[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

JR Smith Shumpert and Brooklyn#1
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/4/2017  6:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/4/2017  6:17 PM
Gilbert saying he might sell the Cavs in a couple of years might have something to do with his apparent willingness to trade what should be a high pick. Maybe wants one more run with LeBron before he sells the team.
AUTOADVERT
TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
9/4/2017  9:39 PM
I say keep Melo. The CAVS are not giving up the Net's Pick for Melo and I don't think they have their own pick. If they do, and they were willing to offer their first round pick, JR Smith and SHumpert for Melo, and we were able to get a third team involved that would take JR Smith for a first or second round pick, then I would do the deal. Two picks and Shumpert (who can play small forward) would be decent at this point for Melo. Barring that, I would keep Melo. I have no problem with him being on the team, but Horny needs to ride him hard about moving the ball. I think the Knicks are at the point of trading Melo for any deal that does not hamper our future, but if Melo only wants to go to Houston, then there is no deal like that to be made. He does not want to go to the CAVS for whatever reason, and he does not seem to realize that teams like Portland would give him a great chance to compete for a championship. So I say just keep him on the team until he decides he wants to open up the number of teams he is willing to be traded too. Melo will fold at some point once he realizes the Knicks are not going to flinch.
Trust the Process
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/6/2017  8:40 PM
I cannot see Melo moving to fabulous Cleveland so he can wave goodbye to Lebron.

Would love that pick though.

GustavBahler

9/7/2017  9:19 AM
jrodmc wrote:I cannot see Melo moving to fabulous Cleveland so he can wave goodbye to Lebron.

Probably not unless LeBron commits to playing in Cleveland for the next few years, and I dont believe lebron will reveal his plans until next summer. Too late for Melo.

Otherwise Melo wants to go to Houston so he can re-up for the max, and contend beyond next season.

Kemet
Member: #6148

9/7/2017  11:48 PM
The Lebron Cavs are not giving up Shump n JR.Smith Defensive-Tenacity on their opponents guards n SF throughout a 82 game season.
The Cavs really needed Dellavedova defensive-effort in the past FINALS .. because Kyrie Irving, Kover, Deron did not show any effort on defense throughout the FINALS.

So far in the upcoming season the Cavs roster are full of non-defensive effort guards to put into the cavs rotation lineups in the regular season having D.Rose, Calderon, Kover, Isaiah, and probably Deron Williams .. No more to be said!

The Cavs crunchtime game lineup might be ...
PG-Lebron
SG-Shump
SF-JR.Smith
PF-Crowder
C-Tristan

Kemet
Member: #6148

9/7/2017  11:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/7/2017  11:51 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
jrodmc wrote:I cannot see Melo moving to fabulous Cleveland so he can wave goodbye to Lebron.

Probably not unless LeBron commits to playing in Cleveland for the next few years, and I dont believe lebron will reveal his plans until next summer. Too late for Melo.

Otherwise Melo wants to go to Houston so he can re-up for the max, and contend beyond next season.

Yep .. Houston would be right for Melo sake .. but not right for the Knicks sake !!!

GustavBahler

9/8/2017  9:01 AM
Kemet wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Yep .. Houston would be right for Melo sake .. but not right for the Knicks sake !!!

Not with what Houston is offering. Just hope that Perry sticks to his guns and doesn't cave before the season starts, if he doesnt see a good deal for the Knicks. Im sure they know that Melo is practicing with teammates, getting ready for the season. No drama. Wont be the worst thing in the world if Melo opts out next year, without us giving up the farm to move him.

JR Smith Shumpert and Brooklyn#1

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy