knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I am absolutely baffled as to why the knicks didn't go hard after rondo...with only 3 mill deal..I would definitely trade KOQ for rondo..I just see him as a perfect fit, and mentor for frank and KP.

I don't think Stubborn Personalities fit with Jeff's coaching style. We've had enough DRAMA and as good as Rondo is there's a risk of trouble with him.

In short, he is not stubborn. Rondo is a bit of a savant and has incredible analytical skills. I have read he sees things in absolute terms and thus when he does not agree, he is unable to see thru the abstract, apply patience, or participate despite this conflict. That does not make him wrong, but it makes for a lousy mentorship.

I think we're arguing semantics here. Stubborn vs "sees things in absolute terms"! Whatever you prefer that's not a personality type you'd want to stick Hornacek with.

Did Rondo even want to come here and fill that role? He went to a slightly better situation to a team that had more money to offer at the time. It all goes back THJ signing. Did you want THJ or would you be satisfied bring Holiday back on a short-term deal and bringing in a guy like Rondo?
sigh... classic knicks1248. Complain about every guy that comes in here. Who does he want? Derrick Rose back. Or Rondo.. I guy who is always hurt, cant be one of the most difficult people to deal with in the league, is 31 years old and hasnt played defense in about 5 years. Oh, and his assist #s are so overrated they often call them "rondo assists."

classis fish, making up stuff, who am I complaining about????????? please name one player on this roster, or any roster that i have complained about.

If you took a poll, between rondo and session, it's a no brainer, which is why sessions was at the very bottom of the FA list, and had zero offers form 29 other teams. I would rather Rondo then KOQ because we have 5 centers

If the knicks got him, you would be thrilled, you just have to find away to disagree with me on damn near everything, and you always make up excuses for everyone we bring in. Knicks bring in a bad defender, some of you think miraculously he'll become a better defender, shooter, passer, whatever, in a knick uniform.

Were about 5 yrs late on both jack and session, actually rondo too, but he is still a better option.

you have repeatedly blasted management for saying we need to defend better, than you harp on how they brought in Kanter, McBuckets, Sessions and THjr and say we added all guy who dont play defense. You have done this several times. Then you say we should have resigned Rose and brought in Rondo. Two guys who havent played defense in years.

Nothing about Rondo is a no brainer. He's hasnt been good for years, and last time he went to a winning team to play for a coach who won a title they dumped him and called it bringing him in a huge mistake.

You spout your opinions (which are usually beyond silly) and you back them up with facts based on your opinions, like "this is a no brainer."

phil wanted to resign rose, and I still would pick rose over sessions and jack, and so would 90% of Gm's around the league.

You damn right I blasted the FO for bringing in a bunch of suspect defenders, although 2 months ago they were quoted as saying we're making defense a HIGH PRIORITY and were going to start by acquiring some of the worst defenders in the league..don't make me laugh dude

Cmon fish maan, you know these guys are not even adequate defenders, It's like saying i want a fast sporty car and then go out and buy a Ford focus.

rondo maybe a bit of a head case, but we once trade for a player who choked his damn coach, and how did that turn out.

The cap space is primarily the only reason we probably didn't pursue Rondo. Once the triangle was in the pass, rondo was a better option

Preference of Rose to Jack or Sessions does not make any sense. Rose is clearly the best player of the Three. However that is not the important point as regards the Knicks. The Knicks are looking for a mentor for Frank and Rose is definitely not it

First, Rose is not the type of PG you want Frank to emulate. In fact is Rose even a PG?

Second, based on comments he has made, Rose still believes he is an all star caliber player. He is smarting over that minimum contract he received from Cleveland. Therefore he has something to prove and would be in no mood to serve as Frank's caddy.

Jack and Sessions are at the end of their careers and are under no delusions as to why they were brought here - to be Franks mentor(s). There will be no drama there are well aware they are simply place holders until Frank is ready.

With Melo's age and and his NTC the Knicks were not going to get equal value in a trade. IMHO the Knicks did quite well in that they did not take on any cap killing contracts (see Ryan Anderson). Instead they got two players who though flawed defensively are quite talented offensively Kanter especially so.

This gives the Knicks flexibility. They can evaluate Kanter and Mcdermott to see if they have improved enough defensively to make it worth keeping them. If not, Mcdermott can be let go after this season and Kanter has fairly good value making him easy to trade.

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/6/2017  2:24 PM
awe1028 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I am absolutely baffled as to why the knicks didn't go hard after rondo...with only 3 mill deal..I would definitely trade KOQ for rondo..I just see him as a perfect fit, and mentor for frank and KP.

I don't think Stubborn Personalities fit with Jeff's coaching style. We've had enough DRAMA and as good as Rondo is there's a risk of trouble with him.

In short, he is not stubborn. Rondo is a bit of a savant and has incredible analytical skills. I have read he sees things in absolute terms and thus when he does not agree, he is unable to see thru the abstract, apply patience, or participate despite this conflict. That does not make him wrong, but it makes for a lousy mentorship.

I think we're arguing semantics here. Stubborn vs "sees things in absolute terms"! Whatever you prefer that's not a personality type you'd want to stick Hornacek with.

Did Rondo even want to come here and fill that role? He went to a slightly better situation to a team that had more money to offer at the time. It all goes back THJ signing. Did you want THJ or would you be satisfied bring Holiday back on a short-term deal and bringing in a guy like Rondo?
sigh... classic knicks1248. Complain about every guy that comes in here. Who does he want? Derrick Rose back. Or Rondo.. I guy who is always hurt, cant be one of the most difficult people to deal with in the league, is 31 years old and hasnt played defense in about 5 years. Oh, and his assist #s are so overrated they often call them "rondo assists."

classis fish, making up stuff, who am I complaining about????????? please name one player on this roster, or any roster that i have complained about.

If you took a poll, between rondo and session, it's a no brainer, which is why sessions was at the very bottom of the FA list, and had zero offers form 29 other teams. I would rather Rondo then KOQ because we have 5 centers

If the knicks got him, you would be thrilled, you just have to find away to disagree with me on damn near everything, and you always make up excuses for everyone we bring in. Knicks bring in a bad defender, some of you think miraculously he'll become a better defender, shooter, passer, whatever, in a knick uniform.

Were about 5 yrs late on both jack and session, actually rondo too, but he is still a better option.

you have repeatedly blasted management for saying we need to defend better, than you harp on how they brought in Kanter, McBuckets, Sessions and THjr and say we added all guy who dont play defense. You have done this several times. Then you say we should have resigned Rose and brought in Rondo. Two guys who havent played defense in years.

Nothing about Rondo is a no brainer. He's hasnt been good for years, and last time he went to a winning team to play for a coach who won a title they dumped him and called it bringing him in a huge mistake.

You spout your opinions (which are usually beyond silly) and you back them up with facts based on your opinions, like "this is a no brainer."

phil wanted to resign rose, and I still would pick rose over sessions and jack, and so would 90% of Gm's around the league.

You damn right I blasted the FO for bringing in a bunch of suspect defenders, although 2 months ago they were quoted as saying we're making defense a HIGH PRIORITY and were going to start by acquiring some of the worst defenders in the league..don't make me laugh dude

Cmon fish maan, you know these guys are not even adequate defenders, It's like saying i want a fast sporty car and then go out and buy a Ford focus.

rondo maybe a bit of a head case, but we once trade for a player who choked his damn coach, and how did that turn out.

The cap space is primarily the only reason we probably didn't pursue Rondo. Once the triangle was in the pass, rondo was a better option

Preference of Rose to Jack or Sessions does not make any sense. Rose is clearly the best player of the Three. However that is not the important point as regards the Knicks. The Knicks are looking for a mentor for Frank and Rose is definitely not it

First, Rose is not the type of PG you want Frank to emulate. In fact is Rose even a PG?

Second, based on comments he has made, Rose still believes he is an all star caliber player. He is smarting over that minimum contract he received from Cleveland. Therefore he has something to prove and would be in no mood to serve as Frank's caddy.

Jack and Sessions are at the end of their careers and are under no delusions as to why they were brought here - to be Franks mentor(s). There will be no drama there are well aware they are simply place holders until Frank is ready.

With Melo's age and and his NTC the Knicks were not going to get equal value in a trade. IMHO the Knicks did quite well in that they did not take on any cap killing contracts (see Ryan Anderson). Instead they got two players who though flawed defensively are quite talented offensively Kanter especially so.

This gives the Knicks flexibility. They can evaluate Kanter and Mcdermott to see if they have improved enough defensively to make it worth keeping them. If not, Mcdermott can be let go after this season and Kanter has fairly good value making him easy to trade.

Excellent post. All very reasonable and understandable points.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/6/2017  4:20 PM
nixluva wrote:
awe1028 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Excellent post. All very reasonable and understandable points.

Rose also wasn't going to sign here for 2 mil. He signed with the Cavs for 2 mil because they are a finals contender. Sign cheap and use the finals run to showcase your talent into a better deal while possibly winning a championship.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Is Frank Ntilikina...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy