[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If you have to watch the way you cut your hair--this world is fckd
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Posts: 23985
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

8/23/2017  6:25 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:You want straight talk and discourse or just complain ? You want problem to start getting solved--then you have to hear from both sides.

I've done nothing but engage you in discourse. Disagreeing with you and finding fault in your positions is not complaining.

You think you are dead right that Im a racist and so is every white guy right? AA for the most part have great hatred towards whites? and on the other hand white people along with Asian and European are fearful of AA. So we need to do something about that--we need change. Again you just have a self righteous view. You are seeing one side. If AA feels slighted form racism today--can you explain how that is today? How exactly did racism effect your life? A white guy do something to you? A Chinese guy do something bad to you? Dont tell me about 19060 tell me about 2017. I see AA President and every other position. A great deal of fairness exist. People from 1960 must laugh at people today talking about racism--they experienced it--you dont.

If you'd like this straight talk discourse to continue ... If YOU want to hear other sides ... It is necessary you answer a question. Straight-forwardly, no hedging, please.

How did you conclude what my race is?

Spoiler warning: I'm a card-carrying white guy.

You're name is Steve Mills--Ive seen you may times. I dont need to conclude anything--I know you're AA.

My name is not Steve Mills, I've never posted here under the name Steve Mills, I do not know who "Steve Mills" is and I am in fact, white.

Answer the question.


. Every last person on this board knows who Steve Mills is and you claim you don't? . Steve its ok--atleast youre getting paid handsomely to post on a Knicks message board. But we wonder why they lose!

Wait, so you genuinely think I'm the Executive President of the Knicks?

No, it didn't even occur to me you're referring to that Steve Mills.

Hey Steve, I'm Keith Van Horn- did you know BRIGGS is actually Donald Trump?

I want to be a Batman. But not knowing who Steve Mills is =hilarious.

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Posts: 23985
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

8/23/2017  6:28 PM
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:It's just reality. I treat all people the same -- I have friends of all creeds colors-- it has no bearing on me. In fact my AA or Asian friends -- guys who grew up in Brooklyn and Ct are all the same way. There is no need to talk about race issues because we have none between each other. Were long term friends. I think in this world you give effort uou can have happiness and success-- no one us held back.

You're world is not representative of the Majority for African Americans so you really have no frame of reference IMO. The Majority of AA's still live in the former Slave States which is also where the majority of Confederate Monuments are and groups like the KKK etc. There is a long standing order of things down here that you simply can't understand if you refuse to listen to those who know from experience.

You really seem to have a lack of understanding that life in other areas may not reflect the experience others live in other areas. It's as if you are intentionally being obtuse about this. You seem to think somehow this is all just being overblown. I would love to have you come down here and talk your nonsense. Let me take you to the areas where the Sons of the Confederacy have their compounds and control of entire towns. They've always been in control and still hold onto that power. You would not be so smug about these things.

You either will remain in ignorance or you can change that and actually LEARN the truth and be enlightened. There are plenty of members on this forum who could help you if you legitimately wanted to learn and expand your knowledge. Why is it that you think the South is so solidly Red and under Republican Control? The percentage of AA per state is highest in the South. It always has been and that is why they used Violence to keep AA's from voting. Now they just pass voter Suppression laws and limit the number of voting locations, but it's the same reasons. CONTROL.

Nix - you seems to be very knowledgeable and deeply involved in AA issues in the South and elsewhere in US.
Leaving in NY/NJ in its multinational fresh-emigrant communities I cannot see the issues you highlight.
The population is so diverse and even African people are mostly not AA but rather later African and Latin American/Caribbean emigrants.
I think Briggs is in the same boat, that's why he cannot relate to many issues you are talking about.
I think your concerns are very valid and live conditions and problems of AA people you describe are real.
One thing I want to understand - why in your opinion the AA people in US and specifically in the South are not coming together with well defined political party and their own political representatives to bring their grievances to the forefront of US political life?
Why with so many prominent AA people in mainstream politics, media, entertainment business, and in all areas of culture they do not come with clear message about the issues and problem like you do? Why instead they are waiting for Democrats or some random White figures to get enlightened about this issues and go to war for AA people?


Part of the problem is that the TRUTH about this country's history is not taught. That's why I always go back and bring it up to the modern era so that there is a sense of perspective of how we got here and why things are so bad for AA's and other minorities.

There's this myth that you can only relate if you're an AA as opposed to a new immigrant. As for your question about all the Prominent AA's not being able to come with a clear message or some other solution, well you have to remember that there are long established Power Structures in place and overall AA's don't have enough power to get things done on their own. Perhaps they might've been able to if not for the many times over the years where they were purposefully attacked in order to prevent any progress.

You have to remember that they used the FBI and CIA to break up Black Power Movements. They've also destroyed many Black communities that were progressing on their own. This is not an accident that AA's are behind in every facet of Society!!! This was done on purpose! Why do you think they still try to block or limit AA's from voting? In the former Slave States the % of AA is higher and high enough to actually impact Elections. This is why the KKK used Terror to keep AA's from voting.


Rank State African-American Alone
Population (2010)[1] % African-American
1 District of Columbia 305,074 50.08%
2 Mississippi 1,074,200 37.30%
3 Louisiana 1,506,534 32.4%
4 Georgia 3,150,435 31.4%
5 Maryland 1,798,593 30.1%
6 South Carolina 1,290,684 28.48%
7 Alabama 1,251,311 26.38%
8 North Carolina 2,048,628 21.60%

This is why they Shot, Lynched and Terrorized AA's to stop them from voting in the South:

Easy Nix, your answer should have been you are doing exactly what he is accusing AA people of not doing. You are posting here everyday to make those points over and over again and not waiting for random white people to do it for you. And you are surely not the only one and basketball firms are surely not the only place that's being done.

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
Knickoftime
Posts: 23204
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

8/23/2017  6:35 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:You want straight talk and discourse or just complain ? You want problem to start getting solved--then you have to hear from both sides.

I've done nothing but engage you in discourse. Disagreeing with you and finding fault in your positions is not complaining.

You think you are dead right that Im a racist and so is every white guy right? AA for the most part have great hatred towards whites? and on the other hand white people along with Asian and European are fearful of AA. So we need to do something about that--we need change. Again you just have a self righteous view. You are seeing one side. If AA feels slighted form racism today--can you explain how that is today? How exactly did racism effect your life? A white guy do something to you? A Chinese guy do something bad to you? Dont tell me about 19060 tell me about 2017. I see AA President and every other position. A great deal of fairness exist. People from 1960 must laugh at people today talking about racism--they experienced it--you dont.

If you'd like this straight talk discourse to continue ... If YOU want to hear other sides ... It is necessary you answer a question. Straight-forwardly, no hedging, please.

How did you conclude what my race is?

Spoiler warning: I'm a card-carrying white guy.

You're name is Steve Mills--Ive seen you may times. I dont need to conclude anything--I know you're AA.

My name is not Steve Mills, I've never posted here under the name Steve Mills, I do not know who "Steve Mills" is and I am in fact, white.

Answer the question.


. Every last person on this board knows who Steve Mills is and you claim you don't? . Steve its ok--atleast youre getting paid handsomely to post on a Knicks message board. But we wonder why they lose!

Wait, so you genuinely think I'm the Executive President of the Knicks?

No, it didn't even occur to me you're referring to that Steve Mills.

Hey Steve, I'm Keith Van Horn- did you know BRIGGS is actually Donald Trump?

I want to be a Batman. But not knowing who Steve Mills is =hilarious.

I didn't make the connection. It simply never occurred to me he was making that insane of a suggestion.

Knickoftime
Posts: 23204
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

8/23/2017  6:59 PM
This is always appropriate.

Knickoftime
Posts: 23204
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

8/23/2017  7:23 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Personally in my life the only racism that I have seen would be minimal.

Your personal experiences in a certain region aren't really the point, it'a not even a point.

But are white people afraid of persons from the inner city-- answer yes. Do I think white police officers are scared of Aa acting out violently-- answer-- I know they do because I have more than - friend who is a police officer. The Aa Americans who grew up around white people are not complainers not scary not violent-- they are every day great guys. violence and some embedded hatred of whites-- especially fueled by the Internet is a problem. Everyone from very race needs to be the solution. White people need to push government to spend more on infrastructure for inner cities and as have to get over 200 years ago.

You're demonstrating what occurs when you watch too much FOX News.

Like our President you're conflating black people with "inner cities."

You also don't seem to be aware of the fact that violent crime rates are down significantly. The murder rate in New York City is less than a quarter of what it was in 1990.

Where violent crime rates have risen in the last two years is almost exclusively in a handful of neighborhoods in a handful of cities across the US.

You also keep bringing up the fear white people have of blacks and the hatred black people have of whites, seemingly suggesting that the rates of violent crime against white people by black people is on the rise. It is not.

I don't hold German people accountable for the loss of my family

This is irrelevant. Blame or accountability isn't an issue.

All you're demonstrating is your own personal fear, pulling in other "white people" with you.

This is the same fear and unease and resentment some whites, particularly southerners, felt during the civil rights movement.

BRIGGS
Posts: 49451
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
8/23/2017  8:15 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Personally in my life the only racism that I have seen would be minimal.

Your personal experiences in a certain region aren't really the point, it'a not even a point.

But are white people afraid of persons from the inner city-- answer yes. Do I think white police officers are scared of Aa acting out violently-- answer-- I know they do because I have more than - friend who is a police officer. The Aa Americans who grew up around white people are not complainers not scary not violent-- they are every day great guys. violence and some embedded hatred of whites-- especially fueled by the Internet is a problem. Everyone from very race needs to be the solution. White people need to push government to spend more on infrastructure for inner cities and as have to get over 200 years ago.

You're demonstrating what occurs when you watch too much FOX News.

Like our President you're conflating black people with "inner cities."

You also don't seem to be aware of the fact that violent crime rates are down significantly. The murder rate in New York City is less than a quarter of what it was in 1990.

Where violent crime rates have risen in the last two years is almost exclusively in a handful of neighborhoods in a handful of cities across the US.

You also keep bringing up the fear white people have of blacks and the hatred black people have of whites, seemingly suggesting that the rates of violent crime against white people by black people is on the rise. It is not.

I don't hold German people accountable for the loss of my family

This is irrelevant. Blame or accountability isn't an issue.

All you're demonstrating is your own personal fear, pulling in other "white people" with you.

This is the same fear and unease and resentment some whites, particularly southerners, felt during the civil rights movement.

You take things and run far away and use your own context. >>>

Let me ask you Knicktime--what would be in Colin K's best interest? If he stood for the National Anthem and used his star power to promote open forum for discussion OR do you think that sitting and protesting will do more good? Hes protesting police violence towards AA. Why doesnt he talk to the police about it? Sitting back and saying racism or protesting does nothing?? I know for a fact that he is enraging people he should have open forum with?? Its the same nasty cycle. He doesnt have a job because he is handling things the wrong way. People are open to talk peacefully--how much good would come out of open public forum? Instead he wants to say AA's are being jobbed again?? Goes no where--want to go somewhere--talk to the cops and see what 's going on?

nixluva
Posts: 55256
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
8/23/2017  8:59 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:That's within a reasonable distance. Personally in my life the only racism that I have seen would be minimal. But are white people afraid of persons from the inner city-- answer yes. Do I think white police officers are scared of Aa acting out violently-- answer-- I know they do because I have more than - friend who is a police officer. The Aa Americans who grew up around white people are not complainers not scary not violent-- they are every day great guys. violence and some embedded hatred of whites-- especially fueled by the Internet is a problem. Everyone from very race needs to be the solution. White people need to push government to spend more on infrastructure for inner cities and as have to get over 200 years ago. I don't hold German people accountable for the loss of my family

I almost can't believe some of the things that come out of you head! "AA's who grew up around white people are not complainers, not scary not violent"??? What does this even mean? JESUS MAN! MOST black people period are none of those things regardless of any interaction with White people!!!

Dude there are about 47 Million AA's in the U.S. Do you know how you sound saying things like you have?

Do you realize that AA's didn't have any animosity towards WHite People first. White People had animosity towards AA's and over hundreds of years you still don't have BLACK TERROR groups like the KKK that you can point to who have historically attacked White People. So how are AA's Violent when they won their freedom and rights SLOWLY and PEACEFULLY??? What happened to MLK, Medgar Evers or John Lewis? All those peaceful AA leaders and Civil Rights Activists who got beaten or killed?

This is where you just don't get it. AA's don't hate White People! AA's don't hold all individual White people responsible for Slavery or Jim Crow. The things is that the Assault on the AA Community has NEVER STOPPED! I'm not talking about individuals but SYSTEM WIDE! Surely you would have a problem if Germans today were still attacking you like the Nazis or if they found a less obvious way to hurt you and your community!!!

You seem to think that OVERT RACISM is the only issue and we've been trying to tell you that the most harmful things are built into the SYSTEM. It's not person to person!

Nixluva -- you want honesty-- I'm giving it to you? I can't and won't speak for southerners -- this is the northeast. White people and Asians( and police) are afraid of inner city AA-- and I think those same AA are embedded to hate white people in general -- cops are more aggressive with AA because of that fear factor and the honesty that inner city violence is scary stuff compared to what police see in suburbs Cops are trained to be alpha-- now think about that same cop who has 3 kids and a wife at home knowing there is a 10 x chance something bad that can happen to him

Honestly nixluva it isn't all that complicated. Protests and taking down statues -- that doesn't do anything-- direct dialogue and hard work to provide inner cities with Bette culture is the answer . We've been alive 50 years-- the same inner cities -- no change? Needs to be change!!

BRIGGS I never asked you for honesty and I surely didn't ask you to speak for Southerners! I don't know why you think you can speak for groups like White People, Asians or Inner City AA's!

What do you mean when you say AA's are embedded to hate White people in general? How many AA's could you possibly know and how would that make you knowledgeable about what they're thinking?

Cops in Rural areas and Suburbs have used excessive force too so Inner City can't be an excuse! Besides how does that excuse shooting unarmed people?

You say this isn't complicated when in fact it's extremely complicated because of how long these issues of Race in America have not been seriously addressed.

You say protesting and taking down statues doesn't do anything but Civil Rights were won by peaceful protests in the face of violence! Statues honoring Racist Traitors put up to show defiance and instill fear should come down! Why should the U.S. Honor Traitors who fought to destroy the country?

You started to sound reasonable when you spoke of direct dialogue but then you added "hard work to provide inner cities with better culture" WTF??? CULTURE? The use of this word suggests a very racist stereotype and intimates that there's some BAD AA CULTURAL issues at the heart of the problem. You're suggesting it's not the SYSTEM but rather the AA people are the problem.

Just remember that the White power structure created Black Ghettos and then disinvested and left these neighborhoods to ROT. Then send in a Police force to contain and crackdown on these people. This is what you keep missing. WHITE PEOPLE IN POWER CREATED the so called inner cities you're talking about. Hard working Black folks weren't allowed to just live where they wanted! Look it up and learn your history!!!

arkrud
Posts: 30681
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
8/23/2017  9:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/23/2017  9:55 PM
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:It's just reality. I treat all people the same -- I have friends of all creeds colors-- it has no bearing on me. In fact my AA or Asian friends -- guys who grew up in Brooklyn and Ct are all the same way. There is no need to talk about race issues because we have none between each other. Were long term friends. I think in this world you give effort uou can have happiness and success-- no one us held back.

You're world is not representative of the Majority for African Americans so you really have no frame of reference IMO. The Majority of AA's still live in the former Slave States which is also where the majority of Confederate Monuments are and groups like the KKK etc. There is a long standing order of things down here that you simply can't understand if you refuse to listen to those who know from experience.

You really seem to have a lack of understanding that life in other areas may not reflect the experience others live in other areas. It's as if you are intentionally being obtuse about this. You seem to think somehow this is all just being overblown. I would love to have you come down here and talk your nonsense. Let me take you to the areas where the Sons of the Confederacy have their compounds and control of entire towns. They've always been in control and still hold onto that power. You would not be so smug about these things.

You either will remain in ignorance or you can change that and actually LEARN the truth and be enlightened. There are plenty of members on this forum who could help you if you legitimately wanted to learn and expand your knowledge. Why is it that you think the South is so solidly Red and under Republican Control? The percentage of AA per state is highest in the South. It always has been and that is why they used Violence to keep AA's from voting. Now they just pass voter Suppression laws and limit the number of voting locations, but it's the same reasons. CONTROL.

Nix - you seems to be very knowledgeable and deeply involved in AA issues in the South and elsewhere in US.
Leaving in NY/NJ in its multinational fresh-emigrant communities I cannot see the issues you highlight.
The population is so diverse and even African people are mostly not AA but rather later African and Latin American/Caribbean emigrants.
I think Briggs is in the same boat, that's why he cannot relate to many issues you are talking about.
I think your concerns are very valid and live conditions and problems of AA people you describe are real.
One thing I want to understand - why in your opinion the AA people in US and specifically in the South are not coming together with well defined political party and their own political representatives to bring their grievances to the forefront of US political life?
Why with so many prominent AA people in mainstream politics, media, entertainment business, and in all areas of culture they do not come with clear message about the issues and problem like you do? Why instead they are waiting for Democrats or some random White figures to get enlightened about this issues and go to war for AA people?


Part of the problem is that the TRUTH about this country's history is not taught. That's why I always go back and bring it up to the modern era so that there is a sense of perspective of how we got here and why things are so bad for AA's and other minorities.

There's this myth that you can only relate if you're an AA as opposed to a new immigrant. As for your question about all the Prominent AA's not being able to come with a clear message or some other solution, well you have to remember that there are long established Power Structures in place and overall AA's don't have enough power to get things done on their own. Perhaps they might've been able to if not for the many times over the years where they were purposefully attacked in order to prevent any progress.

You have to remember that they used the FBI and CIA to break up Black Power Movements. They've also destroyed many Black communities that were progressing on their own. This is not an accident that AA's are behind in every facet of Society!!! This was done on purpose! Why do you think they still try to block or limit AA's from voting? In the former Slave States the % of AA is higher and high enough to actually impact Elections. This is why the KKK used Terror to keep AA's from voting.


Rank State African-American Alone
Population (2010)[1] % African-American
1 District of Columbia 305,074 50.08%
2 Mississippi 1,074,200 37.30%
3 Louisiana 1,506,534 32.4%
4 Georgia 3,150,435 31.4%
5 Maryland 1,798,593 30.1%
6 South Carolina 1,290,684 28.48%
7 Alabama 1,251,311 26.38%
8 North Carolina 2,048,628 21.60%

This is why they Shot, Lynched and Terrorized AA's to stop them from voting in the South:

So what you actually mean that due to all this years of oppression from the powerful elites and government low enforcement structures AA leaders are discouraged and scared to stand up and create their own political party outside of mainstream super-parties (Dems and Reps). You also imply that due to media and political misrepresentation of AA community new emigrants from Africa and Caribbean cannot relate and stand up shoulder-to-shoulder to protect their humanity and basic rights. I can see this....
But why do you think it is so difficult to come up with some positive non-destructive and antagonist moment similar to the era when segregation failed under joint effort of many progressive people? What is missing from the puzzle?


You misunderstand me. What I was attempting to show you is that just 5 years after the end of the Civil War AA's had accomplished a LOT! There was the beginning of establishing real institutions and wealth. The only thing that stopped this was Violence and intimidation once the U.S. Troops left the South. Then after they got rid of all the Elected AA officials they enacted laws to subjugate the AA Population again. Any AA Leaders that rose up got cut down!!!

What you seem to be missing is that the attacks on the AA Community never stopped. The Systems in place are set up in such a way to perpetuate the Inequality. AA's on their own can only do so much when faced with the onslaught from outside their community. The PLAN has worked so well that AA's don't have the Generational Wealth or Black Owned Institutions that could lead to more success. Destruction of Black Cities like Greenwood known as Black Wall Street or more recently the Housing Bubble and Great Recession decimated AA Wealth. Never mind the totally lopsided Judicial System and Law Enforcement Practices!!!

AA's don't have enough representation in White Society, Big Business or Country Club life. AA's have been corralled into lower income neighborhoods for so long that it creates a negative impact on the community. There are no jobs for AA Youth. It's such a vast system of Oppression that it's extremely difficult to climb out of. Just because a few make it to the higher levels economically doesn't make up for the underlying issues. This is why AA's complain about the SYSTEM being against them.

I am sorry if I misunderstood you.
I understand the history and I will repeat even if you do not like it that many other nations in other couturiers had same and worth experience for hundreds and thousand of years.
And they never solved their issues when they use violence or keep clamoring about the past.
You can repeat the reasons of the AA problems 20 times over but it will not solve any issues and will never make live better for inner cities and South.
People need solutions, need actions, need to come forward and make a change together.
The only way to do it in democratic society is through political process, through unity and political representation.
There are many, including many successful AA people who do not want to lift a finger to help struggling AA communities.
They are not racists of course... but they think if they made it why others still don't?
The African emigrants coming here and jumping to upper middle class in one generation and they are thinking why this inner city people never made it?
Of course they don't know the whole story, or don't want to know.
Time for exudes is over - time for hard work is now. Hard mental work... Time to drop the second class mentality and became the first class, the class of its own.
And educated and passionate people like you should be the first who need to step forward and say we should be better that this, we are better that this.
We should stop standing there with asking hand but organize themselves as political force and take what belongs to us.
This what many minorities did to became relevant and successful even if still hated. But hated for their success. I wish you to experience this type of hate - it is liberating and inspiring.

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
nixluva
Posts: 55256
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
8/23/2017  10:12 PM
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:It's just reality. I treat all people the same -- I have friends of all creeds colors-- it has no bearing on me. In fact my AA or Asian friends -- guys who grew up in Brooklyn and Ct are all the same way. There is no need to talk about race issues because we have none between each other. Were long term friends. I think in this world you give effort uou can have happiness and success-- no one us held back.

You're world is not representative of the Majority for African Americans so you really have no frame of reference IMO. The Majority of AA's still live in the former Slave States which is also where the majority of Confederate Monuments are and groups like the KKK etc. There is a long standing order of things down here that you simply can't understand if you refuse to listen to those who know from experience.

You really seem to have a lack of understanding that life in other areas may not reflect the experience others live in other areas. It's as if you are intentionally being obtuse about this. You seem to think somehow this is all just being overblown. I would love to have you come down here and talk your nonsense. Let me take you to the areas where the Sons of the Confederacy have their compounds and control of entire towns. They've always been in control and still hold onto that power. You would not be so smug about these things.

You either will remain in ignorance or you can change that and actually LEARN the truth and be enlightened. There are plenty of members on this forum who could help you if you legitimately wanted to learn and expand your knowledge. Why is it that you think the South is so solidly Red and under Republican Control? The percentage of AA per state is highest in the South. It always has been and that is why they used Violence to keep AA's from voting. Now they just pass voter Suppression laws and limit the number of voting locations, but it's the same reasons. CONTROL.

Nix - you seems to be very knowledgeable and deeply involved in AA issues in the South and elsewhere in US.
Leaving in NY/NJ in its multinational fresh-emigrant communities I cannot see the issues you highlight.
The population is so diverse and even African people are mostly not AA but rather later African and Latin American/Caribbean emigrants.
I think Briggs is in the same boat, that's why he cannot relate to many issues you are talking about.
I think your concerns are very valid and live conditions and problems of AA people you describe are real.
One thing I want to understand - why in your opinion the AA people in US and specifically in the South are not coming together with well defined political party and their own political representatives to bring their grievances to the forefront of US political life?
Why with so many prominent AA people in mainstream politics, media, entertainment business, and in all areas of culture they do not come with clear message about the issues and problem like you do? Why instead they are waiting for Democrats or some random White figures to get enlightened about this issues and go to war for AA people?


Part of the problem is that the TRUTH about this country's history is not taught. That's why I always go back and bring it up to the modern era so that there is a sense of perspective of how we got here and why things are so bad for AA's and other minorities.

There's this myth that you can only relate if you're an AA as opposed to a new immigrant. As for your question about all the Prominent AA's not being able to come with a clear message or some other solution, well you have to remember that there are long established Power Structures in place and overall AA's don't have enough power to get things done on their own. Perhaps they might've been able to if not for the many times over the years where they were purposefully attacked in order to prevent any progress.

You have to remember that they used the FBI and CIA to break up Black Power Movements. They've also destroyed many Black communities that were progressing on their own. This is not an accident that AA's are behind in every facet of Society!!! This was done on purpose! Why do you think they still try to block or limit AA's from voting? In the former Slave States the % of AA is higher and high enough to actually impact Elections. This is why the KKK used Terror to keep AA's from voting.


Rank State African-American Alone
Population (2010)[1] % African-American
1 District of Columbia 305,074 50.08%
2 Mississippi 1,074,200 37.30%
3 Louisiana 1,506,534 32.4%
4 Georgia 3,150,435 31.4%
5 Maryland 1,798,593 30.1%
6 South Carolina 1,290,684 28.48%
7 Alabama 1,251,311 26.38%
8 North Carolina 2,048,628 21.60%

This is why they Shot, Lynched and Terrorized AA's to stop them from voting in the South:

So what you actually mean that due to all this years of oppression from the powerful elites and government low enforcement structures AA leaders are discouraged and scared to stand up and create their own political party outside of mainstream super-parties (Dems and Reps). You also imply that due to media and political misrepresentation of AA community new emigrants from Africa and Caribbean cannot relate and stand up shoulder-to-shoulder to protect their humanity and basic rights. I can see this....
But why do you think it is so difficult to come up with some positive non-destructive and antagonist moment similar to the era when segregation failed under joint effort of many progressive people? What is missing from the puzzle?


You misunderstand me. What I was attempting to show you is that just 5 years after the end of the Civil War AA's had accomplished a LOT! There was the beginning of establishing real institutions and wealth. The only thing that stopped this was Violence and intimidation once the U.S. Troops left the South. Then after they got rid of all the Elected AA officials they enacted laws to subjugate the AA Population again. Any AA Leaders that rose up got cut down!!!

What you seem to be missing is that the attacks on the AA Community never stopped. The Systems in place are set up in such a way to perpetuate the Inequality. AA's on their own can only do so much when faced with the onslaught from outside their community. The PLAN has worked so well that AA's don't have the Generational Wealth or Black Owned Institutions that could lead to more success. Destruction of Black Cities like Greenwood known as Black Wall Street or more recently the Housing Bubble and Great Recession decimated AA Wealth. Never mind the totally lopsided Judicial System and Law Enforcement Practices!!!

AA's don't have enough representation in White Society, Big Business or Country Club life. AA's have been corralled into lower income neighborhoods for so long that it creates a negative impact on the community. There are no jobs for AA Youth. It's such a vast system of Oppression that it's extremely difficult to climb out of. Just because a few make it to the higher levels economically doesn't make up for the underlying issues. This is why AA's complain about the SYSTEM being against them.

I am sorry if I misunderstood you.
I understand the history and I will repeat even if you do not like it that many other nations in other couturiers had same and worth experience for hundreds and thousand of years.
And they never solved their issues when they use violence or keep clamoring about the past.
You can repeat the reasons of the AA problems 20 times over but it will not solve any issues and will never make live better for inner cities and South.
People need solutions, need actions, need to come forward and make a change together.
The only way to do it in democratic society is through political process, through unity and political representation.
There are many, including many successful AA people who do not want to lift a finger to help struggling AA communities.
They are not racists of course... but they think if they made it why others still don't?
The African emigrants coming here and jumping to upper middle class in one generation and they are thinking why this inner city people never made it?
Of course they don't know the whole story, or don't want to know.
Time for exudes is over - time for hard work is now. Hard mental work... Time to drop the second class mentality and became the first class, the class of its own.
And educated and passionate people like you should be the first who need to step forward and say we should be better that this, we are better that this.
We should stop standing there with asking hand but organize themselves as political force and take what belongs to us.
This what many minorities did to became relevant and successful even if still hated. But hated for their success. I wish you to experience this type of hate - it is liberating and inspiring.

I'm afraid you will never understand the depth and complexity of these issues. Just cuz a few African Immigrants were able to come here and be successful doesn't mean ALL of them have been able to do so. You have to know the circumstances of each case which you don't. Many of these successes stories are from highly educated people as opposed to some poor person without benefit of high education. Besides this is a drop in the bucket in comparison to the 47 million AA's.

You keep ignoring all the evidence I've presented to explain the SYSTEMIC impediments working against AA's. These systemic issues can trap anyone at any time. The point isn't to look at the exceptions who made it out but to GET RID OF THE IMPEDIMENTS that artificially disadvantage AA's and other minorities.

Case in point is unfair Banking Practices. I posted about this earlier in this thread. These are practices that are done without AA's knowledge. You can't understand this cuz you're not an African American but if you were it could effect you. Again this isn't about individual cases but entire Racial and ethnic groups!

arkrud
Posts: 30681
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
8/24/2017  12:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/24/2017  12:42 AM
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:It's just reality. I treat all people the same -- I have friends of all creeds colors-- it has no bearing on me. In fact my AA or Asian friends -- guys who grew up in Brooklyn and Ct are all the same way. There is no need to talk about race issues because we have none between each other. Were long term friends. I think in this world you give effort uou can have happiness and success-- no one us held back.

You're world is not representative of the Majority for African Americans so you really have no frame of reference IMO. The Majority of AA's still live in the former Slave States which is also where the majority of Confederate Monuments are and groups like the KKK etc. There is a long standing order of things down here that you simply can't understand if you refuse to listen to those who know from experience.

You really seem to have a lack of understanding that life in other areas may not reflect the experience others live in other areas. It's as if you are intentionally being obtuse about this. You seem to think somehow this is all just being overblown. I would love to have you come down here and talk your nonsense. Let me take you to the areas where the Sons of the Confederacy have their compounds and control of entire towns. They've always been in control and still hold onto that power. You would not be so smug about these things.

You either will remain in ignorance or you can change that and actually LEARN the truth and be enlightened. There are plenty of members on this forum who could help you if you legitimately wanted to learn and expand your knowledge. Why is it that you think the South is so solidly Red and under Republican Control? The percentage of AA per state is highest in the South. It always has been and that is why they used Violence to keep AA's from voting. Now they just pass voter Suppression laws and limit the number of voting locations, but it's the same reasons. CONTROL.

Nix - you seems to be very knowledgeable and deeply involved in AA issues in the South and elsewhere in US.
Leaving in NY/NJ in its multinational fresh-emigrant communities I cannot see the issues you highlight.
The population is so diverse and even African people are mostly not AA but rather later African and Latin American/Caribbean emigrants.
I think Briggs is in the same boat, that's why he cannot relate to many issues you are talking about.
I think your concerns are very valid and live conditions and problems of AA people you describe are real.
One thing I want to understand - why in your opinion the AA people in US and specifically in the South are not coming together with well defined political party and their own political representatives to bring their grievances to the forefront of US political life?
Why with so many prominent AA people in mainstream politics, media, entertainment business, and in all areas of culture they do not come with clear message about the issues and problem like you do? Why instead they are waiting for Democrats or some random White figures to get enlightened about this issues and go to war for AA people?


Part of the problem is that the TRUTH about this country's history is not taught. That's why I always go back and bring it up to the modern era so that there is a sense of perspective of how we got here and why things are so bad for AA's and other minorities.

There's this myth that you can only relate if you're an AA as opposed to a new immigrant. As for your question about all the Prominent AA's not being able to come with a clear message or some other solution, well you have to remember that there are long established Power Structures in place and overall AA's don't have enough power to get things done on their own. Perhaps they might've been able to if not for the many times over the years where they were purposefully attacked in order to prevent any progress.

You have to remember that they used the FBI and CIA to break up Black Power Movements. They've also destroyed many Black communities that were progressing on their own. This is not an accident that AA's are behind in every facet of Society!!! This was done on purpose! Why do you think they still try to block or limit AA's from voting? In the former Slave States the % of AA is higher and high enough to actually impact Elections. This is why the KKK used Terror to keep AA's from voting.


Rank State African-American Alone
Population (2010)[1] % African-American
1 District of Columbia 305,074 50.08%
2 Mississippi 1,074,200 37.30%
3 Louisiana 1,506,534 32.4%
4 Georgia 3,150,435 31.4%
5 Maryland 1,798,593 30.1%
6 South Carolina 1,290,684 28.48%
7 Alabama 1,251,311 26.38%
8 North Carolina 2,048,628 21.60%

This is why they Shot, Lynched and Terrorized AA's to stop them from voting in the South:

So what you actually mean that due to all this years of oppression from the powerful elites and government low enforcement structures AA leaders are discouraged and scared to stand up and create their own political party outside of mainstream super-parties (Dems and Reps). You also imply that due to media and political misrepresentation of AA community new emigrants from Africa and Caribbean cannot relate and stand up shoulder-to-shoulder to protect their humanity and basic rights. I can see this....
But why do you think it is so difficult to come up with some positive non-destructive and antagonist moment similar to the era when segregation failed under joint effort of many progressive people? What is missing from the puzzle?


You misunderstand me. What I was attempting to show you is that just 5 years after the end of the Civil War AA's had accomplished a LOT! There was the beginning of establishing real institutions and wealth. The only thing that stopped this was Violence and intimidation once the U.S. Troops left the South. Then after they got rid of all the Elected AA officials they enacted laws to subjugate the AA Population again. Any AA Leaders that rose up got cut down!!!

What you seem to be missing is that the attacks on the AA Community never stopped. The Systems in place are set up in such a way to perpetuate the Inequality. AA's on their own can only do so much when faced with the onslaught from outside their community. The PLAN has worked so well that AA's don't have the Generational Wealth or Black Owned Institutions that could lead to more success. Destruction of Black Cities like Greenwood known as Black Wall Street or more recently the Housing Bubble and Great Recession decimated AA Wealth. Never mind the totally lopsided Judicial System and Law Enforcement Practices!!!

AA's don't have enough representation in White Society, Big Business or Country Club life. AA's have been corralled into lower income neighborhoods for so long that it creates a negative impact on the community. There are no jobs for AA Youth. It's such a vast system of Oppression that it's extremely difficult to climb out of. Just because a few make it to the higher levels economically doesn't make up for the underlying issues. This is why AA's complain about the SYSTEM being against them.

I am sorry if I misunderstood you.
I understand the history and I will repeat even if you do not like it that many other nations in other couturiers had same and worth experience for hundreds and thousand of years.
And they never solved their issues when they use violence or keep clamoring about the past.
You can repeat the reasons of the AA problems 20 times over but it will not solve any issues and will never make live better for inner cities and South.
People need solutions, need actions, need to come forward and make a change together.
The only way to do it in democratic society is through political process, through unity and political representation.
There are many, including many successful AA people who do not want to lift a finger to help struggling AA communities.
They are not racists of course... but they think if they made it why others still don't?
The African emigrants coming here and jumping to upper middle class in one generation and they are thinking why this inner city people never made it?
Of course they don't know the whole story, or don't want to know.
Time for exudes is over - time for hard work is now. Hard mental work... Time to drop the second class mentality and became the first class, the class of its own.
And educated and passionate people like you should be the first who need to step forward and say we should be better that this, we are better that this.
We should stop standing there with asking hand but organize themselves as political force and take what belongs to us.
This what many minorities did to became relevant and successful even if still hated. But hated for their success. I wish you to experience this type of hate - it is liberating and inspiring.

I'm afraid you will never understand the depth and complexity of these issues. Just cuz a few African Immigrants were able to come here and be successful doesn't mean ALL of them have been able to do so. You have to know the circumstances of each case which you don't. Many of these successes stories are from highly educated people as opposed to some poor person without benefit of high education. Besides this is a drop in the bucket in comparison to the 47 million AA's.

You keep ignoring all the evidence I've presented to explain the SYSTEMIC impediments working against AA's. These systemic issues can trap anyone at any time. The point isn't to look at the exceptions who made it out but to GET RID OF THE IMPEDIMENTS that artificially disadvantage AA's and other minorities.

Case in point is unfair Banking Practices. I posted about this earlier in this thread. These are practices that are done without AA's knowledge. You can't understand this cuz you're not an African American but if you were it could effect you. Again this isn't about individual cases but entire Racial and ethnic groups!

I saw this issues with my own eyes when I drive through some neighborhoods and I was leaving in Brooklyn. I am not blind.
But I think you are wrong about how many successful AA people are around in US and how many successful new emigrants from all over the world are made good for themselves, their families, and their communities.
The vicious cycle of poverty, crime, drugs, and resentment is hard to break. But many great people did it and open themselves and their children to better life.
This is worth celebrating not only getting noticed and for some reason you left them out and pointing only to those who still suffering.
We need to help each other not look for somebody or something to blame. This does no good.
You can drug some Confederate statue to the ground an bit it with a stick all day long. Will it make life of anyone better?

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
nixluva
Posts: 55256
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
8/24/2017  10:17 AM
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:It's just reality. I treat all people the same -- I have friends of all creeds colors-- it has no bearing on me. In fact my AA or Asian friends -- guys who grew up in Brooklyn and Ct are all the same way. There is no need to talk about race issues because we have none between each other. Were long term friends. I think in this world you give effort uou can have happiness and success-- no one us held back.

You're world is not representative of the Majority for African Americans so you really have no frame of reference IMO. The Majority of AA's still live in the former Slave States which is also where the majority of Confederate Monuments are and groups like the KKK etc. There is a long standing order of things down here that you simply can't understand if you refuse to listen to those who know from experience.

You really seem to have a lack of understanding that life in other areas may not reflect the experience others live in other areas. It's as if you are intentionally being obtuse about this. You seem to think somehow this is all just being overblown. I would love to have you come down here and talk your nonsense. Let me take you to the areas where the Sons of the Confederacy have their compounds and control of entire towns. They've always been in control and still hold onto that power. You would not be so smug about these things.

You either will remain in ignorance or you can change that and actually LEARN the truth and be enlightened. There are plenty of members on this forum who could help you if you legitimately wanted to learn and expand your knowledge. Why is it that you think the South is so solidly Red and under Republican Control? The percentage of AA per state is highest in the South. It always has been and that is why they used Violence to keep AA's from voting. Now they just pass voter Suppression laws and limit the number of voting locations, but it's the same reasons. CONTROL.

Nix - you seems to be very knowledgeable and deeply involved in AA issues in the South and elsewhere in US.
Leaving in NY/NJ in its multinational fresh-emigrant communities I cannot see the issues you highlight.
The population is so diverse and even African people are mostly not AA but rather later African and Latin American/Caribbean emigrants.
I think Briggs is in the same boat, that's why he cannot relate to many issues you are talking about.
I think your concerns are very valid and live conditions and problems of AA people you describe are real.
One thing I want to understand - why in your opinion the AA people in US and specifically in the South are not coming together with well defined political party and their own political representatives to bring their grievances to the forefront of US political life?
Why with so many prominent AA people in mainstream politics, media, entertainment business, and in all areas of culture they do not come with clear message about the issues and problem like you do? Why instead they are waiting for Democrats or some random White figures to get enlightened about this issues and go to war for AA people?


Part of the problem is that the TRUTH about this country's history is not taught. That's why I always go back and bring it up to the modern era so that there is a sense of perspective of how we got here and why things are so bad for AA's and other minorities.

There's this myth that you can only relate if you're an AA as opposed to a new immigrant. As for your question about all the Prominent AA's not being able to come with a clear message or some other solution, well you have to remember that there are long established Power Structures in place and overall AA's don't have enough power to get things done on their own. Perhaps they might've been able to if not for the many times over the years where they were purposefully attacked in order to prevent any progress.

You have to remember that they used the FBI and CIA to break up Black Power Movements. They've also destroyed many Black communities that were progressing on their own. This is not an accident that AA's are behind in every facet of Society!!! This was done on purpose! Why do you think they still try to block or limit AA's from voting? In the former Slave States the % of AA is higher and high enough to actually impact Elections. This is why the KKK used Terror to keep AA's from voting.


Rank State African-American Alone
Population (2010)[1] % African-American
1 District of Columbia 305,074 50.08%
2 Mississippi 1,074,200 37.30%
3 Louisiana 1,506,534 32.4%
4 Georgia 3,150,435 31.4%
5 Maryland 1,798,593 30.1%
6 South Carolina 1,290,684 28.48%
7 Alabama 1,251,311 26.38%
8 North Carolina 2,048,628 21.60%

This is why they Shot, Lynched and Terrorized AA's to stop them from voting in the South:

So what you actually mean that due to all this years of oppression from the powerful elites and government low enforcement structures AA leaders are discouraged and scared to stand up and create their own political party outside of mainstream super-parties (Dems and Reps). You also imply that due to media and political misrepresentation of AA community new emigrants from Africa and Caribbean cannot relate and stand up shoulder-to-shoulder to protect their humanity and basic rights. I can see this....
But why do you think it is so difficult to come up with some positive non-destructive and antagonist moment similar to the era when segregation failed under joint effort of many progressive people? What is missing from the puzzle?


You misunderstand me. What I was attempting to show you is that just 5 years after the end of the Civil War AA's had accomplished a LOT! There was the beginning of establishing real institutions and wealth. The only thing that stopped this was Violence and intimidation once the U.S. Troops left the South. Then after they got rid of all the Elected AA officials they enacted laws to subjugate the AA Population again. Any AA Leaders that rose up got cut down!!!

What you seem to be missing is that the attacks on the AA Community never stopped. The Systems in place are set up in such a way to perpetuate the Inequality. AA's on their own can only do so much when faced with the onslaught from outside their community. The PLAN has worked so well that AA's don't have the Generational Wealth or Black Owned Institutions that could lead to more success. Destruction of Black Cities like Greenwood known as Black Wall Street or more recently the Housing Bubble and Great Recession decimated AA Wealth. Never mind the totally lopsided Judicial System and Law Enforcement Practices!!!

AA's don't have enough representation in White Society, Big Business or Country Club life. AA's have been corralled into lower income neighborhoods for so long that it creates a negative impact on the community. There are no jobs for AA Youth. It's such a vast system of Oppression that it's extremely difficult to climb out of. Just because a few make it to the higher levels economically doesn't make up for the underlying issues. This is why AA's complain about the SYSTEM being against them.

I am sorry if I misunderstood you.
I understand the history and I will repeat even if you do not like it that many other nations in other couturiers had same and worth experience for hundreds and thousand of years.
And they never solved their issues when they use violence or keep clamoring about the past.
You can repeat the reasons of the AA problems 20 times over but it will not solve any issues and will never make live better for inner cities and South.
People need solutions, need actions, need to come forward and make a change together.
The only way to do it in democratic society is through political process, through unity and political representation.
There are many, including many successful AA people who do not want to lift a finger to help struggling AA communities.
They are not racists of course... but they think if they made it why others still don't?
The African emigrants coming here and jumping to upper middle class in one generation and they are thinking why this inner city people never made it?
Of course they don't know the whole story, or don't want to know.
Time for exudes is over - time for hard work is now. Hard mental work... Time to drop the second class mentality and became the first class, the class of its own.
And educated and passionate people like you should be the first who need to step forward and say we should be better that this, we are better that this.
We should stop standing there with asking hand but organize themselves as political force and take what belongs to us.
This what many minorities did to became relevant and successful even if still hated. But hated for their success. I wish you to experience this type of hate - it is liberating and inspiring.

I'm afraid you will never understand the depth and complexity of these issues. Just cuz a few African Immigrants were able to come here and be successful doesn't mean ALL of them have been able to do so. You have to know the circumstances of each case which you don't. Many of these successes stories are from highly educated people as opposed to some poor person without benefit of high education. Besides this is a drop in the bucket in comparison to the 47 million AA's.

You keep ignoring all the evidence I've presented to explain the SYSTEMIC impediments working against AA's. These systemic issues can trap anyone at any time. The point isn't to look at the exceptions who made it out but to GET RID OF THE IMPEDIMENTS that artificially disadvantage AA's and other minorities.

Case in point is unfair Banking Practices. I posted about this earlier in this thread. These are practices that are done without AA's knowledge. You can't understand this cuz you're not an African American but if you were it could effect you. Again this isn't about individual cases but entire Racial and ethnic groups!

I saw this issues with my own eyes when I drive through some neighborhoods and I was leaving in Brooklyn. I am not blind.
But I think you are wrong about how many successful AA people are around in US and how many successful new emigrants from all over the world are made good for themselves, their families, and their communities.
The vicious cycle of poverty, crime, drugs, and resentment is hard to break. But many great people did it and open themselves and their children to better life.
This is worth celebrating not only getting noticed and for some reason you left them out and pointing only to those who still suffering.
We need to help each other not look for somebody or something to blame. This does no good.
You can drug some Confederate statue to the ground an bit it with a stick all day long. Will it make life of anyone better?

Let me clarify something, I am not saying that there aren't many AA's doing well or overcoming the impact of historic oppression. OBVIOUSLY there are! In fact I live in Georgia and the city of Atlanta is like a Black Mecca! The problem is that the statistics show that in every single metric AA's are behind the White population and that is understandable given all the things I've been posting about.

The SYSTEMIC disadvantages have been ravaging the AA, Hispanic and Native American communities since Colonial times. The disadvantages were intentionally built into this country's systems!!! Until White Americans ALSO accept and desire to remove these things this country will continue to be held back.

I should also add that these problems extend not only to Race but Class as well. The system is too slanted towards the wealthy and against the poor and middle class. This is also not an accident!!!

Knickoftime
Posts: 23204
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

8/24/2017  11:00 AM
arkrud wrote:The vicious cycle of poverty, crime, drugs, and resentment is hard to break. But many great people did it and open themselves and their children to better life.
This is worth celebrating not only getting noticed and for some reason you left them out and pointing only to those who still suffering.
We need to help each other not look for somebody or something to blame. This does no good.

This is a rhetorical nonsense. The first step of fixing any issue, of solving any problem, is to identify the reason the problem occurred. Only with this issue do people refer to it as assigning "blame" or complaining. That is racist in of itself.

Expecting an entire culture (which we're talking about here) to instantly change en masse independent of all influences is a ludicrous proposal. It never happens anywhere, ever.

You can drug some Confederate statue to the ground an bit it with a stick all day long. Will it make life of anyone better?

This seems like purposeful misdirection. The flashpoint of this issue - Charlottesville - was about duly-elected officials of the city representing their constituency in a democratic fashion. The events occurred because groups decided to protest this. The existence of the statues will not make anyone's life any better.

Gudris
Posts: 20584
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

8/24/2017  11:20 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
arkrud wrote:The vicious cycle of poverty, crime, drugs, and resentment is hard to break. But many great people did it and open themselves and their children to better life.
This is worth celebrating not only getting noticed and for some reason you left them out and pointing only to those who still suffering.
We need to help each other not look for somebody or something to blame. This does no good.

This is a rhetorical nonsense. The first step of fixing any issue, of solving any problem, is to identify the reason the problem occurred. Only with this issue do people refer to it as assigning "blame" or complaining. That is racist in of itself.

Expecting an entire culture (which we're talking about here) to instantly change en masse independent of all influences is a ludicrous proposal. It never happens anywhere, ever.

You can drug some Confederate statue to the ground an bit it with a stick all day long. Will it make life of anyone better?

This seems like purposeful misdirection. The flashpoint of this issue - Charlottesville - was about duly-elected officials of the city representing their constituency in a democratic fashion. The events occurred because groups decided to protest this. The existence of the statues will not make anyone's life any better.

BS, Germans became antinazis very fast, because deep and their hearts they always knew that this is wrong

nixluva
Posts: 55256
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
8/24/2017  11:26 AM
Gudris wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
arkrud wrote:The vicious cycle of poverty, crime, drugs, and resentment is hard to break. But many great people did it and open themselves and their children to better life.
This is worth celebrating not only getting noticed and for some reason you left them out and pointing only to those who still suffering.
We need to help each other not look for somebody or something to blame. This does no good.

This is a rhetorical nonsense. The first step of fixing any issue, of solving any problem, is to identify the reason the problem occurred. Only with this issue do people refer to it as assigning "blame" or complaining. That is racist in of itself.

Expecting an entire culture (which we're talking about here) to instantly change en masse independent of all influences is a ludicrous proposal. It never happens anywhere, ever.

You can drug some Confederate statue to the ground an bit it with a stick all day long. Will it make life of anyone better?

This seems like purposeful misdirection. The flashpoint of this issue - Charlottesville - was about duly-elected officials of the city representing their constituency in a democratic fashion. The events occurred because groups decided to protest this. The existence of the statues will not make anyone's life any better.

BS, Germans became antinazis very fast, because deep and their hearts they always knew that this is wrong


You can't really compare that to the U.S. which had a LONG history of Slavery and Segregation and only recently moved away from those things. It was actually the NORM in the U.S. for the kind of KKK Violence and Terror as well as Disenfranchised AA's. Literally only in my lifetime did things start to change significantly. However, the pendulum keeps swinging back to inequality over the last 50 years. We've never achieved a truly equal society. Trump and some of his followers want to take us back.
Knickoftime
Posts: 23204
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

8/24/2017  11:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/24/2017  11:36 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Personally in my life the only racism that I have seen would be minimal.

Your personal experiences in a certain region aren't really the point, it'a not even a point.

But are white people afraid of persons from the inner city-- answer yes. Do I think white police officers are scared of Aa acting out violently-- answer-- I know they do because I have more than - friend who is a police officer. The Aa Americans who grew up around white people are not complainers not scary not violent-- they are every day great guys. violence and some embedded hatred of whites-- especially fueled by the Internet is a problem. Everyone from very race needs to be the solution. White people need to push government to spend more on infrastructure for inner cities and as have to get over 200 years ago.

You're demonstrating what occurs when you watch too much FOX News.

Like our President you're conflating black people with "inner cities."

You also don't seem to be aware of the fact that violent crime rates are down significantly. The murder rate in New York City is less than a quarter of what it was in 1990.

Where violent crime rates have risen in the last two years is almost exclusively in a handful of neighborhoods in a handful of cities across the US.

You also keep bringing up the fear white people have of blacks and the hatred black people have of whites, seemingly suggesting that the rates of violent crime against white people by black people is on the rise. It is not.

I don't hold German people accountable for the loss of my family

This is irrelevant. Blame or accountability isn't an issue.

All you're demonstrating is your own personal fear, pulling in other "white people" with you.

This is the same fear and unease and resentment some whites, particularly southerners, felt during the civil rights movement.

You take things and run far away and use your own context.

Let's be clear here Briggs, confronted by your misunderstanding of facts and nonsensical, racist "logic," you're changing the subject to some other black guy who's doing something else that annoys you.

Let me ask you Knicktime--what would be in Colin K's best interest?

Before answering that was put some relevant facts on the table. One post to go you're referring to inner-city black people who were angry at whites as the root of their problems.

Colin Kaepernick's (it's not that hard to spell) birth mother was white, and he was raised by white parents in a California suburb. Unlike many of his NFL (and professional sports) peers, he holds a college degree. What he decided to do, rightly or wrongly, was a decision of conscience, not a product of social conditioning.

My answer is I don't presume to know what is in his best interest.

Hes protesting police violence towards AA. Why doesnt he talk to the police about it? Sitting back and saying racism or protesting does nothing?? I know for a fact that he is enraging people he should have open forum with?? Its the same nasty cycle.

This is where you again demonstrate your shortcoming, you filter everything and see the world through only your own eyes and your own firsthand experiences.

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/08/nypd_officers_join_rally_to_support_colin_kaeperni.html#incart_river_index

Colin Kaepernick may not have the support of a single NFL team, but the former 49ers quarterback has the New York City Police Department in his corner.

During a rally for Kaepernick in New York on August 20, about 80 current and former NYPD members joined to support the currently unemployed former star. They wore t-shirts with #ImWithKap hashtags.

On Wednesday, the NAACP held a rally outside of NFL headquarters in Manhattan to voice displeasure toward the league. According to ESPN, more than 1,000 people showed up--many wearing Kaepernick jerseys.

If he stood for the National Anthem and used his star power to promote open forum for discussion OR do you think that sitting and protesting will do more good? He doesnt have a job because he is handling things the wrong way. People are open to talk peacefully--how much good would come out of open public forum? Instead he wants to say AA's are being jobbed again?? Goes no where--want to go somewhere--talk to the cops and see what 's going on?

Your premise seems to be that Colin Kaepernick is uniquely qualified to encourage police departments around the country to re-examine themselves, as if there isn't enough compelling reasons to do that anyway.

Yes, that premise is as stupid as it sounds.

Again, unlike you I don't speak for Kaepernick and presume to know what his priorities in life are. And I don't know yet whether his actions will be effective or not or even what effectiveness is. All I know is the story is not over. More NFL players have picked up his cause, including a white Cleveland Browns player Monday.

The NFL's treatment of him is now drawing attention in of itself, and despite your erroneous assumptions otherwise, now even members of police forces are showing him support.

This may or may not just be the the end of his career, it may or may not be the beginning of something else.

So which complaining black person would you like to discuss next?

Knickoftime
Posts: 23204
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

8/24/2017  11:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/24/2017  12:01 PM
Gudris wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
arkrud wrote:The vicious cycle of poverty, crime, drugs, and resentment is hard to break. But many great people did it and open themselves and their children to better life.
This is worth celebrating not only getting noticed and for some reason you left them out and pointing only to those who still suffering.
We need to help each other not look for somebody or something to blame. This does no good.

This is a rhetorical nonsense. The first step of fixing any issue, of solving any problem, is to identify the reason the problem occurred. Only with this issue do people refer to it as assigning "blame" or complaining. That is racist in of itself.

Expecting an entire culture (which we're talking about here) to instantly change en masse independent of all influences is a ludicrous proposal. It never happens anywhere, ever.

You can drug some Confederate statue to the ground an bit it with a stick all day long. Will it make life of anyone better?

This seems like purposeful misdirection. The flashpoint of this issue - Charlottesville - was about duly-elected officials of the city representing their constituency in a democratic fashion. The events occurred because groups decided to protest this. The existence of the statues will not make anyone's life any better.

BS, Germans became antinazis very fast, because deep and their hearts they always knew that this is wrong

You just corroborated that cultural change doesn't happen instantly, that the core to the change was "always" there and already "deeply" embedded.

BRIGGS
Posts: 49451
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
8/24/2017  12:39 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Personally in my life the only racism that I have seen would be minimal.

Your personal experiences in a certain region aren't really the point, it'a not even a point.

But are white people afraid of persons from the inner city-- answer yes. Do I think white police officers are scared of Aa acting out violently-- answer-- I know they do because I have more than - friend who is a police officer. The Aa Americans who grew up around white people are not complainers not scary not violent-- they are every day great guys. violence and some embedded hatred of whites-- especially fueled by the Internet is a problem. Everyone from very race needs to be the solution. White people need to push government to spend more on infrastructure for inner cities and as have to get over 200 years ago.

You're demonstrating what occurs when you watch too much FOX News.

Like our President you're conflating black people with "inner cities."

You also don't seem to be aware of the fact that violent crime rates are down significantly. The murder rate in New York City is less than a quarter of what it was in 1990.

Where violent crime rates have risen in the last two years is almost exclusively in a handful of neighborhoods in a handful of cities across the US.

You also keep bringing up the fear white people have of blacks and the hatred black people have of whites, seemingly suggesting that the rates of violent crime against white people by black people is on the rise. It is not.

I don't hold German people accountable for the loss of my family

This is irrelevant. Blame or accountability isn't an issue.

All you're demonstrating is your own personal fear, pulling in other "white people" with you.

This is the same fear and unease and resentment some whites, particularly southerners, felt during the civil rights movement.

You take things and run far away and use your own context.

Let's be clear here Briggs, confronted by your misunderstanding of facts and nonsensical, racist "logic," you're changing the subject to some other black guy who's doing something else that annoys you.

Let me ask you Knicktime--what would be in Colin K's best interest?

Before answering that was put some relevant facts on the table. One post to go you're referring to inner-city black people who were angry at whites as the root of their problems.

Colin Kaepernick's (it's not that hard to spell) birth mother was white, and he was raised by white parents in a California suburb. Unlike many of his NFL (and professional sports) peers, he holds a college degree. What he decided to do, rightly or wrongly, was a decision of conscience, not a product of social conditioning.

My answer is I don't presume to know what is in his best interest.

Hes protesting police violence towards AA. Why doesnt he talk to the police about it? Sitting back and saying racism or protesting does nothing?? I know for a fact that he is enraging people he should have open forum with?? Its the same nasty cycle.

This is where you again demonstrate your shortcoming, you filter everything and see the world through only your own eyes and your own firsthand experiences.

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/08/nypd_officers_join_rally_to_support_colin_kaeperni.html#incart_river_index

Colin Kaepernick may not have the support of a single NFL team, but the former 49ers quarterback has the New York City Police Department in his corner.

During a rally for Kaepernick in New York on August 20, about 80 current and former NYPD members joined to support the currently unemployed former star. They wore t-shirts with #ImWithKap hashtags.

On Wednesday, the NAACP held a rally outside of NFL headquarters in Manhattan to voice displeasure toward the league. According to ESPN, more than 1,000 people showed up--many wearing Kaepernick jerseys.

If he stood for the National Anthem and used his star power to promote open forum for discussion OR do you think that sitting and protesting will do more good? He doesnt have a job because he is handling things the wrong way. People are open to talk peacefully--how much good would come out of open public forum? Instead he wants to say AA's are being jobbed again?? Goes no where--want to go somewhere--talk to the cops and see what 's going on?

Your premise seems to be that Colin Kaepernick is uniquely qualified to encourage police departments around the country to re-examine themselves, as if there isn't enough compelling reasons to do that anyway.

Yes, that premise is as stupid as it sounds.

Again, unlike you I don't speak for Kaepernick and presume to know what his priorities in life are. And I don't know yet whether his actions will be effective or not or even what effectiveness is. All I know is the story is not over. More NFL players have picked up his cause, including a white Cleveland Browns player Monday.

The NFL's treatment of him is now drawing attention in of itself, and despite your erroneous assumptions otherwise, now even members of police forces are showing him support.

This may or may not just be the the end of his career, it may or may not be the beginning of something else.

So which complaining black person would you like to discuss next?

Just the police have to change😺well it's a one way street with you. Well I'm not wasting my time with a man who has all the answers and can freely assail other peoples character because you don't agree with them. Taking down statues protests screaming at Neo Natzi Trump. Means nothing. Only thing that means anything is money for infrastructure school roads homes and a societal change in culture. Done

BRIGGS
Posts: 49451
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
8/24/2017  12:40 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Personally in my life the only racism that I have seen would be minimal.

Your personal experiences in a certain region aren't really the point, it'a not even a point.

But are white people afraid of persons from the inner city-- answer yes. Do I think white police officers are scared of Aa acting out violently-- answer-- I know they do because I have more than - friend who is a police officer. The Aa Americans who grew up around white people are not complainers not scary not violent-- they are every day great guys. violence and some embedded hatred of whites-- especially fueled by the Internet is a problem. Everyone from very race needs to be the solution. White people need to push government to spend more on infrastructure for inner cities and as have to get over 200 years ago.

You're demonstrating what occurs when you watch too much FOX News.

Like our President you're conflating black people with "inner cities."

You also don't seem to be aware of the fact that violent crime rates are down significantly. The murder rate in New York City is less than a quarter of what it was in 1990.

Where violent crime rates have risen in the last two years is almost exclusively in a handful of neighborhoods in a handful of cities across the US.

You also keep bringing up the fear white people have of blacks and the hatred black people have of whites, seemingly suggesting that the rates of violent crime against white people by black people is on the rise. It is not.

I don't hold German people accountable for the loss of my family

This is irrelevant. Blame or accountability isn't an issue.

All you're demonstrating is your own personal fear, pulling in other "white people" with you.

This is the same fear and unease and resentment some whites, particularly southerners, felt during the civil rights movement.

You take things and run far away and use your own context.

Let's be clear here Briggs, confronted by your misunderstanding of facts and nonsensical, racist "logic," you're changing the subject to some other black guy who's doing something else that annoys you.

Let me ask you Knicktime--what would be in Colin K's best interest?

Before answering that was put some relevant facts on the table. One post to go you're referring to inner-city black people who were angry at whites as the root of their problems.

Colin Kaepernick's (it's not that hard to spell) birth mother was white, and he was raised by white parents in a California suburb. Unlike many of his NFL (and professional sports) peers, he holds a college degree. What he decided to do, rightly or wrongly, was a decision of conscience, not a product of social conditioning.

My answer is I don't presume to know what is in his best interest.

Hes protesting police violence towards AA. Why doesnt he talk to the police about it? Sitting back and saying racism or protesting does nothing?? I know for a fact that he is enraging people he should have open forum with?? Its the same nasty cycle.

This is where you again demonstrate your shortcoming, you filter everything and see the world through only your own eyes and your own firsthand experiences.

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/08/nypd_officers_join_rally_to_support_colin_kaeperni.html#incart_river_index

Colin Kaepernick may not have the support of a single NFL team, but the former 49ers quarterback has the New York City Police Department in his corner.

During a rally for Kaepernick in New York on August 20, about 80 current and former NYPD members joined to support the currently unemployed former star. They wore t-shirts with #ImWithKap hashtags.

On Wednesday, the NAACP held a rally outside of NFL headquarters in Manhattan to voice displeasure toward the league. According to ESPN, more than 1,000 people showed up--many wearing Kaepernick jerseys.

If he stood for the National Anthem and used his star power to promote open forum for discussion OR do you think that sitting and protesting will do more good? He doesnt have a job because he is handling things the wrong way. People are open to talk peacefully--how much good would come out of open public forum? Instead he wants to say AA's are being jobbed again?? Goes no where--want to go somewhere--talk to the cops and see what 's going on?

Your premise seems to be that Colin Kaepernick is uniquely qualified to encourage police departments around the country to re-examine themselves, as if there isn't enough compelling reasons to do that anyway.

Yes, that premise is as stupid as it sounds.

Again, unlike you I don't speak for Kaepernick and presume to know what his priorities in life are. And I don't know yet whether his actions will be effective or not or even what effectiveness is. All I know is the story is not over. More NFL players have picked up his cause, including a white Cleveland Browns player Monday.

The NFL's treatment of him is now drawing attention in of itself, and despite your erroneous assumptions otherwise, now even members of police forces are showing him support.

This may or may not just be the the end of his career, it may or may not be the beginning of something else.

So which complaining black person would you like to discuss next?

Just the police have to change😺well it's a one way street with you. Well I'm not wasting my time with a man who has all the answers and can freely assail other peoples character because you don't agree with them. Taking down statues protests screaming at Neo Natzi Trump. Means nothing. Only thing that means anything is money for infrastructure school roads homes and a societal change in culture. Done

newyorknewyork
Posts: 27072
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
8/24/2017  1:15 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Personally in my life the only racism that I have seen would be minimal.

Your personal experiences in a certain region aren't really the point, it'a not even a point.

But are white people afraid of persons from the inner city-- answer yes. Do I think white police officers are scared of Aa acting out violently-- answer-- I know they do because I have more than - friend who is a police officer. The Aa Americans who grew up around white people are not complainers not scary not violent-- they are every day great guys. violence and some embedded hatred of whites-- especially fueled by the Internet is a problem. Everyone from very race needs to be the solution. White people need to push government to spend more on infrastructure for inner cities and as have to get over 200 years ago.

You're demonstrating what occurs when you watch too much FOX News.

Like our President you're conflating black people with "inner cities."

You also don't seem to be aware of the fact that violent crime rates are down significantly. The murder rate in New York City is less than a quarter of what it was in 1990.

Where violent crime rates have risen in the last two years is almost exclusively in a handful of neighborhoods in a handful of cities across the US.

You also keep bringing up the fear white people have of blacks and the hatred black people have of whites, seemingly suggesting that the rates of violent crime against white people by black people is on the rise. It is not.

I don't hold German people accountable for the loss of my family

This is irrelevant. Blame or accountability isn't an issue.

All you're demonstrating is your own personal fear, pulling in other "white people" with you.

This is the same fear and unease and resentment some whites, particularly southerners, felt during the civil rights movement.

You take things and run far away and use your own context.

Let's be clear here Briggs, confronted by your misunderstanding of facts and nonsensical, racist "logic," you're changing the subject to some other black guy who's doing something else that annoys you.

Let me ask you Knicktime--what would be in Colin K's best interest?

Before answering that was put some relevant facts on the table. One post to go you're referring to inner-city black people who were angry at whites as the root of their problems.

Colin Kaepernick's (it's not that hard to spell) birth mother was white, and he was raised by white parents in a California suburb. Unlike many of his NFL (and professional sports) peers, he holds a college degree. What he decided to do, rightly or wrongly, was a decision of conscience, not a product of social conditioning.

My answer is I don't presume to know what is in his best interest.

Hes protesting police violence towards AA. Why doesnt he talk to the police about it? Sitting back and saying racism or protesting does nothing?? I know for a fact that he is enraging people he should have open forum with?? Its the same nasty cycle.

This is where you again demonstrate your shortcoming, you filter everything and see the world through only your own eyes and your own firsthand experiences.

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/08/nypd_officers_join_rally_to_support_colin_kaeperni.html#incart_river_index

Colin Kaepernick may not have the support of a single NFL team, but the former 49ers quarterback has the New York City Police Department in his corner.

During a rally for Kaepernick in New York on August 20, about 80 current and former NYPD members joined to support the currently unemployed former star. They wore t-shirts with #ImWithKap hashtags.

On Wednesday, the NAACP held a rally outside of NFL headquarters in Manhattan to voice displeasure toward the league. According to ESPN, more than 1,000 people showed up--many wearing Kaepernick jerseys.

If he stood for the National Anthem and used his star power to promote open forum for discussion OR do you think that sitting and protesting will do more good? He doesnt have a job because he is handling things the wrong way. People are open to talk peacefully--how much good would come out of open public forum? Instead he wants to say AA's are being jobbed again?? Goes no where--want to go somewhere--talk to the cops and see what 's going on?

Your premise seems to be that Colin Kaepernick is uniquely qualified to encourage police departments around the country to re-examine themselves, as if there isn't enough compelling reasons to do that anyway.

Yes, that premise is as stupid as it sounds.

Again, unlike you I don't speak for Kaepernick and presume to know what his priorities in life are. And I don't know yet whether his actions will be effective or not or even what effectiveness is. All I know is the story is not over. More NFL players have picked up his cause, including a white Cleveland Browns player Monday.

The NFL's treatment of him is now drawing attention in of itself, and despite your erroneous assumptions otherwise, now even members of police forces are showing him support.

This may or may not just be the the end of his career, it may or may not be the beginning of something else.

So which complaining black person would you like to discuss next?

Just the police have to change😺well it's a one way street with you. Well I'm not wasting my time with a man who has all the answers and can freely assail other peoples character because you don't agree with them. Taking down statues protests screaming at Neo Natzi Trump. Means nothing. Only thing that means anything is money for infrastructure school roads homes and a societal change in culture. Done

Briggs let me ask you a question. If Kap knelt for the flag, in order to bring awareness to the failed judicial case which allowed Brock Turner who raped that woman at Stanford only to get a light sentence. Would you have still been upset over him kneeling? Or if he knelt to bring awareness to domestic violence issues that have run rampant in the NFL?

Knickoftime
Posts: 23204
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

8/24/2017  1:24 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Personally in my life the only racism that I have seen would be minimal.

Your personal experiences in a certain region aren't really the point, it'a not even a point.

But are white people afraid of persons from the inner city-- answer yes. Do I think white police officers are scared of Aa acting out violently-- answer-- I know they do because I have more than - friend who is a police officer. The Aa Americans who grew up around white people are not complainers not scary not violent-- they are every day great guys. violence and some embedded hatred of whites-- especially fueled by the Internet is a problem. Everyone from very race needs to be the solution. White people need to push government to spend more on infrastructure for inner cities and as have to get over 200 years ago.

You're demonstrating what occurs when you watch too much FOX News.

Like our President you're conflating black people with "inner cities."

You also don't seem to be aware of the fact that violent crime rates are down significantly. The murder rate in New York City is less than a quarter of what it was in 1990.

Where violent crime rates have risen in the last two years is almost exclusively in a handful of neighborhoods in a handful of cities across the US.

You also keep bringing up the fear white people have of blacks and the hatred black people have of whites, seemingly suggesting that the rates of violent crime against white people by black people is on the rise. It is not.

I don't hold German people accountable for the loss of my family

This is irrelevant. Blame or accountability isn't an issue.

All you're demonstrating is your own personal fear, pulling in other "white people" with you.

This is the same fear and unease and resentment some whites, particularly southerners, felt during the civil rights movement.

You take things and run far away and use your own context.

Let's be clear here Briggs, confronted by your misunderstanding of facts and nonsensical, racist "logic," you're changing the subject to some other black guy who's doing something else that annoys you.

Let me ask you Knicktime--what would be in Colin K's best interest?

Before answering that was put some relevant facts on the table. One post to go you're referring to inner-city black people who were angry at whites as the root of their problems.

Colin Kaepernick's (it's not that hard to spell) birth mother was white, and he was raised by white parents in a California suburb. Unlike many of his NFL (and professional sports) peers, he holds a college degree. What he decided to do, rightly or wrongly, was a decision of conscience, not a product of social conditioning.

My answer is I don't presume to know what is in his best interest.

Hes protesting police violence towards AA. Why doesnt he talk to the police about it? Sitting back and saying racism or protesting does nothing?? I know for a fact that he is enraging people he should have open forum with?? Its the same nasty cycle.

This is where you again demonstrate your shortcoming, you filter everything and see the world through only your own eyes and your own firsthand experiences.

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/08/nypd_officers_join_rally_to_support_colin_kaeperni.html#incart_river_index

Colin Kaepernick may not have the support of a single NFL team, but the former 49ers quarterback has the New York City Police Department in his corner.

During a rally for Kaepernick in New York on August 20, about 80 current and former NYPD members joined to support the currently unemployed former star. They wore t-shirts with #ImWithKap hashtags.

On Wednesday, the NAACP held a rally outside of NFL headquarters in Manhattan to voice displeasure toward the league. According to ESPN, more than 1,000 people showed up--many wearing Kaepernick jerseys.

If he stood for the National Anthem and used his star power to promote open forum for discussion OR do you think that sitting and protesting will do more good? He doesnt have a job because he is handling things the wrong way. People are open to talk peacefully--how much good would come out of open public forum? Instead he wants to say AA's are being jobbed again?? Goes no where--want to go somewhere--talk to the cops and see what 's going on?

Your premise seems to be that Colin Kaepernick is uniquely qualified to encourage police departments around the country to re-examine themselves, as if there isn't enough compelling reasons to do that anyway.

Yes, that premise is as stupid as it sounds.

Again, unlike you I don't speak for Kaepernick and presume to know what his priorities in life are. And I don't know yet whether his actions will be effective or not or even what effectiveness is. All I know is the story is not over. More NFL players have picked up his cause, including a white Cleveland Browns player Monday.

The NFL's treatment of him is now drawing attention in of itself, and despite your erroneous assumptions otherwise, now even members of police forces are showing him support.

This may or may not just be the the end of his career, it may or may not be the beginning of something else.

So which complaining black person would you like to discuss next?

Just the police have to change😺well it's a one way street with you.

This is an utterly groundless ludicrous statement, and demonstrates the lack of footing you having in this discussion. I never wrote or implied "just" the police have to change. OF COURSE violent crime has to be addressed, that premise is in fact at the root of this whole discussion.

The fact that this is the only manner in which you can respond to criticism, to make ridiculous, fictional accusations, shows desperation.

Well I'm not wasting my time with a man who has all the answers and can freely assail other peoples character because you don't agree with them.

The post you just responded to:

You: "I know for a fact..."

Me: "I don't presume to know what is in his best interest."

"I don't know yet whether his actions will be effective or not or even what effectiveness is."

"This may or may not just be the the end of his career, it may or may not be the beginning of something else."

You demonstrate an inability to even follow the conversation you're participating in incorrectly, seeing some other version of it that the on the record facts don't support.

What I freely point out is that you have freely expressed a resentment towards and a low opinion of black Americans in general and that you conflate and misrepresent facts.

Again you have outright stated that black Americans in general are complainers, scary, hateful, and violent.

But what's really wrong is I don't respect you enough.

Something should be dawning on you right about now.

Only thing that means anything is money for infrastructure school roads homes and a societal change in culture. Done

Yes societal change in culture, agreed. Which includes calling out racist, fearful ignorance, which is what is occurring right now.

If you have to watch the way you cut your hair--this world is fckd

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.