[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is Frank Ntilikina...
Author Thread
Gudris
Posts: 20465
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

9/11/2017  5:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/11/2017  5:08 PM
By the way, Latvians are one of the tallest nations in a world, especially women are very tall in Latvia, that's why we have so many tall good players like KP
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3707890/Dutch-men-worlds-tallest-Latvias-women-loftiest-study-finds.html

and tallest women ever played basketball

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Posts: 32321
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

9/11/2017  7:10 PM
Gudris wrote:By the way, Latvians are one of the tallest nations in a world, especially women are very tall in Latvia, that's why we have so many tall good players like KP
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3707890/Dutch-men-worlds-tallest-Latvias-women-loftiest-study-finds.html

and tallest women ever played basketball

Whats crazy is there are supposed to be over a million 7ft men in China. Their league has a long way to go to be comparable to the NBA. When they get their stuff together, they will have a larger impact on American BBall.

Gudris
Posts: 20465
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

9/11/2017  7:20 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Gudris wrote:By the way, Latvians are one of the tallest nations in a world, especially women are very tall in Latvia, that's why we have so many tall good players like KP
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3707890/Dutch-men-worlds-tallest-Latvias-women-loftiest-study-finds.html

and tallest women ever played basketball

Whats crazy is there are supposed to be over a million 7ft men in China. Their league has a long way to go to be comparable to the NBA. When they get their stuff together, they will have a larger impact on American BBall.

It really doesn't matter how many people are there, its all about system and traditions, otherwise China and India would dominate everything

GustavBahler
Posts: 32321
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

9/11/2017  7:29 PM
Gudris wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Gudris wrote:By the way, Latvians are one of the tallest nations in a world, especially women are very tall in Latvia, that's why we have so many tall good players like KP
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3707890/Dutch-men-worlds-tallest-Latvias-women-loftiest-study-finds.html

and tallest women ever played basketball

Whats crazy is there are supposed to be over a million 7ft men in China. Their league has a long way to go to be comparable to the NBA. When they get their stuff together, they will have a larger impact on American BBall.

It really doesn't matter how many people are there, its all about system and traditions, otherwise China and India would dominate everything

Matters to me, thats why I pointed it out. As I said, their league is inferior to the NBA. Once they get their act together (including player development) they will have more of an impact on American basketball. I doubt they will take over the NBA, with the rest of the world catching up.

Gudris
Posts: 20465
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

9/11/2017  7:35 PM
Maybe in 100 years 😃
GustavBahler
Posts: 32321
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

9/11/2017  7:42 PM
Gudris wrote:Maybe in 100 years 😃

LOL Wont be that long to be the dominant economic power in the world. 15-20 years maybe. George W. Bush didnt help. Under Bush, America went from being the biggest creditor nation in the world to the biggest debtor. Bush ran up more foreign debt (mostly to China) than every president from George Washington to him, combined.

It was bound to happen sooner or later, but some here made it a lot sooner.

meloshouldgo
Posts: 23336
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

9/11/2017  8:17 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Gudris wrote:By the way, Latvians are one of the tallest nations in a world, especially women are very tall in Latvia, that's why we have so many tall good players like KP
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3707890/Dutch-men-worlds-tallest-Latvias-women-loftiest-study-finds.html

and tallest women ever played basketball

Whats crazy is there are supposed to be over a million 7ft men in China. Their league has a long way to go to be comparable to the NBA. When they get their stuff together, they will have a larger impact on American BBall.

You realize that's 0.1% of their population right?

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
GustavBahler
Posts: 32321
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

9/11/2017  8:23 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Gudris wrote:By the way, Latvians are one of the tallest nations in a world, especially women are very tall in Latvia, that's why we have so many tall good players like KP
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3707890/Dutch-men-worlds-tallest-Latvias-women-loftiest-study-finds.html

and tallest women ever played basketball

Whats crazy is there are supposed to be over a million 7ft men in China. Their league has a long way to go to be comparable to the NBA. When they get their stuff together, they will have a larger impact on American BBall.

You realize that's 0.1% of their population right?

If the pct had mattered to me, I would have pointed it out.

Allanfan20
Posts: 33531
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
9/11/2017  9:26 PM
If he is really 6'6" then this makes him an even more valueable pick. If worst comes to worst and he's not explosive enough to be a full time PG then he absolutely seems to have the perfect skillset to be a really nice shooting guard who can also pass and play defense.
Title odds are 200:1. So you're saying there's a chance!
Allanfan20
Posts: 33531
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
9/11/2017  9:28 PM
With that said, he doesn't even seem to be 6'5". He is shorter than LJ and LJ is 6'5"!
Title odds are 200:1. So you're saying there's a chance!
nixluva
Posts: 54053
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
9/11/2017  9:37 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:With that said, he doesn't even seem to be 6'5". He is shorter than LJ and LJ is 6'5"!

I actually think Nitty is just under 6-6. He looks to be about the same or maybe just a touch taller than Dotson who is listed at 6-5.5. This is both of them next to each other. Kid is only 19 so he's going to have time to fill out quite a bit.

Andrew
Posts: 26465
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #1
USA
9/11/2017  9:41 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:With that said, he doesn't even seem to be 6'5". He is shorter than LJ and LJ is 6'5"!

LJ was officially listed as 6-7

PURE KNICKS LOVE
GustavBahler
Posts: 32321
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

9/11/2017  9:50 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:If he is really 6'6" then this makes him an even more valueable pick. If worst comes to worst and he's not explosive enough to be a full time PG then he absolutely seems to have the perfect skillset to be a really nice shooting guard who can also pass and play defense.

Im hoping thats the worst outcome, makes it easier to forget about the alternatives. A middle of the road role player, just doesn't do it for me.

Im guessing the first time Frank blows by someone and throws it down with authority, some of us will feel somewhat better. I know I will.

Allanfan20
Posts: 33531
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
9/11/2017  10:52 PM
Andrew wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:With that said, he doesn't even seem to be 6'5". He is shorter than LJ and LJ is 6'5"!

LJ was officially listed as 6-7

What's listed and what is are 2 different things. LJ is 6'5" max.

Title odds are 200:1. So you're saying there's a chance!
Allanfan20
Posts: 33531
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
9/11/2017  10:53 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:If he is really 6'6" then this makes him an even more valueable pick. If worst comes to worst and he's not explosive enough to be a full time PG then he absolutely seems to have the perfect skillset to be a really nice shooting guard who can also pass and play defense.

Im hoping thats the worst outcome, makes it easier to forget about the alternatives. A middle of the road role player, just doesn't do it for me.

Im guessing the first time Frank blows by someone and throws it down with authority, some of us will feel somewhat better. I know I will.

If he becomes an all-star 2 who can shoot the lights out, then it's the best... besides him being an all star 1 who can shoot the lights out.

Title odds are 200:1. So you're saying there's a chance!
Allanfan20
Posts: 33531
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
9/11/2017  10:57 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:With that said, he doesn't even seem to be 6'5". He is shorter than LJ and LJ is 6'5"!

LJ was officially listed as 6-7

What's listed and what is are 2 different things. LJ is 6'5" max.

Balkman was listed at 6'8" and he was barely 6'5" and that's because of the hair! I know because i stood right next to him when I walked over to one of the UK get togethers. He was hardly taller thn me, at 6'4".

Title odds are 200:1. So you're saying there's a chance!
nixluva
Posts: 54053
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
9/11/2017  11:37 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:With that said, he doesn't even seem to be 6'5". He is shorter than LJ and LJ is 6'5"!

LJ was officially listed as 6-7

What's listed and what is are 2 different things. LJ is 6'5" max.

Balkman was listed at 6'8" and he was barely 6'5" and that's because of the hair! I know because i stood right next to him when I walked over to one of the UK get togethers. He was hardly taller thn me, at 6'4".


This isn't the old days where we had no idea what guys true measurements are. Now with official measurements at the combine we have very accurate measurements. Only reason we're guessing with Frank is cuz he didn't get measured at the combine.

Dotson was measured at 6'4 ½" no shoes and 6'5 ½" in sneakers. Nitty is at least his size an perhaps a touch taller from how he looks next to Dotson.

TripleThreat
Posts: 21382
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/24/2012
Member: #3997

9/12/2017  3:07 AM
nixluva wrote:Still growing?


More important ( not that height is not important)

are

A) Standing reach
B) Wingspan
C) SPARQ metrics

The Zeller brothers, all three, IIRC are "7 Footers" However given their standing reach and considering their vertical, smaller players can actually play above the rim better than any of them. Dwayne Wade was a bit of a freak in his prime. Massive wing span. Incredible hops when he was young. Good timing. As a wing ( really a small forward), he could defend the rim.

One thing most people never discussed with the greats like Darrelle Revis, Charles Woodson, Rod Woodson, Darrell Green, Deion Sanders was the ability to "flip their hips" The ability to change directions at game speed on a dime. Very very hard to do. Being fundamentally sound is one thing, doing so cleanly while at top speed is another.

Most critically, projected, Ntilikina can defend, at minimum, his own "weight" ( i.e. his own position at a league average level) and plays solid fundamental ball.

I don't care how tall any of these guys are to start, just be willing to play team ball in an intelligent manner.

Since you came on this board you have been way off in regards to trade value. - Briggs 7/28/2015
technomaster
Posts: 22060
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/30/2003
Member: #426
USA
9/12/2017  9:22 AM
Where is this photo from? Tryouts for the next Magic Mike movie?

nixluva wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:With that said, he doesn't even seem to be 6'5". He is shorter than LJ and LJ is 6'5"!

I actually think Nitty is just under 6-6. He looks to be about the same or maybe just a touch taller than Dotson who is listed at 6-5.5. This is both of them next to each other. Kid is only 19 so he's going to have time to fill out quite a bit.

Kevin Dolorico | "That was two, two from the heart." - John Starks
nixluva
Posts: 54053
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
9/12/2017  11:59 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
nixluva wrote:Still growing?


More important ( not that height is not important)

are

A) Standing reach
B) Wingspan
C) SPARQ metrics

The Zeller brothers, all three, IIRC are "7 Footers" However given their standing reach and considering their vertical, smaller players can actually play above the rim better than any of them. Dwayne Wade was a bit of a freak in his prime. Massive wing span. Incredible hops when he was young. Good timing. As a wing ( really a small forward), he could defend the rim.

One thing most people never discussed with the greats like Darrelle Revis, Charles Woodson, Rod Woodson, Darrell Green, Deion Sanders was the ability to "flip their hips" The ability to change directions at game speed on a dime. Very very hard to do. Being fundamentally sound is one thing, doing so cleanly while at top speed is another.

Most critically, projected, Ntilikina can defend, at minimum, his own "weight" ( i.e. his own position at a league average level) and plays solid fundamental ball.

I don't care how tall any of these guys are to start, just be willing to play team ball in an intelligent manner.


Nitty has broad high shoulders as well as long arms. I suspect he has better than avg standing reach. He's kind of a guard version of Kevin McHale in that sense. Not the most explosive guy but not Mark Jackson either.

I'm encouraged by the improvement I've seen from Nitty so far. He looks to have improved his handles from how they looked during U18. Much lower and tighter to his body. He's no And1 ball handler but he's gotten better.

He seems to move well for being as tall and lanky as he is. From how he moves he gives me the impression that he was still adjusting to his body. He kinda looked like a baby Giraffe. Still he moved well enough laterally and used his length. I suspect smaller and quicker NBA guards will give him trouble at times tho he fights hard to recover and get back into the play. Nitty should be a nightmare for

Is Frank Ntilikina...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.