[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wait? What?
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/12/2017  11:46 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
Vmart wrote:Didn't he Bucks owners daughter want to buy the Knicks. Maybe there is some truth in that.

Oh my god....please don't tease me.

I'd let her treat me like Anucha Browne Sanders

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/12/2017  3:24 PM
EnySpree wrote:4. Billion dollars? That's a lot of change. Be careful what you wish for. People with that kind of money aren't to be trusted. We could get something far worse

Right. Only people who have nothing can be trusted.
They have nothing to lose.
So you always know what to expect.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/12/2017  5:37 PM
franco12 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:4. Billion dollars? That's a lot of change. Be careful what you wish for. People with that kind of money aren't to be trusted. We could get something far worse

Exactly what I am thinking - someone or a group with that kind of money - they will be dumber and more evil than Dolan.

I agree..i don't know about evil, but chances are, they will also be clueless.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/12/2017  6:33 PM
Dumb article speaks to rising prices and thus it would be good to sell at what could be a market top.
To sell the Rangers, the building, and Knicks in one fell swoop to a private person is all too romantic but thats a big chunk of money.
Makes no sense to just sell knicks.
And to whom? Imagine if Trump owned it?
Or some other cash starved ego maniac?
A new owner won't change the past.
A new owner might be worse.
thats not a ringing endorsement, but as long as Jimmy lets Mills do his thing, I can live with this for now.
Be careful what you wish for sometimes.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/12/2017  9:48 PM
Brooklyn got a billionaire, what did it get them?
The possibility that some Chinese billionaires buy the team and your new starting PG is...

The Return of Starbury!

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

9/13/2017  8:21 AM
franco12 wrote:

Exactly what I am thinking - someone or a group with that kind of money - they will be dumber and more evil than Dolan.

This. Unfortunately true. With this price tag, the new owners would only be concerned with the bottom line. And that would not be basketball.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
9/13/2017  8:30 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:this is great and all, but this is an article about him exiting the cable business. in theory, he could divest from the cable market and remain in the sports and entertainment business

where is all the NBA Revenue coming from? TV & Cable contracts. And the next round will probably be flat or less. No guarantee, but could be.

As an NBA owner, you are still beholden to cable market.

Wait? What?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy