[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Would you sacrifice KP to get rid of Noah
Author Thread
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

8/16/2017  3:27 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Woj wrote about 'the distance' between KP and the Knicks in his article. I hadn't read the Post article until just now. I think Martin is right but Woj writing this holds a bit more weight because of who he is.

It's less about Woj and his "WojBombs" and more about his clear and established relationship with Zinger's representation, ASM Sports. Woj is a mouthpiece using his influence to try to drive a trade for a reason.

Long story short - Zinger does not want to be a Knick. Gutting Jackson wasn't going to create any traction in that regard.

If the Knicks can trade Zinger and dump Noah's contract at the same time and get Irving, I say do it. Do it and let Irving drive some marketing for the team for a short while and then first chance, retrade him. It's not about keeping Irving, it's about value. Irving is more valuable than Zinger in a trade right now, but because of the circumstances, his trade value is a bit tanked.

If Zinger doesn't want to be here, then the Knicks are better off just rebooting. If they can dump Noah, then dump him in a trade with Zinger. Maybe they can move Courtney Lee and be done with it for the most part. The cap space can be used like the Nets to essentially rent the space for young players or picks. Before the market collapses on teams with open cap space.

Is it the ideal option? No.

But if Zinger doesn't want to be here, and that's the base indication, then make the best of it.

I don't think the Cavs take Noah's contract though. In order to make a deal like this, they need to move Tristan Thompson and/or Kevin Love for more wing help. Not sure that's feasible now. Zinger is a PF. Love is a PF. Thompson is PF. Only Zinger out of those three can actually defend the rim ( well sort of) To take in Zinger, the Cavs need to unclog the PF situation.

If it was just Zinger and something like Lee/O'Quinn for Irving to make the salaries match, then do it. Do it and don't look back. Retrade value of Irving is going to be a more highball potential than Zinger. I realize most people here won't agree with that, but teams are going to look at Irving's marketing and "draw" potential, plus his relationship with Nike in terms of franchise overall valuation.

Same rules apply to any "marriage" out there. No matter how hot she is, if she's blowing some other dude besides you, that ring means nothing.

Somebody has zero clue in terms of measuring NBA value.

I would estimate that J-West would pass on trading KP for Kyrie 1,000 out of 1,000 opportunities. Makes no sense for Knick franchise that is YEARS away from contention.

AUTOADVERT
doomed
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1078
USA
8/16/2017  11:57 PM
If anyone even thinks of saying yes to this question i have to question their sanity and intelligence.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

8/17/2017  12:50 AM
No to answer the question
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
blkexec
Member: #748
8/17/2017  1:37 AM
Who has a better chance at winning a title without Lebron?

Kyrie or KP

I don't like Kyries game as a lead dog. And he has a lot of Melo in him, so he will dribble to hell out of the ball, while other stand around and watch.

KP brings team oriented impacts.....on both ends, including a shot blocker and a three point shooter. Basically you have to think real hard for something KP can't do on the court. With Kyrie it only take a few seconds to list what he can't do. Kyrie needs a team built around him like AI had to Philly.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

8/17/2017  8:23 AM
blkexec wrote:Who has a better chance at winning a title without Lebron?

Kyrie or KP

I don't like Kyries game as a lead dog. And he has a lot of Melo in him, so he will dribble to hell out of the ball, while other stand around and watch.

KP brings team oriented impacts.....on both ends, including a shot blocker and a three point shooter. Basically you have to think real hard for something KP can't do on the court. With Kyrie it only take a few seconds to list what he can't do. Kyrie needs a team built around him like AI had to Philly.

I don't think either are number 1's on a roster but trading KP for Kyrie does not help the Knicks long term. The only way I would of traded KP was for multiple high picks or a player and a lottery pick. Bledsoe and Jackson for Noah and Porzingis, Celtics lottery pick and Crowder. Those type of deals where we get 2 or 3 for 1.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/17/2017  8:59 AM
Kylie is a max type all star player and the fact that KP is being discussed by other teams via trade, and KP is a knick, is a small sign of progress. While it does nothing on the court, it at least is an outward symptom we have a player worthy of others lusting over!!! We don't know where KP will project to but isn't this fun?
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
8/17/2017  10:26 AM
Fun. That's all it really is. Why does Clev want that trade? Because they come out on the top. One way backcourt star player who isn't likely to grow as a player vs a two way front court player who is improving and is younger and could potentially become a superstar? Yeah, no wonder
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/17/2017  11:36 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
RonRon wrote:and who are we signing with that cap space?

only teams like Boston and Philly, if they OVERPAY GREATLY with multiple draft picks, and maybe some solid contracts would i consider doing so
I think KP will continue to improve, however, he has great work ethic but his lack of foot speed makes me question him on both OFFENSE and DEFENSE, despite his length will he ever be able to defend someone that can hit the 3pter and have the ability to penetrate? He looks like he can play the 5 better this year but we will have to see but last season i dont think he could defend either position without needing help...

Will he ever have a ceiling on DEFENSE like Greek Freak, Anthony Davis, Towns,

even Durant etc?

i do not know if we have the ability to resign in 2years as a RFA, him to those super max deals with 150million for 5 years *and could be MORE if he becomes a NBA 1st, 2nd, 3rd team*

Please dont tell me that a 7'3 center who can crossover guards lacks foot speed.

It's not his foot speed that I'm concerned about, It's his awareness and development under the knicks management. Players don't seem to get much better in NY, especially young players.

Why is that? Multiple coaching regimes? GM's? Presidents? Why is that??
Is it a genetic predisposition? Something about the Water?
Why is that??
And if you were to make a change, what would you different to make it so?
I mean according to you, we are doomed because so some hereditary condition!

We discuss these things ad-nauseam and yet you have no inclination that any change in the decision making process has any effect in time.
You believe in voodoo? Some knick Curse?

Nolad, nothing will change unless changing those who are in charge of making that change.

I like the perry signing, but mills and rambis have to go

Who was the president with final say the last three years?
PHil.
What happend, We cleaned house, and went on a youth movement. Baker is being developed. KP did progress last year. Maybe not as much as you might like, but he did.
We did not trade any 1st round picks. We at the same time did not have a 1st round pick of our own 2 of the three years we drafted.
We drafted WIlly. He has developed nice.
Who is the president now? Mills. Thats a change. A big change.
Mills was MSG president 10 years ago. Now he is just over the knicks.

Would you sacrifice KP to get rid of Noah

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy