[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is Frank Ntilikina...
Author Thread
knicks1248
Posts: 36058
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
10/5/2017  10:27 AM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I am absolutely baffled as to why the knicks didn't go hard after rondo...with only 3 mill deal..I would definitely trade KOQ for rondo..I just see him as a perfect fit, and mentor for frank and KP.

I don't think Stubborn Personalities fit with Jeff's coaching style. We've had enough DRAMA and as good as Rondo is there's a risk of trouble with him.

In short, he is not stubborn. Rondo is a bit of a savant and has incredible analytical skills. I have read he sees things in absolute terms and thus when he does not agree, he is unable to see thru the abstract, apply patience, or participate despite this conflict. That does not make him wrong, but it makes for a lousy mentorship.

I think we're arguing semantics here. Stubborn vs "sees things in absolute terms"! Whatever you prefer that's not a personality type you'd want to stick Hornacek with.


Did Rondo even want to come here and fill that role? He went to a slightly better situation to a team that had more money to offer at the time. It all goes back THJ signing. Did you want THJ or would you be satisfied bring Holiday back on a short-term deal and bringing in a guy like Rondo?
sigh... classic knicks1248. Complain about every guy that comes in here. Who does he want? Derrick Rose back. Or Rondo.. I guy who is always hurt, cant be one of the most difficult people to deal with in the league, is 31 years old and hasnt played defense in about 5 years. Oh, and his assist #s are so overrated they often call them "rondo assists."

classis fish, making up stuff, who am I complaining about????????? please name one player on this roster, or any roster that i have complained about.


If you took a poll, between rondo and session, it's a no brainer, which is why sessions was at the very bottom of the FA list, and had zero offers form 29 other teams. I would rather Rondo then KOQ because we have 5 centers

If the knicks got him, you would be thrilled, you just have to find away to disagree with me on damn near everything, and you always make up excuses for everyone we bring in. Knicks bring in a bad defender, some of you think miraculously he'll become a better defender, shooter, passer, whatever, in a knick uniform.

Were about 5 yrs late on both jack and session, actually rondo too, but he is still a better option.

you have repeatedly blasted management for saying we need to defend better, than you harp on how they brought in Kanter, McBuckets, Sessions and THjr and say we added all guy who dont play defense. You have done this several times. Then you say we should have resigned Rose and brought in Rondo. Two guys who havent played defense in years.

Nothing about Rondo is a no brainer. He's hasnt been good for years, and last time he went to a winning team to play for a coach who won a title they dumped him and called it bringing him in a huge mistake.

You spout your opinions (which are usually beyond silly) and you back them up with facts based on your opinions, like "this is a no brainer."

phil wanted to resign rose, and I still would pick rose over sessions and jack, and so would 90% of Gm's around the league.

You damn right I blasted the FO for bringing in a bunch of suspect defenders, although 2 months ago they were quoted as saying we're making defense a HIGH PRIORITY and were going to start by acquiring some of the worst defenders in the league..don't make me laugh dude

Cmon fish maan, you know these guys are not even adequate defenders, It's like saying i want a fast sporty car and then go out and buy a Ford focus.

rondo maybe a bit of a head case, but we once trade for a player who choked his damn coach, and how did that turn out.

The cap space is primarily the only reason we probably didn't pursue Rondo. Once the triangle was in the pass, rondo was a better option

ES
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Posts: 47407
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
10/5/2017  11:12 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I am absolutely baffled as to why the knicks didn't go hard after rondo...with only 3 mill deal..I would definitely trade KOQ for rondo..I just see him as a perfect fit, and mentor for frank and KP.

I don't think Stubborn Personalities fit with Jeff's coaching style. We've had enough DRAMA and as good as Rondo is there's a risk of trouble with him.

In short, he is not stubborn. Rondo is a bit of a savant and has incredible analytical skills. I have read he sees things in absolute terms and thus when he does not agree, he is unable to see thru the abstract, apply patience, or participate despite this conflict. That does not make him wrong, but it makes for a lousy mentorship.

I think we're arguing semantics here. Stubborn vs "sees things in absolute terms"! Whatever you prefer that's not a personality type you'd want to stick Hornacek with.


Did Rondo even want to come here and fill that role? He went to a slightly better situation to a team that had more money to offer at the time. It all goes back THJ signing. Did you want THJ or would you be satisfied bring Holiday back on a short-term deal and bringing in a guy like Rondo?
sigh... classic knicks1248. Complain about every guy that comes in here. Who does he want? Derrick Rose back. Or Rondo.. I guy who is always hurt, cant be one of the most difficult people to deal with in the league, is 31 years old and hasnt played defense in about 5 years. Oh, and his assist #s are so overrated they often call them "rondo assists."

classis fish, making up stuff, who am I complaining about????????? please name one player on this roster, or any roster that i have complained about.


If you took a poll, between rondo and session, it's a no brainer, which is why sessions was at the very bottom of the FA list, and had zero offers form 29 other teams. I would rather Rondo then KOQ because we have 5 centers

If the knicks got him, you would be thrilled, you just have to find away to disagree with me on damn near everything, and you always make up excuses for everyone we bring in. Knicks bring in a bad defender, some of you think miraculously he'll become a better defender, shooter, passer, whatever, in a knick uniform.

Were about 5 yrs late on both jack and session, actually rondo too, but he is still a better option.

you have repeatedly blasted management for saying we need to defend better, than you harp on how they brought in Kanter, McBuckets, Sessions and THjr and say we added all guy who dont play defense. You have done this several times. Then you say we should have resigned Rose and brought in Rondo. Two guys who havent played defense in years.

Nothing about Rondo is a no brainer. He's hasnt been good for years, and last time he went to a winning team to play for a coach who won a title they dumped him and called it bringing him in a huge mistake.

You spout your opinions (which are usually beyond silly) and you back them up with facts based on your opinions, like "this is a no brainer."

phil wanted to resign rose, and I still would pick rose over sessions and jack, and so would 90% of Gm's around the league.

You damn right I blasted the FO for bringing in a bunch of suspect defenders, although 2 months ago they were quoted as saying we're making defense a HIGH PRIORITY and were going to start by acquiring some of the worst defenders in the league..don't make me laugh dude

Cmon fish maan, you know these guys are not even adequate defenders, It's like saying i want a fast sporty car and then go out and buy a Ford focus.

rondo maybe a bit of a head case, but we once trade for a player who choked his damn coach, and how did that turn out.

The cap space is primarily the only reason we probably didn't pursue Rondo. Once the triangle was in the pass, rondo was a better option


fish: 1248... you complain about the players Knicks brought in
1248: stop lying fish
fish: Sorry you dont remember complaining about their defense?
1248: Well OF COURSE I COMPLAINED ABOUT THAT

You most certainly wanted Rose back. Rondo is a terrible fit and old. Session AGREED to mentor Frank. Would Rondo have done that? Sorry if that bothers you. You said it.

THjr was a good defender last year.
Frank Ntilikina has ALL NBA defense potential, and that is why he was drafted
Dotson was drafted because he was a defense first player
Baker was resigned because he played defense with tenacity

Of the all the players brought in who have been referred to by the front office as part of the young core they are building around?

This should be interesting.

fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
fishmike
Posts: 47407
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
10/5/2017  11:14 AM
knicks1248.. who would you have brought in? So far Rose and Rondo. Who are you bringing in to upgrade the defense Mr. DontMakeMeLaugh? Cause your proposals of Rose/Rondo are beyond laughable.
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
nixluva
Posts: 54632
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/5/2017  11:16 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I am absolutely baffled as to why the knicks didn't go hard after rondo...with only 3 mill deal..I would definitely trade KOQ for rondo..I just see him as a perfect fit, and mentor for frank and KP.

I don't think Stubborn Personalities fit with Jeff's coaching style. We've had enough DRAMA and as good as Rondo is there's a risk of trouble with him.

In short, he is not stubborn. Rondo is a bit of a savant and has incredible analytical skills. I have read he sees things in absolute terms and thus when he does not agree, he is unable to see thru the abstract, apply patience, or participate despite this conflict. That does not make him wrong, but it makes for a lousy mentorship.

I think we're arguing semantics here. Stubborn vs "sees things in absolute terms"! Whatever you prefer that's not a personality type you'd want to stick Hornacek with.


Did Rondo even want to come here and fill that role? He went to a slightly better situation to a team that had more money to offer at the time. It all goes back THJ signing. Did you want THJ or would you be satisfied bring Holiday back on a short-term deal and bringing in a guy like Rondo?
sigh... classic knicks1248. Complain about every guy that comes in here. Who does he want? Derrick Rose back. Or Rondo.. I guy who is always hurt, cant be one of the most difficult people to deal with in the league, is 31 years old and hasnt played defense in about 5 years. Oh, and his assist #s are so overrated they often call them "rondo assists."

classis fish, making up stuff, who am I complaining about????????? please name one player on this roster, or any roster that i have complained about.


If you took a poll, between rondo and session, it's a no brainer, which is why sessions was at the very bottom of the FA list, and had zero offers form 29 other teams. I would rather Rondo then KOQ because we have 5 centers

If the knicks got him, you would be thrilled, you just have to find away to disagree with me on damn near everything, and you always make up excuses for everyone we bring in. Knicks bring in a bad defender, some of you think miraculously he'll become a better defender, shooter, passer, whatever, in a knick uniform.

Were about 5 yrs late on both jack and session, actually rondo too, but he is still a better option.

you have repeatedly blasted management for saying we need to defend better, than you harp on how they brought in Kanter, McBuckets, Sessions and THjr and say we added all guy who dont play defense. You have done this several times. Then you say we should have resigned Rose and brought in Rondo. Two guys who havent played defense in years.

Nothing about Rondo is a no brainer. He's hasnt been good for years, and last time he went to a winning team to play for a coach who won a title they dumped him and called it bringing him in a huge mistake.

You spout your opinions (which are usually beyond silly) and you back them up with facts based on your opinions, like "this is a no brainer."

phil wanted to resign rose, and I still would pick rose over sessions and jack, and so would 90% of Gm's around the league.

You damn right I blasted the FO for bringing in a bunch of suspect defenders, although 2 months ago they were quoted as saying we're making defense a HIGH PRIORITY and were going to start by acquiring some of the worst defenders in the league..don't make me laugh dude

Cmon fish maan, you know these guys are not even adequate defenders, It's like saying i want a fast sporty car and then go out and buy a Ford focus.

rondo maybe a bit of a head case, but we once trade for a player who choked his damn coach, and how did that turn out.

The cap space is primarily the only reason we probably didn't pursue Rondo. Once the triangle was in the pass, rondo was a better option

Not bringing back DRose seems like a plan to give opportunities for Nitty and Baker to earn minutes and not have an angry DRose who feels he should get big minutes. This makes sense for a rebuild.

Aa for the Defense aspect, this isn't NBA 2K. Sometimes you have to take who you can get and try to coach them up. How many YOUNG Elite defenders are just floating around to be signed? They did draft Nitty and Dotson who have very good defensive potential. THJ has improved as a defender and could continue to get better.

fishmike
Posts: 47407
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
10/5/2017  11:38 AM
Rose signed for nothing. That was not an option for the Knicks. They werent signing him for scraps. What would Rose's starting salary been here? $15mm? $20mm? I would rather have a 25 year old Hardaway who has shown a willingness to be a better defender. Rose makes Zero zilch sense. The video showing Rose calling his own # when KP was wide open like 80 times was telling.
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
knicks1248
Posts: 36058
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
10/5/2017  12:37 PM
fishmike wrote:knicks1248.. who would you have brought in? So far Rose and Rondo. Who are you bringing in to upgrade the defense Mr. DontMakeMeLaugh? Cause your proposals of Rose/Rondo are beyond laughable.

I'm getting players that fit my coaches style, this is why we continue to fail over and over again, we keep bringing in players and hope to convert them into how we would like them to be.

Why you think phil failed, we kept bringing in players that could not play in the triangle, did we think Rose would all of sudden turn into fisher, kerr, Bj Armstrong, did we think Melo would turn into Jordan, pippen or Kobe.

Now we have JH who want's to play a uptempo style, 3 guard alignment like he did with the suns, and we saddle him with 5 centers, and more suspect defenders (even though he's not really a defensive coach).

ES
Knickoftime
Posts: 23023
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

10/5/2017  12:40 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:knicks1248.. who would you have brought in? So far Rose and Rondo. Who are you bringing in to upgrade the defense Mr. DontMakeMeLaugh? Cause your proposals of Rose/Rondo are beyond laughable.

I'm getting players that fit my coaches style, this is why we continue to fail over and over again, we keep bringing in players and hope to convert them into how we would like them to be.

Why you think phil failed, we kept bringing in players that could not play in the triangle, did we think Rose would all of sudden turn into fisher, kerr, Bj Armstrong, did we think Melo would turn into Jordan, pippen or Kobe.

Now we have JH who want's to play a uptempo style, 3 guard alignment like he did with the suns, and we saddle him with 5 centers, and more suspect defenders (even though he's not really a defensive coach).

They just traded their best player.

They don't expect to win this year.

fishmike
Posts: 47407
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
10/5/2017  12:47 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:knicks1248.. who would you have brought in? So far Rose and Rondo. Who are you bringing in to upgrade the defense Mr. DontMakeMeLaugh? Cause your proposals of Rose/Rondo are beyond laughable.

I'm getting players that fit my coaches style, this is why we continue to fail over and over again, we keep bringing in players and hope to convert them into how we would like them to be.

Why you think phil failed, we kept bringing in players that could not play in the triangle, did we think Rose would all of sudden turn into fisher, kerr, Bj Armstrong, did we think Melo would turn into Jordan, pippen or Kobe.

Now we have JH who want's to play a uptempo style, 3 guard alignment like he did with the suns, and we saddle him with 5 centers, and more suspect defenders (even though he's not really a defensive coach).

This is a classic post. You say he wants to run an uptempo offense and they "saddled him with 5 centers." However you seem to leave out they drafted 2 new guards, brought the good defensive one back and signed another coming off a great year.

Typical crap you spout.

AGain... who are the more suspect defenders? And who were the players you wanted instead? Kanter and McBuckets came in the Melo trade and are actually pretty good. No.. they arent good defenders, but they bring other talents. Who were you getting? Name the names... Rose and Rondo right? Your a BB genius

fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
knicks1248
Posts: 36058
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
10/5/2017  1:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/5/2017  1:40 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:knicks1248.. who would you have brought in? So far Rose and Rondo. Who are you bringing in to upgrade the defense Mr. DontMakeMeLaugh? Cause your proposals of Rose/Rondo are beyond laughable.

I'm getting players that fit my coaches style, this is why we continue to fail over and over again, we keep bringing in players and hope to convert them into how we would like them to be.

Why you think phil failed, we kept bringing in players that could not play in the triangle, did we think Rose would all of sudden turn into fisher, kerr, Bj Armstrong, did we think Melo would turn into Jordan, pippen or Kobe.

Now we have JH who want's to play a uptempo style, 3 guard alignment like he did with the suns, and we saddle him with 5 centers, and more suspect defenders (even though he's not really a defensive coach).

This is a classic post. You say he wants to run an uptempo offense and they "saddled him with 5 centers." However you seem to leave out they drafted 2 new guards, brought the good defensive one back and signed another coming off a great year.

Typical crap you spout.

AGain... who are the more suspect defenders? And who were the players you wanted instead? Kanter and McBuckets came in the Melo trade and are actually pretty good. No.. they arent good defenders, but they bring other talents. Who were you getting? Name the names... Rose and Rondo right? Your a BB genius

So let me see if I understand you, you didnt want rose because he didnt pass enough, or play defense, and all he really did was score, yet your cool with bringing in 2 players, who don't even avg 1 assist, don't play defense, and basically are good at scoring.

rose and rondo, who both had several teams vying for their services,,but jack and sessions had no team reaching out until everyone else was gone.


Are you aware that if Phil was here, THJ would not be here, rose would be here, and maybe Anderson, and you were a major supporter of phil.

So you support Phil bringing back rose, but not me...

ES
fishmike
Posts: 47407
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
10/5/2017  1:59 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:knicks1248.. who would you have brought in? So far Rose and Rondo. Who are you bringing in to upgrade the defense Mr. DontMakeMeLaugh? Cause your proposals of Rose/Rondo are beyond laughable.

I'm getting players that fit my coaches style, this is why we continue to fail over and over again, we keep bringing in players and hope to convert them into how we would like them to be.

Why you think phil failed, we kept bringing in players that could not play in the triangle, did we think Rose would all of sudden turn into fisher, kerr, Bj Armstrong, did we think Melo would turn into Jordan, pippen or Kobe.

Now we have JH who want's to play a uptempo style, 3 guard alignment like he did with the suns, and we saddle him with 5 centers, and more suspect defenders (even though he's not really a defensive coach).

This is a classic post. You say he wants to run an uptempo offense and they "saddled him with 5 centers." However you seem to leave out they drafted 2 new guards, brought the good defensive one back and signed another coming off a great year.

Typical crap you spout.

AGain... who are the more suspect defenders? And who were the players you wanted instead? Kanter and McBuckets came in the Melo trade and are actually pretty good. No.. they arent good defenders, but they bring other talents. Who were you getting? Name the names... Rose and Rondo right? Your a BB genius

So let me see if I understand you, you didnt want rose because he didnt pass enough, or play defense, and all he really did was score, yet your cool with bringing in 2 players, who don't even avg 1 assist, don't play defense, and basically are good at scoring.

rose and rondo, who both had several teams vying for their services,,but jack and sessions had no team reaching out until everyone else was gone.


Are you aware that if Phil was here, THJ would not be here, rose would be here, and maybe Anderson, and you were a major supporter of phil.

So you support Phil bringing back rose, but not me...

NOBODY wanted Rondo or Rose. That is why both signed for less money than guys like Ron Baker, Langston Galloway, Cole Aldridge. Those guys are veteran scrap heap players signed by teams trying to catch some veteran lightning in a bottle. Kind of like Sessions, who is here to mentor Ntilikina (another thing you struggle to grasp).

The Knicks have said this is about BUILDING. So you target players that are young with upside.

You harp on Kanter and McBuckets, but I will ask you again. Show me a better Melo trade. You cant, because there wasnt one, so the Knicks took the best package they could get and they got a couple of 25 year old guys worth taking a look at.

I was NEVER a major "supporter" of Phil. Another thing you are making up. Phil did a good job with our draft, a terrible job signing FAs, a terrible job managing a coaching staff, a terrible job interacting with the media and every other human. So you can just shut up about that as well. Player development improved under Phil, but thats about it.

So yea... Rose is 29, sucked, only out for himself and was talking about how much he loved the Knicks dying for another $20mm+ a year payday. Rondo is 31 years old and is a shell of his former self. He led the league in assists for Sac and they had ZERO interest in bringing him back. Geee... I wonder why?

The Knicks got a couple of good young players for Melo who are 25 and not attached to bad contracts... so yea. Im "cool" with that. Anything else?

Your so funny. You just make up stuff. Its like you read 5% of the story and just make up the rest.

fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
Nalod
Posts: 53937
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
10/5/2017  2:04 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:knicks1248.. who would you have brought in? So far Rose and Rondo. Who are you bringing in to upgrade the defense Mr. DontMakeMeLaugh? Cause your proposals of Rose/Rondo are beyond laughable.

I'm getting players that fit my coaches style, this is why we continue to fail over and over again, we keep bringing in players and hope to convert them into how we would like them to be.

Why you think phil failed, we kept bringing in players that could not play in the triangle, did we think Rose would all of sudden turn into fisher, kerr, Bj Armstrong, did we think Melo would turn into Jordan, pippen or Kobe.

Now we have JH who want's to play a uptempo style, 3 guard alignment like he did with the suns, and we saddle him with 5 centers, and more suspect defenders (even though he's not really a defensive coach).

This is a classic post. You say he wants to run an uptempo offense and they "saddled him with 5 centers." However you seem to leave out they drafted 2 new guards, brought the good defensive one back and signed another coming off a great year.

Typical crap you spout.

AGain... who are the more suspect defenders? And who were the players you wanted instead? Kanter and McBuckets came in the Melo trade and are actually pretty good. No.. they arent good defenders, but they bring other talents. Who were you getting? Name the names... Rose and Rondo right? Your a BB genius

So let me see if I understand you, you didnt want rose because he didnt pass enough, or play defense, and all he really did was score, yet your cool with bringing in 2 players, who don't even avg 1 assist, don't play defense, and basically are good at scoring.

rose and rondo, who both had several teams vying for their services,,but jack and sessions had no team reaching out until everyone else was gone.


Are you aware that if Phil was here, THJ would not be here, rose would be here, and maybe Anderson, and you were a major supporter of phil.

So you support Phil bringing back rose, but not me...

1. Phil is not here. Thats reality.
2. Phil said a nice thing that Rose wanted back in. We held his Bird rights. Free agents usually say they want to be back.
They want to get paid.
3. Knicks1248, you find all kinds of reasons why things are not great. They are not. All was can do is hope and say team is on the right track.
4. When you run out of stuff, "Break glass in case of emergency" and use the "RAMBIS" angle.
5. type in google "Rondo Aspergers" and see what comes up. BTW, its not a terrible thing or makes him a bad person. Its why his stock dropped in the draft, its why
Ainge could not get a great deal for him before his knee blew, its why he did good with 3 alphas on the court with him, its why he has problems relating to others.
Its why you don't hire him to mentor.
6. We know the knicks are not a great team.

Anger sells, don't buy!
knicks1248
Posts: 36058
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
10/5/2017  3:32 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:knicks1248.. who would you have brought in? So far Rose and Rondo. Who are you bringing in to upgrade the defense Mr. DontMakeMeLaugh? Cause your proposals of Rose/Rondo are beyond laughable.

I'm getting players that fit my coaches style, this is why we continue to fail over and over again, we keep bringing in players and hope to convert them into how we would like them to be.

Why you think phil failed, we kept bringing in players that could not play in the triangle, did we think Rose would all of sudden turn into fisher, kerr, Bj Armstrong, did we think Melo would turn into Jordan, pippen or Kobe.

Now we have JH who want's to play a uptempo style, 3 guard alignment like he did with the suns, and we saddle him with 5 centers, and more suspect defenders (even though he's not really a defensive coach).

This is a classic post. You say he wants to run an uptempo offense and they "saddled him with 5 centers." However you seem to leave out they drafted 2 new guards, brought the good defensive one back and signed another coming off a great year.

Typical crap you spout.

AGain... who are the more suspect defenders? And who were the players you wanted instead? Kanter and McBuckets came in the Melo trade and are actually pretty good. No.. they arent good defenders, but they bring other talents. Who were you getting? Name the names... Rose and Rondo right? Your a BB genius

So let me see if I understand you, you didnt want rose because he didnt pass enough, or play defense, and all he really did was score, yet your cool with bringing in 2 players, who don't even avg 1 assist, don't play defense, and basically are good at scoring.

rose and rondo, who both had several teams vying for their services,,but jack and sessions had no team reaching out until everyone else was gone.


Are you aware that if Phil was here, THJ would not be here, rose would be here, and maybe Anderson, and you were a major supporter of phil.

So you support Phil bringing back rose, but not me...

NOBODY wanted Rondo or Rose. That is why both signed for less money than guys like Ron Baker, Langston Galloway, Cole Aldridge. Those guys are veteran scrap heap players signed by teams trying to catch some veteran lightning in a bottle. Kind of like Sessions, who is here to mentor Ntilikina (another thing you struggle to grasp).

The Knicks have said this is about BUILDING. So you target players that are young with upside.

You harp on Kanter and McBuckets, but I will ask you again. Show me a better Melo trade. You cant, because there wasnt one, so the Knicks took the best package they could get and they got a couple of 25 year old guys worth taking a look at.

I was NEVER a major "supporter" of Phil. Another thing you are making up. Phil did a good job with our draft, a terrible job signing FAs, a terrible job managing a coaching staff, a terrible job interacting with the media and every other human. So you can just shut up about that as well. Player development improved under Phil, but thats about it.

So yea... Rose is 29, sucked, only out for himself and was talking about how much he loved the Knicks dying for another $20mm+ a year payday. Rondo is 31 years old and is a shell of his former self. He led the league in assists for Sac and they had ZERO interest in bringing him back. Geee... I wonder why?

The Knicks got a couple of good young players for Melo who are 25 and not attached to bad contracts... so yea. Im "cool" with that. Anything else?

Your so funny. You just make up stuff. Its like you read 5% of the story and just make up the rest.

Here's the thing your not getting about my thinking..I DONT GIVE A RATS ASS WHO'S ON THIS ROSTER AS LONG AS THEY DO 3 THINGS EVERY SINGLE MINUTE.

1)play hard--defense is desire and effort, nothing more
2)play smart--knowing when to pass, shoot, rotate
2)play unselfish--sacrificing, sacrificing, sacrificing

rose would never be my 1st, 2nd or 3rd option, but for 2 mill, I would pick him over session, thats my personally preference.

Part of my dislike for sessions is the fact that he blew us off when MDA so desperately needed a PG, so maybe im a little bias.

The nerve of you to sit there and get on me, when those where the exact same reasons I said phil wouldn't it make to the end of his contract, and I was label by you,this phil hater..


At the end of the day, I may not be in favor of the moves these GMS, and presidents may make, but I will always root for the knicks to win

ES
nixluva
Posts: 54632
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/5/2017  8:39 PM
This looks like the play Ntilikina hurt his knee.

Nalod
Posts: 53937
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
10/5/2017  8:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:knicks1248.. who would you have brought in? So far Rose and Rondo. Who are you bringing in to upgrade the defense Mr. DontMakeMeLaugh? Cause your proposals of Rose/Rondo are beyond laughable.

I'm getting players that fit my coaches style, this is why we continue to fail over and over again, we keep bringing in players and hope to convert them into how we would like them to be.

Why you think phil failed, we kept bringing in players that could not play in the triangle, did we think Rose would all of sudden turn into fisher, kerr, Bj Armstrong, did we think Melo would turn into Jordan, pippen or Kobe.

Now we have JH who want's to play a uptempo style, 3 guard alignment like he did with the suns, and we saddle him with 5 centers, and more suspect defenders (even though he's not really a defensive coach).

This is a classic post. You say he wants to run an uptempo offense and they "saddled him with 5 centers." However you seem to leave out they drafted 2 new guards, brought the good defensive one back and signed another coming off a great year.

Typical crap you spout.

AGain... who are the more suspect defenders? And who were the players you wanted instead? Kanter and McBuckets came in the Melo trade and are actually pretty good. No.. they arent good defenders, but they bring other talents. Who were you getting? Name the names... Rose and Rondo right? Your a BB genius

So let me see if I understand you, you didnt want rose because he didnt pass enough, or play defense, and all he really did was score, yet your cool with bringing in 2 players, who don't even avg 1 assist, don't play defense, and basically are good at scoring.

rose and rondo, who both had several teams vying for their services,,but jack and sessions had no team reaching out until everyone else was gone.


Are you aware that if Phil was here, THJ would not be here, rose would be here, and maybe Anderson, and you were a major supporter of phil.

So you support Phil bringing back rose, but not me...

NOBODY wanted Rondo or Rose. That is why both signed for less money than guys like Ron Baker, Langston Galloway, Cole Aldridge. Those guys are veteran scrap heap players signed by teams trying to catch some veteran lightning in a bottle. Kind of like Sessions, who is here to mentor Ntilikina (another thing you struggle to grasp).

The Knicks have said this is about BUILDING. So you target players that are young with upside.

You harp on Kanter and McBuckets, but I will ask you again. Show me a better Melo trade. You cant, because there wasnt one, so the Knicks took the best package they could get and they got a couple of 25 year old guys worth taking a look at.

I was NEVER a major "supporter" of Phil. Another thing you are making up. Phil did a good job with our draft, a terrible job signing FAs, a terrible job managing a coaching staff, a terrible job interacting with the media and every other human. So you can just shut up about that as well. Player development improved under Phil, but thats about it.

So yea... Rose is 29, sucked, only out for himself and was talking about how much he loved the Knicks dying for another $20mm+ a year payday. Rondo is 31 years old and is a shell of his former self. He led the league in assists for Sac and they had ZERO interest in bringing him back. Geee... I wonder why?

The Knicks got a couple of good young players for Melo who are 25 and not attached to bad contracts... so yea. Im "cool" with that. Anything else?

Your so funny. You just make up stuff. Its like you read 5% of the story and just make up the rest.

Here's the thing your not getting about my thinking..I DONT GIVE A RATS ASS WHO'S ON THIS ROSTER AS LONG AS THEY DO 3 THINGS EVERY SINGLE MINUTE.

1)play hard--defense is desire and effort, nothing more
2)play smart--knowing when to pass, shoot, rotate
2)play unselfish--sacrificing, sacrificing, sacrificing

rose would never be my 1st, 2nd or 3rd option, but for 2 mill, I would pick him over session, thats my personally preference.

Part of my dislike for sessions is the fact that he blew us off when MDA so desperately needed a PG, so maybe im a little bias. SLOQ

The nerve of you to sit there and get on me, when those where the exact same reasons I said phil wouldn't it make to the end of his contract, and I was label by you,this phil hater..


At the end of the day, I may not be in favor of the moves these GMS, and presidents may make, but I will always root for the knicks to win

Fixed.....

Oh, you want make believe stuff. I get it.

Anger sells, don't buy!
Jmpasq
Posts: 22667
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

10/6/2017  6:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/6/2017  6:31 AM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I am absolutely baffled as to why the knicks didn't go hard after rondo...with only 3 mill deal..I would definitely trade KOQ for rondo..I just see him as a perfect fit, and mentor for frank and KP.

I don't think Stubborn Personalities fit with Jeff's coaching style. We've had enough DRAMA and as good as Rondo is there's a risk of trouble with him.

In short, he is not stubborn. Rondo is a bit of a savant and has incredible analytical skills. I have read he sees things in absolute terms and thus when he does not agree, he is unable to see thru the abstract, apply patience, or participate despite this conflict. That does not make him wrong, but it makes for a lousy mentorship.

I think we're arguing semantics here. Stubborn vs "sees things in absolute terms"! Whatever you prefer that's not a personality type you'd want to stick Hornacek with.


Did Rondo even want to come here and fill that role? He went to a slightly better situation to a team that had more money to offer at the time. It all goes back THJ signing. Did you want THJ or would you be satisfied bring Holiday back on a short-term deal and bringing in a guy like Rondo?
sigh... classic knicks1248. Complain about every guy that comes in here. Who does he want? Derrick Rose back. Or Rondo.. I guy who is always hurt, cant be one of the most difficult people to deal with in the league, is 31 years old and hasnt played defense in about 5 years. Oh, and his assist #s are so overrated they often call them "rondo assists."

classis fish, making up stuff, who am I complaining about????????? please name one player on this roster, or any roster that i have complained about.


If you took a poll, between rondo and session, it's a no brainer, which is why sessions was at the very bottom of the FA list, and had zero offers form 29 other teams. I would rather Rondo then KOQ because we have 5 centers

If the knicks got him, you would be thrilled, you just have to find away to disagree with me on damn near everything, and you always make up excuses for everyone we bring in. Knicks bring in a bad defender, some of you think miraculously he'll become a better defender, shooter, passer, whatever, in a knick uniform.

Were about 5 yrs late on both jack and session, actually rondo too, but he is still a better option.

you have repeatedly blasted management for saying we need to defend better, than you harp on how they brought in Kanter, McBuckets, Sessions and THjr and say we added all guy who dont play defense. You have done this several times. Then you say we should have resigned Rose and brought in Rondo. Two guys who havent played defense in years.

Nothing about Rondo is a no brainer. He's hasnt been good for years, and last time he went to a winning team to play for a coach who won a title they dumped him and called it bringing him in a huge mistake.

You spout your opinions (which are usually beyond silly) and you back them up with facts based on your opinions, like "this is a no brainer."

phil wanted to resign rose, and I still would pick rose over sessions and jack, and so would 90% of Gm's around the league.

You damn right I blasted the FO for bringing in a bunch of suspect defenders, although 2 months ago they were quoted as saying we're making defense a HIGH PRIORITY and were going to start by acquiring some of the worst defenders in the league..don't make me laugh dude

Cmon fish maan, you know these guys are not even adequate defenders, It's like saying i want a fast sporty car and then go out and buy a Ford focus.

rondo maybe a bit of a head case, but we once trade for a player who choked his damn coach, and how did that turn out.

The cap space is primarily the only reason we probably didn't pursue Rondo. Once the triangle was in the pass, rondo was a better option

Not bringing back DRose seems like a plan to give opportunities for Nitty and Baker to earn minutes and not have an angry DRose who feels he should get big minutes. This makes sense for a rebuild.

Aa for the Defense aspect, this isn't NBA 2K. Sometimes you have to take who you can get and try to coach them up. How many YOUNG Elite defenders are just floating around to be signed? They did draft Nitty and Dotson who have very good defensive potential. THJ has improved as a defender and could continue to get better.


Seriously its not like Kawhaii Leonard was asking to play for the Knicks. SF is going to be an issue this year, I don't see any way around that. If Hardaway can be an above average defender,if Nitty fulfills his defensive potential the backcourt will be fine. The frontcourt is where we have issues. KP is like Melo all over again, both wanted to play down a spot because it makes it easier on them offensively. KP doesn't have the agility to guard the position. This year I don't care because the roster is so heavily loaded in the frontcourt we are forced to play 2 bigs, but in 2 years they better not get bogged down with all these Centers again. I mean seriously if we could spend 20 million on a SF instead of Noah or even Kanter we probably get in the playoffs
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
meloshouldgo
Posts: 23530
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

10/6/2017  6:57 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:knicks1248.. who would you have brought in? So far Rose and Rondo. Who are you bringing in to upgrade the defense Mr. DontMakeMeLaugh? Cause your proposals of Rose/Rondo are beyond laughable.

I'm getting players that fit my coaches style, this is why we continue to fail over and over again, we keep bringing in players and hope to convert them into how we would like them to be.

Why you think phil failed, we kept bringing in players that could not play in the triangle, did we think Rose would all of sudden turn into fisher, kerr, Bj Armstrong, did we think Melo would turn into Jordan, pippen or Kobe.

Now we have JH who want's to play a uptempo style, 3 guard alignment like he did with the suns, and we saddle him with 5 centers, and more suspect defenders (even though he's not really a defensive coach).

This is a classic post. You say he wants to run an uptempo offense and they "saddled him with 5 centers." However you seem to leave out they drafted 2 new guards, brought the good defensive one back and signed another coming off a great year.

Typical crap you spout.

AGain... who are the more suspect defenders? And who were the players you wanted instead? Kanter and McBuckets came in the Melo trade and are actually pretty good. No.. they arent good defenders, but they bring other talents. Who were you getting? Name the names... Rose and Rondo right? Your a BB genius

So let me see if I understand you, you didnt want rose because he didnt pass enough, or play defense, and all he really did was score, yet your cool with bringing in 2 players, who don't even avg 1 assist, don't play defense, and basically are good at scoring.

rose and rondo, who both had several teams vying for their services,,but jack and sessions had no team reaching out until everyone else was gone.


Are you aware that if Phil was here, THJ would not be here, rose would be here, and maybe Anderson, and you were a major supporter of phil.

So you support Phil bringing back rose, but not me...

NOBODY wanted Rondo or Rose. That is why both signed for less money than guys like Ron Baker, Langston Galloway, Cole Aldridge. Those guys are veteran scrap heap players signed by teams trying to catch some veteran lightning in a bottle. Kind of like Sessions, who is here to mentor Ntilikina (another thing you struggle to grasp).

The Knicks have said this is about BUILDING. So you target players that are young with upside.

You harp on Kanter and McBuckets, but I will ask you again. Show me a better Melo trade. You cant, because there wasnt one, so the Knicks took the best package they could get and they got a couple of 25 year old guys worth taking a look at.

I was NEVER a major "supporter" of Phil. Another thing you are making up. Phil did a good job with our draft, a terrible job signing FAs, a terrible job managing a coaching staff, a terrible job interacting with the media and every other human. So you can just shut up about that as well. Player development improved under Phil, but thats about it.

So yea... Rose is 29, sucked, only out for himself and was talking about how much he loved the Knicks dying for another $20mm+ a year payday. Rondo is 31 years old and is a shell of his former self. He led the league in assists for Sac and they had ZERO interest in bringing him back. Geee... I wonder why?

The Knicks got a couple of good young players for Melo who are 25 and not attached to bad contracts... so yea. Im "cool" with that. Anything else?

Your so funny. You just make up stuff. Its like you read 5% of the story and just make up the rest.

Here's the thing your not getting about my thinking..I DONT GIVE A RATS ASS WHO'S ON THIS ROSTER AS LONG AS THEY DO 3 THINGS EVERY SINGLE MINUTE.

1)play hard--defense is desire and effort, nothing more
2)play smart--knowing when to pass, shoot, rotate
2)play unselfish--sacrificing, sacrificing, sacrificing

rose would never be my 1st, 2nd or 3rd option, but for 2 mill, I would pick him over session, thats my personally preference.

Part of my dislike for sessions is the fact that he blew us off when MDA so desperately needed a PG, so maybe im a little bias.

The nerve of you to sit there and get on me, when those where the exact same reasons I said phil wouldn't it make to the end of his contract, and I was label by you,this phil hater..


At the end of the day, I may not be in favor of the moves these GMS, and presidents may make, but I will always root for the knicks to win

You list out 3 things you want players to do
Then you say you would pick Rose for two million, because he doesn't do any of those three things
And you were one of Melo's biggest supporters, the one player in the NBA, who stood against doing all three till the bitter end.

Got it.

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
HofstraBBall
Posts: 22194
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

10/6/2017  11:27 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:knicks1248.. who would you have brought in? So far Rose and Rondo. Who are you bringing in to upgrade the defense Mr. DontMakeMeLaugh? Cause your proposals of Rose/Rondo are beyond laughable.

I'm getting players that fit my coaches style, this is why we continue to fail over and over again, we keep bringing in players and hope to convert them into how we would like them to be.

Why you think phil failed, we kept bringing in players that could not play in the triangle, did we think Rose would all of sudden turn into fisher, kerr, Bj Armstrong, did we think Melo would turn into Jordan, pippen or Kobe.

Now we have JH who want's to play a uptempo style, 3 guard alignment like he did with the suns, and we saddle him with 5 centers, and more suspect defenders (even though he's not really a defensive coach).

This is a classic post. You say he wants to run an uptempo offense and they "saddled him with 5 centers." However you seem to leave out they drafted 2 new guards, brought the good defensive one back and signed another coming off a great year.

Typical crap you spout.

AGain... who are the more suspect defenders? And who were the players you wanted instead? Kanter and McBuckets came in the Melo trade and are actually pretty good. No.. they arent good defenders, but they bring other talents. Who were you getting? Name the names... Rose and Rondo right? Your a BB genius

So let me see if I understand you, you didnt want rose because he didnt pass enough, or play defense, and all he really did was score, yet your cool with bringing in 2 players, who don't even avg 1 assist, don't play defense, and basically are good at scoring.

rose and rondo, who both had several teams vying for their services,,but jack and sessions had no team reaching out until everyone else was gone.


Are you aware that if Phil was here, THJ would not be here, rose would be here, and maybe Anderson, and you were a major supporter of phil.

So you support Phil bringing back rose, but not me...

NOBODY wanted Rondo or Rose. That is why both signed for less money than guys like Ron Baker, Langston Galloway, Cole Aldridge. Those guys are veteran scrap heap players signed by teams trying to catch some veteran lightning in a bottle. Kind of like Sessions, who is here to mentor Ntilikina (another thing you struggle to grasp).

The Knicks have said this is about BUILDING. So you target players that are young with upside.

You harp on Kanter and McBuckets, but I will ask you again. Show me a better Melo trade. You cant, because there wasnt one, so the Knicks took the best package they could get and they got a couple of 25 year old guys worth taking a look at.

I was NEVER a major "supporter" of Phil. Another thing you are making up. Phil did a good job with our draft, a terrible job signing FAs, a terrible job managing a coaching staff, a terrible job interacting with the media and every other human. So you can just shut up about that as well. Player development improved under Phil, but thats about it.

So yea... Rose is 29, sucked, only out for himself and was talking about how much he loved the Knicks dying for another $20mm+ a year payday. Rondo is 31 years old and is a shell of his former self. He led the league in assists for Sac and they had ZERO interest in bringing him back. Geee... I wonder why?

The Knicks got a couple of good young players for Melo who are 25 and not attached to bad contracts... so yea. Im "cool" with that. Anything else?

Your so funny. You just make up stuff. Its like you read 5% of the story and just make up the rest.

Here's the thing your not getting about my thinking..I DONT GIVE A RATS ASS WHO'S ON THIS ROSTER AS LONG AS THEY DO 3 THINGS EVERY SINGLE MINUTE.

1)play hard--defense is desire and effort, nothing more
2)play smart--knowing when to pass, shoot, rotate
2)play unselfish--sacrificing, sacrificing, sacrificing

rose would never be my 1st, 2nd or 3rd option, but for 2 mill, I would pick him over session, thats my personally preference.

Part of my dislike for sessions is the fact that he blew us off when MDA so desperately needed a PG, so maybe im a little bias.

The nerve of you to sit there and get on me, when those where the exact same reasons I said phil wouldn't it make to the end of his contract, and I was label by you,this phil hater..


At the end of the day, I may not be in favor of the moves these GMS, and presidents may make, but I will always root for the knicks to win

You list out 3 things you want players to do
Then you say you would pick Rose for two million, because he doesn't do any of those three things
And you were one of Melo's biggest supporters, the one player in the NBA, who stood against doing all three till the bitter end.

Got it.

He said Rose over Sessions for 2M. SHYAT for brains.

Melo Haters = Lin lovers who are mad Houston paid so much for his 15 Minutes,
nixluva
Posts: 54632
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/6/2017  11:32 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I am absolutely baffled as to why the knicks didn't go hard after rondo...with only 3 mill deal..I would definitely trade KOQ for rondo..I just see him as a perfect fit, and mentor for frank and KP.

I don't think Stubborn Personalities fit with Jeff's coaching style. We've had enough DRAMA and as good as Rondo is there's a risk of trouble with him.

In short, he is not stubborn. Rondo is a bit of a savant and has incredible analytical skills. I have read he sees things in absolute terms and thus when he does not agree, he is unable to see thru the abstract, apply patience, or participate despite this conflict. That does not make him wrong, but it makes for a lousy mentorship.

I think we're arguing semantics here. Stubborn vs "sees things in absolute terms"! Whatever you prefer that's not a personality type you'd want to stick Hornacek with.


Did Rondo even want to come here and fill that role? He went to a slightly better situation to a team that had more money to offer at the time. It all goes back THJ signing. Did you want THJ or would you be satisfied bring Holiday back on a short-term deal and bringing in a guy like Rondo?
sigh... classic knicks1248. Complain about every guy that comes in here. Who does he want? Derrick Rose back. Or Rondo.. I guy who is always hurt, cant be one of the most difficult people to deal with in the league, is 31 years old and hasnt played defense in about 5 years. Oh, and his assist #s are so overrated they often call them "rondo assists."

classis fish, making up stuff, who am I complaining about????????? please name one player on this roster, or any roster that i have complained about.


If you took a poll, between rondo and session, it's a no brainer, which is why sessions was at the very bottom of the FA list, and had zero offers form 29 other teams. I would rather Rondo then KOQ because we have 5 centers

If the knicks got him, you would be thrilled, you just have to find away to disagree with me on damn near everything, and you always make up excuses for everyone we bring in. Knicks bring in a bad defender, some of you think miraculously he'll become a better defender, shooter, passer, whatever, in a knick uniform.

Were about 5 yrs late on both jack and session, actually rondo too, but he is still a better option.

you have repeatedly blasted management for saying we need to defend better, than you harp on how they brought in Kanter, McBuckets, Sessions and THjr and say we added all guy who dont play defense. You have done this several times. Then you say we should have resigned Rose and brought in Rondo. Two guys who havent played defense in years.

Nothing about Rondo is a no brainer. He's hasnt been good for years, and last time he went to a winning team to play for a coach who won a title they dumped him and called it bringing him in a huge mistake.

You spout your opinions (which are usually beyond silly) and you back them up with facts based on your opinions, like "this is a no brainer."

phil wanted to resign rose, and I still would pick rose over sessions and jack, and so would 90% of Gm's around the league.

You damn right I blasted the FO for bringing in a bunch of suspect defenders, although 2 months ago they were quoted as saying we're making defense a HIGH PRIORITY and were going to start by acquiring some of the worst defenders in the league..don't make me laugh dude

Cmon fish maan, you know these guys are not even adequate defenders, It's like saying i want a fast sporty car and then go out and buy a Ford focus.

rondo maybe a bit of a head case, but we once trade for a player who choked his damn coach, and how did that turn out.

The cap space is primarily the only reason we probably didn't pursue Rondo. Once the triangle was in the pass, rondo was a better option

Not bringing back DRose seems like a plan to give opportunities for Nitty and Baker to earn minutes and not have an angry DRose who feels he should get big minutes. This makes sense for a rebuild.

Aa for the Defense aspect, this isn't NBA 2K. Sometimes you have to take who you can get and try to coach them up. How many YOUNG Elite defenders are just floating around to be signed? They did draft Nitty and Dotson who have very good defensive potential. THJ has improved as a defender and could continue to get better.


Seriously its not like Kawhaii Leonard was asking to play for the Knicks. SF is going to be an issue this year, I don't see any way around that. If Hardaway can be an above average defender,if Nitty fulfills his defensive potential the backcourt will be fine. The frontcourt is where we have issues. KP is like Melo all over again, both wanted to play down a spot because it makes it easier on them offensively. KP doesn't have the agility to guard the position. This year I don't care because the roster is so heavily loaded in the frontcourt we are forced to play 2 bigs, but in 2 years they better not get bogged down with all these Centers again. I mean seriously if we could spend 20 million on a SF instead of Noah or even Kanter we probably get in the playoffs

The good thing is Nitty and KP are 19 and 22!!! There's time to continue to perfect this roster. I can't wait to see if Dotson can fight his way into the rotation cuz he's a good defender.

knicks1248
Posts: 36058
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
10/6/2017  12:00 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:knicks1248.. who would you have brought in? So far Rose and Rondo. Who are you bringing in to upgrade the defense Mr. DontMakeMeLaugh? Cause your proposals of Rose/Rondo are beyond laughable.

I'm getting players that fit my coaches style, this is why we continue to fail over and over again, we keep bringing in players and hope to convert them into how we would like them to be.

Why you think phil failed, we kept bringing in players that could not play in the triangle, did we think Rose would all of sudden turn into fisher, kerr, Bj Armstrong, did we think Melo would turn into Jordan, pippen or Kobe.

Now we have JH who want's to play a uptempo style, 3 guard alignment like he did with the suns, and we saddle him with 5 centers, and more suspect defenders (even though he's not really a defensive coach).

This is a classic post. You say he wants to run an uptempo offense and they "saddled him with 5 centers." However you seem to leave out they drafted 2 new guards, brought the good defensive one back and signed another coming off a great year.

Typical crap you spout.

AGain... who are the more suspect defenders? And who were the players you wanted instead? Kanter and McBuckets came in the Melo trade and are actually pretty good. No.. they arent good defenders, but they bring other talents. Who were you getting? Name the names... Rose and Rondo right? Your a BB genius

So let me see if I understand you, you didnt want rose because he didnt pass enough, or play defense, and all he really did was score, yet your cool with bringing in 2 players, who don't even avg 1 assist, don't play defense, and basically are good at scoring.

rose and rondo, who both had several teams vying for their services,,but jack and sessions had no team reaching out until everyone else was gone.


Are you aware that if Phil was here, THJ would not be here, rose would be here, and maybe Anderson, and you were a major supporter of phil.

So you support Phil bringing back rose, but not me...

NOBODY wanted Rondo or Rose. That is why both signed for less money than guys like Ron Baker, Langston Galloway, Cole Aldridge. Those guys are veteran scrap heap players signed by teams trying to catch some veteran lightning in a bottle. Kind of like Sessions, who is here to mentor Ntilikina (another thing you struggle to grasp).

The Knicks have said this is about BUILDING. So you target players that are young with upside.

You harp on Kanter and McBuckets, but I will ask you again. Show me a better Melo trade. You cant, because there wasnt one, so the Knicks took the best package they could get and they got a couple of 25 year old guys worth taking a look at.

I was NEVER a major "supporter" of Phil. Another thing you are making up. Phil did a good job with our draft, a terrible job signing FAs, a terrible job managing a coaching staff, a terrible job interacting with the media and every other human. So you can just shut up about that as well. Player development improved under Phil, but thats about it.

So yea... Rose is 29, sucked, only out for himself and was talking about how much he loved the Knicks dying for another $20mm+ a year payday. Rondo is 31 years old and is a shell of his former self. He led the league in assists for Sac and they had ZERO interest in bringing him back. Geee... I wonder why?

The Knicks got a couple of good young players for Melo who are 25 and not attached to bad contracts... so yea. Im "cool" with that. Anything else?

Your so funny. You just make up stuff. Its like you read 5% of the story and just make up the rest.

Here's the thing your not getting about my thinking..I DONT GIVE A RATS ASS WHO'S ON THIS ROSTER AS LONG AS THEY DO 3 THINGS EVERY SINGLE MINUTE.

1)play hard--defense is desire and effort, nothing more
2)play smart--knowing when to pass, shoot, rotate
2)play unselfish--sacrificing, sacrificing, sacrificing

rose would never be my 1st, 2nd or 3rd option, but for 2 mill, I would pick him over session, thats my personally preference.

Part of my dislike for sessions is the fact that he blew us off when MDA so desperately needed a PG, so maybe im a little bias.

The nerve of you to sit there and get on me, when those where the exact same reasons I said phil wouldn't it make to the end of his contract, and I was label by you,this phil hater..


At the end of the day, I may not be in favor of the moves these GMS, and presidents may make, but I will always root for the knicks to win

You list out 3 things you want players to do
Then you say you would pick Rose for two million, because he doesn't do any of those three things
And you were one of Melo's biggest supporters, the one player in the NBA, who stood against doing all three till the bitter end.

Got it.

I liked melo, but I like the knicks better, at the end of the day, I want whats best for my team. I didn't care weather he came or left, as long as we got better.

Thats yet to be seen so I can't comment on that so much, but if we had to judge on paper...smh

ES
fishmike
Posts: 47407
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
10/6/2017  12:15 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:knicks1248.. who would you have brought in? So far Rose and Rondo. Who are you bringing in to upgrade the defense Mr. DontMakeMeLaugh? Cause your proposals of Rose/Rondo are beyond laughable.

I'm getting players that fit my coaches style, this is why we continue to fail over and over again, we keep bringing in players and hope to convert them into how we would like them to be.

Why you think phil failed, we kept bringing in players that could not play in the triangle, did we think Rose would all of sudden turn into fisher, kerr, Bj Armstrong, did we think Melo would turn into Jordan, pippen or Kobe.

Now we have JH who want's to play a uptempo style, 3 guard alignment like he did with the suns, and we saddle him with 5 centers, and more suspect defenders (even though he's not really a defensive coach).

This is a classic post. You say he wants to run an uptempo offense and they "saddled him with 5 centers." However you seem to leave out they drafted 2 new guards, brought the good defensive one back and signed another coming off a great year.

Typical crap you spout.

AGain... who are the more suspect defenders? And who were the players you wanted instead? Kanter and McBuckets came in the Melo trade and are actually pretty good. No.. they arent good defenders, but they bring other talents. Who were you getting? Name the names... Rose and Rondo right? Your a BB genius

So let me see if I understand you, you didnt want rose because he didnt pass enough, or play defense, and all he really did was score, yet your cool with bringing in 2 players, who don't even avg 1 assist, don't play defense, and basically are good at scoring.

rose and rondo, who both had several teams vying for their services,,but jack and sessions had no team reaching out until everyone else was gone.


Are you aware that if Phil was here, THJ would not be here, rose would be here, and maybe Anderson, and you were a major supporter of phil.

So you support Phil bringing back rose, but not me...

NOBODY wanted Rondo or Rose. That is why both signed for less money than guys like Ron Baker, Langston Galloway, Cole Aldridge. Those guys are veteran scrap heap players signed by teams trying to catch some veteran lightning in a bottle. Kind of like Sessions, who is here to mentor Ntilikina (another thing you struggle to grasp).

The Knicks have said this is about BUILDING. So you target players that are young with upside.

You harp on Kanter and McBuckets, but I will ask you again. Show me a better Melo trade. You cant, because there wasnt one, so the Knicks took the best package they could get and they got a couple of 25 year old guys worth taking a look at.

I was NEVER a major "supporter" of Phil. Another thing you are making up. Phil did a good job with our draft, a terrible job signing FAs, a terrible job managing a coaching staff, a terrible job interacting with the media and every other human. So you can just shut up about that as well. Player development improved under Phil, but thats about it.

So yea... Rose is 29, sucked, only out for himself and was talking about how much he loved the Knicks dying for another $20mm+ a year payday. Rondo is 31 years old and is a shell of his former self. He led the league in assists for Sac and they had ZERO interest in bringing him back. Geee... I wonder why?

The Knicks got a couple of good young players for Melo who are 25 and not attached to bad contracts... so yea. Im "cool" with that. Anything else?

Your so funny. You just make up stuff. Its like you read 5% of the story and just make up the rest.

Here's the thing your not getting about my thinking..I DONT GIVE A RATS ASS WHO'S ON THIS ROSTER AS LONG AS THEY DO 3 THINGS EVERY SINGLE MINUTE.

1)play hard--defense is desire and effort, nothing more
2)play smart--knowing when to pass, shoot, rotate
2)play unselfish--sacrificing, sacrificing, sacrificing

rose would never be my 1st, 2nd or 3rd option, but for 2 mill, I would pick him over session, thats my personally preference.

Part of my dislike for sessions is the fact that he blew us off when MDA so desperately needed a PG, so maybe im a little bias.

The nerve of you to sit there and get on me, when those where the exact same reasons I said phil wouldn't it make to the end of his contract, and I was label by you,this phil hater..


At the end of the day, I may not be in favor of the moves these GMS, and presidents may make, but I will always root for the knicks to win

You list out 3 things you want players to do
Then you say you would pick Rose for two million, because he doesn't do any of those three things
And you were one of Melo's biggest supporters, the one player in the NBA, who stood against doing all three till the bitter end.

Got it.

I liked melo, but I like the knicks better, at the end of the day, I want whats best for my team. I didn't care weather he came or left, as long as we got better.

Thats yet to be seen so I can't comment on that so much, but if we had to judge on paper...smh

bottom line is if you hadnt been so which before it wouldnt have mattered! Thats why you dont get it! SMH!!
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
Is Frank Ntilikina...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.