[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Keep Anthony's azz here
Author Thread
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

8/11/2017  12:24 PM
Papabear Says

As you know I been a Carmelo Anthony fan. When we got him we gave up a whole team to get him. Now he wants to leave and he is holding us ransom to Huston only. Well kiss my azz. Keep him here. It's not like we are sending him to a bad team we want to send him to Cleveland or another play-off team. If he really cared for New York he would help this team get a star player in return. as I recall if we didn't give up everything to get him he would have went to the Nets without batting an eye. Keep Melo here and let him sit on the bench till his beard turns grey. We are not getting nothing from Houston in return. Remember they fleeced us before with Lin. Screw Houston.

Papabear
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/11/2017  12:37 PM
I think the Knicks need to move on from Melo. Teams that have traded stars this year have not done that well with their return. Butler, Cousins and George did not bring back much to their former teams. The Knucks just need to break even if that is possible in a Melo deal. Melo has a horrible contract and is on te decline. Moving him without a NTC and trade kicker would be difficult. With the NTC and kicker any deal the Knicks do is not going to be one they can win in my opinion.
In regards to Lin, Morey had to give up a first round pick to get out of his contract. Morey s crafty but his poison pill deals from that offseason did not work out that well for him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/11/2017  12:37 PM
I believe Melo had most Knicks fans behind him until his "Houston or bust" demand. Once Phil left, Anthony should have made more of an effort to find a solution that was best for both sides.

As long as the Knicks dont cave, dont make a deal that negatively impacts the team's future, they win. Even if Melo comes back. Melo knows he will have to play well to get traded.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/11/2017  12:40 PM
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

As you know I been a Carmelo Anthony fan. When we got him we gave up a whole team to get him. Now he wants to leave and he is holding us ransom to Huston only. Well kiss my azz. Keep him here. It's not like we are sending him to a bad team we want to send him to Cleveland or another play-off team. If he really cared for New York he would help this team get a star player in return. as I recall if we didn't give up everything to get him he would have went to the Nets without batting an eye. Keep Melo here and let him sit on the bench till his beard turns grey. We are not getting nothing from Houston in return. Remember they fleeced us before with Lin. Screw Houston.

scorched lover post! If you *really* cared you wouldnt hurt me so!

Seriously. Dude. He's a basketball player.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

8/11/2017  12:46 PM
fishmike wrote:

I hear that, but I'd rather just let him opt out after the year than take back a bunch of garbage... The Ewing trade really set this franchise back and I don't want to watch that happen again just because Melo prefers Houston

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Papabear
Member: #1414

8/11/2017  1:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/11/2017  1:07 PM
fishmike wrote:

Papabear Says

Read what Durant just said. (He took a lower pay so he could keep the core together) He was also faithful to OKC for many years and he left it on the floor. Blood , guts , and tears. What will melo leave us. I was ok up till this point with Melo. He would not be going to a bad team in Cleveland. I think he just don't want someone to come in here as a player and turn things around. remember Jeremy Lin.

Papabear
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
8/11/2017  1:22 PM
fishmike wrote:

Putting revenge against Melo above our team's future?! That's the kind of thing an 11 year old would do.
Bonn1997
USA
8/11/2017  1:24 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I hear that, but I'd rather just let him opt out after the year than take back a bunch of garbage... The Ewing trade really set this franchise back and I don't want to watch that happen again just because Melo prefers Houston

If it was guaranteed he'd opt out, sure, but we have no idea what he'd do. He's probably giving up $60 to 90 mil if he opts out and wants to go to Houston (next year's salary plus Houston's inability to re-sign him to a large contract).
knicks1248
Member: #582
8/11/2017  1:28 PM
Sitting him on the bench or some 6th man role certainly doesn't raise his value, it does the opposite. Maybe anderson(not wishing) gets hurt then maybe houston will have to pony up some real assets instead of the BS they are presenting to the knicks.
ES
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/11/2017  1:29 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Sitting him on the bench or some 6th man role certainly doesn't raise his value, it does the opposite. Maybe anderson(not wishing) gets hurt then maybe houston will have to pony up some real assets instead of the BS they are presenting to the knicks.

Like?

knicks1248
8/11/2017  1:38 PM
Papabear wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Papabear Says

Read what Durant just said. (He took a lower pay so he could keep the core together) He was also faithful to OKC for many years and he left it on the floor. Blood , guts , and tears. What will melo leave us. I was ok up till this point with Melo. He would not be going to a bad team in Cleveland. I think he just don't want someone to come in here as a player and turn things around. remember Jeremy Lin.

Mostly Everybody was ok with MELO until phils comments in december, and then a string of losses, a few uninspired games, and some triangle comments.

All of a sudden it's GET HIM OUT OF HERE, HE DOESN'T PASS ENOUGH, DOESNT PLAY D, HE'S A CANCER. Why would any one want to play with a guy like that, yet stars all over the league are recruiting him, and if he didn't have a NTC, 20 other teams would be blowing mills phones up.

ES
Knickoftime

8/11/2017  2:24 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Papabear wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Papabear Says

Mostly Everybody was ok with MELO until phils comments in december, and then a string of losses, a few uninspired games, and some triangle comments.

All of a sudden it's GET HIM OUT OF HERE, HE DOESN'T PASS ENOUGH, DOESNT PLAY D, HE'S A CANCER. Why would any one want to play with a guy like that, yet stars all over the league are recruiting him, and if he didn't have a NTC, 20 other teams would be blowing mills phones up.

Pragmatically...

That's why. Whether you believe he was a big part of the problem or the only thing that wasn't a part of the problem, it really doesn't matter.

Common sense dictates the Knicks won't be in a position to win anything for the remaining year or years of his deal. At that stage is just common practice for sports teams to start moving on from veterans who aren't going to be a part of the next competitive iteration of the team.

knicks1248
8/11/2017  3:20 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Sitting him on the bench or some 6th man role certainly doesn't raise his value, it does the opposite. Maybe anderson(not wishing) gets hurt then maybe houston will have to pony up some real assets instead of the BS they are presenting to the knicks.

Like?

Gordon

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
8/11/2017  3:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Like?

Gordon

Anderson is better. Gordon had one healthy season. Once he breaks down he's useless. We have tons of guards and Gordon plays less defense than Jose. Gordon is your idea of a real asset? Ariza, his level of play and his contract are an asset. Also he's off the table so it continues to be a none starter from both ends.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
USA
8/11/2017  3:27 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Like?

Gordon

Anderson is better. Gordon had one healthy season. Once he breaks down he's useless. We have tons of guards and Gordon plays less defense than Jose. Gordon is your idea of a real asset? Ariza, his level of play and his contract are an asset. Also he's off the table so it continues to be a none starter from both ends.

Yeah, seriously. Offering Gordon instead of Anderson wouldn't be sweetening the deal. It would be poisoning it.
knicks1248
8/11/2017  3:28 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Papabear wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Papabear Says

Pragmatically...

That's why. Whether you believe he was a big part of the problem or the only thing that wasn't a part of the problem, it really doesn't matter.

Common sense dictates the Knicks won't be in a position to win anything for the remaining year or years of his deal. At that stage is just common practice for sports teams to start moving on from veterans who aren't going to be a part of the next competitive iteration of the team.

I have no problem with that, I'm not for any deal that sets us back.

ES
Knickoftime

8/11/2017  3:44 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Papabear wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Papabear Says

Pragmatically...

This is the logistical problem with a trade. It makes sense for the Knicks to move on from Melo. But on the other hand his salary and his no trade clause makes it very very difficult to not set the team back.

My theory is where this is headed is a full 2017-2018 buyout during the season with melo leaving a decent chunk of 2018-19 salary on the table.

Bonn1997
USA
8/11/2017  3:53 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Papabear wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Papabear Says

Pragmatically...

This is the logistical problem with a trade. It makes sense for the Knicks to move on from Melo. But on the other hand his salary and his no trade clause makes it very very difficult to not set the team back.

My theory is where this is headed is a full 2017-2018 buyout during the season with melo leaving a decent chunk of 2018-19 salary on the table.

I don't think it is. With a buyout, his new team doesn't have his bird rights and can't offer him much in salary next year or beyond (assuming it's a team without cap space). I think at a minimum, he'd be leaving $40 mil and maybe even $75 mil or more on the table if he does a buyout. I just don't see it unless he just wants to win and doesn't care at all about money. Otherwise, it might come down to either waiving him or taking the best deal.
Knickoftime

8/11/2017  4:31 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Papabear wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Papabear Says

Pragmatically...

My theory is where this is headed is a full 2017-2018 buyout during the season with Melo leaving a decent chunk of 2018-19 salary on the table.

I don't think it is. With a buyout, his new team doesn't have his bird rights and can't offer him much in salary next year or beyond (assuming it's a team without cap space). I think at a minimum, he'd be leaving $40 mil and maybe even $75 mil or more on the table if he does a buyout. I just don't see it unless he just wants to win and doesn't care at all about money. Otherwise, it might come down to either waiving him or taking the best deal.

The Knicks owe Melo this full salary his season, no if, ands or buts. Next season is a little dicier since it's an option year but since it's Melo's option he certainly has the leverage.

But his Birds rights are the property of the Knicks, not his to dole around as he wants. The Knicks do not owe him that.

That is the Knicks leverage, that they will sit on him and then send him into the free agency without Bird rights in two years rather than one, when he's a year older.

He's in a position to try to get everything right now and he should, but as months go by the prospect of him spending two years on the Knicks and then going to free agency at 35 without Bird rights gets to scales moving back in the other direction.

Bonn1997
USA
8/11/2017  5:09 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Papabear wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Papabear Says

Pragmatically...

My theory is where this is headed is a full 2017-2018 buyout during the season with Melo leaving a decent chunk of 2018-19 salary on the table.

The Knicks owe Melo this full salary his season, no if, ands or buts. Next season is a little dicier since it's an option year but since it's Melo's option he certainly has the leverage.

But his Birds rights are the property of the Knicks, not his to dole around as he wants. The Knicks do not owe him that.

That is the Knicks leverage, that they will sit on him and then send him into the free agency without Bird rights in two years rather than one, when he's a year older.

He's in a position to try to get everything right now and he should, but as months go by the prospect of him spending two years on the Knicks and then going to free agency at 35 without Bird rights gets to scales moving back in the other direction.

Actually, I see what you're saying. Those are reasonable points. I'm sure Melo still wants to be traded so the Rockets have his Bird rights. The Knicks would have to convince him that's off the table.
Keep Anthony's azz here

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy