[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Are the 2017 Knicks the team of the year?
Author Thread
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

8/16/2017  12:23 PM
EnySpree wrote:We are a team of potential...

Top 8 players:
Melo
KP
Willy
Sessions
THJr
Lee
Beasley
Noah

Whether you agree with that or not here's who I left off that list:
KOQ
Lance
Kuz
Baker
Frank
Randle
Dotson

Dude that's a good team on paper... if all our young guys get better, the new vets fit in and Horny coaches his ass off... this is a legit playoff team.

I expect Kristaps and THJr to become all-stars next year... Melo will be Melo. Baker wasn't in my top 8 but he could come back with as improved shot to match his defense and playmaking. Lance is doing windmills in pick up games. Kuz could cone back confident.

So much positive shut to talk about

All I can say is the optimism reminds me of last year at this time... and most years at this time.

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/16/2017  12:50 PM
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:All i know is any rebuilding team would be viewed as having a fantastic future if they had Porzingis and Ntilikina to start with. If the Spurs had this duo and were committed to rebuilding, everyone would say they will be a contender in no time. Chicago, Atlanta, Orlando, etc are rebuilding with this type of foundation in mind. But because it's the Knicks, everyone thinks it's a disaster and the team has no hope.

THE spurs don't rebuild, they develop while they are still racking up 50 wins per season in the process. The knicks rebuild while losing 50+ games in the process, which sometimes is really not good.

The Spurs were extremely fortunate to have drafted Duncan. They made great decisions after that but it made a huge difference being able to build off of a centerpiece like Duncan. Now they still have some remnants of the team that was around Duncan. Drafting Kawhi and having him turn out even better than they might've hoped was another big bonus.

The Knicks have drafted 2 top 10 picks and have made quality 2nd rd picks as well as some nice UDFA's. I see nothing but good in those decisions. At some point you have to at least acknowledge that they have made some GOOD moves during this period of losing. There is some LEGIT young talent on this roster and they have good upside.

once upon a time the Spurs were the NY Knicks. They had Gervin aka Melo of the 70s. They were mmm ediocre... then they were terrible, then Robinson was drafted, they had a mediocre run... then they lost again. They hired and almost fired Pop... then they drafted Timmy. Manu, and Tony Parker cane from the basketball Gods... The rest of history.... is it possible the Knicks are slowly coming y I to their own positive times?

And to think, Duncan was very, very close to leaving San Antonio to go to Orlando.

ALL I know is that developing youngster in the process of losing 50+ games a yr is really not developing, especially if its yr after yr

In order to lose that many games on a consistent basis , you would have to be developing bad habits. If kp was to endure another 50 loss season, I would really start to question weather he's the real deal

ES
Knickoftime

8/16/2017  3:17 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:All i know is any rebuilding team would be viewed as having a fantastic future if they had Porzingis and Ntilikina to start with. If the Spurs had this duo and were committed to rebuilding, everyone would say they will be a contender in no time. Chicago, Atlanta, Orlando, etc are rebuilding with this type of foundation in mind. But because it's the Knicks, everyone thinks it's a disaster and the team has no hope.

THE spurs don't rebuild, they develop while they are still racking up 50 wins per season in the process. The knicks rebuild while losing 50+ games in the process, which sometimes is really not good.

The Spurs were extremely fortunate to have drafted Duncan. They made great decisions after that but it made a huge difference being able to build off of a centerpiece like Duncan. Now they still have some remnants of the team that was around Duncan. Drafting Kawhi and having him turn out even better than they might've hoped was another big bonus.

The Knicks have drafted 2 top 10 picks and have made quality 2nd rd picks as well as some nice UDFA's. I see nothing but good in those decisions. At some point you have to at least acknowledge that they have made some GOOD moves during this period of losing. There is some LEGIT young talent on this roster and they have good upside.

once upon a time the Spurs were the NY Knicks. They had Gervin aka Melo of the 70s. They were mmm ediocre... then they were terrible, then Robinson was drafted, they had a mediocre run... then they lost again. They hired and almost fired Pop... then they drafted Timmy. Manu, and Tony Parker cane from the basketball Gods... The rest of history.... is it possible the Knicks are slowly coming y I to their own positive times?

And to think, Duncan was very, very close to leaving San Antonio to go to Orlando.

ALL I know is that developing youngster in the process of losing 50+ games a yr is really not developing, especially if its yr after yr

In order to lose that many games on a consistent basis , you would have to be developing bad habits.

Drawing a line at the third year is somewhat arbitrary.

If kp was to endure another 50 loss season, I would really start to question weather he's the real deal

You seem to be conflating cause-and-effect. If Porzingis is losing because of the supporting stuff around him, that is one thing.

If Porzingis is losing because of Porzingis, which is another, different thing, finding that out before his 5th year is exactly what you want to do.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
8/16/2017  4:44 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
joec32033 wrote:I know this sounds crazy but just think about it. Everyone is talking about them. Everyone wants to get drafted by them, even draftees of other teams are STILL talking about them. Hell they are even writing about what officials had for dinner! This is Lebron year of "the decision" style coverage here. It is awesome....just look down the list

Dennis Smith doesn't like octopus, but the Knicks served it to him! The nerve!

Media says we still should have drafted the kid who blew up his Achilles even though he wouldn't supply his medical records. Aren't they still catching **** over signing Amare, a signing in which they ignored medical records?

Malik Monk said he wanted to play for the Knicks, specifically. Makes sure the Knicks specifically will regret it. Bet Charlotte feels great about that. Monk wants revenge on the Knicks, forget the other teams that passed on him. At least one twice. "Malik, like, 10 other teams passed on you. Do you even care?"

Literally every team in the league is lobbying for Melo to be on their team. As long as they don't have to give up any thing more than some used coffee grinds and a half eaten apple. And as long as I am on the subject do tampering rules not apply to anything anymore or is it just the Knicks and Melo? Can't they just tamper with Noah?

There is a gap the size of the distance between NY and Latvia between Kristaps and the Knicks. But they will trade him. But not right now because they don't want to. Yet. But they will. Maybe. Kinda. But not just for anyone. We think. It's gonna happen. Maybe. Sorta. How do we know? Because the Cavs are asking for him in a trade. So obviously the Knicks want to trade him. Because the other team asked for him. Right? That makes sense. Kinda.

This amount of in depth coverage and constantly being on people minds has to make them the team of the year.

Not sure I understand the point of this. They've been a lottery team for years and probably will be again this year.

So no, they're not.

If you read what he said how could you not agree with it?

Basically everyone is on the Knicks dick. Even if you want to self hate and sodomize yourself with "facts".... you have to agree with Joe

I can because I don't notice or care. I don't watch a lot of talking head shows. I don't watch just to complain later. That's stupid.

He said they're the team of the year, which I guess was sarcastic, but at the end of the day in no way matters.

Brother you are taking a post that was clearly posted in jest and running with it way too seriously.

~You can't run from who you are.~
Knickoftime

8/16/2017  4:50 PM
joec32033 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
joec32033 wrote:I know this sounds crazy but just think about it. Everyone is talking about them. Everyone wants to get drafted by them, even draftees of other teams are STILL talking about them. Hell they are even writing about what officials had for dinner! This is Lebron year of "the decision" style coverage here. It is awesome....just look down the list

Dennis Smith doesn't like octopus, but the Knicks served it to him! The nerve!

Media says we still should have drafted the kid who blew up his Achilles even though he wouldn't supply his medical records. Aren't they still catching **** over signing Amare, a signing in which they ignored medical records?

Malik Monk said he wanted to play for the Knicks, specifically. Makes sure the Knicks specifically will regret it. Bet Charlotte feels great about that. Monk wants revenge on the Knicks, forget the other teams that passed on him. At least one twice. "Malik, like, 10 other teams passed on you. Do you even care?"

Literally every team in the league is lobbying for Melo to be on their team. As long as they don't have to give up any thing more than some used coffee grinds and a half eaten apple. And as long as I am on the subject do tampering rules not apply to anything anymore or is it just the Knicks and Melo? Can't they just tamper with Noah?

There is a gap the size of the distance between NY and Latvia between Kristaps and the Knicks. But they will trade him. But not right now because they don't want to. Yet. But they will. Maybe. Kinda. But not just for anyone. We think. It's gonna happen. Maybe. Sorta. How do we know? Because the Cavs are asking for him in a trade. So obviously the Knicks want to trade him. Because the other team asked for him. Right? That makes sense. Kinda.

This amount of in depth coverage and constantly being on people minds has to make them the team of the year.

Not sure I understand the point of this. They've been a lottery team for years and probably will be again this year.

So no, they're not.

If you read what he said how could you not agree with it?

Basically everyone is on the Knicks dick. Even if you want to self hate and sodomize yourself with "facts".... you have to agree with Joe

I can because I don't notice or care. I don't watch a lot of talking head shows. I don't watch just to complain later. That's stupid.

He said they're the team of the year, which I guess was sarcastic, but at the end of the day in no way matters.

Brother you are taking a post that was clearly posted in jest and running with it way too seriously.

I've acknowledged I didn't get the joke.

I just responded to someone who didn't seem to either.

JabStepDagger7
Member: #7497

8/18/2017  12:31 PM
I feel that we are officially at the peak of the offseason in terms of boredom... so here, enjoy this Knicks trivia I found:https://hoopshangout.com/2017/06/25/quiz-new-york-knicks-2016-2017-season/
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/21/2017  9:54 AM
We have SuperCut KP! Ripping up Europe like a one man barbarian horde!

We have Hoodie Melo tshirts selling like, well... anyway, people are selling them!

We have Frankie N probably trading dirty french jokes with Noah, who is now apparently the reigning king of the use of sh-t in interviews!

Frankie looks large in those Chris Bentley instagrams! And gawwdam! He never misses! And how come our first string PG with the funky JeffyHorn hair and shiny new contract isn't seen guarding him? What's up Chris?, don't have Butler on speedial yet?

We are signing low level free agents! Some with large chips on those newly underpaid shoulders!

THJr has the H2O seal of approval!

No one has seen or heard of Phil's feet in weeks!

Media Team of the YEAR!

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/21/2017  10:12 AM
Knickoftime wrote:

Top 8 players:
Melo
KP
Willy
Sessions
THJr
Lee
Beasley
Noah

KOQ
Lance
Kuz
Baker
Frank
Randle
Dotson

Dude that's a good team on paper... if all our young guys get better, the new vets fit in and Horny coaches his ass off... this is a legit playoff team.

I expect Kristaps and THJr to become all-stars next year... Melo will be Melo. Baker wasn't in my top 8 but he could come back with as improved shot to match his defense and playmaking. Lance is doing windmills in pick up games. Kuz could cone back confident.

All I can say is the optimism reminds me of last year at this time... and most years at this time.

A "fan" goes into every season with every team with optimism warranted or not. You say we have Willy G Oquinn and Kp up front to form a really good 5 position as of now we can move melo back yo 4 where he did (by far) his most good for the Knicks we have legit 6 th man in Beasley
Improved perimeter defense and depth. Why not be optimistic? If were 5-15 after 20 games-- there is always time to do what's in the best interest of the team long term. As of now---win!!

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

8/21/2017  10:28 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Top 8 players:
Melo
KP
Willy
Sessions
THJr
Lee
Beasley
Noah

KOQ
Lance
Kuz
Baker
Frank
Randle
Dotson

A "fan" goes into every season with every team with optimism warranted or not. You say we have Willy G Oquinn and Kp up front to form a really good 5 position as of now we can move melo back yo 4 where he did (by far) his most good for the Knicks we have legit 6 th man in Beasley
Improved perimeter defense and depth. Why not be optimistic? If were 5-15 after 20 games-- there is always time to do what's in the best interest of the team long term. As of now---win!!

You started a thread three weeks ago complaining the Knicks were a 25-win team tops.

Did you forget?

jrodmc
USA
8/22/2017  9:59 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Top 8 players:
Melo
KP
Willy
Sessions
THJr
Lee
Beasley
Noah

KOQ
Lance
Kuz
Baker
Frank
Randle
Dotson

You started a thread three weeks ago complaining the Knicks were a 25-win team tops.

Did you forget?

Yeah, BRIGGS, thank God we can always be assured of tempering any deranged pre-season optimism with nice, level-headed tanking for the future negativity!

As a brilliant man once said here, Play the games!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/22/2017  10:11 AM
Everyone thinks melo at the 4 is a good idea.
Except for Melo.
Thats not a knock on him, thats a knock on us!

GM's need some vacation time.
We get work out youtubes. Noah has come out of hiding.

jrodmc
USA
8/23/2017  8:42 AM
Nalod wrote:Everyone thinks melo at the 4 is a good idea.
Except for Melo.

Melo at the 4 would be a great idea if he actually got a call occasionally.
A season full of no call fouls from 3's have got to be less painful than being fouled by 4's. Especially at his now advanced age.
Maybe he wears the hoodie during the season to absorb some of the contact?

Was Noah hiding? Or was it possibly that nobody really cares about someone who's already missed the beginning of the season that hasn't started yet?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/25/2017  1:08 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:Everyone thinks melo at the 4 is a good idea.
Except for Melo.

Melo at the 4 would be a great idea if he actually got a call occasionally.
A season full of no call fouls from 3's have got to be less painful than being fouled by 4's. Especially at his now advanced age.
Maybe he wears the hoodie during the season to absorb some of the contact?

Was Noah hiding? Or was it possibly that nobody really cares about someone who's already missed the beginning of the season that hasn't started yet?

My thought process is Noah must not be doing anything if there is no youtube of it.

Are the 2017 Knicks the team of the year?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy