[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We need to draft Doncic
Author Thread
Knickoftime
Posts: 22844
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

9/13/2017  3:42 PM
TripleThreat wrote:The league would have gift wrapped either Doncic or Porter to the Lakers if they had a pick.

Yet the league blocked the Paul trade to the Lakers. The Lakers have been denied the chance to draft Wiggins, Parker, Emiid, Towns, Simmons.

They've been arguably the NBA's worst team for four years. The NBA is doing an awful job conspiring to make the Lakers better.

This draft process is so rigged that people in the industry just joke about it in public now.

No they don't, and you're not going to prove otherwise, because you can't.

If the Knicks want top lottery picks from now on, Dolan has TO SELL THE TEAM FOR A RECORD PRICE, and the new ownership will be "gifted" some top lottery picks as the bounty for raising the value of all franchises with some stupid over the top offer.

As always, the problem with the conspiracy theories is they collapse under the weight of their own logic, but the people who believe in them aren't very good at identifying logic, and are too invested in them to actually scrutinize their premises.

This ridiculous theory relies on the notion that teams like the Knicks and the Kings and for many years the Wolves who just can't gain any traction idly sit by allow the league to cater to other teams.

If you don't immediately recognize how stupid this is, the problem is you just can't.

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Posts: 22844
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

9/13/2017  3:53 PM
TripleThreat wrote:If the NBA could get another half billion in a big TV contract, they'd murder an entire preschool if they had to do it. They'd kill every last child of every last member of UK here. They'd burn them alive like Shireen in Game of Thrones. Every major pro sport has it's own security element. We are talking, not just retired law enforcement and retired gurus from the civil legal system, but mercenaries, former military, contractors, information brokers. A private army. You think when MLB put it's foothold into Latin America and baseball there that there was no bloodshed? It could be basketball, it could be women's makeup, it could be Post It notes, put enough money into something and people are gonna get clipped. If they are willing to cut your childrens throats in front of you for a few nickels in your pocket, you think they are going to hesitate to rig a machine go spit out one ping pong ball over another?

Conspiracy theories are good for fun and games. It makes no sense for me that anyone who is a fan or follower of a sports league who believe it's rigged would remain a fan or follower, but that's a topic for another time.

This however, isn't fun and games.

This is frankly, disturbing.

If you genuinely believe Adam Silver, Roger Goodell, Rob Manfred. etc, either do or potentially would order mass homicide or genocide, I mean this in all sincerity, you should seek help. This is an irrational, and underlyingly violent worldview.

awe1028
Posts: 20045
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2009
Member: #2780

9/13/2017  4:34 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
awe1028 wrote:You beat me to it. Doncic (and Michael Porter) is exactly why you root for the Knicks to lose a whole lot of games and get a whole lot of ping pong balls in the 2018 draft.

Depends on if you think the NBA draft is rigged or not. I believe it is, and based on that, my best guess is the Clippers and/or Minnesota will end up with the top two picks.

Less than 80 percent of all POTENTIAL playoff games were played last postseason. Why is that? Both conferences were very very top heavy. That's a lot of lost revenue. Cleveland will be gutted after this season, but Golden State has to drive Adam Silver nuts. They destroy everyone and they aren't that marketable. (not compared to some wannabe rapper who shoots up nightclubs and gets 15 stewardesses pregnant and has his own cologne and dunks over a car - you know the kind of players that NBA love to market with full swag and fervor)

If you are a new owner or an owner who spent big recently on a franchise, the NBA wants you to win. Because winning and winning FAST is an incentive for more non NBA owners to bid and bid crazy to get a team and hop on that ride. The Carolina Panthers and Jacksonville Jaguars got extra picks their first year for a reason. If they both win and win fast, it ups the valuation of ALL FRANCHISES.

Ballmer spend TWO BILLION on the Clippers. Paul is gone and Griffin is probably going to get hurt. And they have no reason to be a treadmill team.

Minnesota can actually be in a position to slow down Golden State and drag out a series.

The league would have gift wrapped either Doncic or Porter to the Lakers if they had a pick. But they don't. Clearly the league wants the Lakers/Celtic rivalry to be reborn. Clearly LBJ and Paul George will end up on the Lakers next season.

Knicks have no chance at Doncic or Porter. Was there any doubt where Anthony Davis was going to go? Kyrie Irving? LBJ? Derrick Rose? This draft process is so rigged that people in the industry just joke about it in public now.

If the Knicks want top lottery picks from now on, Dolan has TO SELL THE TEAM FOR A RECORD PRICE, and the new ownership will be "gifted" some top lottery picks as the bounty for raising the value of all franchises with some stupid over the top offer.

I am not sure I agree with you the draft is rigged. I am not saying I disagree either. I have no COMPELLING evidence either way.

You state, "Clearly the league wants the Lakers/Celtics rivalry" and I think in part you are basing this on the fact the Celtics and Lakers got the top two picks in the draft.

However the NBA draft just as in other sports' drafts is set up to reward the worst teams with the highest picks. Unlike other sports the worse team is not GUARANTEED to get the first pick. In looking at the history, it seems to me the NBA draft has gone just about as would be expected

In 2017, the Celtics (via the Nets) and the Lakers had the two worse records thus it is not surprising they "won" the top two picks. Where is the evidence of rigging?

In 2016, 2015 2011 Philadelphia Minnesota Cleveland all had the worst records respectively and got the first picks. Again where is the rigging?

There have been persistent rumors of draft rigging and if you subscribe to the theory "where there is smoke there is fire" which I do to some extent it is probably prudent to keep an open mind about the possibility. But to accuse the NBA of rigging, I am not ready to go that far. Until further evidence is presented at most I will say is I have an open mind.

I will also have to disagree with your comment, "the Knicks have no chance at Donca and Porter". Having a competitive team in New York would certainly be good for the NBA. The League was never more popular and profitable than when the Knicks and Bulls were battling it out during the Patrick and Michael era.

IMHO, The knicks are on the verge of and one wing superstar (Doncic, Porter) away from being competitive again. Given the impact a once again relevant Knicks team would have on the NBA, it seems to me if rigging is indeed going on the Knicks have a very good chance of being gifted Doncic or Porter.

KP4Life
Posts: 20092
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/16/2015
Member: #6117
USA
9/13/2017  4:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/13/2017  4:49 PM
If you don't think the draft is rigged check out this video by Mike Korzemba.


No the question of why hasn't NY gotten the #1 since 1985? Either Silver/Stern hate Dolan for some reason, or they feel like we don't deserve it since we got it in 85.

Paris907
Posts: 20664
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
9/13/2017  5:18 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
awe1028 wrote:You beat me to it. Doncic (and Michael Porter) is exactly why you root for the Knicks to lose a whole lot of games and get a whole lot of ping pong balls in the 2018 draft.

Depends on if you think the NBA draft is rigged or not. I believe it is, and based on that, my best guess is the Clippers and/or Minnesota will end up with the top two picks.

Less than 80 percent of all POTENTIAL playoff games were played last postseason. Why is that? Both conferences were very very top heavy. That's a lot of lost revenue. Cleveland will be gutted after this season, but Golden State has to drive Adam Silver nuts. They destroy everyone and they aren't that marketable. (not compared to some wannabe rapper who shoots up nightclubs and gets 15 stewardesses pregnant and has his own cologne and dunks over a car - you know the kind of players that NBA love to market with full swag and fervor)

If you are a new owner or an owner who spent big recently on a franchise, the NBA wants you to win. Because winning and winning FAST is an incentive for more non NBA owners to bid and bid crazy to get a team and hop on that ride. The Carolina Panthers and Jacksonville Jaguars got extra picks their first year for a reason. If they both win and win fast, it ups the valuation of ALL FRANCHISES.

Ballmer spend TWO BILLION on the Clippers. Paul is gone and Griffin is probably going to get hurt. And they have no reason to be a treadmill team.

Minnesota can actually be in a position to slow down Golden State and drag out a series.

The league would have gift wrapped either Doncic or Porter to the Lakers if they had a pick. But they don't. Clearly the league wants the Lakers/Celtic rivalry to be reborn. Clearly LBJ and Paul George will end up on the Lakers next season.

Knicks have no chance at Doncic or Porter. Was there any doubt where Anthony Davis was going to go? Kyrie Irving? LBJ? Derrick Rose? This draft process is so rigged that people in the industry just joke about it in public now.

If the Knicks want top lottery picks from now on, Dolan has TO SELL THE TEAM FOR A RECORD PRICE, and the new ownership will be "gifted" some top lottery picks as the bounty for raising the value of all franchises with some stupid over the top offer.

Triple threat:

I think your theory has considerable merit. When Riles came to New York it was post "showtime" in LA and suddenly McDaniels, larry Johnson, Oak, among others could play rough in NY.

Yet one other consideration. Jackson build an international team with Frank, Willy and KP. That must appeal to Doncic.

meloshouldgo
Posts: 23336
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

9/13/2017  9:53 PM
Been happily immersed in fantasy football land...reading this thread and laughing a bit. Knicks not winning the lottery = the lottery is rigged?
NBA wants new owners who bet on a franchise to win? Tell that to the Brooklyn Nets?

I think we should focus this entire season on developing chemistry between the players we want to keep. This should be the goal and it needs to be communicated to the team - so they are not frustrated about results/playoffs and other noise.

Bench/reduce Melo or keep him home
Play Noah off the bench even if he is healthy
Tell Jeff his job is safe. He ALONE gets to decide on what style to play and who to sit/start - anyone who has issue with this can rot on the bench
Jeff should run various lineups consistently and experiment enough so we have solid foundation of what works against what type of opposition
Prioritize developing defensive chemistry between KP/Willy
Prioritize defense - set defensive benchmarks and hold players accountable to those
Bench everyone who can't accomplish their defensive assignment
Bench anyone who exceeds a certain preset hard limit of isolation offense (percentage of possessions)
Reward players who buy into team concept and play defense with increased PT
Don't worry about W/L tally
Don't worry about lottery or Doncic
Keep building the team the right way - focus on defense, unselfishness and teamwork
Everything else will take care of itself

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
nixluva
Posts: 54053
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
9/14/2017  2:53 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:Been happily immersed in fantasy football land...reading this thread and laughing a bit. Knicks not winning the lottery = the lottery is rigged?
NBA wants new owners who bet on a franchise to win? Tell that to the Brooklyn Nets?

I think we should focus this entire season on developing chemistry between the players we want to keep. This should be the goal and it needs to be communicated to the team - so they are not frustrated about results/playoffs and other noise.

Bench/reduce Melo or keep him home
Play Noah off the bench even if he is healthy
Tell Jeff his job is safe. He ALONE gets to decide on what style to play and who to sit/start - anyone who has issue with this can rot on the bench
Jeff should run various lineups consistently and experiment enough so we have solid foundation of what works against what type of opposition
Prioritize developing defensive chemistry between KP/Willy
Prioritize defense - set defensive benchmarks and hold players accountable to those
Bench everyone who can't accomplish their defensive assignment
Bench anyone who exceeds a certain preset hard limit of isolation offense (percentage of possessions)
Reward players who buy into team concept and play defense with increased PT
Don't worry about W/L tally
Don't worry about lottery or Doncic
Keep building the team the right way - focus on defense, unselfishness and teamwork
Everything else will take care of itself


I have no doubt that the Knicks are SOLELY focused on developing the talent they have and trying to improve this season. There's no way they can do their jobs and keep them if they focused on trying to draft a top prospect. Now if they lose but do so fighting and playing hard then so be it.

Mills, Perry and Jeff have stated that the team is focused on development and there's no reason to doubt that this is their priority. The Knicks have so much work to do as a franchise and they can't build anything of value if all they're thinking about is Tanking and putting it all on the luck of the Lottery. The jury is still out on whether the Sixers will ultimately prove to be successful doing it that way. Sure looks good right now but they also have lots of work to do.

KEEPCAMBYNY
Posts: 20243
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 8/12/2001
Member: #86
USA
9/14/2017  6:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/14/2017  6:17 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
awe1028 wrote:You beat me to it. Doncic (and Michael Porter) is exactly why you root for the Knicks to lose a whole lot of games and get a whole lot of ping pong balls in the 2018 draft.

Depends on if you think the NBA draft is rigged or not. I believe it is, and based on that, my best guess is the Clippers and/or Minnesota will end up with the top two picks.

Less than 80 percent of all POTENTIAL playoff games were played last postseason. Why is that? Both conferences were very very top heavy. That's a lot of lost revenue. Cleveland will be gutted after this season, but Golden State has to drive Adam Silver nuts. They destroy everyone and they aren't that marketable. (not compared to some wannabe rapper who shoots up nightclubs and gets 15 stewardesses pregnant and has his own cologne and dunks over a car - you know the kind of players that NBA love to market with full swag and fervor)

If you are a new owner or an owner who spent big recently on a franchise, the NBA wants you to win. Because winning and winning FAST is an incentive for more non NBA owners to bid and bid crazy to get a team and hop on that ride. The Carolina Panthers and Jacksonville Jaguars got extra picks their first year for a reason. If they both win and win fast, it ups the valuation of ALL FRANCHISES.

Ballmer spend TWO BILLION on the Clippers. Paul is gone and Griffin is probably going to get hurt. And they have no reason to be a treadmill team.

Minnesota can actually be in a position to slow down Golden State and drag out a series.

The league would have gift wrapped either Doncic or Porter to the Lakers if they had a pick. But they don't. Clearly the league wants the Lakers/Celtic rivalry to be reborn. Clearly LBJ and Paul George will end up on the Lakers next season.

Knicks have no chance at Doncic or Porter. Was there any doubt where Anthony Davis was going to go? Kyrie Irving? LBJ? Derrick Rose? This draft process is so rigged that people in the industry just joke about it in public now.

If the Knicks want top lottery picks from now on, Dolan has TO SELL THE TEAM FOR A RECORD PRICE, and the new ownership will be "gifted" some top lottery picks as the bounty for raising the value of all franchises with some stupid over the top offer.

Well one thing we have going for us is that we have an all minority front office, if we can push that narrative then maybe the NBA will take notice and finally give us a top 3 pick to help put them on a path to success. However, if I had to bet, the top 3 will be the Clippers for the reasons outlined in your post, the Bulls (they give the Bulls a top 3 pick almost every time they are in the lottery), and Cavs (that BK pick will either help entice LeBron to stay or start the rebuild when he leaves. The league loves giving the Bulls and Cavs top 3 picks that's for sure.

I bleed orange and blue for life.
Nalod
Posts: 53840
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
9/14/2017  10:43 AM
Paris907 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
awe1028 wrote:You beat me to it. Doncic (and Michael Porter) is exactly why you root for the Knicks to lose a whole lot of games and get a whole lot of ping pong balls in the 2018 draft.

Depends on if you think the NBA draft is rigged or not. I believe it is, and based on that, my best guess is the Clippers and/or Minnesota will end up with the top two picks.

Less than 80 percent of all POTENTIAL playoff games were played last postseason. Why is that? Both conferences were very very top heavy. That's a lot of lost revenue. Cleveland will be gutted after this season, but Golden State has to drive Adam Silver nuts. They destroy everyone and they aren't that marketable. (not compared to some wannabe rapper who shoots up nightclubs and gets 15 stewardesses pregnant and has his own cologne and dunks over a car - you know the kind of players that NBA love to market with full swag and fervor)

If you are a new owner or an owner who spent big recently on a franchise, the NBA wants you to win. Because winning and winning FAST is an incentive for more non NBA owners to bid and bid crazy to get a team and hop on that ride. The Carolina Panthers and Jacksonville Jaguars got extra picks their first year for a reason. If they both win and win fast, it ups the valuation of ALL FRANCHISES.

Ballmer spend TWO BILLION on the Clippers. Paul is gone and Griffin is probably going to get hurt. And they have no reason to be a treadmill team.

Minnesota can actually be in a position to slow down Golden State and drag out a series.

The league would have gift wrapped either Doncic or Porter to the Lakers if they had a pick. But they don't. Clearly the league wants the Lakers/Celtic rivalry to be reborn. Clearly LBJ and Paul George will end up on the Lakers next season.

Knicks have no chance at Doncic or Porter. Was there any doubt where Anthony Davis was going to go? Kyrie Irving? LBJ? Derrick Rose? This draft process is so rigged that people in the industry just joke about it in public now.

If the Knicks want top lottery picks from now on, Dolan has TO SELL THE TEAM FOR A RECORD PRICE, and the new ownership will be "gifted" some top lottery picks as the bounty for raising the value of all franchises with some stupid over the top offer.

Triple threat:

I think your theory has considerable merit. When Riles came to New York it was post "showtime" in LA and suddenly McDaniels, larry Johnson, Oak, among others could play rough in NY.

Yet one other consideration. Jackson build an international team with Frank, Willy and KP. That must appeal to Doncic.

Riles built a team to compete with the Bad Boys of Detroit. The league was already permissive. It had nothing to do with Knicks.
Larry Johnson never played for Riley in NY.

Anger sells, don't buy!
Nalod
Posts: 53840
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
9/14/2017  11:00 AM
Got to be a lottery team to get a boost!!!
Bulls under Reinsdorf have done frequent rebuilds post Jax-Jordan era. As an owner he understands.
We gave them two first round picks for Eddy.
Look at our history and the many picks we traded away.
At the same time PHilly has been all about the lottery and has been snake bit by it. Same for Orlando since its Shaq/Penny grab.
Clev gets Lebron, but also Kyrie, not bad, but not like Timmy-Kareem-Lebron kind of pick, and it gets Bennett.
Jordan for all his greatness drafted Kwame Brown.
Y'all can connect the dots as you want.
Portland drafted Larue Martin over Bob McAdoo. You ask yourself "Larue who?" Exactly.
POrtand Drafted Sam Bowie over Jordan or Barkley because they had Clyde Drexler. (Hakeem went no. 1)
Portland Drafted Greg Oden over Kevin Durant.

Portland has done OK, they got Bill Walton and a chip, and they had a long streak of playoff success for years, DESPITE those "Mistakes".
My point is this was all done not because of conspiracy but by their own decisions. They were in control of their own destiny.
Clippers for years drafted aweful. Ted Septien used to trade his picks for years when he owned the Cav's. The lakers and Celtics made masterful trades for picks that set up for the showtime/bird era.
For all Dolan is, he is a senior owner and a powerful one at that. The notion that the league favors one vs. another is beyond my comprehension.
The only thing I can wrap my head around is the league might mandate a ref to extend a series but to that extent if it was ever disclosed it would be economically devastating to the league and how it would govern itself. They are except from many labor practices. The Public funds many of the arena's as well. It would be ugly.

Knicks have only their decisions to blame.

Anger sells, don't buy!
HofstraBBall
Posts: 22059
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

9/14/2017  11:45 AM
Great idea. But think the other crappy teams will want to as well. And there are a lot of them.
Melo Haters = Lin lovers who are mad Houston paid so much for his 15 Minutes,
HofstraBBall
Posts: 22059
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

9/14/2017  11:49 AM
KP4Life wrote:If NBA draft is rigged (which I believe it is) why havent ww been gifted a number 1 since 1985? Shit I feels like we have the worst luck in the last ten years in drafting. We always end up going down. Not up. Meanwhile cavs gets 3 #1s in like 5 years. Seems crazy fishy to me. I think in the next few years we will be gifted a number 1 by stern. But who knows.

It's definately rigged. Just look at how the NBA rigged it so we would pick Frank over Dennis Smith Jr.!

Melo Haters = Lin lovers who are mad Houston paid so much for his 15 Minutes,
Nalod
Posts: 53840
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
9/14/2017  1:18 PM
KP4Life wrote:If you don't think the draft is rigged check out this video by Mike Korzemba.


No the question of why hasn't NY gotten the #1 since 1985? Either Silver/Stern hate Dolan for some reason, or they feel like we don't deserve it since we got it in 85.

NOLA had a 15%, top odds were 25%. That means the top pick every year has a 75% chance of NOT LANDING THE TOP SPOT.
If you take all the dots and connect it as youwant you can make videos like this.

Anger sells, don't buy!
meloshouldgo
Posts: 23336
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

9/14/2017  1:41 PM
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Been happily immersed in fantasy football land...reading this thread and laughing a bit. Knicks not winning the lottery = the lottery is rigged?
NBA wants new owners who bet on a franchise to win? Tell that to the Brooklyn Nets?

I think we should focus this entire season on developing chemistry between the players we want to keep. This should be the goal and it needs to be communicated to the team - so they are not frustrated about results/playoffs and other noise.

Bench/reduce Melo or keep him home
Play Noah off the bench even if he is healthy
Tell Jeff his job is safe. He ALONE gets to decide on what style to play and who to sit/start - anyone who has issue with this can rot on the bench
Jeff should run various lineups consistently and experiment enough so we have solid foundation of what works against what type of opposition
Prioritize developing defensive chemistry between KP/Willy
Prioritize defense - set defensive benchmarks and hold players accountable to those
Bench everyone who can't accomplish their defensive assignment
Bench anyone who exceeds a certain preset hard limit of isolation offense (percentage of possessions)
Reward players who buy into team concept and play defense with increased PT
Don't worry about W/L tally
Don't worry about lottery or Doncic
Keep building the team the right way - focus on defense, unselfishness and teamwork
Everything else will take care of itself


I have no doubt that the Knicks are SOLELY focused on developing the talent they have and trying to improve this season. There's no way they can do their jobs and keep them if they focused on trying to draft a top prospect. Now if they lose but do so fighting and playing hard then so be it.

Mills, Perry and Jeff have stated that the team is focused on development and there's no reason to doubt that this is their priority. The Knicks have so much work to do as a franchise and they can't build anything of value if all they're thinking about is Tanking and putting it all on the luck of the Lottery. The jury is still out on whether the Sixers will ultimately prove to be successful doing it that way. Sure looks good right now but they also have lots of work to do.

Which is why I said don't focus on the draft and Doncic. One thing they can do is publicly announce Jeff is the coach and he is staying but that only works if they are committed to follow through with it even when (not if) it involves extended benching of Melo and KP. Those are the tires of steps that can get results or you can coddle the Stars and celebrate first round exit for the next two decades. You have to start somewhere, take a position and go with it. Can't forever analyze see what is the next move.

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
Gudris
Posts: 20465
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

9/14/2017  4:39 PM
Doncic just now destroyed Spain and brothers Gasols and Hernangomez in semifinals http://www.fiba.basketball/eurobasket/2017/1409/Spain-Slovenia#|tab=boxscore_statistics
awe1028
Posts: 20045
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2009
Member: #2780

9/14/2017  4:56 PM
Gudris wrote:Doncic just now destroyed Spain and brothers Gasols and Hernangomez in semifinals http://www.fiba.basketball/eurobasket/2017/1409/Spain-Slovenia#|tab=boxscore_statistics

Gudris most impressive for Doncic is the 12 rebounds. Question: Is he as a good a rebounder as this game suggests or is it just an abnormally good rebounding game for him.

NardDogNation
Posts: 26395
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

9/14/2017  5:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/14/2017  5:28 PM
KP4Life wrote:If NBA draft is rigged (which I believe it is) why havent ww been gifted a number 1 since 1985? Shit I feels like we have the worst luck in the last ten years in drafting. We always end up going down. Not up. Meanwhile cavs gets 3 #1s in like 5 years. Seems crazy fishy to me. I think in the next few years we will be gifted a number 1 by stern. But who knows.

The Knicks will always be profitable due to Knick faithful. The New York market is already saturated and we even are prominent outside NYC in places like Atlanta and Miami. So what is the point in gift-wrapping us anything? How many more potential Knick fans are out there? The shrewder move IMO, is to funnel talent to virgin/underdeveloped markets that might be indifferent to the NBA product i.e. Cleveland, New Orleans, etc.

NardDogNation
Posts: 26395
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

9/14/2017  5:16 PM
Welpee wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
awe1028 wrote:You beat me to it. Doncic (and Michael Porter) is exactly why you root for the Knicks to lose a whole lot of games and get a whole lot of ping pong balls in the 2018 draft.

Depends on if you think the NBA draft is rigged or not. I believe it is, and based on that, my best guess is the Clippers and/or Minnesota will end up with the top two picks.

Less than 80 percent of all POTENTIAL playoff games were played last postseason. Why is that? Both conferences were very very top heavy. That's a lot of lost revenue. Cleveland will be gutted after this season, but Golden State has to drive Adam Silver nuts. They destroy everyone and they aren't that marketable. (not compared to some wannabe rapper who shoots up nightclubs and gets 15 stewardesses pregnant and has his own cologne and dunks over a car - you know the kind of players that NBA love to market with full swag and fervor)

If you are a new owner or an owner who spent big recently on a franchise, the NBA wants you to win. Because winning and winning FAST is an incentive for more non NBA owners to bid and bid crazy to get a team and hop on that ride. The Carolina Panthers and Jacksonville Jaguars got extra picks their first year for a reason. If they both win and win fast, it ups the valuation of ALL FRANCHISES.

Ballmer spend TWO BILLION on the Clippers. Paul is gone and Griffin is probably going to get hurt. And they have no reason to be a treadmill team.

Minnesota can actually be in a position to slow down Golden State and drag out a series.

The league would have gift wrapped either Doncic or Porter to the Lakers if they had a pick. But they don't. Clearly the league wants the Lakers/Celtic rivalry to be reborn. Clearly LBJ and Paul George will end up on the Lakers next season.

Knicks have no chance at Doncic or Porter. Was there any doubt where Anthony Davis was going to go? Kyrie Irving? LBJ? Derrick Rose? This draft process is so rigged that people in the industry just joke about it in public now.

If the Knicks want top lottery picks from now on, Dolan has TO SELL THE TEAM FOR A RECORD PRICE, and the new ownership will be "gifted" some top lottery picks as the bounty for raising the value of all franchises with some stupid over the top offer.

And the Wizards got the #1 pick (John Wall) the draft after their owner Abe Pollin died in spite of having the 5th best odds.

...not to mention that John Wall is a DC product. Anytime there is a hometown kid with primere talent, the league seems to steer him home i.e. LeBron James to CLE, Derrick Rose to CHI, John Wall to DC, Lonzo Ball to LAL, etc. If it isn't under this pretense, there is some other compelling narrative i.e. the franchise losing its franchise player (e.g. LeBron to MIA; then Kyrie to CLE; CP3 to LAC; then Anthony Davis NOH/NOP; Elton Brand to PHI; then Blake Griffin to LAC; Kevin Love to CLE; then Karl Anthony Towns to MIN). Like the other skeptics, I think the draft is blatantly rigged.

Knickoftime
Posts: 22844
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

9/14/2017  5:37 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
awe1028 wrote:You beat me to it. Doncic (and Michael Porter) is exactly why you root for the Knicks to lose a whole lot of games and get a whole lot of ping pong balls in the 2018 draft.

Depends on if you think the NBA draft is rigged or not. I believe it is, and based on that, my best guess is the Clippers and/or Minnesota will end up with the top two picks.

Less than 80 percent of all POTENTIAL playoff games were played last postseason. Why is that? Both conferences were very very top heavy. That's a lot of lost revenue. Cleveland will be gutted after this season, but Golden State has to drive Adam Silver nuts. They destroy everyone and they aren't that marketable. (not compared to some wannabe rapper who shoots up nightclubs and gets 15 stewardesses pregnant and has his own cologne and dunks over a car - you know the kind of players that NBA love to market with full swag and fervor)

If you are a new owner or an owner who spent big recently on a franchise, the NBA wants you to win. Because winning and winning FAST is an incentive for more non NBA owners to bid and bid crazy to get a team and hop on that ride. The Carolina Panthers and Jacksonville Jaguars got extra picks their first year for a reason. If they both win and win fast, it ups the valuation of ALL FRANCHISES.

Ballmer spend TWO BILLION on the Clippers. Paul is gone and Griffin is probably going to get hurt. And they have no reason to be a treadmill team.

Minnesota can actually be in a position to slow down Golden State and drag out a series.

The league would have gift wrapped either Doncic or Porter to the Lakers if they had a pick. But they don't. Clearly the league wants the Lakers/Celtic rivalry to be reborn. Clearly LBJ and Paul George will end up on the Lakers next season.

Knicks have no chance at Doncic or Porter. Was there any doubt where Anthony Davis was going to go? Kyrie Irving? LBJ? Derrick Rose? This draft process is so rigged that people in the industry just joke about it in public now.

If the Knicks want top lottery picks from now on, Dolan has TO SELL THE TEAM FOR A RECORD PRICE, and the new ownership will be "gifted" some top lottery picks as the bounty for raising the value of all franchises with some stupid over the top offer.

And the Wizards got the #1 pick (John Wall) the draft after their owner Abe Pollin died in spite of having the 5th best odds.

...not to mention that John Wall is a DC product. Anytime there is a hometown kid with primere talent, the league seems to steer him home i.e. LeBron James to CLE, Derrick Rose to CHI, John Wall to DC, Lonzo Ball to LAL, etc. If it isn't under this pretense, there is some other compelling narrative i.e. the franchise losing its franchise player (e.g. LeBron to MIA; then Kyrie to CLE; CP3 to LAC; then Anthony Davis NOH/NOP; Elton Brand to PHI; then Blake Griffin to LAC; Kevin Love to CLE; then Karl Anthony Towns to MIN). Like the other skeptics, I think the draft is blatantly rigged.

Hmmm, I wonder why Howard wasn't drafted by the Atlanta, Westbrook wasn't drafted by the Clippers, or Griffin wasn't drafted by the Thunder.

Also wonder why teams like the Knicks put up with it.

KEEPCAMBYNY
Posts: 20243
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 8/12/2001
Member: #86
USA
9/14/2017  5:41 PM
awe1028 wrote:
Gudris wrote:Doncic just now destroyed Spain and brothers Gasols and Hernangomez in semifinals http://www.fiba.basketball/eurobasket/2017/1409/Spain-Slovenia#|tab=boxscore_statistics

Gudris most impressive for Doncic is the 12 rebounds. Question: Is he as a good a rebounder as this game suggests or is it just an abnormally good rebounding game for him.

Yes, he is a triple double threat every night and that Spanish team is pretty much an NBA team so this performance is legit.

I bleed orange and blue for life.
We need to draft Doncic

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.