New York Knicks: Frank Ntilikina working on dribble penetration skills
Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
8/17/2017  10:44 AM
nixluva wrote:

He doesn't miss! If he does that all season, the Knicks will be pretty darn good.

Seriously, the kid looks very good for a "skinny" 19 year old who played in Europe.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/17/2017  10:49 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

He doesn't miss! If he does that all season, the Knicks will be pretty darn good.

Seriously, the kid looks very good for a "skinny" 19 year old who played in Europe.

No doubt he looks great. His jumper is a little methodical which could cause him to have problems creating separation, but his size should make up for it. Overall, his jumper is smooth. He will be a good NBA shooter. He will also be better this season than people think. He has NBA ready skills on both sides of the ball. Defense and hitting open shots are 2 skills that translate right away.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/17/2017  11:19 AM
Players with long arms/hands release always looks a bit slower. Just a bit.
Monk looksed like an undeveloped child compared to this kid, and he is a year younger!
He just turned 19 and would be a freshman in College this season.
He will no doubt have a learing curve and it should be interesting to see how and if he progresses.
These euro kids are taught to not shoot first but create for others. He has admitted to over thinking the game and not letting his instincts take over.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

8/17/2017  1:37 PM
ramtour420 wrote:Ok , fine I'll be the first one to guarantee that FN will be an impact player. He shot is butter. It will open up the floor for him to dissect the defense. He will will propell his team in two years time.

Agreed, I think it's one part of his game that is completely overlooked he's a serious sharp shooter who can create his own shot . Defenses will pay for not paying attention to Frankie and when they do it will open up the whole floor for him to be a floor general.

I think he will be in the running for rookie of the year, he's played pro ball for years against grown men in there 30's that gives him a big advantage like it did for KP. I think a lot of people are going to be eating their words on wanting to draft DSJ instead. Frank is a super talent I'd take Frankie over DSJ 10 outta ten times .

blkexec
Member: #748
8/17/2017  2:31 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:Ok , fine I'll be the first one to guarantee that FN will be an impact player. He shot is butter. It will open up the floor for him to dissect the defense. He will will propell his team in two years time.

Agreed, I think it's one part of his game that is completely overlooked he's a serious sharp shooter who can create his own shot . Defenses will pay for not paying attention to Frankie and when they do it will open up the whole floor for him to be a floor general.

I think he will be in the running for rookie of the year, he's played pro ball for years against grown men in there 30's that gives him a big advantage like it did for KP. I think a lot of people are going to be eating their words on wanting to draft DSJ instead. Frank is a super talent I'd take Frankie over DSJ 10 outta ten times .

I doubt he will have as many highlights as DSJ, but highlights don't win championships. His defense might be just as good if not better than his jumper, which is nice.

The two important positions you need to build a championship team and we have those positions covered by two young players with room to grow......KP and Frank Nitty

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/17/2017  3:07 PM
blkexec wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

I doubt he will have as many highlights as DSJ, but highlights don't win championships. His defense might be just as good if not better than his jumper, which is nice.

The two important positions you need to build a championship team and we have those positions covered by two young players with room to grow......KP and Frank Nitty

Exactly right.
fitzfarm

8/17/2017  3:18 PM
Knixkik wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

Exactly right.

Agreed highlights don't even win you games. Again franks tea went to the chip,DSJ team had a loosing record.

Kp,frank,Willy,thjr,Dotson this team has a very bright future

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/17/2017  4:19 PM
Knixkik wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

Exactly right.

Right - what complete mess Phil Jackson left us in. We were heavy on the trail of a moonshot at a second round exit and he left us with pieces to build our future on? Whasat?? Can we fire him again?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
reub
Member: #6227

8/17/2017  4:35 PM
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

No doubt he looks great. His jumper is a little methodical which could cause him to have problems creating separation, but his size should make up for it. Overall, his jumper is smooth. He will be a good NBA shooter. He will also be better this season than people think. He has NBA ready skills on both sides of the ball. Defense and hitting open shots are 2 skills that translate right away.

Frank needs to work on his holding the ball for 20 seconds, jabstepping and not running back on defense. These are veteran moves so they'll take him some time.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/17/2017  4:38 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

Exactly right.

Right - what complete mess Phil Jackson left us in. We were heavy on the trail of a moonshot at a second round exit and he left us with pieces to build our future on? Whasat?? Can we fire him again?

Genuine question - what executive skill did he demonstrate to obtain those two players?

As I understand it he took a 37 win team to 17 wins, and then won 31 games two seasons later in order to secure the #4 and #8 pick.

Do you believe that was his strategy and if so how does Melo's deal fit into it?

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/17/2017  6:21 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

Exactly right.

Genuine question - what executive skill did he demonstrate to obtain those two players?

As I understand it he took a 37 win team to 17 wins, and then won 31 games two seasons later in order to secure the #4 and #8 pick.

Do you believe that was his strategy and if so how does Melo's deal fit into it?

Genuine question what Knick executive last left the team with 4 quality starters with a ton of upside?

Second question exactly what insight do you expect me to provide into the Knicks decision making process? They don't exactly slightly with me before pulling the trigger. Asking me about what Phil did so you can then dismiss it as speculation is kinda stupid isn't it?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/17/2017  6:27 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

Exactly right.

I wouldn't expect an answer. But if accidentally tanking is a quality of a good exec then Phil at least has that.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knickoftime

8/17/2017  6:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/17/2017  6:51 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

Exactly right.

Genuine question what Knick executive last left the team with 4 quality starters with a ton of upside?

Forgiving the fact Ntilikina is only one of those things as far as we know, I don't know, perhaps because it's been a very long time. And considering the Knicks have been awful for 16 years, I'm not sure grading him on a KNicks-only curve really demonstrates anything positive.

Second question exactly what insight do you expect me to provide into the Knicks decision making process?

Perhaps the same you showed into Ryan Anderson's.

Asking me about what Phil did so you can then dismiss it as speculation is kinda stupid isn't it?

Not really, but I'm happy to adjust.

The two players you mentioned that I inquired about specifically were obtained primarily by the being very bad despite huge contracts given to Melo and Noah, not even mentioning Lee and others. Do you think finishing with 17 and 31 wins and therefore qualifying for the 4 and 8 picks is a credit to Jackson's executive acumen?

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/17/2017  7:16 PM
Phil Jackson:
“We have to protect our future,’’ Jackson said. “We can’t get so enamored with what’s happening right now that we forget what’s ahead of us. If we evaluate a player and see a long-term person who fits in this organization, we’ll do that.

Phil NEVER sold out for win now. That in itself is a plan. Some fans don't want to accept this but Phil took drafting seriously and he and his team did a good job of using the picks they did have. None of you guys bashing Phil can say that he went ALL IN in any of the last 3 seasons. If he did that and gave up picks then I could say you're right but he didn't do that and as a result we have a VERY nice set of young talent to move forward with.

Kristaps Porzingis
Willy Hernangomez
Frank Ntilikina
Damyean Dotson

blkexec
Member: #748
8/17/2017  8:01 PM
nixluva wrote:Phil Jackson:
“We have to protect our future,’’ Jackson said. “We can’t get so enamored with what’s happening right now that we forget what’s ahead of us. If we evaluate a player and see a long-term person who fits in this organization, we’ll do that.

Phil NEVER sold out for win now. That in itself is a plan. Some fans don't want to accept this but Phil took drafting seriously and he and his team did a good job of using the picks they did have. None of you guys bashing Phil can say that he went ALL IN in any of the last 3 seasons. If he did that and gave up picks then I could say you're right but he didn't do that and as a result we have a VERY nice set of young talent to move forward with.

Kristaps Porzingis
Willy Hernangomez
Frank Ntilikina
Damyean Dotson

What if THj becomes the real deal.....Add him to this bunch and you have something special......THj has the blood line, offensive game, athleticism, IQ now that he's entering his prime.....If his defensive IQ and defensive skills increased, then we have a solid player to add to this youth movement. He's also a good dude with a solid foundation. Pops will not allow him to fail.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/17/2017  8:24 PM
blkexec wrote:

Kristaps Porzingis
Willy Hernangomez
Frank Ntilikina
Damyean Dotson

What if THj becomes the real deal.....Add him to this bunch and you have something special......THj has the blood line, offensive game, athleticism, IQ now that he's entering his prime.....If his defensive IQ and defensive skills increased, then we have a solid player to add to this youth movement. He's also a good dude with a solid foundation. Pops will not allow him to fail.

The Knicks have a group of young guys that are right on the doorstep of having real impact. THJ is ascending and fits right in with the youth movement.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/17/2017  8:50 PM

Kristaps Porzingis
Willy Hernangomez
Frank Ntilikina
Damyean Dotson

It was definitely a strong suit for him. But the first pick he could trade was 2018 and it appeared that the franchise was moving away from trading picks when they didn't move a pick to go after Lowry. He still did well with Willy and KP. Dotson looks great and I am excited about Frank but wish I could have seen him in the summer league.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

8/17/2017  8:59 PM
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

ball handing is still sloppy, not tight enough

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knickoftime

8/18/2017  12:04 AM

Kristaps Porzingis
Willy Hernangomez
Frank Ntilikina
Damyean Dotson

If we are grading Jackson for not trading first round picks, then in the context of Knick executives, he scores high marks. But league-wide that's hardly a check in his column - most don't.

Jackson was by no means all bad. But he did not intend to win 17 games three years ago, or 31 games last year. His two biggest pluses (KP & Ntilikina) were unintended consequences.

At the end of the day, he almost certainly failed to achieve his own objectives. That's a pretty straightforward way to assess someone's success or lack thereof.

fitzfarm

8/18/2017  5:05 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

ball handing is still sloppy, not tight enough

Disagree on the ball handling the guy has super long arms.... if ball handling was a issue it would have been exposed in France

New York Knicks: Frank Ntilikina working on dribble penetration skills

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy