[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ot Texas
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

8/30/2017  2:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/30/2017  2:34 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I lived in Galveston during Hurricane Ike. That was one of if not the most traumatic moment of my life. The amount of water that exceeded the highest elevation point was 17". The estimates I've seen for this storm are the high 40s to low 50s. My heart really goes out to everyone. Those numbers are so much larger than the hell I experienced...

What do you recommend people do to help those dealing with the fallout from something like this? What made a difference for you in the aftermath of that storm?

unfortunately there isn't much of anything you can do... the best advice I would give is to get out of town, find someone to take you in for a month or two, and get back to your "home" as quickly as possible... if you own your property, you need to rip drywall and insulation out of the house as quickly as possible. When my house got ****ed, it was below 4', which was great, because I didn't need to get permits for my electric. These people unfortunately might have to go through that process, which is a pain in the ass if you are just doing home improvements, let alone disaster stuff.
the insurance company actually looked at that favorably - I was doing what I could to protect the property value. Most insurance claims are the opposite - don't do anything unless asked. Also, if anyone needs to get a contractor, make sure you are present. I bought sandwiches for my guys everyday and helped sweep, haul trash, whatever... you need your crew to be present and bust their asses. These guys weren't required to work Saturday, but they did, because they felt for me and knew I was doing what I could do. the neighbors that just hired a contractor and were MIA had massive project delays. When fixing the place takes 6 or 9 months instead of 3 weeks it can really, really wreak havoc on the bank account... hotel rooms are going to spike in price because of a lack of supply

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/30/2017  2:45 PM
Hip-Hop to the rescue

Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

8/30/2017  3:28 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:These people are under siege. This will be the worst weather disaster in modern history. I've followed this the whole time and it's just gotten worse. These people are trapped-- they needed to be evacuated.

define "worst"

Worst: highly affecting white Americans

Omg you obnoxious loser. I haven't shot anything personal towards anyone-- but you seem to feel free to take ludicrous pop shots at me based on absolutely nothing. Don't be a dweeb-- this is a once in a multi generational storm that we have not seen and hopefully will not see again. This is affecting millions of people and really the whole US. This is not a ****ing joking matter idiot

I was only asking the question, define "worst" because of this...
http://list25.com/25-worst-natural-disasters-recorded/

Nothing political at my end, but more so a check on where you are getting the bolded part above from...?

eastern Texas is wiped out. This is so much worse than anyone could've imagined. I don't know how this is repaired-- as bad as anything we have ever seen

death toll right now is at 19. like i said...define worst in history.

Deaths are an important factor of course, so is the scale of the disaster, the area, the cost, jobs, homes, infrastructure, lives put on hold, might make it the the most devasting in that regard.

#25 from the list i referenced is haiti 2010 quake
The strongest earthquake to hit the country since 1770, it led to over 200,000 deaths, 2 million homeless, and 3 million people in need of emergency aid

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GustavBahler

8/30/2017  3:38 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:These people are under siege. This will be the worst weather disaster in modern history. I've followed this the whole time and it's just gotten worse. These people are trapped-- they needed to be evacuated.

define "worst"

Omg you obnoxious loser. I haven't shot anything personal towards anyone-- but you seem to feel free to take ludicrous pop shots at me based on absolutely nothing. Don't be a dweeb-- this is a once in a multi generational storm that we have not seen and hopefully will not see again. This is affecting millions of people and really the whole US. This is not a ****ing joking matter idiot

Nothing political at my end, but more so a check on where you are getting the bolded part above from...?

eastern Texas is wiped out. This is so much worse than anyone could've imagined. I don't know how this is repaired-- as bad as anything we have ever seen

Deaths are an important factor of course, so is the scale of the disaster, the area, the cost, jobs, homes, infrastructure, lives put on hold, might make it the the most devasting in that regard.

The strongest earthquake to hit the country since 1770, it led to over 200,000 deaths, 2 million homeless, and 3 million people in need of emergency aid

My bad, did not check the link. Thought you and Briggs were only talking about the US.

This storm refuses to die and the storm is spreading to other states, hard to say what the real damage will be when all is said and done.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

8/30/2017  3:53 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

define "worst"

My bad, did not check the link. Thought you and Briggs were only talking about the US.

This storm refuses to die and the storm is spreading to other states, hard to say what the real damage will be when all is said and done.

:) why should we talk about only US when talking about lives and infrastructure?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GustavBahler

8/30/2017  3:55 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

define "worst"

:) why should we talk about only US when talking about lives and infrastructure?

I dont want to get an angry tweet from (Biblical) Noah

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/30/2017  7:38 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I lived in Galveston during Hurricane Ike. That was one of if not the most traumatic moment of my life. The amount of water that exceeded the highest elevation point was 17". The estimates I've seen for this storm are the high 40s to low 50s. My heart really goes out to everyone. Those numbers are so much larger than the hell I experienced...

Horrific stuff which scarily will become more wide spread in the future- I do wish climate change deniers would see sense- denying climate change makes no sense from any angle- peoples lives, ethics, our kids futures, financially

Smacked dog--north Korea shot a missile right over Japan tonight -- bringing them very close to tripping over an ending red line. You don't believe Iran or NK should pay the ultimate price for such pro active acts-- but what's happens when one of those countries hit the target? It's either ****ing stop or we will incinerate your existence. It's an us or them mentality. Did the Us or Japan shoot a precision guided missile at NK? No-- they are the ones doing it. Instead of shooting at Guam which would've brought instantaneous massive US response-- they did it to Japan-- problem is shooting at Japan is considered shooting at us!!!

Its called posturing. Why would they actually fire a nuclear missile at another country when it would assure their own destruction? When you can actually answer that, please get back to me.

Why is America and Israel allowed nuclear weapons because they feel safer with them but other countries aren't? The reason Iran and N Korea want them is because they think it will make America think twice about invading them or attacking them. They want them for defensive reasons, not to go on the attack (they'd never have the capacity to be able to wipe out America so as an offensive weapon they make no sense). You on the other hand seem to relish the opportunity to kill millions of people including children because you have a complete inhability to value or empathise with other races and foreign people as equal human beings) with nuclear weapons, yet you make threads calling a fictitious stabbing of someone over a hair cut as the greatest evil of modern time- you need to look at yourself in the mirror

-->Its called posturing

So shooting a long range precision guided missile capable of carrying a payload over another country is posturing? No it's not. It's a serious belligerent act and if I was Kim Jun Ung--Id make sure I slept in my under ground hiding spot. Even though Russia is BY FAR and away are most serious geopolitical threat(one that couldve been brought WAY down if we just let Trump execute what he wanted to do)Iran and NK threaten the livelihood of nations S Korea Japan Israel and the US. I think at this point--it would be wise if China and the US worked together to take out the leadership of NK. Their people already suffer--in a powerful coup I dont think collateral damage would be fierce if a strike took out Kim aggressively and quickly(with a new deal in place). If we can make a deal that N Korea stands but will relinquish its nuclear program under new leadership--China would be on board.

Let's kill everybody you don't like, such a mature, sophisticated world view. You and Trump, I can definitely see the connection.

So let somebody who don't like you kill you or other people is better solution?
I guess it is and we kind of do exactly that.

Here's an idea that's completely foreign to you. Defense is NEVER pre-emptive.

Just because your paranoia doesn't allow for any explanation that doesn't involve a foreign country attacking is next Friday, doesn't mean they are less real or can't be true. If someone attacks the US or an ally, they will do so knowing that whatever is left of us will wipe them off the fukking face of the Earth. No leader of any country is that enamoured with evaporating into nuclear waste.

--->No leader of any country is that enamoured with evaporating into nuclear waste.

Youre naive. How about one with nothing to lose OR one who believes he can win. This is a problem that has snowballed for 25 years and its not stopping until N Korea has the ability to lob missile after missile into the US. This country DOES NOT CARE if they lose millions of their own people--you're playing with fire if you simply let them advance. Any chance we get to kill this man--we should take it.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/30/2017  8:17 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Horrific stuff which scarily will become more wide spread in the future- I do wish climate change deniers would see sense- denying climate change makes no sense from any angle- peoples lives, ethics, our kids futures, financially

Smacked dog--north Korea shot a missile right over Japan tonight -- bringing them very close to tripping over an ending red line. You don't believe Iran or NK should pay the ultimate price for such pro active acts-- but what's happens when one of those countries hit the target? It's either ****ing stop or we will incinerate your existence. It's an us or them mentality. Did the Us or Japan shoot a precision guided missile at NK? No-- they are the ones doing it. Instead of shooting at Guam which would've brought instantaneous massive US response-- they did it to Japan-- problem is shooting at Japan is considered shooting at us!!!

Its called posturing. Why would they actually fire a nuclear missile at another country when it would assure their own destruction? When you can actually answer that, please get back to me.

Why is America and Israel allowed nuclear weapons because they feel safer with them but other countries aren't? The reason Iran and N Korea want them is because they think it will make America think twice about invading them or attacking them. They want them for defensive reasons, not to go on the attack (they'd never have the capacity to be able to wipe out America so as an offensive weapon they make no sense). You on the other hand seem to relish the opportunity to kill millions of people including children because you have a complete inhability to value or empathise with other races and foreign people as equal human beings) with nuclear weapons, yet you make threads calling a fictitious stabbing of someone over a hair cut as the greatest evil of modern time- you need to look at yourself in the mirror

-->Its called posturing

So shooting a long range precision guided missile capable of carrying a payload over another country is posturing? No it's not. It's a serious belligerent act and if I was Kim Jun Ung--Id make sure I slept in my under ground hiding spot. Even though Russia is BY FAR and away are most serious geopolitical threat(one that couldve been brought WAY down if we just let Trump execute what he wanted to do)Iran and NK threaten the livelihood of nations S Korea Japan Israel and the US. I think at this point--it would be wise if China and the US worked together to take out the leadership of NK. Their people already suffer--in a powerful coup I dont think collateral damage would be fierce if a strike took out Kim aggressively and quickly(with a new deal in place). If we can make a deal that N Korea stands but will relinquish its nuclear program under new leadership--China would be on board.

Let's kill everybody you don't like, such a mature, sophisticated world view. You and Trump, I can definitely see the connection.

Just because your paranoia doesn't allow for any explanation that doesn't involve a foreign country attacking is next Friday, doesn't mean they are less real or can't be true. If someone attacks the US or an ally, they will do so knowing that whatever is left of us will wipe them off the fukking face of the Earth. No leader of any country is that enamoured with evaporating into nuclear waste.

--->No leader of any country is that enamoured with evaporating into nuclear waste.

Youre naive. How about one with nothing to lose OR one who believes he can win. This is a problem that has snowballed for 25 years and its not stopping until N Korea has the ability to lob missile after missile into the US. This country DOES NOT CARE if they lose millions of their own people--you're playing with fire if you simply let them advance. Any chance we get to kill this man--we should take it.

Things Briggs is afraid of, no. 1023

There is no chance to kill him, this isn't a country where you can sneak a Seal team in black helicopters. There is no first strike option that doesn't give them time to respond, and the US has no authority to consider millions of South Korean lives as collateral damage to protect American lives.

I'll give you this, you're ignorant of and unable to reason over a wide range of topics.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/31/2017  1:26 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

You probably should've voted for a Presidential candidate that believed in climate change and was willing to do something about it. Because these weather patterns will become the new standard.

Human factors increasing flood risk: urbanisation, because towns and cities have more impermeable surfaces. deforestation, because removing trees reduces the amount of water intercepted and increases run-off.

Raising livestock the way we do and burning fossil fuels are the primary factors for climate change...but I'm not sure what is your underlying point.

Texas has massive deforestation, bottom 10 in the country. This comes from over industrialization and from ignoring any type of conservation of natural resources objectives.
http://Forest cover by state in the United States - Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_cover_by_state_in_the_United_States

Ridiculous isn't it? So easy and lazy and let's not forget highly moronic to blame everything on global warming and Donald trump who was sworn in a few months ago

gunsnewing
USA
8/31/2017  1:29 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

define "worst"

If this storm was headed for Salt Lake City I might agree with you, not an area with one of the largest Latino communities in America. That was a stretch.

A stretch is being too kind

gunsnewing
USA
8/31/2017  1:32 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

define "worst"

You proposed killing half my family in the Middle East last year with nuclear weapons

We really need to start compiling these comments to index them. They are almost too ridiculous to believe...but he says them...and he means them. But he's not alone. Gunsewing and arkrud have made the same comments in the past.

I did what?

Support vaporizing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians with a nuclear bomb. Keep up with the conversation.

Huh?

smackeddog
Member: #883
8/31/2017  1:32 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

define "worst"

If this storm was headed for Salt Lake City I might agree with you, not an area with one of the largest Latino communities in America. That was a stretch.

A stretch is being too kind

So will this be getting the same level of attention from BRIGGS? :
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/30/mumbai-paralysed-by-floods-as-india-and-region-hit-by-worst-monsoon-rains-in-years

More than 1,200 people have died acrossIndia, Bangladesh and Nepal as a result of flooding, with 40 million affected by the devastation. At least six people, including two toddlers, were among the victims in and around India’s financial capital.

The devastating floods have also destroyed or damaged 18,000 schools, meaning that about 1.8 million children cannot go to classes, Save the Children warned on Thursday.

smackeddog
8/31/2017  1:34 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

You probably should've voted for a Presidential candidate that believed in climate change and was willing to do something about it. Because these weather patterns will become the new standard.

Human factors increasing flood risk: urbanisation, because towns and cities have more impermeable surfaces. deforestation, because removing trees reduces the amount of water intercepted and increases run-off.

Raising livestock the way we do and burning fossil fuels are the primary factors for climate change...but I'm not sure what is your underlying point.

Texas has massive deforestation, bottom 10 in the country. This comes from over industrialization and from ignoring any type of conservation of natural resources objectives.

Ridiculous isn't it? So easy and lazy and let's not forget highly moronic to blame everything on global warming and Donald trump who was sworn in a few months ago

No one's blaming Trump for this, what their saying is he will cause much worse in the future due to his climate change denying.

gunsnewing
USA
8/31/2017  1:35 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

define "worst"

You proposed killing half my family in the Middle East last year with nuclear weapons

We really need to start compiling these comments to index them. They are almost too ridiculous to believe...but he says them...and he means them. But he's not alone. Gunsewing and arkrud have made the same comments in the past.

I did what?

Support vaporizing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians with a nuclear bomb. Keep up with the conversation.

That's a pretty serious acqusation even coming from you. Kindly show me where I said that?

gunsnewing
USA
8/31/2017  1:38 AM
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

-->Its called posturing

That is the kind of backwards thinking that got
Trump Elected and will again in 2020

smackeddog
8/31/2017  2:04 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

define "worst"

I did what?

That's a pretty serious acqusation even coming from you. Kindly show me where I said that?

In a discussion about nuking N Korea you said something like the world was overpopulated and miserable so essentially 'bring it on' or something equally bitter and dumb

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/31/2017  3:52 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

-->Its called posturing

There is no chance to kill him, this isn't a country where you can sneak a Seal team in black helicopters. There is no first strike option that doesn't give them time to respond, and the US has no authority to consider millions of South Korean lives as collateral damage to protect American lives.

I'll give you this, you're ignorant of and unable to reason over a wide range of topics.

What is North Korea--what is NK long term goal as a nation? The only thing I can see is a bellicose nation that goes all in on their military. They dont care about their people--so why would the elites care if millions died? So we sit back as a nation while they perfect technology to lob huge nuclaer missiles at the US in what 4-6 years? Its a dam if we do and a dam if we dont situation. At some point soon its going to come to a head.

RIP Crushalot😞
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/31/2017  7:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/31/2017  7:42 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

-->Its called posturing

Let me ask you this way

What non war outcome would satisfy you that doesn't involve the economic destruction of other nations?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/31/2017  7:37 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Speaking of moronic, you should know. Please point out where I blamed Trump for deforestation in Texas.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/31/2017  2:41 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

-->Its called posturing

What is North Korea--what is NK long term goal as a nation? The only thing I can see is a bellicose nation that goes all in on their military. They dont care about their people--so why would the elites care if millions died?

Because we DO care if millions of innocents die. That's what makes us not North Korea.

So we sit back as a nation while they perfect technology to lob huge nuclaer missiles at the US in what 4-6 years? Its a dam if we do and a dam if we dont situation. At some point soon its going to come to a head.

Yes, it's an existential crisis.

And no, we shouldn't kill millions of people first just in case.

I don't want to a part of that world.

ot Texas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy