ot Texas
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/5/2017  11:39 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:WTF?

Wording is most certainly not his strongest suit. Not that he has many strong suits.

oh definitely - all of his suits are made in China

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/5/2017  12:32 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I lived in Galveston during Hurricane Ike. That was one of if not the most traumatic moment of my life. The amount of water that exceeded the highest elevation point was 17". The estimates I've seen for this storm are the high 40s to low 50s. My heart really goes out to everyone. Those numbers are so much larger than the hell I experienced...

Horrific stuff which scarily will become more wide spread in the future- I do wish climate change deniers would see sense- denying climate change makes no sense from any angle- peoples lives, ethics, our kids futures, financially

Smacked dog--north Korea shot a missile right over Japan tonight -- bringing them very close to tripping over an ending red line. You don't believe Iran or NK should pay the ultimate price for such pro active acts-- but what's happens when one of those countries hit the target? It's either ****ing stop or we will incinerate your existence. It's an us or them mentality. Did the Us or Japan shoot a precision guided missile at NK? No-- they are the ones doing it. Instead of shooting at Guam which would've brought instantaneous massive US response-- they did it to Japan-- problem is shooting at Japan is considered shooting at us!!!

Its called posturing. Why would they actually fire a nuclear missile at another country when it would assure their own destruction? When you can actually answer that, please get back to me.

Why is America and Israel allowed nuclear weapons because they feel safer with them but other countries aren't? The reason Iran and N Korea want them is because they think it will make America think twice about invading them or attacking them. They want them for defensive reasons, not to go on the attack (they'd never have the capacity to be able to wipe out America so as an offensive weapon they make no sense). You on the other hand seem to relish the opportunity to kill millions of people including children because you have a complete inhability to value or empathise with other races and foreign people as equal human beings) with nuclear weapons, yet you make threads calling a fictitious stabbing of someone over a hair cut as the greatest evil of modern time- you need to look at yourself in the mirror

-->Its called posturing

So shooting a long range precision guided missile capable of carrying a payload over another country is posturing? No it's not. It's a serious belligerent act and if I was Kim Jun Ung--Id make sure I slept in my under ground hiding spot. Even though Russia is BY FAR and away are most serious geopolitical threat(one that couldve been brought WAY down if we just let Trump execute what he wanted to do)Iran and NK threaten the livelihood of nations S Korea Japan Israel and the US. I think at this point--it would be wise if China and the US worked together to take out the leadership of NK. Their people already suffer--in a powerful coup I dont think collateral damage would be fierce if a strike took out Kim aggressively and quickly(with a new deal in place). If we can make a deal that N Korea stands but will relinquish its nuclear program under new leadership--China would be on board.

Let's kill everybody you don't like, such a mature, sophisticated world view. You and Trump, I can definitely see the connection.

So let somebody who don't like you kill you or other people is better solution?
I guess it is and we kind of do exactly that.

Here's an idea that's completely foreign to you. Defense is NEVER pre-emptive.

Just because your paranoia doesn't allow for any explanation that doesn't involve a foreign country attacking is next Friday, doesn't mean they are less real or can't be true. If someone attacks the US or an ally, they will do so knowing that whatever is left of us will wipe them off the fukking face of the Earth. No leader of any country is that enamoured with evaporating into nuclear waste.

--->No leader of any country is that enamoured with evaporating into nuclear waste.

Youre naive. How about one with nothing to lose OR one who believes he can win. This is a problem that has snowballed for 25 years and its not stopping until N Korea has the ability to lob missile after missile into the US. This country DOES NOT CARE if they lose millions of their own people--you're playing with fire if you simply let them advance. Any chance we get to kill this man--we should take it.

Things Briggs is afraid of, no. 1023

There is no chance to kill him, this isn't a country where you can sneak a Seal team in black helicopters. There is no first strike option that doesn't give them time to respond, and the US has no authority to consider millions of South Korean lives as collateral damage to protect American lives.

I'll give you this, you're ignorant of and unable to reason over a wide range of topics.

What is North Korea--what is NK long term goal as a nation? The only thing I can see is a bellicose nation that goes all in on their military. They dont care about their people--so why would the elites care if millions died?

Because we DO care if millions of innocents die. That's what makes us not North Korea.

So we sit back as a nation while they perfect technology to lob huge nuclaer missiles at the US in what 4-6 years? Its a dam if we do and a dam if we dont situation. At some point soon its going to come to a head.

Yes, it's an existential crisis.

And no, we shouldn't kill millions of people first just in case.

I don't want to a part of that world.

In Briggsian Dystopia only "we" qualify as innocent people

It was non action from the Us and others that helped slaughter 6 mm Jews
I guess you're lucky I'm not President because yesterday would've been my red line. I don't believe in conventional either I would've packed commercial jets full of high level nuclear missiles and would've target the entire Dmz line whrre NK is highly fortified with conventional weapons aimed at SK every last military stronghold every last important infrastructural target and lastly Kim Jung in and his entire family. They would be woken up this am with not one bridge remaining their cross straight conventional arsenal and counterattack properties in ruins and their leader incenerated. There is no path of dialogue with this country -- there is no negotiation. I'm not willing to repeat history of inaction

So as President you would have commandeered several commercial airplanes (which you have no authority to do), ordered them loaded with nuclear warheads, expected this to be done in secret, and then ordered the crew of these planes to commit suicide because commercial jets have no ability to release nuclear payloads and you honestly don't know how stupid that all is?

You have no self-awareness how unintelligent that is?

No covilians-- just 15-20 various commercial jets from around the world and I would ram them into North Korea strongholds before they knew what hit them. Sitting back and doing nothing has had no effect. A conventional plan will have serious consequence-- so I would work in a powerfully unconventional way. I'd rather have peace but NK now exploded something that could wipe out Japan in one shot-- it's too late-- they won't agree to dialogue

You have the planning ability of 8 year old, it's a good thing the most damage you are allowed to do is on Dungeons and Dragons. Covilians be damned....

nk
Is prepared for every conventional move we make-- don't underestimate them. If a commercial plane that said Arab emirates on it flew into Korean air space and Canada Air came from another angle et al they would be hesitant just enough for it to be too late to counter. Hitting Bk there has to be an aggressive strike at the DMz zone.
Right now the us is waiting but in the next week well see what happens-- this is no one else but Nk -- they are the provocateurs

Time to put the covfefe down and slowly back away from your keyboard

yea when a lunatic dictator threatens you, you take out that dictator. You dont blow up his people (who are already being tortured as it is). This is a very ugly conversation on world views and how some folks feel about human life that isnt their neighbor in rich white Conn.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

9/5/2017  1:01 PM
fishmike wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I lived in Galveston during Hurricane Ike. That was one of if not the most traumatic moment of my life. The amount of water that exceeded the highest elevation point was 17". The estimates I've seen for this storm are the high 40s to low 50s. My heart really goes out to everyone. Those numbers are so much larger than the hell I experienced...

Horrific stuff which scarily will become more wide spread in the future- I do wish climate change deniers would see sense- denying climate change makes no sense from any angle- peoples lives, ethics, our kids futures, financially

Smacked dog--north Korea shot a missile right over Japan tonight -- bringing them very close to tripping over an ending red line. You don't believe Iran or NK should pay the ultimate price for such pro active acts-- but what's happens when one of those countries hit the target? It's either ****ing stop or we will incinerate your existence. It's an us or them mentality. Did the Us or Japan shoot a precision guided missile at NK? No-- they are the ones doing it. Instead of shooting at Guam which would've brought instantaneous massive US response-- they did it to Japan-- problem is shooting at Japan is considered shooting at us!!!

Its called posturing. Why would they actually fire a nuclear missile at another country when it would assure their own destruction? When you can actually answer that, please get back to me.

Why is America and Israel allowed nuclear weapons because they feel safer with them but other countries aren't? The reason Iran and N Korea want them is because they think it will make America think twice about invading them or attacking them. They want them for defensive reasons, not to go on the attack (they'd never have the capacity to be able to wipe out America so as an offensive weapon they make no sense). You on the other hand seem to relish the opportunity to kill millions of people including children because you have a complete inhability to value or empathise with other races and foreign people as equal human beings) with nuclear weapons, yet you make threads calling a fictitious stabbing of someone over a hair cut as the greatest evil of modern time- you need to look at yourself in the mirror

-->Its called posturing

So shooting a long range precision guided missile capable of carrying a payload over another country is posturing? No it's not. It's a serious belligerent act and if I was Kim Jun Ung--Id make sure I slept in my under ground hiding spot. Even though Russia is BY FAR and away are most serious geopolitical threat(one that couldve been brought WAY down if we just let Trump execute what he wanted to do)Iran and NK threaten the livelihood of nations S Korea Japan Israel and the US. I think at this point--it would be wise if China and the US worked together to take out the leadership of NK. Their people already suffer--in a powerful coup I dont think collateral damage would be fierce if a strike took out Kim aggressively and quickly(with a new deal in place). If we can make a deal that N Korea stands but will relinquish its nuclear program under new leadership--China would be on board.

Let's kill everybody you don't like, such a mature, sophisticated world view. You and Trump, I can definitely see the connection.

Just because your paranoia doesn't allow for any explanation that doesn't involve a foreign country attacking is next Friday, doesn't mean they are less real or can't be true. If someone attacks the US or an ally, they will do so knowing that whatever is left of us will wipe them off the fukking face of the Earth. No leader of any country is that enamoured with evaporating into nuclear waste.

--->No leader of any country is that enamoured with evaporating into nuclear waste.

Youre naive. How about one with nothing to lose OR one who believes he can win. This is a problem that has snowballed for 25 years and its not stopping until N Korea has the ability to lob missile after missile into the US. This country DOES NOT CARE if they lose millions of their own people--you're playing with fire if you simply let them advance. Any chance we get to kill this man--we should take it.

There is no chance to kill him, this isn't a country where you can sneak a Seal team in black helicopters. There is no first strike option that doesn't give them time to respond, and the US has no authority to consider millions of South Korean lives as collateral damage to protect American lives.

I'll give you this, you're ignorant of and unable to reason over a wide range of topics.

What is North Korea--what is NK long term goal as a nation? The only thing I can see is a bellicose nation that goes all in on their military. They dont care about their people--so why would the elites care if millions died?

Because we DO care if millions of innocents die. That's what makes us not North Korea.

So we sit back as a nation while they perfect technology to lob huge nuclaer missiles at the US in what 4-6 years? Its a dam if we do and a dam if we dont situation. At some point soon its going to come to a head.

I guess you're lucky I'm not President because yesterday would've been my red line. I don't believe in conventional either I would've packed commercial jets full of high level nuclear missiles and would've target the entire Dmz line whrre NK is highly fortified with conventional weapons aimed at SK every last military stronghold every last important infrastructural target and lastly Kim Jung in and his entire family. They would be woken up this am with not one bridge remaining their cross straight conventional arsenal and counterattack properties in ruins and their leader incenerated. There is no path of dialogue with this country -- there is no negotiation. I'm not willing to repeat history of inaction

So as President you would have commandeered several commercial airplanes (which you have no authority to do), ordered them loaded with nuclear warheads, expected this to be done in secret, and then ordered the crew of these planes to commit suicide because commercial jets have no ability to release nuclear payloads and you honestly don't know how stupid that all is?

No covilians-- just 15-20 various commercial jets from around the world and I would ram them into North Korea strongholds before they knew what hit them. Sitting back and doing nothing has had no effect. A conventional plan will have serious consequence-- so I would work in a powerfully unconventional way. I'd rather have peace but NK now exploded something that could wipe out Japan in one shot-- it's too late-- they won't agree to dialogue

You have the planning ability of 8 year old, it's a good thing the most damage you are allowed to do is on Dungeons and Dragons. Covilians be damned....

nk
Is prepared for every conventional move we make-- don't underestimate them. If a commercial plane that said Arab emirates on it flew into Korean air space and Canada Air came from another angle et al they would be hesitant just enough for it to be too late to counter. Hitting Bk there has to be an aggressive strike at the DMz zone.
Right now the us is waiting but in the next week well see what happens-- this is no one else but Nk -- they are the provocateurs

yea when a lunatic dictator threatens you, you take out that dictator. You dont blow up his people (who are already being tortured as it is). This is a very ugly conversation on world views and how some folks feel about human life that isnt their neighbor in rich white Conn.

Agree completely with the part about protecting the people of NK from becoming collateral damage of Kim and Trump ego battle. But if we take him out, then what is our plan to recreate stability in NK? Is this a sustainable modus operandi? We did this Iraq, right? Because we were convinced of the "threat" they posed to us with mythical WMDs. Should we create yet another terrorist state? Do we really have to proactively attack sovereign nations based on our frequent and paranoid and sometimes willful misinterpretstion of their motives?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/5/2017  1:14 PM
So to summarize the last several pages on North Korea...

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/5/2017  10:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/5/2017  10:04 PM
Hurricane Irma is predicted right now to enter the Gulf of Mexico as a Cat 4 storm. Offhand, I remember most Hurricanes which enter the Gulf, heading for the TX/Louisiana area. They rarely swing to the gulf coast of Fla.

Even if this storm skirts the Houston area, not a direct hit, its still powerful enough to cause a great deal of additonal damage. I dont want to think about the outcome.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/6/2017  10:17 AM
Nam Sung Wook, the former director of the Institute for National Security Strategy (INSS) think tank on inter-Korean studies, said that a story he picked up from Kim's schooldays shows how he was prone to rage even in his teens.

Nam said that Kim's (unnamed) high school flame tried to convince him to stop smoking — and got the same kind of furious response with which the world's leaders are becoming ever more familiar.

"As Kim was smoking at a young age, his girlfriend advised him to quit smoking," Nam told a political party conference in Seoul on Wednesday, as cited by Korea's Yonhap News.

"Then, Kim exploded with foul language, which was quite shocking [to her]."

"This rough manner he displayed made me think things would get complicated once he becomes the 'king' of the nation," he added, according to the Korea Herald.

Nam believes that Kim's personality flaws are so severe that the only way to resolve the tensions in Korea is for him to be "eliminated."

He learned about Kim's background by dispatching a research team from his think tank in 2008 to Bern, Switzerland, where the dictator-to-be attended The International School of Berne. He now works as a professor of Korean Unification, Diplomacy and Security at Seoul’s Korea University.

It was during this trip that they were told about the putative leader's teenage temperament.

International School of Bern
The International School of Berne, where Kim Jong Un went to school. Getty

North Korea claimed to have developed its sixth and largest nuclear test — a hydrogen bomb that it could launch thousands of miles — on Sunday.

"The latest development is largely attributable to Kim's wild character," he said. "If Kim is not eliminated, this issue will persist."

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
9/6/2017  10:21 AM
fishmike wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

-->Its called posturing

nk

Nope fishmike--you need to put a huge huge dent into their conventional/and unconventional retaliatory response. There is almost no way around this inevitability UNLESS there is a NK military coup. The whole gig is to keep as many SK Japanese safe as possible. Ultimately it would be in the best interests of NK.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
9/6/2017  10:28 AM
South Korea is seeking to develop a ballistic "Frankenmissile" that would reach North Korea and be powerful enough to destroy the entire country alongside its underground military facilities and command centres, the Korea Herald reported.

What difference are the ideas--same thought process--SK does not want the NK leadership or military to exist. What country would--would we want to sit next door to a neighbor that threatens your existence on a daily basis? Theyve breached all the red lines--the people of NK were ALREADY collateral damage.

RIP Crushalot😞
meloshouldgo

9/6/2017  11:26 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

-->Its called posturing

nk

Nope fishmike--you need to put a huge huge dent into their conventional/and unconventional retaliatory response. There is almost no way around this inevitability UNLESS there is a NK military coup. The whole gig is to keep as many SK Japanese safe as possible. Ultimately it would be in the best interests of NK.

You want to nuke the Korean peninsula to keep the South Koreans safe? Check.
Now go back to dungeons and dragons

GustavBahler

9/6/2017  11:58 AM
Not enough threads for NK?
smackeddog
Member: #883
9/6/2017  1:28 PM
BRIGGS wrote:South Korea is seeking to develop a ballistic "Frankenmissile" that would reach North Korea and be powerful enough to destroy the entire country alongside its underground military facilities and command centres, the Korea Herald reported.

What difference are the ideas--same thought process--SK does not want the NK leadership or military to exist. What country would--would we want to sit next door to a neighbor that threatens your existence on a daily basis? Theyve breached all the red lines--the people of NK were ALREADY collateral damage.

Why is it okay for south Korea and the US to threaten north Korea's existence on a daily basis, but not the other way round? North Korea is way more at risk of being destroyed by the US and South Korea yet you seem to think that only they are being aggressive and threatening and therefore use that as justification for threatening their existence. Bizarre.

BRIGGS
9/6/2017  1:59 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:South Korea is seeking to develop a ballistic "Frankenmissile" that would reach North Korea and be powerful enough to destroy the entire country alongside its underground military facilities and command centres, the Korea Herald reported.

Why is it okay for south Korea and the US to threaten north Korea's existence on a daily basis, but not the other way round? North Korea is way more at risk of being destroyed by the US and South Korea yet you seem to think that only they are being aggressive and threatening and therefore use that as justification for threatening their existence. Bizarre.

You're really haven't paid attention to the news the last 25 years have you. Sorry its NK for decades now threatening violence not the other way around.

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
9/6/2017  4:12 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

You're really haven't paid attention to the news the last 25 years have you. Sorry its NK for decades now threatening violence not the other way around.

You're the one wanting to nuke them!

meloshouldgo

9/7/2017  12:40 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

What constitutes of "threatening violence" in the murky depths of what passes for your mind? And how many times have the North Koreans done that in the last 25 years?

meloshouldgo

9/7/2017  8:49 PM
<crickets>.........
GustavBahler

9/10/2017  8:39 AM
Hope our Fla posters are somewhere safe. Let us know how you are doing, when you have the time. Take care.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

9/10/2017  11:09 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Hope our Fla posters are somewhere safe. Let us know how you are doing, when you have the time. Take care.

Unreal...

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

9/27/2017  3:28 PM
Any thoughts on your fellow Americans in Puerto Rico?
ot Texas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy