NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

8/27/2017  4:53 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:These people are under siege. This will be the worst weather disaster in modern history. I've followed this the whole time and it's just gotten worse. These people are trapped-- they needed to be evacuated.

define "worst"

Worst: highly affecting white Americans

Omg you obnoxious loser. I haven't shot anything personal towards anyone-- but you seem to feel free to take ludicrous pop shots at me based on absolutely nothing. Don't be a dweeb-- this is a once in a multi generational storm that we have not seen and hopefully will not see again. This is affecting millions of people and really the whole US. This is not a ****ing joking matter idiot

You proposed killing half my family in the Middle East last year with nuclear weapons

We really need to start compiling these comments to index them. They are almost too ridiculous to believe...but he says them...and he means them. But he's not alone. Gunsewing and arkrud have made the same comments in the past.

AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

8/27/2017  5:01 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:These people are under siege. This will be the worst weather disaster in modern history. I've followed this the whole time and it's just gotten worse. These people are trapped-- they needed to be evacuated.

You probably should've voted for a Presidential candidate that believed in climate change and was willing to do something about it. Because these weather patterns will become the new standard.

Human factors increasing flood risk: urbanisation, because towns and cities have more impermeable surfaces. deforestation, because removing trees reduces the amount of water intercepted and increases run-off.

Raising livestock the way we do and burning fossil fuels are the primary factors for climate change...but I'm not sure what is your underlying point.

Texas has massive deforestation, bottom 10 in the country. This comes from over industrialization and from ignoring any type of conservation of natural resources objectives.
http://Forest cover by state in the United States - Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_cover_by_state_in_the_United_States

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/27/2017  5:07 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
arkrud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
arkrud wrote:Some people have some kind of short circuit in their brains...
Anything that happening is political and Trumps fault.

He was probably the main reason for sun eclipse...
The storm is a much bigger issue for pure people of all kind who will be hardest hit as usual.
It's a shame that we as a country cannot invest in safety infrastructure for most vulnerable areas.
This were the government investment should go not in bailing out failing corporation and providing millions of useless government jobs.
US leadership suck big time all Dems, Reps, Obamas and Trumps including. Bunch of useless losers.

Everything you just mentioned that is exacerbating the situation (e.g. political parties sucking, tax dollars being misappropriated, lack of infrastructure) is rooted in politics. Yet, in the same breathe, you are criticizing people who think politics is central to this disaster. Quite a bit of irony with you.

My point was again that placing blame on any of specific politicians is ironic by itself.
They do not differ from each other in being interested only in their own political capital not the needs of those whom they should represent.
The system of governing is corrupt in general and became some kind of corporation to get profits and guarantied income for doing nothing.
And as all sides are one big mafia there is no accountability.

I don't think you understand the meaning of "irony". That aside, any one individual or any group that champions stupidity with regards to environmental regulations deserves blame for this. Polticially, only Republicans fit the bill.

Besides, let's not kid ourselves into thinking that a guy like BRIGGS doesn't vote a straight-ticket that uniformly denies climate change and cuts research to understand its scope.

Wtf are you talking about? I was a democrat until the last year. Do you really think that in 6 months that D Teump created this storm? Is that what u d saying? And the 63 mm people who voted for him are indirectly responsible for an act of God? Jees man get a grip. This thread is about an incredibly horrific storm people are dealing with today?????

This "act of God" is actually caused by us pumping carbon into the atmosphere. One side of the political sphere acknowledges this fact and is willing to fund endeavors into addressing it through innovation as well as research i.e. Democrats and more specifically progressives. The other side is cool with the status quo because they are funded by oil companies that are the primary culprits i.e. Republicans. You feel sorry for those people in Houston? Lovely, take that into your calculus next time at the polls.

And you supposedly being a Democrat at any point is shocking; almost as shocking as finding out that Knickoftime is actually Steve Mills. In the 4 years I've been a member of this board though, I seem to only recall you regurgitating conservative talking points on economics and social issues. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Just curious though, what made you vote blue?

What made me vote Republican? A combination of things
A. I had a 0/100 chance voting for Hillary and George Soros
B. While I don't agree with D trump on various stuff I do believe he has some good common sense points on trade jobs and forms of immigration reform
C. I agree greatly with D Trump on Russia
It's as simple as that. I voted Obama twice and I voted Hillary over Obama in the first primary. I never voted Republican once.

I grew up with all races I have many friends of all races and I look up to people of all races.
The crazy cat who keeps talking smack about me wanting to blow up the ME is taking my thought process way out of context. I believe the US has to be very strong against Iran and nkorea. And one day if necessary eliminate them if they step over the laSt red line

RIP Crushalot😞
NardDogNation

8/27/2017  5:12 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

You probably should've voted for a Presidential candidate that believed in climate change and was willing to do something about it. Because these weather patterns will become the new standard.

Human factors increasing flood risk: urbanisation, because towns and cities have more impermeable surfaces. deforestation, because removing trees reduces the amount of water intercepted and increases run-off.

Raising livestock the way we do and burning fossil fuels are the primary factors for climate change...but I'm not sure what is your underlying point.

Texas has massive deforestation, bottom 10 in the country. This comes from over industrialization and from ignoring any type of conservation of natural resources objectives.

And I'm not denying that this is an issue. But extreme weather patterns are not unique to Texas, is it?

A better question: why aren't they better regulating what is happening in their backyard?

NardDogNation

8/27/2017  5:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2017  5:17 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
arkrud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
arkrud wrote:Some people have some kind of short circuit in their brains...
Anything that happening is political and Trumps fault.

He was probably the main reason for sun eclipse...
The storm is a much bigger issue for pure people of all kind who will be hardest hit as usual.
It's a shame that we as a country cannot invest in safety infrastructure for most vulnerable areas.
This were the government investment should go not in bailing out failing corporation and providing millions of useless government jobs.
US leadership suck big time all Dems, Reps, Obamas and Trumps including. Bunch of useless losers.

Everything you just mentioned that is exacerbating the situation (e.g. political parties sucking, tax dollars being misappropriated, lack of infrastructure) is rooted in politics. Yet, in the same breathe, you are criticizing people who think politics is central to this disaster. Quite a bit of irony with you.

My point was again that placing blame on any of specific politicians is ironic by itself.
They do not differ from each other in being interested only in their own political capital not the needs of those whom they should represent.
The system of governing is corrupt in general and became some kind of corporation to get profits and guarantied income for doing nothing.
And as all sides are one big mafia there is no accountability.

I don't think you understand the meaning of "irony". That aside, any one individual or any group that champions stupidity with regards to environmental regulations deserves blame for this. Polticially, only Republicans fit the bill.

Besides, let's not kid ourselves into thinking that a guy like BRIGGS doesn't vote a straight-ticket that uniformly denies climate change and cuts research to understand its scope.

Wtf are you talking about? I was a democrat until the last year. Do you really think that in 6 months that D Teump created this storm? Is that what u d saying? And the 63 mm people who voted for him are indirectly responsible for an act of God? Jees man get a grip. This thread is about an incredibly horrific storm people are dealing with today?????

This "act of God" is actually caused by us pumping carbon into the atmosphere. One side of the political sphere acknowledges this fact and is willing to fund endeavors into addressing it through innovation as well as research i.e. Democrats and more specifically progressives. The other side is cool with the status quo because they are funded by oil companies that are the primary culprits i.e. Republicans. You feel sorry for those people in Houston? Lovely, take that into your calculus next time at the polls.

And you supposedly being a Democrat at any point is shocking; almost as shocking as finding out that Knickoftime is actually Steve Mills. In the 4 years I've been a member of this board though, I seem to only recall you regurgitating conservative talking points on economics and social issues. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Just curious though, what made you vote blue?

What made me vote Republican? A combination of things
A. I had a 0/100 chance voting for Hillary and George Soros
B. While I don't agree with D trump on various stuff I do believe he has some good common sense points on trade jobs and forms of immigration reform
C. I agree greatly with D Trump on Russia
It's as simple as that. I voted Obama twice and I voted Hillary over Obama in the first primary. I never voted Republican once.

I grew up with all races I have many friends of all races and I look up to people of all races.
The crazy cat who keeps talking smack about me wanting to blow up the ME is taking my thought process way out of context. I believe the US has to be very strong against Iran and nkorea. And one day if necessary eliminate them if they step over the laSt red line

No, what progressive principles made you lean left i.e. Because none of what I've ever recalled you saying ever hinted at being a part of the coalition that represents the political left in this country. Because Bernie Sanders represented that coalition well and everything you allegedly like about Trump but only ever heard you talking about the Republican primary, in particular, Trump.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/27/2017  5:24 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

define "worst"

If this storm was headed for Salt Lake City I might agree with you, not an area with one of the largest Latino communities in America. That was a stretch.

NardDogNation

8/27/2017  6:43 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

define "worst"

If this storm was headed for Salt Lake City I might agree with you, not an area with one of the largest Latino communities in America. That was a stretch.

I think he was being sarcastic because of comments/conclusions made in a different thread. But in any case, have you gotten word about your family man? I didn't mean to be callous and over look your earlier post.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/27/2017  7:46 PM
This isn't a Racial Issue IMO. People of all races are coming together to help each other!

What does bother me is that Trump has been doing some damage to areas of Government that would help in situations like this!

GustavBahler

8/27/2017  7:46 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

define "worst"

I think he was being sarcastic because of comments/conclusions made in a different thread. But in any case, have you gotten word about your family man? I didn't mean to be callous and over look your earlier post.

You may be right, but I did not get that from Briggs post.

Thanks for asking about my family NardDog, much appreciated. Heard that they were OK. They're stuck in their apt in a high rise with some friends who were flooded out of their homes, but they're safe.

blkexec lives in the Dallas area I believe, hopefully he and his family are safe, big storm.

meloshouldgo

8/27/2017  8:08 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

And I'm not denying that this is an issue. But extreme weather patterns are not unique to Texas, is it?

A better question: why aren't they better regulating what is happening in their backyard?

It's a related question - what you and I described separately are both mechanisms for environmental damage. As to why they are not regulating it - well you know they want to deregulate everything right? From cornflakes to derivatives to environmental destruction?

NardDogNation

8/27/2017  8:30 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

define "worst"

Thanks for asking about my family NardDog, much appreciated. Heard that they were OK. They're stuck in their apt in a high rise with some friends who were flooded out of their homes, but they're safe.

blkexec lives in the Dallas area I believe, hopefully he and his family are safe, big storm.

I guess they still have power in order to communicate. That and being in a high rise must be clutch in that situation. Is it the first time they been through a storm like this?

GustavBahler

8/27/2017  11:17 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

define "worst"

I guess they still have power in order to communicate. That and being in a high rise must be clutch in that situation. Is it the first time they been through a storm like this?

Thanks for asking NardDog, funny you should ask. One of my relatives there was caught up in the Johnstown flood of 77'. They are elderly and one of them just got out of surgery, so Im glad they're safe.

Unfortunately these storms will only get worse. I lived in Fla for 20 years, enough to learn these storms are no joke.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/28/2017  10:22 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

define "worst"

Omg you obnoxious loser. I haven't shot anything personal towards anyone-- but you seem to feel free to take ludicrous pop shots at me based on absolutely nothing. Don't be a dweeb-- this is a once in a multi generational storm that we have not seen and hopefully will not see again. This is affecting millions of people and really the whole US. This is not a ****ing joking matter idiot

You proposed killing half my family in the Middle East last year with nuclear weapons

We really need to start compiling these comments to index them. They are almost too ridiculous to believe...but he says them...and he means them. But he's not alone. Gunsewing and arkrud have made the same comments in the past.

I did what?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/28/2017  10:52 AM
Very american perspective is that one american life is more valuable than others. Especially whites. Especially Blond girl teens.
Little blond girl goes missing in Aruba, whole country goes freaking nuts.
Little black girl gets shot in chicago, no national news.
Any terror act the body count is noted, then its "How many americans were killed", then we go nuts.
Thus, we dehumanize all others.

I guess, Public outrage is something like this:

50 White europeans for ever American.
100 Japanese killed in an earthquate for every american.
1000 Chinese killed in a mudslide

Nobody cares about the kids in the middle east but White america goes nuts when Israel has collateral damage because fighers hid behind kids.
Nobody cares when tunnels are found and the plot was to shoot up israeli preschool children.
When our deranged over gun population shoots up an elementary school, we allow conspiracy to make it a gov't conspiracy so we can continue to sell guns.
Second amendment is more important than the first.
Nobody cares about death in middle east or in Africa.
Still........

GustavBahler

8/28/2017  11:23 AM
Nalod wrote:Very american perspective is that one american life is more valuable than others. Especially whites. Especially Blond girl teens.
Any terror act the body count is noted, then its "How many americans were killed", then we go nuts.

Nobody cares about the kids in the middle east but White america goes nuts when Israel has collateral damage because fighers hid behind kids.
Nobody cares when tunnels are found and the plot was to shoot up israeli preschool children.
When our deranged over gun population shoots up an elementary school, we allow conspiracy to make it a gov't conspiracy so we can continue to sell guns.
Still........

One hell of a storm to reach all the way to Israel.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

8/28/2017  11:30 AM
I lived in Galveston during Hurricane Ike. That was one of if not the most traumatic moment of my life. The amount of water that exceeded the highest elevation point was 17". The estimates I've seen for this storm are the high 40s to low 50s. My heart really goes out to everyone. Those numbers are so much larger than the hell I experienced...
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
smackeddog
Member: #883
8/28/2017  12:32 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I lived in Galveston during Hurricane Ike. That was one of if not the most traumatic moment of my life. The amount of water that exceeded the highest elevation point was 17". The estimates I've seen for this storm are the high 40s to low 50s. My heart really goes out to everyone. Those numbers are so much larger than the hell I experienced...

Horrific stuff which scarily will become more wide spread in the future- I do wish climate change deniers would see sense- denying climate change makes no sense from any angle- peoples lives, ethics, our kids futures, financially

meloshouldgo

8/28/2017  12:36 PM
Nalod wrote:Very american perspective is that one american life is more valuable than others. Especially whites. Especially Blond girl teens.

Still........

This is not the right time

MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
8/28/2017  1:22 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I lived in Galveston during Hurricane Ike. That was one of if not the most traumatic moment of my life. The amount of water that exceeded the highest elevation point was 17". The estimates I've seen for this storm are the high 40s to low 50s. My heart really goes out to everyone. Those numbers are so much larger than the hell I experienced...

It's scary stuff. Went to school in Texas, have a lot of friends in the Houston area. Just heard back from one this morning who was telling me his truck was completely submerged in all this and likely done for. Roads completely flooded - people staying put for a good while now. It comes at you so fast.

Fortunately everyone I know down there seems to be doing ok (aside from property loss).

Hoping we can make it out of this without any more lives lost.

NardDogNation

8/28/2017  5:33 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

define "worst"

I did what?

Support vaporizing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians with a nuclear bomb. Keep up with the conversation.

ot Texas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy