GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/15/2017  1:26 PM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Frankie is going to win the Rookie of the Year. The fact that we don't have a veteran starting PG in the roster will mean that he will get a lot of PT. Watch him average around 9 assists per game and defend the perimeter like a beast. I can't wait to see Baker and Frank guarding the perimeter. Gone are the days of walking into the paint against our Knickerbockers.

I was high on Landry Fields, I cant blame you for being enthusiastic. I Cant make any call on Frank until I see him play in the NBA. Some players in this draft have the makings of a generational talent.

I think you are using that term a little to loosely. Lebron James and KD are generational talents as is Curry and even Kawahi. They do things on the court not many players in the NBA past or present have been capable of doing. I don't see that with this draft class. This draft class I see a lot of potential all stars. Maybe a franchise player or 2.

"Generational talent" just means the best players of their generation. Ball, Tatum, Fultz, one or more of them might be just that. Can we really even guess right now about Frank?

No... but I view Frank as having that generational upside because of his physical skills. There are a million ? marks with Frank starting with can be a full time starting PG? I love most everything about this player however and think we took a good gamble here.

If I had seen some advanced PG skills, I would rate him higher as a prospect. Frank might show he is a better floor general than he has been to this point. Looks like the type of player who wont rest on his laurels.

AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
8/15/2017  1:30 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Frankie is going to win the Rookie of the Year. The fact that we don't have a veteran starting PG in the roster will mean that he will get a lot of PT. Watch him average around 9 assists per game and defend the perimeter like a beast. I can't wait to see Baker and Frank guarding the perimeter. Gone are the days of walking into the paint against our Knickerbockers.

I was high on Landry Fields, I cant blame you for being enthusiastic. I Cant make any call on Frank until I see him play in the NBA. Some players in this draft have the makings of a generational talent.

I think you are using that term a little to loosely. Lebron James and KD are generational talents as is Curry and even Kawahi. They do things on the court not many players in the NBA past or present have been capable of doing. I don't see that with this draft class. This draft class I see a lot of potential all stars. Maybe a franchise player or 2.

"Generational talent" just means the best players of their generation. Ball, Tatum, Fultz, one or more of them might be just that. Can we really even guess right now about Frank?

Frank absolutely has generational upside. 6'5 with a 7ft wing span with PG skills and shooting skills and elite defensive tools. Those don't grow on trees. The question is will he develop himself to be dominant with his tools. Or will he just be a utility player.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/15/2017  2:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/15/2017  2:21 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Frank absolutely has generational upside. 6'5 with a 7ft wing span with PG skills and shooting skills and elite defensive tools. Those don't grow on trees. The question is will he develop himself to be dominant with his tools. Or will he just be a utility player.

Just look how he compares physically to the rest of the rookie class. I don't think people have a clear sense of how much longer he is than the typical guard. Look at him compared to the other rookies. Then consider that he has 7'0" wingspan.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
8/15/2017  2:28 PM
Like how Lonzo Ball is looking over at Frankie saying to himself that this dude will not make it easy for me.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

8/15/2017  8:42 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Frank absolutely has generational upside. 6'5 with a 7ft wing span with PG skills and shooting skills and elite defensive tools. Those don't grow on trees. The question is will he develop himself to be dominant with his tools. Or will he just be a utility player.

Just look how he compares physically to the rest of the rookie class. I don't think people have a clear sense of how much longer he is than the typical guard. Look at him compared to the other rookies. Then consider that he has 7'0" wingspan.

yes he is longer but far less explosive, far behind in dribble penetration skills, I will be surprised if he ends up a PG
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BigDaddyG

8/15/2017  9:55 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

yes he is longer but far less explosive, far behind in dribble penetration skills, I will be surprised if he ends up a PG

It's possible he grows into a point forward. Everything is on the table. I wouldn't say that he's that far behind in penetration skills. The floor will open up for him in the NBA and, in some ways, it will be easier to find driving lanes. You see it with a lot of guys who come in from college. Plus his pull up J is already more advanced than a lot of the You can see from some of his defensive highlights that he's got some bounce. Did you check out those come from behind blocks he's made while defending the fast break? He's not that far behind athletically. He covers a lot of ground with those long strides of his.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
8/15/2017  10:56 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

It's possible he grows into a point forward. Everything is on the table. I wouldn't say that he's that far behind in penetration skills. The floor will open up for him in the NBA and, in some ways, it will be easier to find driving lanes. You see it with a lot of guys who come in from college. Plus his pull up J is already more advanced than a lot of the You can see from some of his defensive highlights that he's got some bounce. Did you check out those come from behind blocks he's made while defending the fast break? He's not that far behind athletically. He covers a lot of ground with those long strides of his.

Yes it is. He has shown the ability to shoot very well off the dribble in France. He can develop into a serious threat with the pull up or the pass.

BigDaddyG

8/15/2017  11:20 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Yes it is. He has shown the ability to shoot very well off the dribble in France. He can develop into a serious threat with the pull up or the pass.

And he's shown an advanced understanding of spacing during the pick and roll. Most teams use the pick and roll, or pop, anyway. That will enhance his ability to get into paint.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/16/2017  2:29 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Also although Nitty isn't a FREAK in terms of his explosiveness, he's certainly got enough explosion to be effective. This is a dunk off one foot which at least shows he's got enough hops at his height to finish.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

8/16/2017  3:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/16/2017  3:20 PM
While it would be nice if Frank had elite explosion it won't be necessary for him to be able to get in the paint.

We will be running him off of high screen roll action with KP who will become one of the more advanced/dangerous pick/pop - pick/roll big's in the league this year.

After using the screen Frank's size/length will play into him being able to find mid-range, floater or at the rim shots --- it will really come down to how aggressive he becomes/is and how good he can finish at those 3 levels but the KP screen action will allow him to get inside the foul line.

His decision making will be a key as well in terms of shoot/pass -- if anything I expect he will be too pass first early as he is unselfish...may take time to build confidence.

reub
Member: #6227

8/16/2017  4:04 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Frank absolutely has generational upside. 6'5 with a 7ft wing span with PG skills and shooting skills and elite defensive tools. Those don't grow on trees. The question is will he develop himself to be dominant with his tools. Or will he just be a utility player.

Frank's also younger than all of them. He'd be starting college as a freshman if he played in the States. He was a steal at #8!

newyorknewyork
8/16/2017  5:12 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

And he's shown an advanced understanding of spacing during the pick and roll. Most teams use the pick and roll, or pop, anyway. That will enhance his ability to get into paint.

Watch how he set that up. Saw the big man drop back to create space. Drove to the opposite side to make the guy guarding the big commit further away from the paint. And dropped the dime as soon as he saw the defender step up. The dime was so precise off of one dribble because he new he was manipulating the defense to his liking.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

8/16/2017  6:52 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Watch how he set that up. Saw the big man drop back to create space. Drove to the opposite side to make the guy guarding the big commit further away from the paint. And dropped the dime as soon as he saw the defender step up. The dime was so precise off of one dribble because he new he was manipulating the defense to his liking.

Yeah - he may be much better than we are even thinking with the ball in his hands --- last French team he was on he was basically sharing or off the ball much of the time.

If Horny puts the ball in his hands and gives him an easy/aggressive offense to manage he just might be VERY good full time PG.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/16/2017  7:00 PM
reub wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Frank's also younger than all of them. He'd be starting college as a freshman if he played in the States. He was a steal at #8!

Exactly right. He is essentially a year less developed at this point in time. I have come to accept that Ntilikina may not end up having the same statistical impact as a guy like Dennis Smith, but with the way we looked at advanced stats and judge impact differently today, it really doesn't matter. It's like comparing Derrick Rose to George Hill. Statistically, Hill had a career year, and his numbers still weren't as good as Rose, but we know Hill's overall impact is at a completely different level. Ntilikina will have the opportunity, similar to guy's like Draymond Green and Avery Bradley, to impact the game in a way where his stats might not totally reflect.

BigDaddyG

8/16/2017  7:10 PM
reub wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Freshman lol he'd probably still be a highschool prep with all the reclassifying that's done these days.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/16/2017  9:40 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
reub wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Freshman lol he'd probably still be a highschool prep with all the reclassifying that's done these days.

I don't understand all this reclassifying. Are guys just held back at young ages so they can dominate their age groups? It seems like when a player reclassifies, it just bumps them up to the class they are supposed to be in age-wise. For example, Bagley just reclassified, essentially skipping his senior year, but he's already 18. So he has been a year older than his competition for his entire career up to this point? By those terms you're right, Ntilikina is the same age as some of these guys going into senior year.

BigDaddyG

8/16/2017  10:10 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
reub wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I don't understand all this reclassifying. Are guys just held back at young ages so they can dominate their age groups? It seems like when a player reclassifies, it just bumps them up to the class they are supposed to be in age-wise. For example, Bagley just reclassified, essentially skipping his senior year, but he's already 18. So he has been a year older than his competition for his entire career up to this point? By those terms you're right, Ntilikina is the same age as some of these guys going into senior year.

It's definitely a process that has been abused. I'm not against, per se. Some kids might need a year to mature physically and mentally. But you hear stories of top players doing it just to move a few spots in the national rankings and it makes me cringe.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/17/2017  10:30 AM
reub
Member: #6227

8/17/2017  10:43 AM
nixluva wrote:

He only worked out for 57 seconds?

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
8/17/2017  10:44 AM
Ok , fine I'll be the first one to guarantee that FN will be an impact player. He shot is butter. It will open up the floor for him to dissect the defense. He will will propell his team in two years time.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
New York Knicks: Frank Ntilikina working on dribble penetration skills

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy