[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is Frank Ntilikina...
Author Thread
Gudris
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6213

9/11/2017  5:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/11/2017  5:08 PM
By the way, Latvians are one of the tallest nations in a world, especially women are very tall in Latvia, that's why we have so many tall good players like KP
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3707890/Dutch-men-worlds-tallest-Latvias-women-loftiest-study-finds.html

and tallest women ever played basketball

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/11/2017  7:10 PM
Gudris wrote:By the way, Latvians are one of the tallest nations in a world, especially women are very tall in Latvia, that's why we have so many tall good players like KP
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3707890/Dutch-men-worlds-tallest-Latvias-women-loftiest-study-finds.html

Whats crazy is there are supposed to be over a million 7ft men in China. Their league has a long way to go to be comparable to the NBA. When they get their stuff together, they will have a larger impact on American BBall.

Gudris

9/11/2017  7:20 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Gudris wrote:By the way, Latvians are one of the tallest nations in a world, especially women are very tall in Latvia, that's why we have so many tall good players like KP

Whats crazy is there are supposed to be over a million 7ft men in China. Their league has a long way to go to be comparable to the NBA. When they get their stuff together, they will have a larger impact on American BBall.

It really doesn't matter how many people are there, its all about system and traditions, otherwise China and India would dominate everything

GustavBahler

9/11/2017  7:29 PM
Gudris wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

It really doesn't matter how many people are there, its all about system and traditions, otherwise China and India would dominate everything

Matters to me, thats why I pointed it out. As I said, their league is inferior to the NBA. Once they get their act together (including player development) they will have more of an impact on American basketball. I doubt they will take over the NBA, with the rest of the world catching up.

Gudris

9/11/2017  7:35 PM
Maybe in 100 years 😃
GustavBahler

9/11/2017  7:42 PM
Gudris wrote:Maybe in 100 years 😃

LOL Wont be that long to be the dominant economic power in the world. 15-20 years maybe. George W. Bush didnt help. Under Bush, America went from being the biggest creditor nation in the world to the biggest debtor. Bush ran up more foreign debt (mostly to China) than every president from George Washington to him, combined.

It was bound to happen sooner or later, but some here made it a lot sooner.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

9/11/2017  8:17 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

You realize that's 0.1% of their population right?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GustavBahler

9/11/2017  8:23 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

You realize that's 0.1% of their population right?

If the pct had mattered to me, I would have pointed it out.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
9/11/2017  9:26 PM
If he is really 6'6" then this makes him an even more valueable pick. If worst comes to worst and he's not explosive enough to be a full time PG then he absolutely seems to have the perfect skillset to be a really nice shooting guard who can also pass and play defense.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Allanfan20
USA
9/11/2017  9:28 PM
With that said, he doesn't even seem to be 6'5". He is shorter than LJ and LJ is 6'5"!
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/11/2017  9:37 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:With that said, he doesn't even seem to be 6'5". He is shorter than LJ and LJ is 6'5"!

I actually think Nitty is just under 6-6. He looks to be about the same or maybe just a touch taller than Dotson who is listed at 6-5.5. This is both of them next to each other. Kid is only 19 so he's going to have time to fill out quite a bit.

Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
9/11/2017  9:41 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:With that said, he doesn't even seem to be 6'5". He is shorter than LJ and LJ is 6'5"!

LJ was officially listed as 6-7

PURE KNICKS LOVE
GustavBahler

9/11/2017  9:50 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:If he is really 6'6" then this makes him an even more valueable pick. If worst comes to worst and he's not explosive enough to be a full time PG then he absolutely seems to have the perfect skillset to be a really nice shooting guard who can also pass and play defense.

Im hoping thats the worst outcome, makes it easier to forget about the alternatives. A middle of the road role player, just doesn't do it for me.

Im guessing the first time Frank blows by someone and throws it down with authority, some of us will feel somewhat better. I know I will.

Allanfan20
USA
9/11/2017  10:52 PM
Andrew wrote:

What's listed and what is are 2 different things. LJ is 6'5" max.

Allanfan20
USA
9/11/2017  10:53 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:If he is really 6'6" then this makes him an even more valueable pick. If worst comes to worst and he's not explosive enough to be a full time PG then he absolutely seems to have the perfect skillset to be a really nice shooting guard who can also pass and play defense.

Im hoping thats the worst outcome, makes it easier to forget about the alternatives. A middle of the road role player, just doesn't do it for me.

Im guessing the first time Frank blows by someone and throws it down with authority, some of us will feel somewhat better. I know I will.

If he becomes an all-star 2 who can shoot the lights out, then it's the best... besides him being an all star 1 who can shoot the lights out.

Allanfan20
USA
9/11/2017  10:57 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Balkman was listed at 6'8" and he was barely 6'5" and that's because of the hair! I know because i stood right next to him when I walked over to one of the UK get togethers. He was hardly taller thn me, at 6'4".

nixluva
USA
9/11/2017  11:37 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Balkman was listed at 6'8" and he was barely 6'5" and that's because of the hair! I know because i stood right next to him when I walked over to one of the UK get togethers. He was hardly taller thn me, at 6'4".

This isn't the old days where we had no idea what guys true measurements are. Now with official measurements at the combine we have very accurate measurements. Only reason we're guessing with Frank is cuz he didn't get measured at the combine.

Dotson was measured at 6'4 ½" no shoes and 6'5 ½" in sneakers. Nitty is at least his size an perhaps a touch taller from how he looks next to Dotson.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
9/12/2017  9:22 AM
Where is this photo from? Tryouts for the next Magic Mike movie?

nixluva wrote:

I actually think Nitty is just under 6-6. He looks to be about the same or maybe just a touch taller than Dotson who is listed at 6-5.5. This is both of them next to each other. Kid is only 19 so he's going to have time to fill out quite a bit.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
nixluva
USA
9/12/2017  11:59 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
nixluva wrote:Still growing?

More important ( not that height is not important)

are

A) Standing reach
B) Wingspan
C) SPARQ metrics

The Zeller brothers, all three, IIRC are "7 Footers" However given their standing reach and considering their vertical, smaller players can actually play above the rim better than any of them. Dwayne Wade was a bit of a freak in his prime. Massive wing span. Incredible hops when he was young. Good timing. As a wing ( really a small forward), he could defend the rim.

One thing most people never discussed with the greats like Darrelle Revis, Charles Woodson, Rod Woodson, Darrell Green, Deion Sanders was the ability to "flip their hips" The ability to change directions at game speed on a dime. Very very hard to do. Being fundamentally sound is one thing, doing so cleanly while at top speed is another.

Most critically, projected, Ntilikina can defend, at minimum, his own "weight" ( i.e. his own position at a league average level) and plays solid fundamental ball.

I don't care how tall any of these guys are to start, just be willing to play team ball in an intelligent manner.

Nitty has broad high shoulders as well as long arms. I suspect he has better than avg standing reach. He's kind of a guard version of Kevin McHale in that sense. Not the most explosive guy but not Mark Jackson either.

I'm encouraged by the improvement I've seen from Nitty so far. He looks to have improved his handles from how they looked during U18. Much lower and tighter to his body. He's no And1 ball handler but he's gotten better.

He seems to move well for being as tall and lanky as he is. From how he moves he gives me the impression that he was still adjusting to his body. He kinda looked like a baby Giraffe. Still he moved well enough laterally and used his length. I suspect smaller and quicker NBA guards will give him trouble at times tho he fights hard to recover and get back into the play. Nitty should be a nightmare for

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/13/2017  8:06 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Andrew wrote:

LOL 6'8 because of hair.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Is Frank Ntilikina...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy