[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Vecsey: Porzingis Skipped Exit Meeting Due To Feud With Hornacek
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
8/31/2017  8:51 PM
I reiterate that KP has to learn what he's being groomed for and accept the challenge to improve! Melo and DRose are irrelevant and not the future of the franchise! He simply can't be so thin skinned!!!

The Media is going to look to drive a wedge between KP and this team so he can't take the bait. KP is IMO being poorly advised if this is how he's going to respond to tough coaching. He needs to take his anger out on opponents and F'n Man up! We don't need him to develop into a primadonna.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/31/2017  9:07 PM
nixluva wrote:I reiterate that KP has to learn what he's being groomed for and accept the challenge to improve! Melo and DRose are irrelevant and not the future of the franchise! He simply can't be so thin skinned!!!

The Media is going to look to drive a wedge between KP and this team so he can't take the bait. KP is IMO being poorly advised if this is how he's going to respond to tough coaching. He needs to take his anger out on opponents and F'n Man up! We don't need him to develop into a primadonna.

Nix, none of this stuff came out until July. KP was back home at that point. He didn't leak this. KP has handled the media very well and aside from the tweet/instagram post where he was 'hacked' has stayed above the fray.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
8/31/2017  9:42 PM
Podcast with Charlie Rosen from 6/28 on Phil's firing, Knicks etc. I did not hear this back when it happened. Rosen says a lot of interesting things including talking about KP saying disrespectful things to the coaching staff, PJax not being a good communicator etc.
https://www.fanragsports.com/podcast/relatively-speaking-podcast-charley-rosen-guests-talk-phil-jackson/
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

8/31/2017  10:00 PM
anrst wrote:must be a leak from phil

Survival strategy would be a leak from Steve Mills. Mills and Hornacek are on the chopping block this year, they are part of the previous regime. Usually when a lame duck housecleaning in order season is about to happen, the head coach and GM usually start a public feud to try to pin the blame on the other, to survive just a little longer.

Base point - Words versus actions. No one knows exactly who said what. We do know that Zinger didn't show up to his exit meeting.

What's the upside? There is none.

Either Hornacek offended him, and he can't take a hit from his coach

Or he felt two wrongs make a right, that he was offended and had the right to stop being a professional

Both are crappy end results

Long term, the Knicks are likely to fire Hornacek this season or immediately after it, and they are going to have a hell of a time finding a competent coach with experience to run this team. This team will look like a death sentence for an NBA coaching career. Guys who just want to get in for their first job and get experience, sure, those guys will take the job. But veteran guys who have options will walk away. Just like they all walked from Kobe's last years in LA.

Team needs to trade Zinger off this team.

Either road this goes down, it's ugly. It reeks of poor character on his part.

Speaking of respect, Phil Jackson basically wrote in both books, how he had to angle and literally beg Kobe Bryant to play some kind of defense. This is a HOF coach even back then, with tons of rings, and the most success as a coach in NBA history. People talk about "respect" as if most NBA players have any.

CrushAlot
USA
8/31/2017  10:11 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Podcast with Charlie Rosen from 6/28 on Phil's firing, Knicks etc. I did not hear this back when it happened. Rosen says a lot of interesting things including talking about KP saying disrespectful things to the coaching staff, PJax not being a good communicator etc.
https://www.fanragsports.com/podcast/relatively-speaking-podcast-charley-rosen-guests-talk-phil-jackson/
Interesting podcast. Rosen also said Phil had complete autonomy, and that Dolan doesn't like Rambis. He talked a bit about RAmbis and said Minny ruined Rambis and has made it not possible for him to be a head coach and even limits his effectiveness as an assistant. Rosen was pretty hard on Melo and also talked about knowing Karl from the cba and how he was disgusted with the modern nba player etc.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/31/2017  10:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:The trolls are singing a different tune now, sounds like a new primary target is being acquired. Poor Jeff - his days as coach are numbered. Wait till every tweet on the internet about why he shouldn't have yelled at KP becomes a new thread. Same **** different target. The script for 2017-18 season is all but set. It will be Jeff's fault that Melo/THJR keep shooting and the offense doesn't flow through KP, or rather the offense doesn't flow,period. To be fai they will also blame the rookie - fire Jeff/Trade Frank. KP will let Dolan know its either him or the coach...he is learning from the best coach killer of all time.

No matter how many Coaches, GMs and Presidents are recycled through the front office for some completely "unknown" reason the dysfunction will continue.

I am curious how you would recommend this situation be handled. Do you trade KP? Do you tell him to man up, vets like Rose and Melo are treated differently because of who they are and their deficiencies and behaviors are not his concern? Do you fire Jeff for not confronting Melo and Rose for their poor play, Rose's AWOL, locker room issues etc. Do you wait to see if things improve because KP's deal isn't up yet?
In my opinion a new gm/pres should hire his own coach that shares his vision. Grunwald's coach was Woodson, Phil's coach was Kerr and the coach that shared his vision last year was Rambis. I think Mills ends up with his own coach after this season but the smart move probably was to bring in a new coach going forward after all the sh@t that went on last year. That isnt on KP. You could make the argument that Jeff didn't get a fair shot last year but he was present for whatever went on.

No I would fukking fire Melo and Rose or make sure they are not on the roster next year

What KP did is absolutely on KP. I was willing to give him a pass because of his age and inexperience, that's a one time thing. If he starts talking all-star games and playoffs I would stalk him in the locker room and rip him a new one in front of the whole team. Then I would make him sit on the bench and reconsider his decision. I am pretty sure Poppovich would approve.

I don't care about getting a new coach because I don't think there's anything wrong with the old one. Coach's are become increasing decorative in the NBA.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
USA
8/31/2017  10:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:I reiterate that KP has to learn what he's being groomed for and accept the challenge to improve! Melo and DRose are irrelevant and not the future of the franchise! He simply can't be so thin skinned!!!

Nix, none of this stuff came out until July. KP was back home at that point. He didn't leak this. KP has handled the media very well and aside from the tweet/instagram post where he was 'hacked' has stayed above the fray.

Not sure what point you're trying to make. I haven't said anything about KP saying anything to the media. I'm pointing out that KP needs to handle his business the right way and be careful cuz the Media will have no hesitation on turning on him once he's the focal point of the team.

I'd like to see KP grow into a team leader and like Tim Duncan allow his coaches to be able to hold him accountable but more so that they can help him become THE MAN on this team. He can't be uncoachable, sulk or look to undermine the coach. Be like Duncan or Dirk! DON'T BE MELO!

CrushAlot
USA
8/31/2017  10:56 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Not sure what point you're trying to make. I haven't said anything about KP saying anything to the media. I'm pointing out that KP needs to handle his business the right way and be careful cuz the Media will have no hesitation on turning on him once he's the focal point of the team.

I'd like to see KP grow into a team leader and like Tim Duncan allow his coaches to be able to hold him accountable but more so that they can help him become THE MAN on this team. He can't be uncoachable, sulk or look to undermine the coach. Be like Duncan or Dirk! DON'T BE MELO!

Rosen in the podcast link I posted said KP was saying some disrespectful things to the coaches. He said he knew what was said but would not say it on the pod. It is worth listening to and definitely gives the coach/management side of things.
CrushAlot
USA
8/31/2017  11:48 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:The trolls are singing a different tune now, sounds like a new primary target is being acquired. Poor Jeff - his days as coach are numbered. Wait till every tweet on the internet about why he shouldn't have yelled at KP becomes a new thread. Same **** different target. The script for 2017-18 season is all but set. It will be Jeff's fault that Melo/THJR keep shooting and the offense doesn't flow through KP, or rather the offense doesn't flow,period. To be fai they will also blame the rookie - fire Jeff/Trade Frank. KP will let Dolan know its either him or the coach...he is learning from the best coach killer of all time.

No matter how many Coaches, GMs and Presidents are recycled through the front office for some completely "unknown" reason the dysfunction will continue.

I am curious how you would recommend this situation be handled. Do you trade KP? Do you tell him to man up, vets like Rose and Melo are treated differently because of who they are and their deficiencies and behaviors are not his concern? Do you fire Jeff for not confronting Melo and Rose for their poor play, Rose's AWOL, locker room issues etc. Do you wait to see if things improve because KP's deal isn't up yet?
In my opinion a new gm/pres should hire his own coach that shares his vision. Grunwald's coach was Woodson, Phil's coach was Kerr and the coach that shared his vision last year was Rambis. I think Mills ends up with his own coach after this season but the smart move probably was to bring in a new coach going forward after all the sh@t that went on last year. That isnt on KP. You could make the argument that Jeff didn't get a fair shot last year but he was present for whatever went on.

No I would fukking fire Melo and Rose or make sure they are not on the roster next year

What KP did is absolutely on KP. I was willing to give him a pass because of his age and inexperience, that's a one time thing. If he starts talking all-star games and playoffs I would stalk him in the locker room and rip him a new one in front of the whole team. Then I would make him sit on the bench and reconsider his decision. I am pretty sure Poppovich would approve.

I don't care about getting a new coach because I don't think there's anything wrong with the old one. Coach's are become increasing decorative in the NBA.

I think your approach gets the coach fired and KP leaves as a free agent. In regards to firing Melo, his contract doesn't give the team many options and that is why he is still a Knick.
meloshouldgo

9/1/2017  12:47 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think your approach gets the coach fired and KP leaves as a free agent. In regards to firing Melo, his contract doesn't give the team many options and that is why he is still a Knick.

my approach had been employed by just about every successful coach in the NBA including Poppovich. If KP leaves let him. I am not worried about all stars. I care ONLY about 100% team first players. Everyone else can go pound sand.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/1/2017  7:23 AM
Bottom line....

Are we not men?

First off... Vescey made this report. He's notorious for exaggerating stories and adding his wanna be street tidbits in there. So right off the bat you can't take the tone seriously.

At the same time, Kristaps is trying to build a global brand. That's has become obvious in year 2. The trick is her needs to start and end with basketball. He has too get better. Without this smut article, its a given that KP is too soft out there. He is not assertive. Everyone knows that. We all hope he will take it to the next level. It seems that he is coming out in this Euro cup tourney. If Kristaps and his camp are enabling this diva mentality they they got it all wrong. Kristaps is the engine. He has to prove who he wants to be. Nothing is going to be given to him. Phil might have been looked at as crazy but putting him on the trading block was a tactic for him to wake up and evolve into the unicorn he should be. His camp needs to be the ones to tell him he had to work harder and be aggressive.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
meloshouldgo

9/1/2017  11:16 AM
EnySpree wrote:Bottom line....

Are we not men?

First off... Vescey made this report. He's notorious for exaggerating stories and adding his wanna be street tidbits in there. So right off the bat you can't take the tone seriously.

At the same time, Kristaps is trying to build a global brand. That's has become obvious in year 2. The trick is her needs to start and end with basketball. He has too get better. Without this smut article, its a given that KP is too soft out there. He is not assertive. Everyone knows that. We all hope he will take it to the next level. It seems that he is coming out in this Euro cup tourney. If Kristaps and his camp are enabling this diva mentality they they got it all wrong. Kristaps is the engine. He has to prove who he wants to be. Nothing is going to be given to him. Phil might have been looked at as crazy but putting him on the trading block was a tactic for him to wake up and evolve into the unicorn he should be. His camp needs to be the ones to tell him he had to work harder and be aggressive.

The trolls would rather fire the front office again so we can continue to coddle the sh!t out of these fukking divas. Asking people making millions for playing basketball to grow a pair is obviously too much for their sensitive souls.

nixluva
USA
9/1/2017  11:44 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:

Are we not men?

The trolls would rather fire the front office again so we can continue to coddle the sh!t out of these fukking divas. Asking people making millions for playing basketball to grow a pair is obviously too much for their sensitive souls.

Oakley and Ewing are Rolling over in their graves seeing how soft and sensitive today's players are! 😜

knicks1248
Member: #582
9/1/2017  1:29 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

Are we not men?

You guys are smart enough to know this is a players league. See LBj, see Kd, Irving, see Pg13, see cp3, wade, the list is endless about players wanting what they want

You can call him a diva all you want, but it will all fall back on the FO who sat down and had several dinners, and worked him out prior to the draft. So his mental and physical state should already been known. If not, that means your front office does a piss poor job of evaluating talent, and knowing the mental make up of a player.

If the draft picks are not panning out, the FA are not panning out, the trades are not panning out, Why the hell would you believe in this regime to do anything right

ES
nixluva
USA
9/1/2017  2:45 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Are we not men?

You guys are smart enough to know this is a players league. See LBj, see Kd, Irving, see Pg13, see cp3, wade, the list is endless about players wanting what they want

You can call him a diva all you want, but it will all fall back on the FO who sat down and had several dinners, and worked him out prior to the draft. So his mental and physical state should already been known. If not, that means your front office does a piss poor job of evaluating talent, and knowing the mental make up of a player.

If the draft picks are not panning out, the FA are not panning out, the trades are not panning out, Why the hell would you believe in this regime to do anything right

No point overstating this right now. KP will have a chance to show what he's about next season and it seems that for the most part things are calmed down now. Let's get thru Camp, Preseason and take it from there. We'll learn a lot about KP and this coaching staff next season. Despite the red flags this raised there's plenty of opportunity to get things settled and more forward.

meloshouldgo

9/1/2017  3:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Are we not men?

The mental and physical state on a 19 year is already set? How old are you again?
KP behavior went through a transformation from early Year 1 to later Year 2. And while people spend endless hours blaming Phil and Rambis and Jeff and Dolan and everybody and their mother for it, he was being mentored by the biggest Diva of all time.

knicks1248
Member: #582
9/1/2017  5:00 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Are we not men?

The mental and physical state on a 19 year is already set? How old are you again?
KP behavior went through a transformation from early Year 1 to later Year 2. And while people spend endless hours blaming Phil and Rambis and Jeff and Dolan and everybody and their mother for it, he was being mentored by the biggest Diva of all time.

your still blaming melo for everything...smh

I bet you think it's melo's fault that kp fouls out every game

ES
CrushAlot
USA
9/1/2017  8:56 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

Are we not men?

is this your thread?
http://m.ultimateknicks.com/home/posts/41661/1
CrushAlot
USA
9/6/2017  6:52 PM
Berman on Mannix pod said there were troubles between Jeff and KP but there were many reasons why he missed the exit meeting.
Kemet
Member: #6148

9/9/2017  3:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/9/2017  3:02 PM
I been saying this for 2 seasons ....
KP talent and performance has showed consistently that KP is not a frontcourt STARTER in the NBA!
KP wasn't a starter in the Euro-league, and his poor % shooting n poor defense does not make KP a starter in the NBA.

Us Knicks fans been praying for a star Knicks player for so long that we will take anything that drops from the sky ..
KP has not showed any potential in becoming a future star player, nor has he worked on a low-post performance in any of the Euro games he played for Latvia in the offseason.

I looked at the Knicks downtown rival in the Brooklyn Nets roster to predict their season compared to the Knicks season .. The Nets have a better starter frontcourt and backcourt than the Knicks.

Vecsey: Porzingis Skipped Exit Meeting Due To Feud With Hornacek

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy