Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
8/23/2017  4:13 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:Nixluva can you explain me equality issues in todays America ?

You are genuinely clueless

Maybe, but i think in most cases AA use this to excuse themselves, lets say if my kid cant get in to University he is just stupid, if AA kid cant get in to University it is Racism :)

In your mind that's how it is, unfortunately the rest of us have to live in reality

Most Americans go about their business every day and don't give 1 iota of a fck about race issues. White people dont sit around the dinner table thinking about how to keep anyone else down. People care about their job family friends home. All this **** on news about a few thousand racists ina country of 350 mm in non issue they want to pump into issue. In this US it is 100% proven that anyone from any race can become successful. Anything else is pure BS and no one is going to listen to complaining. No one is going to take blame for something that happened 50-200 years ago. I think people in general are fair and reasonable

Problem is... ppl are fair and reasonable as long as they do not "feel" or assume a threat to the above mentioned "jobs, family, friends, home"... and to start this little but nagging fear is super easy in most places! You can see it everywhere...
Now this is the reason I want a voice of reason doing the calls in political offices... which quite frankly is not the case right now in the US... with all due respect

AUTOADVERT
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
8/23/2017  4:17 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Maybe, but i think in most cases AA use this to excuse themselves, lets say if my kid cant get in to University he is just stupid, if AA kid cant get in to University it is Racism :)

Out of curiosity, how would someone prove to you that racism exists? Stats, history and personal examples aren't enough for you, so I'm just wondering what it would take? That's a genuine question.

If I may help here... you can not argue about racism with a racist... these guys claim that the holocaust did not happen... there are even ppl living IN GERMANY (luckily not many!) that still think it never happened!

nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
8/23/2017  10:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/23/2017  10:32 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Most Americans go about their business every day and don't give 1 iota of a fck about race issues. White people dont sit around the dinner table thinking about how to keep anyone else down. People care about their job family friends home. All this **** on news about a few thousand racists ina country of 350 mm in non issue they want to pump into issue. In this US it is 100% proven that anyone from any race can become successful. Anything else is pure BS and no one is going to listen to complaining. No one is going to take blame for something that happened 50-200 years ago. I think people in general are fair and reasonable

It's clear to me that you really don't have a handle on how things work!

Surely it's true that individual families don't sit around trying to figure out how to screw Minorities!!! That's not how it works so I'll show you how it works in the real world.

Here is just ONE Systemic means by which Minorities are SCREWED without most White Americans having any clue. If you really GIVE A F about learning the truth then you'll read these articles below. Again this is just ONE aspect of how things got the way they are and it's not ancient history.

Redlining - noun

1. a discriminatory practice by which banks, insurance companies, etc., refuse or limit loans, mortgages, insurance, etc., within specific geographic areas, especially inner-city neighborhoods.

Origin of redlining Expand
redline + -ing1, as if banks, insurance companies, etc., had outlined such areas in red on a map

'Redlining' Causes Rundown Neighborhoods, Not Other Way Around; Lenders Share Blame
February 17, 1991

I was very disappointed by the definition of "redlining" in the article "Group Accuses American Savings of 'Redlining' " (Jan. 3). It was defined as "the refusal to make loans in a particular neighborhood solely because of deteriorating conditions."

The practice uses racial criteria to deny loans in certain areas. Redlining leads to deteriorating conditions in urban minority neighborhoods, not vice versa, as the article states.

Lenders have a longstanding policy of equating minority homeowners with bad financial risks and equating minority in-migration as indicative of a neighborhood in decline. This kind of stereotyping is one of the major causes of urban decay.

Since about 1936, the Federal Housing Administration adopted standard banking industry policies that forbade underwriting loans that would allow people of different national origin or race to live in the same neighborhoods. The agency also adopted policies that forbade insurance for mortgages in urban areas defined as having uncertain future value because of their racial composition. These policies were federal law until 1962.

The effect was to bankroll "white flight" to the suburbs during a 20-year period after World War II and to block minorities from obtaining home and small-business loans that would have enabled them to pursue the American dream on an equal footing.

By bankrolling such policies as redlining, and segregated public housing and schools, the federal government enforced the division of American society along racial and economic lines. Ironically, lenders who refuse to invest in housing in a neighborhood are often willing to loan money to a developer to tear down that housing to build an office building.

Many lending institutions in urban areas accept deposits from minorities but deny them loans in favor of highly speculative ventures outside their customers' communities. Proponents of "greenlining" feel that lenders have a responsibility to reinvest part of that money back into those communities.

SCOTT E. RITTENHOUSE

http://articles.latimes.com/1991-02-17/business/fi-1797_1_loans-lenders-minority

Redlining: Still a thing

By Emily Badger May 28, 2015

"Redlining" just sounds like an an old-timey term, a practice that exists only in history and our re-tellings of it. The word has particular roots in the 1930s, when the government-sponsored Home Owner's Loan Corporation first drafted maps of American communities to sort through which ones were worthy of mortgage lending. Neighborhoods were ranked and color-coded, and the D-rated ones — shunned for their "inharmonious" racial groups — were typically outlined in red.

This government practice was swiftly adopted by private banks, too, during an era of massive homeownership expansion in the U.S. And the visual language of the maps became a verb: To redline a community was to cut it off from essential capital. To be redlined was something even worse.

The federal government eventually retreated from the practice, and it was outlawed by the Fair Housing Act in 1968. But black communities have warned that it still exists in subtler and changed forms, in bank tactics that have targeted these same neighborhoods for predatory lending, or in new patterns like "retail redlining." Some of the persistent redlining, though, still looks an awful lot like the original.

Case in point: This week the Department of Housing and Urban Development settled with the largest bank headquartered in Wisconsin over claims that it discriminated from 2008-2010 against black and Hispanic borrowers in Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota. The bank, Associated Bank, denies wrongdoing in the settlement, but HUD itself is declaring victory in "one of the largest redlining complaints" ever brought by the federal government against a mortgage lender.

A 1939 HOLC map of the North Side of Chicago.

HUD's analysis of Home Mortgage Disclosure Act data concluded that the bank disproportionately denied qualified loan applicants in predominantly minority neighborhoods in Chicago, Milwaukee, and Minneapolis, compared to other lenders operating in these same communities. Now Associated Bank has agreed to a long list of actions to make amends over the next three years: It must finance nearly $200 million in home loans in majority-minority census tracts within these cities, and pay nearly $10 million in down payment assistance to borrowers or in lower interest rates. It must also open four new offices in minority neighborhoods in Chicago and Milwaukee, and invest $1.4 million in marketing loans in many of these same underserved communities.

The case is not about doling out mortgages to minority households that wouldn't otherwise qualify for them — it's about offering equal access to families that look just as eligible on paper as white homeowners nearby.

It is, however, a reality that historic redlining makes homeownership beyond reach for many families in these communities today, regardless of how big banks behave now. If your family was denied a mortgage in the 1930s, or the 1950s, or the 1970s, then you may not have the family wealth or down payment help to become a homeowner today. In that way, the consequences of past redlining transcend time, even as new forms of it continue.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/05/28/evidence-that-banks-still-deny-black-borrowers-just-as-they-did-50-years-ago/?utm_term=.3004647dc825
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

8/23/2017  10:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/23/2017  10:47 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Out of curiosity, how would someone prove to you that racism exists? Stats, history and personal examples aren't enough for you, so I'm just wondering what it would take? That's a genuine question.

Isn't amusing to you that a dude that I believe isn't even an American citizen (I think he once said he lives in Russia), has the gaul to tell you what you are or are not experiencing as a person of color in your own country? And then in the same breathe doesn't see how that attitude, in and of itself, underlines an existence of racism.

NardDogNation

8/23/2017  10:44 AM
dodger78 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

In your mind that's how it is, unfortunately the rest of us have to live in reality

Most Americans go about their business every day and don't give 1 iota of a fck about race issues. White people dont sit around the dinner table thinking about how to keep anyone else down. People care about their job family friends home. All this **** on news about a few thousand racists ina country of 350 mm in non issue they want to pump into issue. In this US it is 100% proven that anyone from any race can become successful. Anything else is pure BS and no one is going to listen to complaining. No one is going to take blame for something that happened 50-200 years ago. I think people in general are fair and reasonable

Problem is... ppl are fair and reasonable as long as they do not "feel" or assume a threat to the above mentioned "jobs, family, friends, home"... and to start this little but nagging fear is super easy in most places! You can see it everywhere...
Now this is the reason I want a voice of reason doing the calls in political offices... which quite frankly is not the case right now in the US... with all due respect

You're wasting your time with him. He's intentionally dense/obtuse on these issues to try and perpetuate an agenda (i.e. reverse racism is the only type of racism that exists). His threads/responses on race have inspired people to produce a host of scholarly articles that prove otherwise but his opinions and strategies remain unchanged for a reason.

For the record though, I am definitely concerned about the direction of the ideological left, of which I consider myself a member. I do think that there is a fringe that is becoming every bit the tyrant that the political right has been, which is culminating into acts of stupidity like stabbing a man because of a ****ing hair-cut (a similar haircut that I as a Black man use). But let's not forget which ideology has been the "patient-zero" for this type of culture.

NardDogNation

8/23/2017  10:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/23/2017  10:56 AM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Most Americans go about their business every day and don't give 1 iota of a fck about race issues. White people dont sit around the dinner table thinking about how to keep anyone else down. People care about their job family friends home. All this **** on news about a few thousand racists ina country of 350 mm in non issue they want to pump into issue. In this US it is 100% proven that anyone from any race can become successful. Anything else is pure BS and no one is going to listen to complaining. No one is going to take blame for something that happened 50-200 years ago. I think people in general are fair and reasonable

It's clear to me that you really don't have a handle on how things work!

Surely it's true that individual families don't sit around trying to figure out how to screw Minorities!!! That's not how it works so I'll show you how it works in the real world.

Here is just ONE Systemic means by which Minorities are SCREWED without most White Americans having any clue. If you really GIVE A F about learning the truth then you'll read these articles below. Again this is just ONE aspect of how things got the way they are and it's not ancient history.

Redlining - noun

1. a discriminatory practice by which banks, insurance companies, etc., refuse or limit loans, mortgages, insurance, etc., within specific geographic areas, especially inner-city neighborhoods.

Origin of redlining Expand
redline + -ing1, as if banks, insurance companies, etc., had outlined such areas in red on a map

'Redlining' Causes Rundown Neighborhoods, Not Other Way Around; Lenders Share Blame
February 17, 1991

I was very disappointed by the definition of "redlining" in the article "Group Accuses American Savings of 'Redlining' " (Jan. 3). It was defined as "the refusal to make loans in a particular neighborhood solely because of deteriorating conditions."

The practice uses racial criteria to deny loans in certain areas. Redlining leads to deteriorating conditions in urban minority neighborhoods, not vice versa, as the article states.

Lenders have a longstanding policy of equating minority homeowners with bad financial risks and equating minority in-migration as indicative of a neighborhood in decline. This kind of stereotyping is one of the major causes of urban decay.

Since about 1936, the Federal Housing Administration adopted standard banking industry policies that forbade underwriting loans that would allow people of different national origin or race to live in the same neighborhoods. The agency also adopted policies that forbade insurance for mortgages in urban areas defined as having uncertain future value because of their racial composition. These policies were federal law until 1962.

The effect was to bankroll "white flight" to the suburbs during a 20-year period after World War II and to block minorities from obtaining home and small-business loans that would have enabled them to pursue the American dream on an equal footing.

By bankrolling such policies as redlining, and segregated public housing and schools, the federal government enforced the division of American society along racial and economic lines. Ironically, lenders who refuse to invest in housing in a neighborhood are often willing to loan money to a developer to tear down that housing to build an office building.

Many lending institutions in urban areas accept deposits from minorities but deny them loans in favor of highly speculative ventures outside their customers' communities. Proponents of "greenlining" feel that lenders have a responsibility to reinvest part of that money back into those communities.

SCOTT E. RITTENHOUSE

http://articles.latimes.com/1991-02-17/business/fi-1797_1_loans-lenders-minority

Redlining: Still a thing

By Emily Badger May 28, 2015

"Redlining" just sounds like an an old-timey term, a practice that exists only in history and our re-tellings of it. The word has particular roots in the 1930s, when the government-sponsored Home Owner's Loan Corporation first drafted maps of American communities to sort through which ones were worthy of mortgage lending. Neighborhoods were ranked and color-coded, and the D-rated ones — shunned for their "inharmonious" racial groups — were typically outlined in red.

This government practice was swiftly adopted by private banks, too, during an era of massive homeownership expansion in the U.S. And the visual language of the maps became a verb: To redline a community was to cut it off from essential capital. To be redlined was something even worse.

The federal government eventually retreated from the practice, and it was outlawed by the Fair Housing Act in 1968. But black communities have warned that it still exists in subtler and changed forms, in bank tactics that have targeted these same neighborhoods for predatory lending, or in new patterns like "retail redlining." Some of the persistent redlining, though, still looks an awful lot like the original.

Case in point: This week the Department of Housing and Urban Development settled with the largest bank headquartered in Wisconsin over claims that it discriminated from 2008-2010 against black and Hispanic borrowers in Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota. The bank, Associated Bank, denies wrongdoing in the settlement, but HUD itself is declaring victory in "one of the largest redlining complaints" ever brought by the federal government against a mortgage lender.

A 1939 HOLC map of the North Side of Chicago.

HUD's analysis of Home Mortgage Disclosure Act data concluded that the bank disproportionately denied qualified loan applicants in predominantly minority neighborhoods in Chicago, Milwaukee, and Minneapolis, compared to other lenders operating in these same communities. Now Associated Bank has agreed to a long list of actions to make amends over the next three years: It must finance nearly $200 million in home loans in majority-minority census tracts within these cities, and pay nearly $10 million in down payment assistance to borrowers or in lower interest rates. It must also open four new offices in minority neighborhoods in Chicago and Milwaukee, and invest $1.4 million in marketing loans in many of these same underserved communities.

The case is not about doling out mortgages to minority households that wouldn't otherwise qualify for them — it's about offering equal access to families that look just as eligible on paper as white homeowners nearby.

It is, however, a reality that historic redlining makes homeownership beyond reach for many families in these communities today, regardless of how big banks behave now. If your family was denied a mortgage in the 1930s, or the 1950s, or the 1970s, then you may not have the family wealth or down payment help to become a homeowner today. In that way, the consequences of past redlining transcend time, even as new forms of it continue.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/05/28/evidence-that-banks-still-deny-black-borrowers-just-as-they-did-50-years-ago/?utm_term=.3004647dc825

Dude, why bother? I'm not trying to hinder the discourse but we've done this so many times with BRIGGS and it hasn't even made a dent in his stance on races and racism. I'm just trying to understand the psychology in fighting this fight. Because this fight is fought on a national level and it clearly has demonstrated that most people are what they are and will maintain their preconceived notions to fit their own agenda. Our energy, in my opinion, would be so much better spent in trying to address these race issues by developing strategies to address them without people that want to pretend they are not there.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/23/2017  11:08 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Most Americans go about their business every day and don't give 1 iota of a fck about race issues. White people dont sit around the dinner table thinking about how to keep anyone else down. People care about their job family friends home.

Just for the record you just equated "white people" with "people".

For many "people" in this country, race is never out of the equation when they focus on job, family, friends, and home, including by the way, white people.

All this **** on news about a few thousand racists in a country of 350 mm in non issue they want to pump into issue.

Did you forget the thread - that you created - we're in?

"Seriously--if people are going to attack you based on your haircut--the world is done."

Nazis and KKK rally where a murder and attempted murder of dozens of others occurred is a "non-issue" for you.

One white guy gets attacked by one idiot is.

As always Briggs, the more you post, the more you reveal yourself.

In this US it is 100% proven that anyone from any race can become successful. Anything else is pure BS and no one is going to listen to complaining. No one is going to take blame for something that happened 50-200 years ago. I think people in general are fair and reasonable

It would be a waste of time to try to explain to you that 400 years of history (not 200) didn't magically go away with the Civil Rights act, but I will point out to you that YOU do give many iotas of a fck about race issues, and in the fact you greatly resent them.

What you're demonstrating isn't just the nasty, underbelly of racism, but narcissism as well. Recognizing institutional racism exists isn't taking responsibility or blame for it, it's simply acknowledging it exists.

Actually caring about wanting to do something about it is an advanced concept beyond on this conversation you're not ready for.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/23/2017  11:27 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Most Americans go about their business every day and don't give 1 iota of a fck about race issues. White people dont sit around the dinner table thinking about how to keep anyone else down. People care about their job family friends home.

For many "people" in this country, race is never out of the equation when they focus on job, family, friends, and home, including by the way, white people.

All this **** on news about a few thousand racists in a country of 350 mm in non issue they want to pump into issue.

"Seriously--if people are going to attack you based on your haircut--the world is done."

Nazis and KKK rally where a murder and attempted murder of dozens of others occurred is a "non-issue" for you.

In this US it is 100% proven that anyone from any race can become successful. Anything else is pure BS and no one is going to listen to complaining. No one is going to take blame for something that happened 50-200 years ago. I think people in general are fair and reasonable

It would be a waste of time to try to explain to you that 400 years of history (not 200) didn't magically go away with the Civil Rights act, but I will point out to you that YOU do give many iotas of a fck about race issues, and in the fact you greatly resent them.

What you're demonstrating isn't just the nasty, underbelly of racism, but narcissism as well. Recognizing institutional racism exists isn't taking responsibility or blame for it, it's simply acknowledging it exists.

Actually caring about wanting to do something about it is an advanced concept beyond on this conversation you're not ready for.

Damn! This was a great post.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/23/2017  12:28 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

This from the man who wanted to nuke the entire middle east. Which is kind of the point- you don't have to sit round a table and decide to be racist- you can be racist obliviously, in your actions and views- you can do and propose horrifically racist things while convincing yourself you're being perfectly rational. Much like yourself. I think you seem to genuinely believe you aren't racist and are a very reasonable, moderate, fair person. If you don't want to see the racism in yourself, then you won't want to see it in others- just pretend it doesn't exist and that the real problem is people complaining about it

It's just reality. I treat all people the same -- I have friends of all creeds colors-- it has no bearing on me. In fact my AA or Asian friends -- guys who grew up in Brooklyn and Ct are all the same way. There is no need to talk about race issues because we have none between each other. Were long term friends. I think in this world you give effort uou can have happiness and success-- no one us held back.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
8/23/2017  12:38 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

My post was about the over bearing and absurd anger that we've seen and the violence that has gone along with it. Unnecessary between parties and people.

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
8/23/2017  1:06 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

This from the man who wanted to nuke the entire middle east. Which is kind of the point- you don't have to sit round a table and decide to be racist- you can be racist obliviously, in your actions and views- you can do and propose horrifically racist things while convincing yourself you're being perfectly rational. Much like yourself. I think you seem to genuinely believe you aren't racist and are a very reasonable, moderate, fair person. If you don't want to see the racism in yourself, then you won't want to see it in others- just pretend it doesn't exist and that the real problem is people complaining about it

It's just reality. I treat all people the same -- I have friends of all creeds colors-- it has no bearing on me. In fact my AA or Asian friends -- guys who grew up in Brooklyn and Ct are all the same way. There is no need to talk about race issues because we have none between each other. Were long term friends. I think in this world you give effort uou can have happiness and success-- no one us held back.

So is Trump's lack of success as President due to his own efforts or because of the media?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knickoftime

8/23/2017  1:09 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

My post was about the over bearing and absurd anger that we've seen and the violence that has gone along with it. Unnecessary between parties and people.

No it wasn't.

Two weeks ago Klansmen, Nazis, and white nationalists (who are overbearingly and absurdly angry, by definition) rallied. In their name an innocent person was murdered, nearly 20 more were almost murdered and suffered injuries.

Your response to this absurd anger - "a few thousand racists in a country of 350 mm in non issue".

You acknowledge the so-called "right" is extremely angry and resentful of liberals, which explains the protests vote that was Donald Trump.

Anyone who witnessed the rally last night can see that our president is very, very angry. Despite his wealth and privilege and influence, he is a fact fixated on his belief that the world isn't fair to him. He made it clear that in his mind he was the real victim of Charlottesville.

The FBI has tracked the rise of hate groups and militia's during the Obama administration. That is not a creation of the media.

Birtherism was never rooted in fact or even sound theory, it was about fear and anger.

But what rises to the level of your concern is it any of this but a fringe element on the left, in (in your words) a nation of 350 million people.

Most 'liberals' don't sit around the dinner table thinking about how to cut skinheads or even protest in the streets. 'Liberals' care about their job, family, friends and home.

Yours is a narrow, ignorant, narcissistic view of the nation you live in.

BRIGGS
8/23/2017  1:22 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

No it wasn't.

Two weeks ago Klansmen, Nazis, and white nationalists (who are overbearingly and absurdly angry, by definition) rallied. In their name an innocent person was murdered, nearly 20 more were almost murdered and suffered injuries.

Your response to this absurd anger - "a few thousand racists in a country of 350 mm in non issue".

You acknowledge the so-called "right" is extremely angry and resentful of liberals, which explains the protests vote that was Donald Trump.

Anyone who witnessed the rally last night can see that our president is very, very angry. Despite his wealth and privilege and influence, he is a fact fixated on his belief that the world isn't fair to him. He made it clear that in his mind he was the real victim of Charlottesville.

The FBI has tracked the rise of hate groups and militia's during the Obama administration. That is not a creation of the media.

Birtherism was never rooted in fact or even sound theory, it was about fear and anger.

But what rises to the level of your concern is it any of this but a fringe element on the left, in (in your words) a nation of 350 million people.

Most 'liberals' don't sit around the dinner table thinking about how to cut skinheads or even protest in the streets. 'Liberals' care about their job, family, friends and home.

You like making things up in your own mind and running with them! Im Jewsih and Im not worried about Neo Nazi's or KKK up rising--isnt going to happen--non issue. That young lady died which is horrible--heck man how many young men die in the inner cities each day? Much worse of a problem! I think much bigger problems like that need a much higher scale of attention. People from the inner cities wonder why police and some other races are scared of them--its from the hate and violence that comes from them! I bring up the issue because its an issue that has to be resolved from within--cant complain about it--must fix! Ive said it before police dont hate AA--they are scared of them which makes them heightened on patrol. So is every other race(reality not racism). And so you have hatred coming from AA to all other races because they feel slighted and fear from other races going back. Need to fix the cycle--that is straight talk.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

8/23/2017  1:25 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

It's just reality. I treat all people the same -- I have friends of all creeds colors-- it has no bearing on me.

Your reality isn't everyone else's reality, however.

There are people here who have experienced and/or observed racism first hand (Not even mentioning the indisputable evidence).

You're telling them either, 1.) You're a lying; 2.) You don't know what you experienced; or 3.) It was actually your fault.

BRIGGS
8/23/2017  1:31 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

It's just reality. I treat all people the same -- I have friends of all creeds colors-- it has no bearing on me.

There are people here who have experienced and/or observed racism first hand (Not even mentioning the indisputable evidence).

You're telling them either, 1.) You're a lying; 2.) You don't know what you experienced; or 3.) It was actually your fault.

All races experience racism--its not exclusive my friend.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

8/23/2017  1:32 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

No it wasn't.

You like making things up in your own mind and running with them! Im Jewsih and Im not worried about Neo Nazi's or KKK up rising--isnt going to happen--non issue. That young lady died which is horrible--heck man how many young men die in the inner cities each day? Much worse of a problem! I think much bigger problems like that need a much higher scale of attention. People from the inner cities wonder why police and some other races are scared of them--its from the hate and violence that comes from them! I bring up the issue because its an issue that has to be resolved from within--cant complain about it--must fix! Ive said it before police dont hate AA--they are scared of them which makes them heightened on patrol. So is every other race(reality not racism). And so you have hatred coming from AA to all other races because they feel slighted and fear from other races going back. Need to fix the cycle--that is straight talk.

So there isn't any racism. The big problem is black people are complainers, hateful, violent and scary, and they're on their own to "fix" it.

Got it.

Knickoftime

8/23/2017  1:45 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

All races experience racism--its not exclusive my friend.

Ah ha. This is an educational conversation.

Question: When exactly did the playing field become even? In 1964 with the passage of the Civil Rights Act? Did full equality kick in right away or did it take a few years?

Can you narrow it down for me...

BRIGGS
8/23/2017  1:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/23/2017  1:51 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

No it wasn't.

So there isn't any racism. The big problem is black people are complainers, hateful, violent and scary, and they're on their own to "fix" it.

Got it.

Yes Knicks--I think AA need to curb propensity towards violence as a whole--its embedded on TV every single night. You want straight talk and discourse or just complain ? You want problem to start getting solved--then you have to hear from both sides. You think you are dead right that Im a racist and so is every white guy right? AA for the most part have great hatred towards whites? and on the other hand white people along with Asian and European are fearful of AA. So we need to do something about that--we need change. Again you just have a self righteous view. You are seeing one side. If AA feels slighted form racism today--can you explain how that is today? How exactly did racism effect your life? A white guy do something to you? A Chinese guy do something bad to you? Dont tell me about 19060 tell me about 2017. I see AA President and every other position. A great deal of fairness exist. People from 1960 must laugh at people today talking about racism--they experienced it--you dont.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
8/23/2017  1:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/23/2017  2:03 PM
http://time.com/4823524/gun-violence-black-children-study/

Black children faced the highest rates of gun-related homicides, at 3.5 for every 100,000, researchers found. That's nearly 10 times the rate for white children, at .4 for 100,000. In many cases, researchers noted, gun-related deaths occur "in multi-victim events and involved intimate partner or family conflict."
Gun-related deaths also disproportionately affected young boys and older children. Researchers found that gun-related deaths, injuries and homicides are higher among boys ages 13 to 17 than teen girls and younger boys.

Now you want to make something up why Asians Whites and Europeans--and police for that matter are fearful of AA--and why these issues occur. It is AA propensity towards violence. In cops mind there is 10X the likelihood he thinks he can die from interaction with AA. Ive said this before--this IS the issue--not hatred. You want to focus on the absolute nothing KKK or Neo Nazi? Why shouldnt I be complaining--Nazi terminated 1/2 my family? I realize this is incredibly small fraction. If protesters leave them alone to shout to the moon--NO one hears them--no one cares and police cna simply disperse them. Im not going to protest Nazi--not worth my breath. Im not giving them any ounce of thought.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

8/23/2017  2:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/23/2017  2:05 PM
BRIGGS wrote:You want straight talk and discourse or just complain ? You want problem to start getting solved--then you have to hear from both sides.

I've done nothing but engage you in discourse. Disagreeing with you and finding fault in your positions is not complaining.

You think you are dead right that Im a racist and so is every white guy right? AA for the most part have great hatred towards whites? and on the other hand white people along with Asian and European are fearful of AA. So we need to do something about that--we need change. Again you just have a self righteous view. You are seeing one side. If AA feels slighted form racism today--can you explain how that is today? How exactly did racism effect your life? A white guy do something to you? A Chinese guy do something bad to you? Dont tell me about 19060 tell me about 2017. I see AA President and every other position. A great deal of fairness exist. People from 1960 must laugh at people today talking about racism--they experienced it--you dont.

If you'd like this straight talk discourse to continue ... If YOU want to hear other sides ... It is necessary you answer a question. Straight-forwardly, no hedging, please.

How did you conclude what my race is?

Spoiler warning: I'm a card-carrying white guy.

If you have to watch the way you cut your hair--this world is fckd

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy