[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Keep Anthony's azz here
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

8/14/2017  12:31 PM
Nalod wrote:Nice vintage melo game winners on those Youtube.
For melo fans you can play those over and over again and enjoy them.
Its too bad there have not been many games of importance while he was a knick. Game winners in the playoffs? Rivalry games of importance?
Games that determine seeding down the stretch.

Its not melo's fault entirely. I agree. As he said, "when the writing is on the wall".........
The writing is on the wall. He has agreed to be traded, the rest is now posturing.

People that desperately need to cling on to a past that never was. Maybe I should I call them Kling-Ons instead of trolls?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

8/14/2017  2:24 PM
Papabear wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Paris907 wrote:I could enumerate the reasons for wanting a Melo-less Knicks team but won't say what I've said elsewhere. When you read repeatedly how Melo berated KP for standing up for the triangle, and taught him how to purge management (a skill he's developed in his career), i knew he was a cancer and needed to go anywhere. There are many other reasons but he set the franchise way back by how we acquired him and what was offered for his services. PLEASE GO AND POINT TO YOUR SELFISH SKULL ELSEWHERE.

Do you speak English?

Hofstra. I speak English and write the language well.
I also speak and write 4 other languages. Is it the the content you've issue with or do you feel the need to still bow before misanthrope Melo. (On the iPhone from a beach in Jupiter)

He is a xenophobic troll and he can barely speak or write anything without mentioning Lin or 54 wins, that's about the extent of his vocabulary. Ignore his incoherent blabbering.

Papabear Says

None of you get it. I played organized basketball and was pretty good (not that good. I started at PS 14 , st Anthony's, fooled around in college. I was well trained but music was my thing. Saint Anthony's prepared you to go to the next level. Guys with a personal agenda didn't last. We played team ball and respect for one another. The Knicks busted their azz to get Melo and lets face it if Melo wanted to go to the finals he would have a better chance playing with Cleveland rather than Houston. James Harden is a ball hog if I ever saw one and Melo is a ball holder. It won't mix. Melo forced D'Antoni to quit the Knicks. I don't get it. They wont beat Golden State with 2 Melo's. Let's be fair. We go with the best deal we can get for Melo and if he wont waive his no trade then let him sit. I mean give us at least 3 options and if he can't do that. Let him sit. As a matter of fact just pay him and he don't even have to show up at the games. What I think is a real ass hole is one who think he is so grammatically well educated or versed that he can criticize others. My father had a 4th grade education and brought apartment buildings off being a cook and then opened up 2 grocery stores. What have you done besides using your high vocabulary and downing others.

Why exactly would anyone keep a player of Melo's stature and bench him? This is not a middle school team. And the players association would be all over it. Also, agree Melo's best chance is with Cavs. However, Melos relatiinship with Lebron has clearly given him insight to the future there. I don't see anything wrong with a player who was told that the organization is going in a different direction, wanting to pick the best destination for himself. Do you think that after being devalued by the Knicks he should go to a bad situation? Think waiving his trade kicker was more than fair.

Btw. I agree completely Melo needs to go. And I am a Knick fan first. My problem with fans is that they keep trying to find "ONE" savior. They just don't understand the NBA or basketball in general. They dont understand that our real provlem is lack of front office leadership. Not ONE player. You need "Multiple" good players and a really good front office to put together complimenting pieces. Something we have not had since Ewing. This mentality of "One" player not meeting fans expectations just because he did not single handedly give them a chip is childish. I would defend any good player on the Knicks, if trolls like Meloshouldgo, spent their whole time trolling the site. My apologies if you viewed it as an attack on your thread. I just keep responding to him with Melo highlight reels. He really likes it.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

8/14/2017  2:27 PM
Paris907 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Papabear wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Paris907 wrote:I could enumerate the reasons for wanting a Melo-less Knicks team but won't say what I've said elsewhere. When you read repeatedly how Melo berated KP for standing up for the triangle, and taught him how to purge management (a skill he's developed in his career), i knew he was a cancer and needed to go anywhere. There are many other reasons but he set the franchise way back by how we acquired him and what was offered for his services. PLEASE GO AND POINT TO YOUR SELFISH SKULL ELSEWHERE.

Do you speak English?

Hofstra. I speak English and write the language well.
I also speak and write 4 other languages. Is it the the content you've issue with or do you feel the need to still bow before misanthrope Melo. (On the iPhone from a beach in Jupiter)

He is a xenophobic troll and he can barely speak or write anything without mentioning Lin or 54 wins, that's about the extent of his vocabulary. Ignore his incoherent blabbering.

Papabear Says

None of you get it. I played organized basketball and was pretty good (not that good. I started at PS 14 , st Anthony's, fooled around in college. I was well trained but music was my thing. Saint Anthony's prepared you to go to the next level. Guys with a personal agenda didn't last. We played team ball and respect for one another. The Knicks busted their azz to get Melo and lets face it if Melo wanted to go to the finals he would have a better chance playing with Cleveland rather than Houston. James Harden is a ball hog if I ever saw one and Melo is a ball holder. It won't mix. Melo forced D'Antoni to quit the Knicks. I don't get it. They wont beat Golden State with 2 Melo's. Let's be fair. We go with the best deal we can get for Melo and if he wont waive his no trade then let him sit. I mean give us at least 3 options and if he can't do that. Let him sit. As a matter of fact just pay him and he don't even have to show up at the games. What I think is a real ass hole is one who think he is so grammatically well educated or versed that he can criticize others. My father had a 4th grade education and brought apartment buildings off being a cook and then opened up 2 grocery stores. What have you done besides using your high vocabulary and downing others.

Calm down, I have no issues with what you posted it your father's accomplishments. My comments were about one specific poster who was actually trying to ridiculous someone else about their English. Now this guy is a troll in my opinion and I have him on ignore, so I only see his stuff when someone responds and quotes him.

Thanks. Yes I see that now. Maybe Hofstra should just pay up on his cable bill and enjoy Melo from Houston or Portland. Melo plays zilch D, and shot awful in the 4th. Maybe Hofstra can show us his tapes at Syracuse next. It wasn't too long ago now was it? Or perhaps as an Olympian? When he was a winner but it won't happen in the NBA.

Any respectable NBA fan already has the League pass. Lol. Sorry Paris, had you mixed up with another poster. But i will try to find the NCAA finals tape.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
8/15/2017  6:54 AM
Hofstra no harm no foul. Don't post Melo at 'Cuse on my account ...I am tired of his antics and ISO-ball. He set the franchise back 10 years IMO.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

8/15/2017  8:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/15/2017  8:22 AM
I'm fine with Melo starting to season here. Its better than taking back Ryan Anderson's terrible contract. HOWEVER if Melo is gonna be here then he needs to understand that its about the youth movement now. KP is obviously the main piece but also Willy,Timmy,and Frank are gonna be a big part of the present and future. Obviously melo still needs to play but he wont be the primary focus anymore. If he can accept that for the time then things should be pretty good until we can find a trade that makes both sides happy.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/15/2017  8:57 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I'm fine with Melo starting to season here. Its better than taking back Ryan Anderson's terrible contract. HOWEVER if Melo is gonna be here then he needs to understand that its about the youth movement now. KP is obviously the main piece but also Willy,Timmy,and Frank are gonna be a big part of the present and future. Obviously melo still needs to play but he wont be the primary focus anymore. If he can accept that for the time then things should be pretty good until we can find a trade that makes both sides happy.

Is Anthony's contract (2 years supermax, NTC) really that much less terrible? I guess if you're confident we could use the cap space in 2019 to land a very good FA, it is but I think one could be at least equally confident that Anderson will play better than Melo will here (age, attitude) and that we can use the sweeteners Houston includes (picks/players) at least as effectively as the extra year of cap space.
meloshouldgo

8/15/2017  10:07 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I'm fine with Melo starting to season here. Its better than taking back Ryan Anderson's terrible contract. HOWEVER if Melo is gonna be here then he needs to understand that its about the youth movement now. KP is obviously the main piece but also Willy,Timmy,and Frank are gonna be a big part of the present and future. Obviously melo still needs to play but he wont be the primary focus anymore. If he can accept that for the time then things should be pretty good until we can find a trade that makes both sides happy.

What makes you think he can or will accept being anything but the focus of the offense in NY? And since we are talking about trading Melo's contract against Anderson's what makes that second one So horrible? He is overpaid? So is Melo. It lasts 3 years? is that any different from keeping and stretching Melo? At least RA will have positive attitude and won't cause any drama.

Bonn1997
USA
8/15/2017  10:08 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:

What makes you think he can or will accept being anything but the focus of the offense in NY? And since we are talking about trading Melo's contract against Anderson's what makes that second one So horrible? He is overpaid? So is Melo. It lasts 3 years? is that any different from keeping and stretching Melo? At least RA will have positive attitude and won't cause any drama.

I agree with all of that but it certainly seems the Knicks don't see it this way. I think the deal would have been done by now if they did.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/15/2017  10:18 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:It lasts 3 years? is that any different from keeping and stretching Melo?

Yes, very.

Bonn1997
USA
8/15/2017  10:22 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:It lasts 3 years? is that any different from keeping and stretching Melo?

Yes, very.

Agreed. Stretching Melo would be way worse.
meloshouldgo

8/15/2017  10:27 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Yes, very.

More reason to pull the trigger then

Knickoftime

8/15/2017  10:32 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Yes, very.

Then don't stretch him.

Bonn1997
USA
8/15/2017  10:36 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Yes, very.

Then don't stretch him.

Yeah that's definitely out of the question
Knickoftime

8/15/2017  10:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/15/2017  10:42 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Yes, very.

Then don't stretch him.

Yeah that's definitely out of the question

The Knicks don't project to have much in the way of cap space next season in any other circumstance other than Melo exercising his ETO. If he does not and remains with the Knicks the difference between his and Anderson's salaries cap wise is negligible.

It becomes all about the next season - 2019-20. If the Knicks do not stretch him - and just ride out this year and next (salary wise) - they are free and clear of his salary in two years. Anderson on the other hand would be making over $21 million.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
8/15/2017  10:46 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:

Is Anthony's contract (2 years supermax, NTC) really that much less terrible? I guess if you're confident we could use the cap space in 2019 to land a very good FA, it is but I think one could be at least equally confident that Anderson will play better than Melo will here (age, attitude) and that we can use the sweeteners Houston includes (picks/players) at least as effectively as the extra year of cap space.
Bonn I think you are right. However there is one big assumption that one has to make: that Melo will be the same Melo we got last year. I think most would agree if he goes somewhere like Houston or Cle he will play better. Be rejuvenated, more a team guy, fit in more rather than this is my team my way... I think most would agree *that* Melo isnt going to play for the Knicks again.

I think that is a safe assumption to work under, or at least a fair one. Certainly Anderson hurts your cap with that extra year @ $21mm. At first I was dead set against any deal where we take back Anderson, but there is some cutting of the nose to spite the face there. Anderson makes us a better basketball. He makes the lockerroom better. He lets you start the season free of distractions. He lets the coaching staff focus on the court, not the locker room. Now the question is how much do the Knicks value those things and what an Anderson deal yields.

CP3 and Melo are old. Harden is not. A pair of unprotected picks in 2020/2022 may not be high but if they were or it was a deep draft they could be incredibly valuable assets in adding some talent to a roster that probably is capped out.

Anderson then gives you a nice stretch 4 either off the bench or to start if you want to put KP at the 5 to start. Anderson is a nice rebounder as well as probably lets the Knicks move KOQ for another asset as he's likely not in the long term plans. It will be interesting what the Knicks do, and I think it will shed some light on what their true priorities are. Hopefully they dont phuck this up. We will see.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knickoftime

8/15/2017  10:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/15/2017  10:55 AM
fishmike wrote:He makes the lockerroom better. He lets you start the season free of distractions. He lets the coaching staff focus on the court, not the locker room.

What you're referring to can be accomplished just by releasing melo.

Anderson is a nice rebounder...

No, he isn't. He's one of the worst rebounding power forwards in the game.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/15/2017  11:03 AM
Melo it stands to assume if he is going to sacrifice his stat line marching toward history it would be to add a chip or finals to his legacy.
As a knick, he would be playiing to maintain a 20pt avg? ON a team that is young and developing itself, that contribution won't get us to the playoffs and if anything artificially keeps our wins a little higher. If your going to suck, do it and get a better draft pick. Im not saying tank, but if you suck, don't put a band aid on it. In this case Melo is already in the medicine cabinet and on the payroll so why would a team not use him?
Anderson does the same thing. He is in his prime on a three year contract that any team can take on to fill a need. We don't have the need for him. At 20mil year you can address needs better.

Melo is exercising his NTC right which is the hard part. There is interest out there for him. OKC and Portland wants him. Clev and Rockets want him. Thats 4 teams. If he gave his blessing to all 4 there would be some bidding.
You and I might not like that melo has this right and morally he had no problem with this when came from Denver which kind of sucks for us.
Knicks Do not have to play him. The association can whine all they want but knicks are not under any obligation to play him. They will pay him. He can request a trade like any other player. But if knicks don't like the offer then he has no leverage.

This changes his priority wouldn't it? He does have choices, he can accept a buy out. He'd have to make it worth our while and he'd give up a boat load of money. He can go to another team and construct a deal we like.
But this is a two way street. We are not obligated to trade him.

Not punishment, not revenge, just business.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
8/15/2017  11:12 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
fishmike wrote:He makes the lockerroom better. He lets you start the season free of distractions. He lets the coaching staff focus on the court, not the locker room.

What you're referring to can be accomplished just by releasing melo.

Anderson is a nice rebounder...

No, he isn't. He's one of the worst rebounding power forwards in the game.

No it cant. I am not talking about addition by subtraction. I am talking about adding a productive vet who brings things that will make the Knicks better. Sure.. dropping Melo (the subtraction part) helps, but actually getting someone to step in and produce is as much a part of it. He's also a guy your not required to start. Good chance he gets similar minutes he saw last year off the bench.

I remember Anderson being a better rebounder earlier in his career... indeed his #s have declined almost every season there. He spends a lot of time very far from the basket. I guess my rusty brain was remembering the player that NOH paid... I believe he went for 166ppg and 8rebs. Your right though.. his rebounding #s are very low for a big.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
meloshouldgo

8/15/2017  11:27 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

I agree with all of that but it certainly seems the Knicks don't see it this way. I think the deal would have been done by now if they did.

Yeah they are negotiating from a position of zero leverage. If Melo stays it's a bad outcome for team chemistry and KP's development. If Melo goes to Houston in a trade we need to take on RA or similar contracts via third team. Houston doesn't have a critical or urging need for Melo. Though some people here want to believe that they do.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/15/2017  11:29 AM
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Bonn I think you are right. However there is one big assumption that one has to make: that Melo will be the same Melo we got last year. I think most would agree if he goes somewhere like Houston or Cle he will play better. Be rejuvenated, more a team guy, fit in more rather than this is my team my way... I think most would agree *that* Melo isnt going to play for the Knicks again.

I think that is a safe assumption to work under, or at least a fair one. Certainly Anderson hurts your cap with that extra year @ $21mm. At first I was dead set against any deal where we take back Anderson, but there is some cutting of the nose to spite the face there. Anderson makes us a better basketball. He makes the lockerroom better. He lets you start the season free of distractions. He lets the coaching staff focus on the court, not the locker room. Now the question is how much do the Knicks value those things and what an Anderson deal yields.

CP3 and Melo are old. Harden is not. A pair of unprotected picks in 2020/2022 may not be high but if they were or it was a deep draft they could be incredibly valuable assets in adding some talent to a roster that probably is capped out.

Anderson then gives you a nice stretch 4 either off the bench or to start if you want to put KP at the 5 to start. Anderson is a nice rebounder as well as probably lets the Knicks move KOQ for another asset as he's likely not in the long term plans. It will be interesting what the Knicks do, and I think it will shed some light on what their true priorities are. Hopefully they dont phuck this up. We will see.

Dont tell me they got you fish, not you! lol

Noah and Anderson would be taking up an unconscionable part of the cap. It will feel like Curry times two if Noah cant stay healthy. It would also send a signal that its business as usual at MSG. Just hold out long enough, and the Knicks will cave. They will say that because no is taking Anderson's deal.

Things are going to happen this season across the league we will not see coming. Could be injuries, could be an unexpected team slump. It could be a team performing better than expected.

Melo knows that if he comes back and plays like caca, he isnt going anywhere. If he tries to stuff the stats, Melo's clearly not trying to be a team player, then he is going to hear it from the fans like he did last season. Other teams have to sell a trade to their fans as well. An old, selfish, Melo, looking for a payday, wont be an easy sell.

It will also be a good way to convince Melo to expand his list. I know he wants to get paid, but he also wants a ring. Also give Houston time to reconsider their offer.

Keep Anthony's azz here

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy