Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
9/27/2017  8:44 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I know it's early, but no one has been raving about this kid (in work outs) like they were with KP and willy. Usually when a kid is off the charts, you hear his teammates rave about him.. That really hasn't been the case.

OK Negative Nancy.

Really? Go to a Dallas Mavs forum and see who they are raving about

I got mixed feelings about frank, yeah he's look decent in an empty gym, but i have to ask myself 2 things

1)Why didn't mills focus on bringing a NBA starter right after the draft if he knew this kid wasn't ready

2)If he is that good, then we have nothing to worry about, and he should be in the ROY runnings.

Sessions said today he reminds him of a young Kyrie, yet a reporter recalls seeing him hitting the back board on baseline 3's..We'll just have to wait and see,then judging him for yourself.

Man you need to stop throwing rocks at the band wagon. Your pessimistic view is getting out of hand. it's always going to be negative for you no matter what. You will find faults because it's a young team a new direction a new day has begun. Going into it looking for faults when not one game has been played is absolutely ridiculous.

First off Frankie is a sharp shooter shouldn’t worry about that ONE baseline jumper

2. Who would you rather have, the pg being compared to kyrie or DSJ who is being compared to a slower but more hops marbury. I go with the guy with more physical size being compared to a future hall of famer.

3. Frankie is a proven winner in France, DSJ is not none of his teams win, his game dose not equal wins, highlight reels do not equal wins exp Kenny sky walker.

4. Frankie is the best defender in the draft his skills are lockdown.DSJ defense is below average at best

5. Looks like everyone on the knicks, coaches included are raving about this kid.

6. No one has said frank is not the starter.... no one....even if he doesn’t stay to begin the year he is the long term starter... DSJ if starter is only because he’s on a deprecated Dallas roster with no pgs

7. Every gm would pick Frankie over DSJ every single one. DSJ is injury prone, doesn’t make his teammates better, average shooter, below average defender, a ego larger then His talent. The one thing he has going is his above average athletic ability. He’s also known to take plays off and give up vs tougher opponents. Again Frankie all the way

Oh and again everyone on the knicks are raving about this kid

Hop on board before it’s too late frankie is like the pg version of k Leonard, he’s not only a beast he makes his teams better. Again a real winner, a high iq starting pg

Fitzfarm, is that directed at me? Because I'm already on the bandwagon. I think Ntlikina is going to be great.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/27/2017  9:10 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I know it's early, but no one has been raving about this kid (in work outs) like they were with KP and willy. Usually when a kid is off the charts, you hear his teammates rave about him.. That really hasn't been the case.

Well as usual... your wrong:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ramon-sessions-compares-frank-ntilikina-young-kyrie-irving-article-1.3525721
Few things are as enjoyable around here as dispelling your negative bull****

that being said what Sessions said made no sense... but he the one playing basketball with him, as opposed to 1248 who gets his info from stored up Miss Cleo minutes he earned in the 90s

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
9/27/2017  9:11 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Frank Ntilikina looks like a ‘young Kyrie Irving’: Knicks mentor
http://nypost.com/2017/09/27/frank-ntilikina-looks-like-a-young-kyrie-irving-knicks-mentor/

“It’s funny,’’ Sessions said in his first remarks since signing with the Knicks. “It’s one of those things. I played with Johnny when he was younger. Kyrie when he was young. He’s got a lot of Kyrie tendencies. Not the most athletic guy but can handle the ball in tight spots. It’s still early on, but he definitely gives me that Kyrie feel when Kyrie was a rookie. “

“Frank’s like a sponge,’’ Hornacek said. “He’s asking these guys constantly. I even talked to him today about, hey, when you’re going through stuff don’t just look at it from the point guard spot, look at it from the two or the three spot. He says, ‘Oh, I’ve already been doing that.’ So he’s a very smart player but any veteran leadership that they give to him, he’s soaking it all in.’’

This is what we got so far.

beat me to it! sorry for the double post.
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

9/27/2017  9:45 PM
Vmart wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

OK Negative Nancy.

Really? Go to a Dallas Mavs forum and see who they are raving about

I got mixed feelings about frank, yeah he's look decent in an empty gym, but i have to ask myself 2 things

1)Why didn't mills focus on bringing a NBA starter right after the draft if he knew this kid wasn't ready

2)If he is that good, then we have nothing to worry about, and he should be in the ROY runnings.

Sessions said today he reminds him of a young Kyrie, yet a reporter recalls seeing him hitting the back board on baseline 3's..We'll just have to wait and see,then judging him for yourself.

Man you need to stop throwing rocks at the band wagon. Your pessimistic view is getting out of hand. it's always going to be negative for you no matter what. You will find faults because it's a young team a new direction a new day has begun. Going into it looking for faults when not one game has been played is absolutely ridiculous.

First off Frankie is a sharp shooter shouldn’t worry about that ONE baseline jumper

2. Who would you rather have, the pg being compared to kyrie or DSJ who is being compared to a slower but more hops marbury. I go with the guy with more physical size being compared to a future hall of famer.

3. Frankie is a proven winner in France, DSJ is not none of his teams win, his game dose not equal wins, highlight reels do not equal wins exp Kenny sky walker.

4. Frankie is the best defender in the draft his skills are lockdown.DSJ defense is below average at best

5. Looks like everyone on the knicks, coaches included are raving about this kid.

6. No one has said frank is not the starter.... no one....even if he doesn’t stay to begin the year he is the long term starter... DSJ if starter is only because he’s on a deprecated Dallas roster with no pgs

7. Every gm would pick Frankie over DSJ every single one. DSJ is injury prone, doesn’t make his teammates better, average shooter, below average defender, a ego larger then His talent. The one thing he has going is his above average athletic ability. He’s also known to take plays off and give up vs tougher opponents. Again Frankie all the way

Oh and again everyone on the knicks are raving about this kid

Hop on board before it’s too late frankie is like the pg version of k Leonard, he’s not only a beast he makes his teams better. Again a real winner, a high iq starting pg

Fitzfarm, is that directed at me? Because I'm already on the bandwagon. I think Ntlikina is going to be great.

Oh no, I was replying to the negative guy

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
9/28/2017  1:41 AM
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/28/2017  1:53 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Niiiiiiiice

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

9/28/2017  2:02 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Impressive pass...sure came out of nowhere..
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/28/2017  2:15 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

A lot of those who doubt Nitty have slept on his court vision and IQ. He made a lot of slick passes in France that showed he understood the game at a high level. I can't wait to see him play.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

9/28/2017  2:27 AM
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

A lot of those who doubt Nitty have slept on his court vision and IQ. He made a lot of slick passes in France that showed he understood the game at a high level. I can't wait to see him play.

Agreed I think if the nba teams knew frank’s game we would have seen him drafted before our pick. His court vision and his ability to make players around him better is right up there with L ball. Except frank did it vs and with pros .

I also really like that line up the clip showed of

Frankie
Thjr (guessing)
Beasley
KOQ
KP

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
9/28/2017  3:55 AM
That was an awesome pass that showed a high understanding of positioning. I don't think Frank is on the same level as Ball as a passer but for those people saying he is a combo guard, they are mistaken. The kid is a pure point guard. I think he can average 8-9 assists if given the playing time.
Trust the Process
Welpee
Member: #6239

9/28/2017  6:17 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Agreed I think if the nba teams knew frank’s game we would have seen him drafted before our pick. His court vision and his ability to make players around him better is right up there with L ball. Except frank did it vs and with pros .

Frankie
Thjr (guessing)
Beasley
KOQ
KP

This is 2017. There aren't many secrets in the NBA anymore. If there's a kid tearing up a rec league somewhere the NBA will know about him. So I doubt very seriously NBA teams didn't know Frank's game. Whether they accurately evaluated it and accurately projected what he'd be on the NBA level remains to be seen.
Chandler
Member: #6197

9/28/2017  7:17 AM
Welpee wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Frankie
Thjr (guessing)
Beasley
KOQ
KP

This is 2017. There aren't many secrets in the NBA anymore. If there's a kid tearing up a rec league somewhere the NBA will know about him. So I doubt very seriously NBA teams didn't know Frank's game. Whether they accurately evaluated it and accurately projected what he'd be on the NBA level remains to be seen.

Yet draymond and jokic slide to second round, I.thomas is barely drafted and guys like Bennett Beasley and Williams go near the top

This years draft will showcase front office skills at least in seeing how picks 7-9 manifest

(5)(5)
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/28/2017  8:15 AM
Im still on the fence with the kid. I think he lacks lateral quickness and isn't creative enough of the dribble. I want to be wrong. I'm digging all the good things being said about him by his vets Sessions and Jack
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/28/2017  8:19 AM
EnySpree wrote:Im still on the fence with the kid. I think he lacks lateral quickness and isn't creative enough of the dribble. I want to be wrong. I'm digging all the good things being said about him by his vets Sessions and Jack
I think as a two way player we are gonna like him. yes he may not have that bigtime offensive upside and explosiveness but he is definetly the type of player that we have lacked in the backcourt.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
9/28/2017  8:22 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

When you see passing like that it gets me excited. Why because now everyone is engaged and expecting the ball. The Knicks have always been best when the entire team is engaged. Think Kidd, Mark Jackson and yes Lin. The best basketball is yet to come fellas. This is going to be a fun ride.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/28/2017  8:24 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Frankie
Thjr (guessing)
Beasley
KOQ
KP

Come on man same level as Ball? I admit after watching some of his full games I might of underestimated his court vision but Ball is in a different stratosphere all together.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fishmike
USA
9/28/2017  9:49 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Frankie
Thjr (guessing)
Beasley
KOQ
KP

Come on man same level as Ball? I admit after watching some of his full games I might of underestimated his court vision but Ball is in a different stratosphere all together.
that doesnt strike me as realistic either. If Frank can stay on the floor, get quality minutes, play reasonable defense, shoot well, take care of the ball and run basic offensive sets this will be a great season for him. I think all these things are possible. You have to get him out there and comfortable so he can grow. We know he can shoot, defend and take care of the ball. We dont know what level of play maker he will be in the NBA.

His attitude seems good and he's another gym rat.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/28/2017  9:54 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

http://nypost.com/2017/09/27/frank-ntilikina-looks-like-a-young-kyrie-irving-knicks-mentor/

“It’s funny,’’ Sessions said in his first remarks since signing with the Knicks. “It’s one of those things. I played with Johnny when he was younger. Kyrie when he was young. He’s got a lot of Kyrie tendencies. Not the most athletic guy but can handle the ball in tight spots. It’s still early on, but he definitely gives me that Kyrie feel when Kyrie was a rookie. “

“Frank’s like a sponge,’’ Hornacek said. “He’s asking these guys constantly. I even talked to him today about, hey, when you’re going through stuff don’t just look at it from the point guard spot, look at it from the two or the three spot. He says, ‘Oh, I’ve already been doing that.’ So he’s a very smart player but any veteran leadership that they give to him, he’s soaking it all in.’’

all good signs.

there we go! this is basically what we were just complaining not getting. to be clear, a vet compared our rookie to the guy with the best handle in the NBA

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
USA
9/28/2017  10:14 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

all good signs.

there we go! this is basically what we were just complaining not getting. to be clear, a vet compared our rookie to the guy with the best handle in the NBA

<hears angels>
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/28/2017  10:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2017  10:28 AM
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

This is a good sign that Frank's pick and roll game will carry over to the states. He steadily improved with that play and he became good at it in the French league. This is another reason why I felt concerns over first step were overblown
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Is Frank Ntilikina...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy