[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo ranked 64 by ESPN. Thinks it's high or low?
Author Thread
Paris907
Posts: 20765
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
9/13/2017  1:12 PM
http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/20691237
http://es.pn/2x1rv3Q

If Stephen A says it's ridiculous then it must be so. Bootlicker. !!!

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Posts: 36295
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
9/13/2017  7:15 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:What's wrong with projections? You only want a discussion when there's certainty? You turn off the TV every time they give a weather forecast?

being a weather man is the only job on the planet you can get wrong 4x a wk and still keep your job..

It's not a job but sports fans on the Internet post dumbass predictions that don't come to pass all the time and don't hold themselves accountable either.

your comparing a sports fans prediction to a professional who is being paid thousands to get it right..your reaching dude..

ES
Knickoftime
Posts: 23205
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

9/13/2017  7:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/13/2017  7:22 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:What's wrong with projections? You only want a discussion when there's certainty? You turn off the TV every time they give a weather forecast?

being a weather man is the only job on the planet you can get wrong 4x a wk and still keep your job..

It's not a job but sports fans on the Internet post dumbass predictions that don't come to pass all the time and don't hold themselves accountable either.

your comparing a sports fans prediction to a professional who is being paid thousands to get it right..your reaching dude..

Nobody in professional sports can accurately predict anything more often than not. That's the entire appeal of sports.

They make predictions solely because fans like yourself watch, and then complain about what they saw, and then watch some more.

HofstraBBall
Posts: 22355
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

9/13/2017  8:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/13/2017  8:31 PM
Makes sense. Anything related to the Knicks and that record the last 3 years should be clowned.

Some favorites though:

48. Ricky Rubio Bahahaha. Was his outside shot/defense part of the formula?
44. Jusuf Nurkic (Portlands go to guy. After Lillard and CJ)
35. Middleton (Only played 29 games)
Any rookie. Who unlike Melo has yet to play a single game.

Can't wait to see how well he does in Houston.

Melo Haters = Lin lovers who are mad Houston paid so much for his 15 Minutes,
ekstarks94
Posts: 20380
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/5/2015
Member: #6104

9/13/2017  9:25 PM
Paris907 wrote:Yes indeed. Melo can score 30 on any given night. Problem is however it may take 30 shots to do it at a 40% clip. Therein lies the issue and that's why he's ranked 64. It's clear that Phil didn't knock down Melo's value,
Father Time did. He will be what? 34? He is solely a jump shooter at this point. Still holds the ball considerably too long and stymies an offense. He shoots 43% from 2 and 36% from three. It's sporadic and sinking.

Kobe is riding to the HOF scoring 30 puts on 20+ shots....only Kobes last yr when the wheels fell off...but Melo at 64....even as a jump shooter...hell no....not with brook lopez and others ahead of him...ridiculous

meloshouldgo
Posts: 24004
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

9/13/2017  9:57 PM
64? How on earth does anyone rate him top 64? He isn't even top 100 at this point. 100-120 is probably a good range for him.
The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27114
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

9/13/2017  10:29 PM
Who cares about this ranking?

Are the Knicks helped or hurt by the ranking?

Is Anthony's game helped or hurt by the ranking?


If I'm a player and this upsets me, I use it as motivation during the season. I play well enough to make the All-Star game or end of the season All-NBA team and I laugh at ESPN.


This is all about a player's self-esteem, or the self-esteem of certain fans who like to have their players honored in one way or another.


It is NOT important.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Bonn1997
Posts: 58320
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
9/14/2017  6:06 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:What's wrong with projections? You only want a discussion when there's certainty? You turn off the TV every time they give a weather forecast?

being a weather man is the only job on the planet you can get wrong 4x a wk and still keep your job..

It's not a job but sports fans on the Internet post dumbass predictions that don't come to pass all the time and don't hold themselves accountable either.

your comparing a sports fans prediction to a professional who is being paid thousands to get it right..your reaching dude..

I doubt his job description says the author has to make accurate predictions. He has to write interesting, thought-provoking material.

Gudris
Posts: 20585
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

9/14/2017  6:13 AM
Interesting how high is KP ?
Bonn1997
Posts: 58320
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
9/14/2017  6:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/14/2017  6:44 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:64? How on earth does anyone rate him top 64? He isn't even top 100 at this point. 100-120 is probably a good range for him.

Yeah, last year he wasn't top 64. I think most agree he had a negative impact on the team last year. You can't be top 64 and have a negative impact. It would stand to reason that an average player (ranked 200 out of about 400 players) has a neutral impact, and a negative impact player is below that. I assume they're projecting that his attitude will be a lot better next year.

One other thought is they basically picked a middle ground. Most people using the so-called eyeball test and looking at PPG will say he should be much higher. Most people looking at advanced metrics would have to conclude he should be much lower. I don't mind them taking a middle ground.

Bonn1997
Posts: 58320
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
9/14/2017  6:34 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:Who cares about this ranking?

Are the Knicks helped or hurt by the ranking?

Is Anthony's game helped or hurt by the ranking?


If I'm a player and this upsets me, I use it as motivation during the season. I play well enough to make the All-Star game or end of the season All-NBA team and I laugh at ESPN.


This is all about a player's self-esteem, or the self-esteem of certain fans who like to have their players honored in one way or another.


It is NOT important.


Or do you use it to take 25 instead of 21 shots a game?! Then you get an even higher PPG total, which is all that matters to many people.
knicks1248
Posts: 36295
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
9/14/2017  8:20 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:What's wrong with projections? You only want a discussion when there's certainty? You turn off the TV every time they give a weather forecast?

being a weather man is the only job on the planet you can get wrong 4x a wk and still keep your job..

It's not a job but sports fans on the Internet post dumbass predictions that don't come to pass all the time and don't hold themselves accountable either.

your comparing a sports fans prediction to a professional who is being paid thousands to get it right..your reaching dude..

Nobody in professional sports can accurately predict anything more often than not. That's the entire appeal of sports.

They make predictions solely because fans like yourself watch, and then complain about what they saw, and then watch some more.

The rankings means very little to me, especially when other rankings have players rank entirely different.

I agree with part of what your saying, most sports analyst, writers, bloggers, are only stating their opinion base on stats, or some half ass inside info. It's a job where you can be wrong 80% of the time and nobody cares, it's on to the next big story.

ES
Bonn1997
Posts: 58320
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
9/14/2017  8:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/14/2017  8:33 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:What's wrong with projections? You only want a discussion when there's certainty? You turn off the TV every time they give a weather forecast?

being a weather man is the only job on the planet you can get wrong 4x a wk and still keep your job..

It's not a job but sports fans on the Internet post dumbass predictions that don't come to pass all the time and don't hold themselves accountable either.

your comparing a sports fans prediction to a professional who is being paid thousands to get it right..your reaching dude..

Nobody in professional sports can accurately predict anything more often than not. That's the entire appeal of sports.

They make predictions solely because fans like yourself watch, and then complain about what they saw, and then watch some more.

The rankings means very little to me, especially when other rankings have players rank entirely different.

I agree with part of what your saying, most sports analyst, writers, bloggers, are only stating their opinion base on stats, or some half ass inside info. It's a job where you can be wrong 80% of the time and nobody cares, it's on to the next big story.


They mean enough for you to type six replies in this thread!
Nalod
Posts: 54091
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
9/14/2017  8:50 AM
We not talking about KP at 22????
Anger sells, don't buy!
GustavBahler
Posts: 32974
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

9/14/2017  10:32 AM
Its too low, but Melo is no spring chicken. Has to show the league that he still belongs in the conversation. A good PG can help Melo, KP, bring out the most in their game. I believe we have a better chance of someone stepping up and getting everyone on the same page with Rose gone. Melo and KP dont have to spend the season watching Rose go one on five. If Melo can stay relatively healthy, I believe he will have a good season.
fishmike
Posts: 47712
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
9/14/2017  11:23 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:Makes sense. Anything related to the Knicks and that record the last 3 years should be clowned.

Some favorites though:

48. Ricky Rubio Bahahaha. Was his outside shot/defense part of the formula?
44. Jusuf Nurkic (Portlands go to guy. After Lillard and CJ)
35. Middleton (Only played 29 games)
Any rookie. Who unlike Melo has yet to play a single game.

Can't wait to see how well he does in Houston.


why?
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
HofstraBBall
Posts: 22355
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

9/14/2017  11:43 AM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Makes sense. Anything related to the Knicks and that record the last 3 years should be clowned.

Some favorites though:

48. Ricky Rubio Bahahaha. Was his outside shot/defense part of the formula?
44. Jusuf Nurkic (Portlands go to guy. After Lillard and CJ)
35. Middleton (Only played 29 games)
Any rookie. Who unlike Melo has yet to play a single game.

Can't wait to see how well he does in Houston.


why?

Because unlike you, I think he is still a very good player if surrounded by good players/facilitators. And unlike you, i think the Knick fans have scapegoated him in hopes of clouding the reality and real issues around here. And in order to prove the guys (haters), that I have been debating with, that they were wrong. Oh yeah... And I hate to shock you, but I am a fan

Melo Haters = Lin lovers who are mad Houston paid so much for his 15 Minutes,
fishmike
Posts: 47712
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
9/14/2017  2:22 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Makes sense. Anything related to the Knicks and that record the last 3 years should be clowned.

Some favorites though:

48. Ricky Rubio Bahahaha. Was his outside shot/defense part of the formula?
44. Jusuf Nurkic (Portlands go to guy. After Lillard and CJ)
35. Middleton (Only played 29 games)
Any rookie. Who unlike Melo has yet to play a single game.

Can't wait to see how well he does in Houston.


why?

Because unlike you, I think he is still a very good player if surrounded by good players/facilitators. And unlike you, i think the Knick fans have scapegoated him in hopes of clouding the reality and real issues around here. And in order to prove the guys (haters), that I have been debating with, that they were wrong. Oh yeah... And I hate to shock you, but I am a fan

Oh I know he's a good player. I also know his stats will improve with better players around him. Unlike you I dont masturbate over his poster or fill my Nikes with vaseline and coo his name. You can be a fan. I was just curious.

Why would I be shocked? He's a HOF player, has a good image and does great philanthropy work.

fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
HofstraBBall
Posts: 22355
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

9/14/2017  5:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/14/2017  6:32 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Makes sense. Anything related to the Knicks and that record the last 3 years should be clowned.

Some favorites though:

48. Ricky Rubio Bahahaha. Was his outside shot/defense part of the formula?
44. Jusuf Nurkic (Portlands go to guy. After Lillard and CJ)
35. Middleton (Only played 29 games)
Any rookie. Who unlike Melo has yet to play a single game.

Can't wait to see how well he does in Houston.


why?

Because unlike you, I think he is still a very good player if surrounded by good players/facilitators. And unlike you, i think the Knick fans have scapegoated him in hopes of clouding the reality and real issues around here. And in order to prove the guys (haters), that I have been debating with, that they were wrong. Oh yeah... And I hate to shock you, but I am a fan

Oh I know he's a good player. I also know his stats will improve with better players around him. Unlike you I dont masturbate over his poster or fill my Nikes with vaseline and coo his name. You can be a fan. I was just curious.

Why would I be shocked? He's a HOF player, has a good image and does great philanthropy work.

Wait you think about guys masturbating? Yuck.

Defending your favorite player, on your favorite team, from the haters that dont know anything but putting down those that have accomplished more than them, does not make me what you are claiming.
Just like when you defend your boys Noah and Phil to no end. Its fair to defend your view. No matter how wrong it may be seen by others. That is what forums are for. As is dogging someone for doing what we all come here to do?

Melo Haters = Lin lovers who are mad Houston paid so much for his 15 Minutes,
Paris907
Posts: 20765
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
9/14/2017  8:16 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Makes sense. Anything related to the Knicks and that record the last 3 years should be clowned.

Some favorites though:

48. Ricky Rubio Bahahaha. Was his outside shot/defense part of the formula?
44. Jusuf Nurkic (Portlands go to guy. After Lillard and CJ)
35. Middleton (Only played 29 games)
Any rookie. Who unlike Melo has yet to play a single game.

Can't wait to see how well he does in Houston.

I couldn't care less how he does in Houston or For China. He is not a particularly athletic pro. He may start the season at say 50 but end the season beyond 100 as his legs are a fraction of what they were

Melo ranked 64 by ESPN. Thinks it's high or low?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.