[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is Frank Ntilikina...
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

9/13/2017  8:09 AM
technomaster wrote:Where is this photo from? Tryouts for the next Magic Mike movie?

nixluva wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:With that said, he doesn't even seem to be 6'5". He is shorter than LJ and LJ is 6'5"!

I actually think Nitty is just under 6-6. He looks to be about the same or maybe just a touch taller than Dotson who is listed at 6-5.5. This is both of them next to each other. Kid is only 19 so he's going to have time to fill out quite a bit.

Look how under developed Nitty is compared to the other guys. However I didnt add muscle mass till I was a couple years older so maybe by the time his rookie contract ends he will be more filed out.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq

9/13/2017  8:18 AM
nixluva wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
nixluva wrote:Still growing?

More important ( not that height is not important)

are

A) Standing reach
B) Wingspan
C) SPARQ metrics

The Zeller brothers, all three, IIRC are "7 Footers" However given their standing reach and considering their vertical, smaller players can actually play above the rim better than any of them. Dwayne Wade was a bit of a freak in his prime. Massive wing span. Incredible hops when he was young. Good timing. As a wing ( really a small forward), he could defend the rim.

One thing most people never discussed with the greats like Darrelle Revis, Charles Woodson, Rod Woodson, Darrell Green, Deion Sanders was the ability to "flip their hips" The ability to change directions at game speed on a dime. Very very hard to do. Being fundamentally sound is one thing, doing so cleanly while at top speed is another.

Most critically, projected, Ntilikina can defend, at minimum, his own "weight" ( i.e. his own position at a league average level) and plays solid fundamental ball.

I don't care how tall any of these guys are to start, just be willing to play team ball in an intelligent manner.

Nitty has broad high shoulders as well as long arms. I suspect he has better than avg standing reach. He's kind of a guard version of Kevin McHale in that sense. Not the most explosive guy but not Mark Jackson either.

I'm encouraged by the improvement I've seen from Nitty so far. He looks to have improved his handles from how they looked during U18. Much lower and tighter to his body. He's no And1 ball handler but he's gotten better.

He seems to move well for being as tall and lanky as he is. From how he moves he gives me the impression that he was still adjusting to his body. He kinda looked like a baby Giraffe. Still he moved well enough laterally and used his length. I suspect smaller and quicker NBA guards will give him trouble at times tho he fights hard to recover and get back into the play. Nitty should be a nightmare for

His value is at PG, if he ends up a wing that length becomes mitigated some. Having a PG with that kind of size is a huge advantage. This team is really just missing a true 3 and they would be in very good shape. Lance Thomas is really the only true sized 3 we have on the roster. Melo, and Beasley are basically small ball 4's. We have lost draft position in the last 2 lotteries its time for the ping pong balls to give us a break and land us Otto Porter or Donic.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
9/13/2017  12:22 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
technomaster wrote:Where is this photo from? Tryouts for the next Magic Mike movie?

nixluva wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:With that said, he doesn't even seem to be 6'5". He is shorter than LJ and LJ is 6'5"!

I actually think Nitty is just under 6-6. He looks to be about the same or maybe just a touch taller than Dotson who is listed at 6-5.5. This is both of them next to each other. Kid is only 19 so he's going to have time to fill out quite a bit.

Look how under developed Nitty is compared to the other guys. However I didnt add muscle mass till I was a couple years older so maybe by the time his rookie contract ends he will be more filed out.

I don't think the other guys are NBA players - seems as if these junior Knicks were sent to train with these beefy guys (not functional muscles).

It's only been brought up a little bit, but as a 6'5" PG - there's a tremendous amount of value there. If he's just a 6'5" wing, he's dime a dozen.

Think Jamal Crawford. He was drafted as a PG - Chicago tried to develop him into a PG (then sent him to the Knicks), but the position never really stuck even after a few ~5apg seasons - obviously he ultimately settled in and excelled as a 6th man scorer (and hasn't passed the ball since). Very good rotation guy on a playoff team, but I suppose when you have a lottery pick you're hoping for an all-star type player. I suppose he had a few all-star consideration seasons.

Crawford had some fancy dribbling but was an unremarkable creator.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/13/2017  12:29 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

nixluva wrote:

this looks photo shop

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/13/2017  1:40 PM
technomaster wrote:I don't think the other guys are NBA players - seems as if these junior Knicks were sent to train with these beefy guys (not functional muscles).

I was under the impression thatthey were doing football themed drills designed to increase strength and explosion.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/15/2017  9:53 PM
nixluva
USA
9/24/2017  5:25 PM
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
9/24/2017  6:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/24/2017  6:32 PM
nixluva wrote:

Lol. Glad he is having fun. The kid looks like he might be a drop dead shooter. The thing I like about him is he always seems to be on balance when he shoots. He does not try to get to high or lean back. That will greatly improve the consistency of his jumper.

Trust the Process
nixluva
USA
9/24/2017  7:59 PM
TheGame wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Lol. Glad he is having fun. The kid looks like he might be a drop dead shooter. The thing I like about him is he always seems to be on balance when he shoots. He does not try to get to high or lean back. That will greatly improve the consistency of his jumper.

Yeah his game has really improved over the last year from his U18 performance to now. He looks sharper in every way. He looks happy and confident.

reub
Member: #6227

9/25/2017  12:21 AM
When Frank is ready we'll be playing for rings. I love this guy!
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
9/25/2017  12:43 AM
nixluva wrote:

Nothing against this kid at all I like him...but he has this awkward Gollum meets "The Nightmare Before Christmas" body type that just looks awkward, especially in uniform.

~You can't run from who you are.~
nixluva
USA
9/25/2017  12:53 AM
joec32033 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Nothing against this kid at all I like him...but he has this awkward Gollum meets "The Nightmare Before Christmas" body type that just looks awkward, especially in uniform.

He's all arms n legs. He's so young that he's still growing into his frame and getting used to his size. He looks like he's gonna get much thicker too. I think he's actually 6-6 in shoes.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/25/2017  4:36 PM
Hardaway is 6'6 and he looks a little taller than him here.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
9/25/2017  8:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Hardaway is 6'6 and he looks a little taller than him here.

THJ got his guns up! But look at how LONG Nitty's arms are!!!

Jmpasq

9/25/2017  8:58 PM
TheGame wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Pretty shot the release is slow though, can't wait to see him play

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

9/26/2017  12:14 AM
joec32033 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Disagree...

Looks a bit like a less developed Paul George, and his arms look as defined (or more) than D. Russell in the upper left. Decent shoulders make you think he can carry more muscle. Back looks good in the video of him shooting the 3s.

The guy just turned 19, and you can already see that he's working on his body. The long arms might make him look awkward, but they are a big help on D, and he's worked on his shooting form so that the length of his arms is not an issue on his Js.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/26/2017  10:31 AM
PG13 is 27 years old. Ntilikina is just 19.
Frank is a teenager.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

9/26/2017  2:06 PM
Nice shot but taking his time with no one guarding him...things that will not be in his favor in the game. we have seen this video umpteen times before with players who can't shoot. true test will be gametime.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nixluva
USA
9/26/2017  3:35 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Nice shot but taking his time with no one guarding him...things that will not be in his favor in the game. we have seen this video umpteen times before with players who can't shoot. true test will be gametime.

From what we know of Nitty he CAN shoot tho. He's gotten better and he's going to be able to shoot over most PG's. I'm not overly concerned with that part of Nitty's game.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

9/26/2017  4:52 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Nice shot but taking his time with no one guarding him...things that will not be in his favor in the game. we have seen this video umpteen times before with players who can't shoot. true test will be gametime.

You should have watched his French games...he can get his shot off...don't see any issue with his shooting. With his height and wing-span he also has an advantage over most PGs.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Is Frank Ntilikina...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy