[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is Frank Ntilikina...
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/4/2017  8:55 AM
I am absolutely baffled as to why the knicks didn't go hard after rondo...with only 3 mill deal..I would definitely trade KOQ for rondo..I just see him as a perfect fit, and mentor for frank and KP.
ES
AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/4/2017  10:38 AM
knicks1248 wrote:I am absolutely baffled as to why the knicks didn't go hard after rondo...

No you aren't, not really.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/4/2017  11:16 AM
knicks1248 wrote:I am absolutely baffled as to why the knicks didn't go hard after rondo...with only 3 mill deal..I would definitely trade KOQ for rondo..I just see him as a perfect fit, and mentor for frank and KP.

You have read as to why Rondo would not be a good fit. You choose not to agree with that.
That is your choice.
Its not just Nalod or anyone here.
When you understand who Rondo is vs. his basketball talent then you start to understand why.

The questions you need to ask yourself is when has he been a good mentor? When he has not agreed with his coach, what has been his disposition toward the issue?
Does a person of high IQ, or specifically able to possess great knowledge a good teacher of that knowledge?
What are his personality traits that lend itself to being a good mentor, or a bad one?
He has bounced around since he departed Boston. Ainge wanted to trade him but wanted good value in return. Then he blew his knee out.

If you seek those answers then you might not be so baffled if you find the answers. If you refuse to accept them, then its your personal opinion void of any process to have reached that position. Some call that "alternative facts".

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/4/2017  11:18 AM
knicks1248 wrote:I am absolutely baffled as to why the knicks didn't go hard after rondo...with only 3 mill deal..I would definitely trade KOQ for rondo..I just see him as a perfect fit, and mentor for frank and KP.

I don't think Stubborn Personalities fit with Jeff's coaching style. We've had enough DRAMA and as good as Rondo is there's a risk of trouble with him.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/4/2017  11:27 AM
nixluva wrote:

I don't think Stubborn Personalities fit with Jeff's coaching style. We've had enough DRAMA and as good as Rondo is there's a risk of trouble with him.

In short, he is not stubborn. Rondo is a bit of a savant and has incredible analytical skills. I have read he sees things in absolute terms and thus when he does not agree, he is unable to see thru the abstract, apply patience, or participate despite this conflict. That does not make him wrong, but it makes for a lousy mentorship.

nixluva
USA
10/4/2017  12:19 PM
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:

In short, he is not stubborn. Rondo is a bit of a savant and has incredible analytical skills. I have read he sees things in absolute terms and thus when he does not agree, he is unable to see thru the abstract, apply patience, or participate despite this conflict. That does not make him wrong, but it makes for a lousy mentorship.

I think we're arguing semantics here. Stubborn vs "sees things in absolute terms"! Whatever you prefer that's not a personality type you'd want to stick Hornacek with.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/4/2017  12:28 PM
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I think we're arguing semantics here. Stubborn vs "sees things in absolute terms"! Whatever you prefer that's not a personality type you'd want to stick Hornacek with.

Did Rondo even want to come here and fill that role? He went to a slightly better situation to a team that had more money to offer at the time. It all goes back THJ signing. Did you want THJ or would you be satisfied bring Holiday back on a short-term deal and bringing in a guy like Rondo?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/4/2017  12:44 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Did Rondo even want to come here and fill that role? He went to a slightly better situation to a team that had more money to offer at the time. It all goes back THJ signing. Did you want THJ or would you be satisfied bring Holiday back on a short-term deal and bringing in a guy like Rondo?

You know the routine. We sign Rondo then when it doesn't work out we either blame Jeff for not making it work. Or we blame Perry/Mills for signing Rondo because he should have known who Rondo was. All for the reward of maybe just maybe Rondo is good enough to maybe get us to the 8th seed.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nixluva
USA
10/4/2017  2:17 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You know the routine. We sign Rondo then when it doesn't work out we either blame Jeff for not making it work. Or we blame Perry/Mills for signing Rondo because he should have known who Rondo was. All for the reward of maybe just maybe Rondo is good enough to maybe get us to the 8th seed.

Yeah! I prefer the route this FO took. We have a much cleaner slate with few if any side drama. We can just develop the young talent naturally minus the distractions. These kids need to PLAY and LEARN.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/4/2017  3:44 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:

sigh... classic knicks1248. Complain about every guy that comes in here. Who does he want? Derrick Rose back. Or Rondo.. I guy who is always hurt, cant be one of the most difficult people to deal with in the league, is 31 years old and hasnt played defense in about 5 years. Oh, and his assist #s are so overrated they often call them "rondo assists."
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
blkexec
Member: #748
10/4/2017  11:10 PM
Back to Frank Ntilikina...

Sessions or Jack are better high character guys to have around a young rookie Euro PG, in the biggest NBA market.............

Rondo is a ticking time bomb....................

Frank has a very hi IQ around the same age. Trading Melo gave Frank more opportunities to take over, and be more aggressive in scoring. I think his scoring ability in the NBA will be a 1000x better than what it is now. By mid year, he will probably look like a full time starter. Quick learner, Humble, Natural Leader, Shooter, Defender, Passer, Creator, Pick and Roll, etc................

If it was me, I would've drafted Dennis Jr (just being honest)..........but Frank has a higher ceiling to me, as a true impact player filling multiple stats, with an added bonus of being one of the young top defenders in the NBA right now, at the most important position in the NBA.....Guard. As the NBA continues to grow towards the guards carrying the scoring load, you need two way defenders like Frank. (Lee, Hardaway)

Gotta give Phil all the credit for that. He did the same thing with KP, and went against the norm, and that paid off. Looks like he may have struck gold again with Frank......."IF".......He figures out how and if he can take over an NBA game of grown men, which currently separates Frank from the young elites. If you guys remember, I've said this all along, he's a taller version on Charlie Ward......Don't sleep on Ward, he carried us a few times.......Hit big shots, and created off the drible......Solid high IQ player

But when Frank figures it out.......It's over! And I believe his IQ will help him grow fast as KP grows, which could form a nice young duo. Thats a solid championship ingredient to build a team around. Now all we need is THj to step up and become a top 15 NBA player.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nixluva
USA
10/5/2017  12:16 AM
blkexec wrote:Back to Frank Ntilikina...

Sessions or Jack are better high character guys to have around a young rookie Euro PG, in the biggest NBA market.............

Frank has a very hi IQ around the same age. Trading Melo gave Frank more opportunities to take over, and be more aggressive in scoring. I think his scoring ability in the NBA will be a 1000x better than what it is now. By mid year, he will probably look like a full time starter. Quick learner, Humble, Natural Leader, Shooter, Defender, Passer, Creator, Pick and Roll, etc................

If it was me, I would've drafted Dennis Jr (just being honest)..........but Frank has a higher ceiling to me, as a true impact player filling multiple stats, with an added bonus of being one of the young top defenders in the NBA right now, at the most important position in the NBA.....Guard. As the NBA continues to grow towards the guards carrying the scoring load, you need two way defenders like Frank. (Lee, Hardaway)

Gotta give Phil all the credit for that. He did the same thing with KP, and went against the norm, and that paid off. Looks like he may have struck gold again with Frank......."IF".......He figures out how and if he can take over an NBA game of grown men, which currently separates Frank from the young elites. If you guys remember, I've said this all along, he's a taller version on Charlie Ward......Don't sleep on Ward, he carried us a few times.......Hit big shots, and created off the drible......Solid high IQ player

But when Frank figures it out.......It's over! And I believe his IQ will help him grow fast as KP grows, which could form a nice young duo. Thats a solid championship ingredient to build a team around. Now all we need is THj to step up and become a top 15 NBA player.

I agree with this. I has my doubts about Nitty but as I said before the draft if Phil drafted him it was going to be about his talent and potential. I trust Phil and Gaines when it comes to drafting. This is a great spot for a pass first PG. Jeff has a guard friendly style and this team has lots of scorers to pass to.

blkexec
Member: #748
10/5/2017  1:10 AM
nixluva wrote:
blkexec wrote:Back to Frank Ntilikina...

I agree with this. I has my doubts about Nitty but as I said before the draft if Phil drafted him it was going to be about his talent and potential. I trust Phil and Gaines when it comes to drafting. This is a great spot for a pass first PG. Jeff has a guard friendly style and this team has lots of scorers to pass to.

Good story Nix......about your boys (I know I'm late....lol)

I also read somewhere in 1914, US men on average was the third tallest in the world. Now we don't even crack the top 15.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/5/2017  6:54 AM
Ntilikina's three point shooting form looks good.
He has good instincts.
Constantly looks for an open teammate.
He was one of the few Knicks with a positive +/- rating.

Defensive talent is there, but he is far from ready to be a great defender at the NBA level. Has to get used to the
speed and constant switching.

I think Phil made a great call. This is a unique player. He's a real point guard with the sense of wanting to run the offense right, pass the ball to open players, and show floor general leadership. Nothing like Rose at all. Rose was the exact opposite. Nti will not score 20 a night but he will make an impact. His jumpshot looks really good. I don't see any reason for us to be upset with this pick. He will be the youngest player drafted into the league this year.

knicks1248
10/5/2017  8:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/5/2017  9:40 AM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:

sigh... classic knicks1248. Complain about every guy that comes in here. Who does he want? Derrick Rose back. Or Rondo.. I guy who is always hurt, cant be one of the most difficult people to deal with in the league, is 31 years old and hasnt played defense in about 5 years. Oh, and his assist #s are so overrated they often call them "rondo assists."

classic fish, making up stuff, who am I complaining about????????? please name one player on this roster, or any roster that i have complained about.

If you took a poll, between rondo and session, it's a no brainer, which is why sessions was at the very bottom of the FA list, and had zero offers form 29 other teams. I would rather Rondo then KOQ because we have 5 centers

If the knicks got him, you would be thrilled, you just have to find away to disagree with me on damn near everything, and you always make up excuses for everyone we bring in. Knicks bring in a bad defender, some of you think miraculously he'll become a better defender, shooter, passer, whatever, in a knick uniform.

Were about 5 yrs late on both jack and session, actually rondo too, but he is still a better option.

ES
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/5/2017  8:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/5/2017  8:42 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:

classis fish, making up stuff, who am I complaining about????????? please name one player on this roster, or any roster that i have complained about.

If you took a poll, between rondo and session, it's a no brainer, which is why sessions was at the very bottom of the FA list, and had zero offers form 29 other teams. I would rather Rondo then KOQ because we have 5 centers

If the knicks got him, you would be thrilled, you just have to find away to disagree with me on damn near everything, and you always make up excuses for everyone we bring in. Knicks bring in a bad defender, some of you think miraculously he'll become a better defender, shooter, passer, whatever, in a knick uniform.

Were about 5 yrs late on both jack and session, actually rondo too, but he is still a better option.

What do GM's think:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/mavs-news-nba-gms-pick-dennis-smith-jr-as-biggest-steal-of-the-draft/amp/

Still way too early.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/5/2017  9:08 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:

classis fish, making up stuff, who am I complaining about????????? please name one player on this roster, or any roster that i have complained about.

you have repeatedly blasted management for saying we need to defend better, than you harp on how they brought in Kanter, McBuckets, Sessions and THjr and say we added all guy who dont play defense. You have done this several times. Then you say we should have resigned Rose and brought in Rondo. Two guys who havent played defense in years.

Nothing about Rondo is a no brainer. He's hasnt been good for years, and last time he went to a winning team to play for a coach who won a title they dumped him and called it bringing him in a huge mistake.

You spout your opinions (which are usually beyond silly) and you back them up with facts based on your opinions, like "this is a no brainer."

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/5/2017  9:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/5/2017  9:29 AM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:

you have repeatedly blasted management for saying we need to defend better, than you harp on how they brought in Kanter, McBuckets, Sessions and THjr and say we added all guy who dont play defense. You have done this several times. Then you say we should have resigned Rose and brought in Rondo. Two guys who havent played defense in years.

Nothing about Rondo is a no brainer. He's hasnt been good for years, and last time he went to a winning team to play for a coach who won a title they dumped him and called it bringing him in a huge mistake.

You spout your opinions (which are usually beyond silly) and you back them up with facts based on your opinions, like "this is a no brainer."

Think both are fair points. Rose and Rondo do not fit the defensive posture. However, Buckets, THJ, Kanter are far from defensive players as well. Rondo would have been better than sessions but that's assuming he was open to coming here. 1248 has to keep in mind, except for Timmy and Sessions, the other two were the best we could do. Considering management wanted a fresh start without Melo.

Btw. Just don't think we will see a Piston type team winning a chip anytime soon. Which seems to be what the Knicks and fans are trying to accomplish. The NBA is no longer in the 80's.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/5/2017  10:10 AM
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
10/5/2017  10:27 AM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:

phil wanted to resign rose, and I still would pick rose over sessions and jack, and so would 90% of Gm's around the league.

You damn right I blasted the FO for bringing in a bunch of suspect defenders, although 2 months ago they were quoted as saying we're making defense a HIGH PRIORITY and were going to start by acquiring some of the worst defenders in the league..don't make me laugh dude

Cmon fish maan, you know these guys are not even adequate defenders, It's like saying i want a fast sporty car and then go out and buy a Ford focus.

rondo maybe a bit of a head case, but we once trade for a player who choked his damn coach, and how did that turn out.

The cap space is primarily the only reason we probably didn't pursue Rondo. Once the triangle was in the pass, rondo was a better option

ES
Is Frank Ntilikina...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy