fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/29/2017  8:33 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
nixluva wrote:

It’s so funny why do certain media reporters say who will start and who will come off the bench SNY did the same thing to kp when he came to training camp his rookie year...I was like there is no way he’s not starting, what are they talking about .... same for frank, love jack and sessions but I think I’d be disappointed if they start over a more talented guy in Frankie .

I would start Frank or Baker, whats the point of running out Sessions or Jack we know what they are and they won't help the future of this team

So the other 4 guys on the floor dont have to suffer through their mistakes. This what practice and coming off the bench is for. They have to earn the start. Force feeding them minutes if they are struggling early doesnt help them and does more harm than good.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/29/2017  9:35 AM
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
nixluva wrote:

It’s so funny why do certain media reporters say who will start and who will come off the bench SNY did the same thing to kp when he came to training camp his rookie year...I was like there is no way he’s not starting, what are they talking about .... same for frank, love jack and sessions but I think I’d be disappointed if they start over a more talented guy in Frankie .

I would start Frank or Baker, whats the point of running out Sessions or Jack we know what they are and they won't help the future of this team

So the other 4 guys on the floor dont have to suffer through their mistakes. This what practice and coming off the bench is for. They have to earn the start. Force feeding them minutes if they are struggling early doesnt help them and does more harm than good.

also, making a rookie earn it by beating out veterans who know how to prepare seems like a good strategy to use with a teenager

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
9/29/2017  10:22 AM
He looks absolutely huge vs Jack.

Someone posted year over year photos of Ntilikina - he's grown up a lot over the past 3 years. I wouldn't be surprised if his "final form" is a Scottie Pippen-like (or Shawn Marion-like) disruptive force on loose balls/defense - and on offense, a tall ball handler/facilitator like Pippen/Grant Hill. Perhaps a worst case floor comparison for Ntilikina would be someone like Pete Myers. He might actually be more of a point forward down the road.

We haven't heard nuggets from his teammates about him as court vision/passing wizard like Lonzo Ball, but the Kyrie comparison is very interesting. Coming out of college (though he barely played in college) was that Kyrie Irving was always very shifty - not a speedster like John Wall (though the change of tempo is coming along for Wall at this stage of his career). Jack suggested that Ntilikina has this quality about him - that he finds a way to get to his spots. He may not have pure explosive athleticism, but he's tall and has long arms - his feet don't need to travel as far as the little guys do to get to the basket.

We may not have the absolute best PG of the draft (that distinction may not be determined until several years down the road), but this might come down in history as one of the best draft classes for point guards. I don't know if Ntilikina will win awards, but hopefully he'll be a big role in bringing a championship to NY down the road.

Just did a little research on PG classes - some really solid ones in recent years.
2009 - Curry, Tyreke, Harden, Rubio, Jennings, Holiday, Teague, Lawson, Collison (Tony Douglas was part of this class!)... and the bust Flynn.
2011 - Kyrie, Kemba, Isaiah Thomas, Reggie Jackson... Brandon Knight

This year we have Fultz, Ball, Fox, Smith, Ntilikina, Monk, Mitchell who could turn into NBA PGs.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

9/29/2017  12:38 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
nixluva wrote:

also, making a rookie earn it by beating out veterans who know how to prepare seems like a good strategy to use with a teenager

Yeah...I bring him off the bench to begin the season...even let him come off the bench to play SG every now and then- something he did in France.

Not sure this team has ever had as many guards on the roster.

Sessions
Baker
Frank
Lee
THJ
Dotson
Jack

Dotson to DLeague and Jack waived?

THJ can also play 3 at times.

Given what seems to be the Knicks commitment to Baker, I can't see keeping Sessions and Jack.

Would they consider letting Frank play in a DL game or two if the Knicks are home and Westchester has a home game on an NYK off day?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/29/2017  1:26 PM
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
9/29/2017  1:43 PM
nixluva wrote:

Just read this. Couldn't be happier with what we're seeing!

fishmike
USA
9/29/2017  2:26 PM
Zebo13 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

same. We know he's a great kid, really the kind of young player you get behind. Awesome story. The MJ story is equally cool. I am not looking for some crazy win total but this is the most optimistic I have been about this talent base since Ewing was here
nixluva
USA
9/29/2017  2:54 PM
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

same. We know he's a great kid, really the kind of young player you get behind. Awesome story. The MJ story is equally cool. I am not looking for some crazy win total but this is the most optimistic I have been about this talent base since Ewing was here

I like the type of players the Knicks have be targeting for the New Core. Smart and thoughtful young men. These are the kinds of men the Spurs usually collect and the Knicks have been really focused on the mental makeup of these kids. People can bash Phil for his many mistakes but he and his team did a nice job with the character of these young men.

fishmike
USA
9/29/2017  3:16 PM
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I like the type of players the Knicks have be targeting for the New Core. Smart and thoughtful young men. These are the kinds of men the Spurs usually collect and the Knicks have been really focused on the mental makeup of these kids. People can bash Phil for his many mistakes but he and his team did a nice job with the character of these young men.

they def seem like team guys. Not sure about Beas but he's such low cost and took nothing to sign so there is little commitment there.

There is a lot of depth that is tough to rank. Some of the cream will rise but there is def a challenge to the coaching staff to find players minutes with similar talent levels. The youth is exciting

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/29/2017  3:24 PM
I like Frankie. I also like that he has a quiet confidence he wants to prove people wrong
Ira
Member: #91
9/29/2017  5:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/29/2017  5:36 PM
It was this game that first sold me on Frank. Not just his shooting, but his passing and his d. (Frank is #2 in the blue uniform.)

nixluva
USA
9/29/2017  7:29 PM
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

9/29/2017  7:38 PM
Porzin6od and the French prince 🤴 love it
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/29/2017  7:44 PM
nixluva wrote:

super likable kid

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
USA
9/29/2017  8:01 PM
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:

super likable kid

Love it. The young men in the New Core all have outstanding personalities and seem to be genuine good kids. They really seem to be targeting kids like him. His background is strong which is another recurring theme.

reub
Member: #6227

9/29/2017  9:00 PM
It's actually possible that Frank was constrained on his team last season by their rigid, european system. He might just be better than we all know and it could become evident in Hornacek's free flowing offense.
Ira
Member: #91
9/30/2017  9:10 AM
The French Prince - I like that one.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/30/2017  9:39 AM
They need to bring Labeyrie to come over so they can have The French Connection.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/30/2017  11:42 AM
CrushAlot wrote:They need to bring Labeyrie to come over so they can have The French Connection.
the funny thing is that frankie seems to have blended in well so far....sometimes i dont even notice his accent when he talks
nixluva
USA
10/1/2017  2:46 AM
Nice article on how Nitty is developing a confidence and comfort level quicker than expected.

Is Frank Ntilikina...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy