[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is Frank Ntilikina...
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/26/2017  4:55 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Nice shot but taking his time with no one guarding him...things that will not be in his favor in the game. we have seen this video umpteen times before with players who can't shoot. true test will be gametime.

You should have watched his French games...he can get his shot off...don't see any issue with his shooting. With his height and wing-span he also has an advantage over most PGs.

Yeah, he was just having fun in that post. I doubt he practices on the court celebrations during his actual shooting drills.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/26/2017  5:10 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Nice shot but taking his time with no one guarding him...things that will not be in his favor in the game. we have seen this video umpteen times before with players who can't shoot. true test will be gametime.

You should have watched his French games...he can get his shot off...don't see any issue with his shooting. With his height and wing-span he also has an advantage over most PGs.

EXACTLY! Nitty can shoot. This isn't just workout shooting. He's done it in game action. He's done nothing but improve his mechanics and his body. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the kid in NBA action and watching him grow.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/27/2017  10:01 AM
I know it's early, but no one has been raving about this kid (in work outs) like they were with KP and willy. Usually when a kid is off the charts, you hear his teammates rave about him.. That really hasn't been the case.
ES
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
9/27/2017  10:09 AM
knicks1248 wrote:I know it's early, but no one has been raving about this kid (in work outs) like they were with KP and willy. Usually when a kid is off the charts, you hear his teammates rave about him.. That really hasn't been the case.

OK Negative Nancy.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/27/2017  10:10 AM
knicks1248 wrote:I know it's early, but no one has been raving about this kid (in work outs) like they were with KP and willy. Usually when a kid is off the charts, you hear his teammates rave about him.. That really hasn't been the case.

I agree that that is a little disheartening... but he played less than 20mpg. He got drafted because people are trying to imagine what he will be 3 years from now. That was what we were expecting with KP when he got drafted - we just got really lucky

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
9/27/2017  10:18 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:

I agree that that is a little disheartening... but he played less than 20mpg. He got drafted because people are trying to imagine what he will be 3 years from now. That was what we were expecting with KP when he got drafted - we just got really lucky

There could be many explanations for him not getting high praise. Yes, I want to hear some news and I especially want to hear that he is simply not sucking. It could be possible that they want to remain hush hush on him though. They had nothing but high praise for guys like Balkman in training canp too.

Ugh, Balkman.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/27/2017  10:35 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:

It may mean nothing, teammates may not want to hype Frank because they havent really seen him run an offense yet. KP was a very mobile big with a stroke, easy to get people's attention. The bar is higher for Frank because he wants to be a starting PG in this league. Some of those guys are also competing with Frank for PT as well.

Usually I have a good idea of how a pick will turn out. Not a perfect record, of course. But with Frank I didnt see any part of his game offensively that stood out that gave me an "aha" moment. Some posters here have spent more time watching him, I guess we will see if Frank has enough game to exel in the NBA.

A decent role player is not enough to justify the pick IMO. As a PG or an SG, Frank needs to be starter quality at some point to justify the pick. No one here can do that until Frank shows what he can do in this league.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/27/2017  10:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/27/2017  10:45 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

It may mean nothing, teammates may not want to hype Frank because they havent really seen him run an offense yet. KP was a very mobile big with a stroke, easy to get people's attention. The bar is higher for Frank because he wants to be a starting PG in this league. Some of those guys are also competing with Frank for PT as well.

Usually I have a good idea of how a pick will turn out. Not a perfect record, of course. But with Frank I didnt see any part of his game offensively that stood out that gave me an "aha" moment. Some posters here have spent more time watching him, I guess we will see if Frank has enough game to exel in the NBA.

A decent role player is not enough to justify the pick IMO. As a PG or an SG, Frank needs to be starter quality at some point to justify the pick. No one here can do that until Frank shows what he can do in this league.

I obviously would not have drafted Frank - I was a big supporter of Donovan Mitchell. That said, Frank's measurements are obviously off the charts and seems to (apparently, I've never seen him play) be a cerebral player. PGs take some time to develop, so do big guys, and so do international guys. He's all three of those things...

Personally, I wish we drafted a guy who had some legitimate production to his name. I hope we didn't just draft a guy who looked good when a chair was guarding him. All that said, we need to take our sweet ass time with him. The Greek Freak was mediocre his first two years, above average his third year, and last year became the guy I like to watch play the most in the entire league... I'm not saying that Frank will be that but my point is it pays to be patient with long ballhandlers

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/27/2017  10:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/27/2017  10:55 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I obviously would not have drafted Frank - I was a big supporter of Donovan Mitchell. That said, Frank's measurements are obviously off the charts and seems to (apparently, I've never seen him play) be a cerebral player. PGs take some time to develop, so do big guys, and so do international guys. He's all three of those things...

Personally, I wish we drafted a guy who had some legitimate production to his name. I hope we didn't just draft a guy who looked good when a chair was guarding him. All that said, we need to take our sweet ass time with him. The Greek Freak was mediocre his first two years, above average his third year, and last year became the guy I like to watch play the most in the entire league... I'm not saying that Frank will be that but my point is it pays to be patient with long ballhandlers

Good points, lol about the chair. I understand that Frank has the physical gifts to be a special player, I just didnt see him make enough use of them to get my attention either. Looks good on paper, but like you I would have prefered a player who was less of a question mark with players like Mitchell, Monk, and DSJ available.

I hope Frank takes the NBA by storm, looking forward to finding out what he can do in the league.

shinmen
Member: #6029
France
9/27/2017  10:57 AM
Honestly, I don't mind if he doesn't excel during his first year as long as he shows promise on the defensive end.
I would rather have a good defender that improve on offense like Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Jae Crowder and so on. These are the type of players I would very much like on my team.
nixluva
USA
9/27/2017  11:11 AM
Before the draft I said Nitty wasn't the same Quick Twitch, And1, type of PG. I wanted one of those guards but I fully understand the appeal of Nitty as a player. He's a Combo with great size and versatility. The big pluses are his BBIQ and Defense. Can't argue with that logic.

I'm not expecting tons of DSJ type highlights cuz that's not what he is. However I do expect a winning player. He's not blazing quick and explosive but he's not Mark Jackson either . Making the right decisions with the ball. Great effort on D! Kind of a PG version of Kawhi. The Knicks NEED that kind of player. He's only 19 so expect some struggle as a rookie.

nixluva
USA
9/27/2017  5:34 PM
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/27/2017  6:10 PM
I haven't been this excited about the season in years
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
9/27/2017  6:17 PM

Frank Ntilikina looks like a ‘young Kyrie Irving’: Knicks mentor
http://nypost.com/2017/09/27/frank-ntilikina-looks-like-a-young-kyrie-irving-knicks-mentor/

“It’s funny,’’ Sessions said in his first remarks since signing with the Knicks. “It’s one of those things. I played with Johnny when he was younger. Kyrie when he was young. He’s got a lot of Kyrie tendencies. Not the most athletic guy but can handle the ball in tight spots. It’s still early on, but he definitely gives me that Kyrie feel when Kyrie was a rookie. “

“Frank’s like a sponge,’’ Hornacek said. “He’s asking these guys constantly. I even talked to him today about, hey, when you’re going through stuff don’t just look at it from the point guard spot, look at it from the two or the three spot. He says, ‘Oh, I’ve already been doing that.’ So he’s a very smart player but any veteran leadership that they give to him, he’s soaking it all in.’’

This is what we got so far.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

9/27/2017  6:20 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Frank Ntilikina looks like a ‘young Kyrie Irving’: Knicks mentor
http://nypost.com/2017/09/27/frank-ntilikina-looks-like-a-young-kyrie-irving-knicks-mentor/

“It’s funny,’’ Sessions said in his first remarks since signing with the Knicks. “It’s one of those things. I played with Johnny when he was younger. Kyrie when he was young. He’s got a lot of Kyrie tendencies. Not the most athletic guy but can handle the ball in tight spots. It’s still early on, but he definitely gives me that Kyrie feel when Kyrie was a rookie. “

“Frank’s like a sponge,’’ Hornacek said. “He’s asking these guys constantly. I even talked to him today about, hey, when you’re going through stuff don’t just look at it from the point guard spot, look at it from the two or the three spot. He says, ‘Oh, I’ve already been doing that.’ So he’s a very smart player but any veteran leadership that they give to him, he’s soaking it all in.’’

This is what we got so far.

all good signs.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

9/27/2017  6:20 PM
Frankie being compared to a young kyrie, wow that’s exciting , a great start
knicks1248
9/27/2017  6:51 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:

OK Negative Nancy.

Really? Go to a Dallas Mavs forum and see who they are raving about

I got mixed feelings about frank, yeah he's look decent in an empty gym, but i have to ask myself 2 things

1)Why didn't mills focus on bringing a NBA starter right after the draft if he knew this kid wasn't ready

2)If he is that good, then we have nothing to worry about, and he should be in the ROY runnings.

Sessions said today he reminds him of a young Kyrie, yet a reporter recalls seeing him hitting the back board on baseline 3's..We'll just have to wait and see,then judging him for yourself.

ES
knicks1248
9/27/2017  6:52 PM
EnySpree wrote:I haven't been this excited about the season in years

you say that every yr

ES
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
9/27/2017  6:58 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

OK Negative Nancy.

I got mixed feelings about frank, yeah he's look decent in an empty gym, but i have to ask myself 2 things

1)Why didn't mills focus on bringing a NBA starter right after the draft if he knew this kid wasn't ready

2)If he is that good, then we have nothing to worry about, and he should be in the ROY runnings.

Sessions said today he reminds him of a young Kyrie, yet a reporter recalls seeing him hitting the back board on baseline 3's..We'll just have to wait and see,then judging him for yourself.

Man you need to stop throwing rocks at the band wagon. Your pessimistic view is getting out of hand. it's always going to be negative for you no matter what. You will find faults because it's a young team a new direction a new day has begun. Going into it looking for faults when not one game has been played is absolutely ridiculous.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

9/27/2017  7:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/27/2017  7:43 PM
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

OK Negative Nancy.

Man you need to stop throwing rocks at the band wagon. Your pessimistic view is getting out of hand. it's always going to be negative for you no matter what. You will find faults because it's a young team a new direction a new day has begun. Going into it looking for faults when not one game has been played is absolutely ridiculous.

First off Frankie is a sharp shooter shouldn’t worry about that ONE baseline jumper

2. Who would you rather have, the pg being compared to kyrie or DSJ who is being compared to a slower but more hops marbury. I go with the guy with more physical size being compared to a future hall of famer.

3. Frankie is a proven winner in France, DSJ is not none of his teams win, his game dose not equal wins, highlight reels do not equal wins exp Kenny sky walker.

4. Frankie is the best defender in the draft his skills are lockdown.DSJ defense is below average at best

5. Looks like everyone on the knicks, coaches included are raving about this kid.

6. No one has said frank is not the starter.... no one....even if he doesn’t stay to begin the year he is the long term starter... DSJ if starter is only because he’s on a deprecated Dallas roster with no pgs

7. Every gm would pick Frankie over DSJ every single one. DSJ is injury prone, doesn’t make his teammates better, average shooter, below average defender, a ego larger then His talent. The one thing he has going is his above average athletic ability. He’s also known to take plays off and give up vs tougher opponents. Again Frankie all the way

Oh and again everyone on the knicks are raving about this kid

Hop on board before it’s too late frankie is like the pg version of k Leonard, he’s not only a beast he makes his teams better. Again a real winner, a high iq starting pg

Is Frank Ntilikina...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy