[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo ranked 64 by ESPN. Thinks it's high or low?
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
9/14/2017  8:21 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Makes sense. Anything related to the Knicks and that record the last 3 years should be clowned.

Some favorites though:

48. Ricky Rubio Bahahaha. Was his outside shot/defense part of the formula?
44. Jusuf Nurkic (Portlands go to guy. After Lillard and CJ)
35. Middleton (Only played 29 games)
Any rookie. Who unlike Melo has yet to play a single game.

Can't wait to see how well he does in Houston.

why?

Because unlike you, I think he is still a very good player if surrounded by good players/facilitators. And unlike you, i think the Knick fans have scapegoated him in hopes of clouding the reality and real issues around here. And in order to prove the guys (haters), that I have been debating with, that they were wrong. Oh yeah... And I hate to shock you, but I am a fan

Melo, Hoodie Melo and brand Melo can be your cup of tea yet I've been fed up with Melo as he is essentially a losing player due to his selfishness. D'Antoni, George Karl and Phil all got a significant whiff of the inefficiencies he brings. Those are all very solid coaches and have publicly stated in one way or another just how unifaceted he is and that's good enough for me.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/14/2017  10:24 PM
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Makes sense. Anything related to the Knicks and that record the last 3 years should be clowned.

Some favorites though:

why?

Because unlike you, I think he is still a very good player if surrounded by good players/facilitators. And unlike you, i think the Knick fans have scapegoated him in hopes of clouding the reality and real issues around here. And in order to prove the guys (haters), that I have been debating with, that they were wrong. Oh yeah... And I hate to shock you, but I am a fan

Melo, Hoodie Melo and brand Melo can be your cup of tea yet I've been fed up with Melo as he is essentially a losing player due to his selfishness. D'Antoni, George Karl and Phil all got a significant whiff of the inefficiencies he brings. Those are all very solid coaches and have publicly stated in one way or another just how unifaceted he is and that's good enough for me.

Phil never coached Melo and he never put a competitive team or hired a competent coach while he was running the Knicks. Cross him off your list. Karl and DAntoni both are flawed coaches and Karl has had personal issues that could have ended his career. D'Antoni waits 5 yrs and then comes out and says Melo forced him out when he was a lame duck coach that was losing, had had his successor put on his bench as his defensive assistant, and had a month left on his contract.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/15/2017  2:53 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some favorites though:

why?

Phil never coached Melo and he never put a competitive team or hired a competent coach while he was running the Knicks. Cross him off your list. Karl and DAntoni both are flawed coaches and Karl has had personal issues that could have ended his career. D'Antoni waits 5 yrs and then comes out and says Melo forced him out when he was a lame duck coach that was losing, had had his successor put on his bench as his defensive assistant, and had a month left on his contract.

Sure there was never great talent around Melo but at some point you have to admit Melo just doesn't do what other top players do for their teams. More often than not Melo clashes with his coach and GM's game plan.

Putting your trust in Melo is foolhardy. Melo is the F'n Angel of Death for coaches and GM's. His talent gives you the illusion that you can really make it work with him but over the long run you just end up losing. Sure Melo can be on a winning team but he's not really a winning player.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

9/15/2017  8:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/15/2017  8:11 AM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some favorites though:

why?

Sure there was never great talent around Melo but at some point you have to admit Melo just doesn't do what other top players do for their teams. More often than not Melo clashes with his coach and GM's game plan.

Putting your trust in Melo is foolhardy. Melo is the F'n Angel of Death for coaches and GM's. His talent gives you the illusion that you can really make it work with him but over the long run you just end up losing. Sure Melo can be on a winning team but he's not really a winning player.

How anyone that claims they know basketball and it's history can claim the bold to be true but blame some one for not being a winner is beyond me. LBJ, Jordan, Magic etc etc, could not have won a chip with the "not great talent"(Misfits) Melo had around him.

Btw, love when people bring up Karl. Melo was how old? So we should release KP because he just did more than Melo ever did publicly? And Karl/editor was trying to sell a few books. Danfoni was a joke here. The Knicks record the following year proved he deserved to be fired. But let's pull up the article of Hornacek, Fisher, Woodson,every Olympic coach and what they have said about him. But those don't matter?

Melo's biggest flaws are that he takes too many bad shots, doeant go 100 each amd EVERY play on D, thinks he should do what fans expect which is be the savior and most of all, like all of us each and every year, trusted the Dolan front office to do the right thing and put together a quality team. But he is one of the best talents we have had and we whiffed on putting a winning team around him.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/15/2017  8:34 AM
Phil said we can't win with him, or without him. That's basically saying, he can't carry us on his own, and I have added well below avg players around him.

The difference between melo and other stars, is that labron, kd, pg13, cp3, ect, they would have never resign with phil or begged to be traded

Not only did phil not put another star or 2 around melo, he continue to hire the most in experience coach he could possible find so he could controlled them like puppets.

ES
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/15/2017  9:07 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some favorites though:

why?

How anyone that claims they know basketball and it's history can claim the bold to be true but blame some one for not being a winner is beyond me. LBJ, Jordan, Magic etc etc, could not have won a chip with the "not great talent"(Misfits) Melo had around him.

Btw, love when people bring up Karl. Melo was how old? So we should release KP because he just did more than Melo ever did publicly? And Karl/editor was trying to sell a few books. Danfoni was a joke here. The Knicks record the following year proved he deserved to be fired. But let's pull up the article of Hornacek, Fisher, Woodson,every Olympic coach and what they have said about him. But those don't matter?

Melo's biggest flaws are that he takes too many bad shots, doeant go 100 each amd EVERY play on D, thinks he should do what fans expect which is be the savior and most of all, like all of us each and every year, trusted the Dolan front office to do the right thing and put together a quality team. But he is one of the best talents we have had and we whiffed on putting a winning team around him.

i think melo has always fit better as the 2nd guy who handles a lot of the scoring. Thats not a knock on him but i dont think you can be a serious contender with him being the centerpiece.
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/15/2017  9:10 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some favorites though:

why?

i think melo has always fit better as the 2nd guy who handles a lot of the scoring. Thats not a knock on him but i dont think you can be a serious contender with him being the centerpiece.

That's been a no brainer since he came into the league..

ES
StarksEwing1

9/15/2017  9:21 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some favorites though:

why?

oh i agree but some dont think thats true. They blame new york or denver or a host of other things. I dont have anything against the guy but ive never been a fan of his overall game. He is one of the best scorers of my generation ive never denied that but he also has a lot of holes in other parts of the game that make it impossible to seriously contend for a title with him as the top guy
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
9/15/2017  9:34 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some favorites though:

why?

I generally agree, but i do think there was a small window of time where you could argue that a team built around him could win. The 2012-2013 team gave us that model. Melo at the PF, star defensive center (Chandler) covering the defensive shortcomings, and surrounded with shooters and defending wings. The only thing we lacked, as did Melo, was a 2nd fiddle PG. He had Billups in Denver (and in NY for a minute), but it was too late in Billups' career. By today's terms, think someone like Lowry or Conley. If Melo was 27-28 years old, you have a fringe all-star center like Chandler in his prime, and a fringe all-star PG like Conley in his prime, and bunch of quality shooters/defenders, you are effectively building a team around Melo (seeing how he was a top 10-15 player for a couple of years) and you can absolutely contend. But again, that window was very small. We are speaking about building a long-term contender, and you could never do that with Melo, but there were a couple seasons when he was such a good offensive player, that he could have been the best player on a championship team in my opinion.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
9/15/2017  9:37 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some favorites though:

why?

Surely you gest!

Phil may not of coached Melo but after coaching the games greatest, he realized that there were serious limitations in his game and in his heart. If you don't think D'Antoni and Karl have superior basketball credentials revisit the books. I can tell you where to look but I can't give you an understanding.

StarksEwing1

9/15/2017  9:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/15/2017  9:51 AM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some favorites though:

why?

I generally agree, but i do think there was a small window of time where you could argue that a team built around him could win. The 2012-2013 team gave us that model. Melo at the PF, star defensive center (Chandler) covering the defensive shortcomings, and surrounded with shooters and defending wings. The only thing we lacked, as did Melo, was a 2nd fiddle PG. He had Billups in Denver (and in NY for a minute), but it was too late in Billups' career. By today's terms, think someone like Lowry or Conley. If Melo was 27-28 years old, you have a fringe all-star center like Chandler in his prime, and a fringe all-star PG like Conley in his prime, and bunch of quality shooters/defenders, you are effectively building a team around Melo (seeing how he was a top 10-15 player for a couple of years) and you can absolutely contend. But again, that window was very small. We are speaking about building a long-term contender, and you could never do that with Melo, but there were a couple seasons when he was such a good offensive player, that he could have been the best player on a championship team in my opinion.

i know some bring up that 54 Win season which was fun but obviously not sustainable. I think a lot of things went right that year with some luck too. HOWEVER once we got to the playoffs we saw that type of team wouldnt work at least during playoff time. I think even melo realizes that he needs to play with a better overall player to lead and take the pressure off so he could focus on his main strength
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/15/2017  3:35 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some favorites though:

why?

Oh I know he's a good player. I also know his stats will improve with better players around him. Unlike you I dont masturbate over his poster or fill my Nikes with vaseline and coo his name. You can be a fan. I was just curious.

Why would I be shocked? He's a HOF player, has a good image and does great philanthropy work.

Wait you think about guys masturbating? Yuck.

Defending your favorite player, on your favorite team, from the haters that dont know anything but putting down those that have accomplished more than them, does not make me what you are claiming.
Just like when you defend your boys Noah and Phil to no end. Its fair to defend your view. No matter how wrong it may be seen by others. That is what forums are for. As is dogging someone for doing what we all come here to do?

So my claim was in retort to the things you say everytime you answer a question that are simply not true. Phil and Noah arent my boys and I have never defended them to no end. Saying "despite not working out there was some logic and reasoning behind the move. Its failed." Thats a summary of most of my commentary there. Your view of Melo being an elite player like Lebron and Durant is silly, because he's not. You seem to take it personally and lash out at "putting those down who have accomplished more than them..." I mean really dude? If you cant do THAT in a forum where can you? You shouldnt be saying crap about Noah or Phil. You play in the NBA? You coach in the NBA? You win titles and DPOY in the NBA? No.. so you should really shut up about guys who's accomplishments your run at Hofstra isnt sniffing. Pretty sure your about as qualified to rag on Phil and Noah as I am to comment on Melo.

Like that?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
USA
9/15/2017  6:28 PM
Paris907 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some favorites though:

why?

Surely you gest!

Phil may not of coached Melo but after coaching the games greatest, he realized that there were serious limitations in his game and in his heart. If you don't think D'Antoni and Karl have superior basketball credentials revisit the books. I can tell you where to look but I can't give you an understanding.

I am not jesting at all. Melo was a kid when he played for Karl and Karl was a very flawed guy as a younger man. A buddy of mine was a reporter in the Bay Area and covered Karl when he coached them. I sm sure none of the things this guy told me about Karl are in any books. I said my piece about Dantoni. He was Wash's coach and the new gm's coach was sitting on the bench next to him during his lame duck year. In regards to the coaches Phil brought in, neither has much experience and both appear to have been chosen because Phil wanted a coach that he could control and dictate style of play to.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/15/2017  6:35 PM
Paris907 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some favorites though:

why?

Surely you gest!

He does not gest, and dont call him Shirley. The coaches you have named have very thin resumes when it comes to going deep in the playoffs. They didnt go far, with or without Melo. Both have been good regular season coaches, but thats about it. Karl was choking in the playoffs long before Melo came to town.

I dont deny that Melo has been a talented, but flawed player. This description could also apply to said coaches.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/15/2017  7:06 PM
Melo always was a moneymaking machine for himself and the clubs he played for.
He is smart himself or smart enough to have excellent business advisers.
His latest Hoody-Melo brand will go a long way and will make more money that his remaining Knicks contract.
He always was going for sure thing - money instead of lucky shots at titles.
If one wants top dollar in NBA it is much better to be the number one on losing team that 2 or 3 on great team.
I respect him for brilliant execution of his NBA carrier but there is nothing for me as Knicks fan that he ever was able to offer.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

9/15/2017  7:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some favorites though:

why?

Never had a good coach or a good gm or a good teammates. Everyone who interested with him in the NBA was flawed, and he just kept showing up and kept winning. Can't fix stupid

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
9/15/2017  8:05 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some favorites though:

why?

Never had a good coach or a good gm or a good teammates. Everyone who interested with him in the NBA was flawed, and he just kept showing up and kept winning. Can't fix stupid

You got something right. Nice job!
HofstraBBall

9/15/2017  8:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/15/2017  8:10 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some favorites though:

why?

Oh I know he's a good player. I also know his stats will improve with better players around him. Unlike you I dont masturbate over his poster or fill my Nikes with vaseline and coo his name. You can be a fan. I was just curious.

Why would I be shocked? He's a HOF player, has a good image and does great philanthropy work.

Defending your favorite player, on your favorite team, from the haters that dont know anything but putting down those that have accomplished more than them, does not make me what you are claiming.
Just like when you defend your boys Noah and Phil to no end. Its fair to defend your view. No matter how wrong it may be seen by others. That is what forums are for. As is dogging someone for doing what we all come here to do?

So my claim was in retort to the things you say everytime you answer a question that are simply not true. Phil and Noah arent my boys and I have never defended them to no end. Saying "despite not working out there was some logic and reasoning behind the move. Its failed." Thats a summary of most of my commentary there. Your view of Melo being an elite player like Lebron and Durant is silly, because he's not. You seem to take it personally and lash out at "putting those down who have accomplished more than them..." I mean really dude? If you cant do THAT in a forum where can you? You shouldnt be saying crap about Noah or Phil. You play in the NBA? You coach in the NBA? You win titles and DPOY in the NBA? No.. so you should really shut up about guys who's accomplishments your run at Hofstra isnt sniffing. Pretty sure your about as qualified to rag on Phil and Noah as I am to comment on Melo.

Like that?

As usual, your response is off to some tangent when you take things personally. Was it the fact i said you think about guys masturbating? Then dont say **** like that. Guess i hit a nerve. Me sensitive? Lashing out? Lmao. I am making fun of stupid insults you tried to make.

Btw. When did I say he was at LBJ's or Durants level...right now? Maybe Durant, qho up until last uer jad not qon anuthing eitjer. Think Melo in GS would jave gotten him a chip. But he is not a ***** like Durant. And yea, he is still elite and was one of the best players in the league not too long ago. Sorry, i know that hurts. Proof...he is a future HOFamer. So wrong again. And like I said, anyone can lost their views. That's why its a forum. As is my opinion that most hater fans are guys that didn't do **** in athletics and like to pick superstars apart. Does that hit a nerve as well?

You do defend Noah, cuz you thought it was a good signing and argued such. Wrong again. You did defend Phil and the Triangle with zero foresight as to it's antiquity and eventual end. Wrong again. You argued Grant was better than Timmy when some of us said Grant as not good. Wrong again. And as far as attending Hofstra, wrong again. But keep trying. Guess you sell Fish at the Fulton market?

On deck Smith JR.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

9/15/2017  8:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/15/2017  8:15 PM
Top NBA Players respond. But what do they know. Fat guys behind the computer probbly know more.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/blazers-news-damian-lillard-on-carmelo-anthonys-player-ranking/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/draymond-green-offers-colorful-criticism-of-carmelo-anthonys-nba-ranking/amp/

Swishfm3
Member: #392
9/15/2017  10:38 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some favorites though:

why?

Like that?

As usual, your response is off to some tangent when you take things personally. Was it the fact i said you think about guys masturbating? Then dont say **** like that. Guess i hit a nerve. Me sensitive? Lashing out? Lmao. I am making fun of stupid insults you tried to make.

Btw. When did I say he was at LBJ's or Durants level...right now? Maybe Durant, qho up until last uer jad not qon anuthing eitjer. Think Melo in GS would jave gotten him a chip. But he is not a ***** like Durant. And yea, he is still elite and was one of the best players in the league not too long ago. Sorry, i know that hurts. Proof...he is a future HOFamer. So wrong again. And like I said, anyone can lost their views. That's why its a forum. As is my opinion that most hater fans are guys that didn't do **** in athletics and like to pick superstars apart. Does that hit a nerve as well?

You do defend Noah, cuz you thought it was a good signing and argued such. Wrong again. You did defend Phil and the Triangle with zero foresight as to it's antiquity and eventual end. Wrong again. You argued Grant was better than Timmy when some of us said Grant as not good. Wrong again. And as far as attending Hofstra, wrong again. But keep trying. Guess you sell Fish at the Fulton market?

On deck Smith JR.

Oh boy...now you going to get him going about HS Softball days.

Melo ranked 64 by ESPN. Thinks it's high or low?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy