[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

EuroBasket 2017 - KP, Willy and Kuuz
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/7/2017  4:21 PM
Gudris wrote:great game by KP, a lot of highlights plays today :)

You really could play 4 guards with KP at C--we need a guard who can make plays with the dribble--we have too many spot up shooters. If we had 4 and 1 KP would have all sorts of room to do what he wanted--and really same thing w Willy. That way we could go big once in awhile and also keep KP minutes down so he stays healthy.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

9/7/2017  4:37 PM
Briggs you still wanting to revisit the Willy is better than KP argument?

The next time Willy impacts ANY game the way KP impacted the Latvia game today will be NEVER and I'm not knocking Willy with that comment.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/7/2017  5:02 PM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
Gudris wrote:Fantastic game for KP, after first half 16 points(4 dunks, 83%fg), 2 steals, 2 blocks
http://www.fiba.basketball/ls/#12105&BKM400D15

without having seen the game, the rebounding numbers are still troubling. At least 1 of the 2 rebounds was a put back dunk. KP needs to get rebounds

He needs to watch film on KG. After that study Camby before JVG's coaching and after. Those are two guys with similar body types. Its more challenging for guys with his body type to bang. The angles are awkward. When you put your body on someone your looking to close the shoulder to shoulder and hip to hip. Problem is KP's shoulders and hips dont touch other players, so he doesnt have that context and it makes him look weird setting screens and boxing out. Its an aspect of his body he's going to need to work around.

One of my biggest concerns this upcoming season will be team rebounding. Frank averaged 2 rebounds a game in Europe, KP should be averaging more, that could be an issue. Maybe KP is trying too hard to go for the block and putting himself out of position. Want to see these guys crash the boards. One drawback to Lopez being traded was that he blocked out the best defender which made it easier for KP to grab boards.

Maybe a healthy Noah will help in that dept.

Gudris
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6213

9/7/2017  5:09 PM
KP is very good rebounder, take a look how many rebounds he gives to teammates instead grabbing himself all he can
GustavBahler

9/7/2017  5:10 PM
Gudris wrote:KP is very good rebounder, take a look how many rebounds he gives to teammates instead grabbing himself all he can

Is he doing that this summer?

Gudris

9/7/2017  5:12 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Gudris wrote:KP is very good rebounder, take a look how many rebounds he gives to teammates instead grabbing himself all he can

Yes...he is boxing out bigs so others can grab a rebound

GustavBahler

9/7/2017  5:16 PM
Gudris wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Thanks for the info. KP wasnt really doing that in the NBA, but this is good to know.

Gudris

9/7/2017  7:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/7/2017  7:15 PM

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/7/2017  7:44 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Gudris wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Thanks for the info. KP wasnt really doing that in the NBA, but this is good to know.

Don't see how this should be a problem since the Knicks ranked #5 in Rebounding. We have all the same bigs so why would this suddenly be a big problem?

GustavBahler

9/7/2017  10:20 PM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Gudris wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Don't see how this should be a problem since the Knicks ranked #5 in Rebounding. We have all the same bigs so why would this suddenly be a big problem?

Better than I thought considering our record. But I still would like to see KP doing a better job of boxing out under the rim, and grabbing more boards. If Frank is going to be the starting PG, I hope he can up his rebounding as well. Curious to see why he grabs so few. If KOQ gets dealt, I hope Beasley can help pick up the slack. Noah has to stay healthy as well.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/7/2017  10:21 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
Gudris wrote:Fantastic game for KP, after first half 16 points(4 dunks, 83%fg), 2 steals, 2 blocks

without having seen the game, the rebounding numbers are still troubling. At least 1 of the 2 rebounds was a put back dunk. KP needs to get rebounds

He needs to watch film on KG. After that study Camby before JVG's coaching and after. Those are two guys with similar body types. Its more challenging for guys with his body type to bang. The angles are awkward. When you put your body on someone your looking to close the shoulder to shoulder and hip to hip. Problem is KP's shoulders and hips dont touch other players, so he doesnt have that context and it makes him look weird setting screens and boxing out. Its an aspect of his body he's going to need to work around.

One of my biggest concerns this upcoming season will be team rebounding. Frank averaged 2 rebounds a game in Europe, KP should be averaging more, that could be an issue. Maybe KP is trying too hard to go for the block and putting himself out of position. Want to see these guys crash the boards. One drawback to Lopez being traded was that he blocked out the best defender which made it easier for KP to grab boards.

KP doesnt rebound enough, and Willy is not the rim protector KP is
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GustavBahler

9/7/2017  10:26 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:

KP doesnt rebound enough, and Willy is not the rim protector KP is

Thats true, sounds like they're working on it over the summer. Im curious as to how much of a leap Willy's defense takes (if any) next season? Was glad to hear him acknowledge that it was something he needed to work on, which is the first step.

Willy could be good enough to be an all star down the road, if he plays some legitimate D, with what he is already showing on offense.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/7/2017  10:32 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Gudris wrote:great game by KP, a lot of highlights plays today :)

You really could play 4 guards with KP at C--we need a guard who can make plays with the dribble--we have too many spot up shooters. If we had 4 and 1 KP would have all sorts of room to do what he wanted--and really same thing w Willy. That way we could go big once in awhile and also keep KP minutes down so he stays healthy.

Willy is a better fit for the 4 and 1 because he has a back to the basket post game, KP plays like a SF, he is a face up type player. I would love if KP developed a post game, he might become the franchise player many believe he will be.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

9/7/2017  10:45 PM
You know, one guy that really stands out in all these KP Latvia basketball clips -- Janis Timma. 25-year-old 6'7" SG/SF. Dude shoots the lights out, and has a real good feel for the game overall. Looks like he's got + athleticism/strength, excellent quickness and a real high overall skill level. Does a lot of nice things out there -- very good shooter, handles it well, goes to the glass, strong looking post up game...Playing some real good ball of late for the Latvian national team. I see Memphis drafted him 60th overall a few years back, then traded his rights to the Magic sometime after that. Remember the name, this dude can ball:

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

9/8/2017  7:15 AM
Finestrg wrote:You know, one guy that really stands out in all these KP Latvia basketball clips -- Janis Timma. 25-year-old 6'7" SG/SF. Dude shoots the lights out, and has a real good feel for the game overall. Looks like he's got + athleticism/strength, excellent quickness and a real high overall skill level. Does a lot of nice things out there -- very good shooter, handles it well, goes to the glass, strong looking post up game...Playing some real good ball of late for the Latvian national team. I see Memphis drafted him 60th overall a few years back, then traded his rights to the Magic sometime after that. Remember the name, this dude can ball:

I have begin seeings his game on these clips and fully agree. He seems to anchor that team as a QB. Sorry to hear someone in his rights, maybe the magic would take someone we have as a swap? KP and Timma seem to combine really well and often.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/8/2017  8:08 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Finestrg wrote:You know, one guy that really stands out in all these KP Latvia basketball clips -- Janis Timma. 25-year-old 6'7" SG/SF. Dude shoots the lights out, and has a real good feel for the game overall. Looks like he's got + athleticism/strength, excellent quickness and a real high overall skill level. Does a lot of nice things out there -- very good shooter, handles it well, goes to the glass, strong looking post up game...Playing some real good ball of late for the Latvian national team. I see Memphis drafted him 60th overall a few years back, then traded his rights to the Magic sometime after that. Remember the name, this dude can ball:

I have begin seeings his game on these clips and fully agree. He seems to anchor that team as a QB. Sorry to hear someone in his rights, maybe the magic would take someone we have as a swap? KP and Timma seem to combine really well and often.

I mentioned him earlier in the thread. Dude is a NBA player. He's very effortless and tough.

To compare... the way he plays is the way we need Melo to play with KP. Melo needs to let the ball fly and dio his thing. Holding the ball is destroying the team. If Melo let's the ball go, it will definitely come back. KP and Timma are proving that every game. They both are getting theirs. High 20s for both just about every night.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/8/2017  8:42 AM
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

I mentioned him earlier in the thread. Dude is a NBA player. He's very effortless and tough.

To compare... the way he plays is the way we need Melo to play with KP. Melo needs to let the ball fly and dio his thing. Holding the ball is destroying the team. If Melo let's the ball go, it will definitely come back. KP and Timma are proving that every game. They both are getting theirs. High 20s for both just about every night.

He reminds me a little of Andres Nocioni on offense. The guy looks like he has the physical part of NBA play down. Anyone knows how he is on defense?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Gudris

9/8/2017  2:30 PM
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/8/2017  2:46 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

He reminds me a little of Andres Nocioni on offense. The guy looks like he has the physical part of NBA play down. Anyone knows how he is on defense?

I like it. He has that old man game.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/8/2017  2:50 PM
Gudris wrote:

awesome!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EuroBasket 2017 - KP, Willy and Kuuz

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy