[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Would you sacrifice KP to get rid of Noah
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
8/15/2017  12:45 PM
NOPE!!! At this point we've gotten past the KP and Phil drama and are back in a good place. Noah doesn't really matter at this point. Let him try to get his act together and see if he can be a contributor off the bench until we can reasonably move him or at worst stretch him down the line. Just gotta live with the circumstances of that deal and not make it worse.
AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

8/15/2017  12:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/15/2017  1:03 PM
If we can then redirect Irving to the Sixers for Fultz and cap space/expirers....it would tickle my fancy. We might not even need to take back ths additional $15 million to make contracts match since Philly is below the cap. If so, this is definitely something I'd consider.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7pgzq5e

smackeddog
Member: #883
8/15/2017  1:31 PM
never going to happen
Gudris
Member: #6213

8/15/2017  1:33 PM
If Noah is healthy he still can be super good 24 minute bench player, last year he had shoulder problem all season, lets hope he bounce back good
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/15/2017  1:54 PM
Funny, its the same kind of crap we love to feast on but this time its for Clev fans, not Knicks!!!
At this point Cav's ownership is worse than ours for the simple reason is Mills has the autonomy to create a bonafide management for the first time in MSG in the James Dolan Era.
Griffin wanted that in Clev, in NY, but thats Mills job, not the GM.

SInce Checketts left, Jimmy did what most owners do but badly.
Gilbert seems to be learning the hard way and levels of dysfunction exist.
To build on Kyrie is ignorant. Kyrie in tandem to KP might be an interesting conversation.

Yes, there is distance between the knicks and KP still. KP is still in Freaking europe!!!
There is repair work to be done. A lot has changed in NY since KP went on holiday!!! Massive front office changes.
If KP is not on board and wants to be traded and take his bird rights with him im sure we'll accommodate him but it only makes sense that with PHil gone and so much front office change that flows down so some sort of change.
Phil was exiled in favor of KP.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
8/15/2017  2:02 PM
this is so ridiculous. An example of fake news.

Why would NY want Irving instead of KP? I mean seriously.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/15/2017  2:07 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:this is so ridiculous. An example of fake news.

Why would NY want Irving instead of KP? I mean seriously.

Why? Makes for good reading!!!

PresIke
Member: #33
USA
8/15/2017  2:13 PM
What?!?!?

NExt...

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/15/2017  3:02 PM
I wonder if the 'continued distance' between the club and KP is Rambis is still on staff.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/15/2017  3:05 PM
Bottom line is i'm okay with Noah on the books and waiting the 3 years to make a free agent splash. By then, we will have a lot better understanding what our core of Porzingis, Ntilikina, Hernangomez, and Hardaway (plus future draft picks) can do and what we need to become a future contender. Also, the hold that the golden state team has on the league will be loosening at that time. There is no real advantage to getting Noah off the books right now. He can be a solid voice in the locker-room and during practice during this rebuilding period. I don't see us landing a major star free agent until Porzingis and maybe one or two others breaks out as a realistic cast to build around and we prove to be a playoff team with this core in place.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/15/2017  3:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I wonder if the 'continued distance' between the club and KP is Rambis is still on staff.

No, the "continued distance" is pure speculation on the part of the writer or other NBA teams that want to put a wedge between player and team to their advantage.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/15/2017  3:27 PM
Gudris wrote:If Noah is healthy he still can be super good 24 minute bench player, last year he had shoulder problem all season, lets hope he bounce back good

Super good? Really? I'd still rather have Willy and KOQ playing ahead of him. So that doesn't leave much playing time for Noah. (I'm just responding to your post. I'm not supporting the trade in this thread.)
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/15/2017  4:08 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I wonder if the 'continued distance' between the club and KP is Rambis is still on staff.

No, the "continued distance" is pure speculation on the part of the writer or other NBA teams that want to put a wedge between player and team to their advantage.

If the Cavs already made it public that they want a young star, all the righter hast to is looked at the teams Irving pick and then put that youngs stars name out there as a player the cavs would be most interested in.

ES
CrushAlot
USA
8/15/2017  4:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

If the Cavs already made it public that they want a young star, all the righter hast to is looked at the teams Irving pick and then put that youngs stars name out there as a player the cavs would be most interested in.

Woj wrote about 'the distance' between KP and the Knicks in his article. I hadn't read the Post article until just now. I think Martin is right but Woj writing this holds a bit more weight because of who he is.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/15/2017  4:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Woj wrote about 'the distance' between KP and the Knicks in his article. I hadn't read the Post article until just now. I think Martin is right but Woj writing this holds a bit more weight because of who he is.

WOJ is part of ESPN now and I've felt a shift in his style of writing, dancing in the grey areas much more with pure speculation and much less journalistic integrity.

This Irving trade process has been deliberate, and teams believe that the Cavaliers expect more aggressive conversations in September, closer to the start of training camps. Porzingis has emerged as a primary Cleveland target, but that's a conversation that can occur only with Cleveland's willingness to unburden the Knicks of the three years and $55 million left on Joakim Noah's contract. For now, the conversation is a nonstarter for the Knicks, league sources said.

For the right All-Star player, though -- Irving or otherwise -- multiple NBA teams are seriously questioning how emphatic of a "no" that will stay for New York. There continues to be distance between Porzingis and the organization, and how the Knicks truly value Porzingis' future could become clearer once they're together to begin the season.

The bolded can be said about almost any player and organization that had a spat at one time or another for the purpose of putting sentences to a thought that may not really be the thoughts of the organization or the player but rather of the author.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
8/15/2017  4:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/15/2017  4:34 PM
It's an ideal example of hack writing and stirring the pot for the sake of it. The media wants drama and even when there is none it's their job to make something out of nothing
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
CrushAlot
USA
8/15/2017  5:08 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

WOJ is part of ESPN now and I've felt a shift in his style of writing, dancing in the grey areas much more with pure speculation and much less journalistic integrity.

This Irving trade process has been deliberate, and teams believe that the Cavaliers expect more aggressive conversations in September, closer to the start of training camps. Porzingis has emerged as a primary Cleveland target, but that's a conversation that can occur only with Cleveland's willingness to unburden the Knicks of the three years and $55 million left on Joakim Noah's contract. For now, the conversation is a nonstarter for the Knicks, league sources said.

For the right All-Star player, though -- Irving or otherwise -- multiple NBA teams are seriously questioning how emphatic of a "no" that will stay for New York. There continues to be distance between Porzingis and the organization, and how the Knicks truly value Porzingis' future could become clearer once they're together to begin the season.

The bolded can be said about almost any player and organization that had a spat at one time or another for the purpose of putting sentences to a thought that may not really be the thoughts of the organization or the player but rather of the author.

I agree about Woj changing. Does espn mess up everything they touch?
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

8/15/2017  5:12 PM
Perry on the phone when the cavs asked for KP hahahahahahahahahabreath hahahahahahahaha. You mean Noah right hahahahaha click

Perry Looks at mills" we'll get kyrie in two years for just cap space", mills "if he's not injury ridden by then ala derrick rose". Perry,"that just means will sign him for 2 mil like the cavs did with rose ....

Both burst out hahahahahahahahahaab

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
8/15/2017  5:13 PM
What the media wants is competitive teams and high level competition. ESPN has become the General Manager of the NBA. Steven A Smith calls all the shots at ESPN all things basketball. He wants Katie in NY. As long as there are matchups people want to watch on their shows it's all for ratings.
reub
Member: #6227

8/15/2017  5:38 PM
Delete this thread!
Would you sacrifice KP to get rid of Noah

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy