[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

EuroBasket 2017 - KP, Willy and Kuuz
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/2/2017  10:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/2/2017  10:29 AM
From what I see KP still can't finish inside. He doesn't have any clue what to do if it's not a jumper or dunk. To me if he ever figures that out he will be unguardable. He needs to find a big man coach. Funny someone mentioned Kareem... KP could be Kareem if he could finish inside with purpose
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/2/2017  10:34 AM
Gudris wrote:

Thanks for posting this. I think his upper body work, particularly on KP's shoulders have paid off. Doing a better job squaring up on offense when he shoots or goes to the rim, better at keeping his balance. Would like to see him post up closer to the rim at times though. An up and under move would come in handy against guys like Townes and AD.

Glad to see more post ups, and it looks like that's been a focus. Nice fluid shot.

These clips also show how easy the game could be for KP when he has a PG who looks for him, knows the best spots to get him the ball.

reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

9/2/2017  1:16 PM
EnySpree wrote:From what I see KP still can't finish inside. He doesn't have any clue what to do if it's not a jumper or dunk. To me if he ever figures that out he will be unguardable. He needs to find a big man coach. Funny someone mentioned Kareem... KP could be Kareem if he could finish inside with purpose

KP utilizing Kareem's sky hook would be checkmate on the rest of the league.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/2/2017  1:17 PM
If we had Lonzo Ball KP would be in the mid 50FG%
RIP Crushalot😞
reub

9/2/2017  1:18 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:If KP is gassed now, its good he's getting in the extra competition over the summer. Older players you have to worry about stamina, but it sounds like Porzingis needs more cardio, or needs more work on his core. Bulking up can help, but only do so much. As long as they dont give him too many minutes, thats where injuries are more likely to happen.

The guy is 7-3. He's going to get gassed whether he's in tip top shape or not. He can be an integral part but the Knicks would be very negligent playing him anything much more than 30 minutes. 1 game here or there big minutes-- ok. Average 26-30 we want him healthy

Creatine is the answer.

Gudris
Member: #6213

9/2/2017  1:35 PM
Willy today 9 points 10 rebounds
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/2/2017  1:43 PM
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:If KP is gassed now, its good he's getting in the extra competition over the summer. Older players you have to worry about stamina, but it sounds like Porzingis needs more cardio, or needs more work on his core. Bulking up can help, but only do so much. As long as they dont give him too many minutes, thats where injuries are more likely to happen.

The guy is 7-3. He's going to get gassed whether he's in tip top shape or not. He can be an integral part but the Knicks would be very negligent playing him anything much more than 30 minutes. 1 game here or there big minutes-- ok. Average 26-30 we want him healthy

Creatine is the answer.

Yeah, just like flaxseed oil was the answer for Barry Bonds lol

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

9/2/2017  2:20 PM
Still no hint of a back to the basket game.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

9/2/2017  2:32 PM
The handwringing over KP is epic and hilarious.
reub

9/2/2017  3:41 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Creatine is the answer.

Creatine mixed with flaxseed oil then.

EnySpree

9/2/2017  3:45 PM
reub wrote:
EnySpree wrote:From what I see KP still can't finish inside. He doesn't have any clue what to do if it's not a jumper or dunk. To me if he ever figures that out he will be unguardable. He needs to find a big man coach. Funny someone mentioned Kareem... KP could be Kareem if he could finish inside with purpose

Kareem was more than the sky hook. He was a completely unguardable. He had the full package.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GustavBahler

9/2/2017  3:53 PM
reub wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Creatine is the answer.

Creatine mixed with flaxseed oil then.

Squat Thrusts!

EnySpree

9/2/2017  3:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/2/2017  3:56 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Still no hint of a back to the basket game.

I would like to see him extend his reach and finish at the rim. He's quick so he can use alot of misdirection. Adding that to his step back and cross over moves makes him unguardable.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/2/2017  4:01 PM
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:

Kareem was more than the sky hook. He was a completely unguardable. He had the full package.

I'm still HIGHLY optimistic about KP's game. Kid is 22!!! He's got so much more growth in front of him. KP looks improved over last year and he's looking more confident as sure of himself. I too hope he can get with a big man coach and learn some legit post play. For now I can accept his progress.

GustavBahler

9/2/2017  4:05 PM
EnySpree wrote:

I would like to see him extend his reach and finish at the rim. He's quick so he can use alot of misdirection. Adding that to his step back and cross over moves

KP showed a post game around the foul stripe that looked very good, and tough to defend with his wingspan and height, just needs to move in closer sometimes and roll to the rim.

As I said, an up and under move would be real handy. I will be disappointed if we dont see some progress in that dept. Porzingis seems to have been diligent in improving in other areas. This is the area that could change him from a borderline all-star to a superstar. I hope that registers with KP. Its what separates him from Townes.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
9/2/2017  4:36 PM

His best friend Willy has an arsenal.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GustavBahler

9/2/2017  5:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/2/2017  5:06 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Willy has a very good post game, but still needs a good-mid range, let alone a long range game to describe it that way IMO.

Have to admit, didn't know he was that polished in the paint coming into the league. Did not look that good in Europe, saw more blue collar stuff. Maybe he worked on it over last summer. If thats true, its good to know Willy can elevate his game in the offseason like that. We'll see...

They both have etheir strengths and weaknesses. If they can become an effective defensive tandem, look out. Only one of them has a serious post game right now. Two would be deadly.

EnySpree

9/2/2017  5:59 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

I would like to see him extend his reach and finish at the rim. He's quick so he can use alot of misdirection. Adding that to his step back and cross over moves

KP showed a post game around the foul stripe that looked very good, and tough to defend with his wingspan and height, just needs to move in closer sometimes and roll to the rim.

As I said, an up and under move would be real handy. I will be disappointed if we dont see some progress in that dept. Porzingis seems to have been diligent in improving in other areas. This is the area that could change him from a borderline all-star to a superstar. I hope that registers with KP. Its what separates him from Townes.

Exactly... Dirk is known for his shooting but his ability to finish inside is what turned him into a great player. Kristaps doesn't even have a spin move. A drop step for KP would be unguardable. Basically any move that takes advantage of his height. The perimeter moves are good but the defense can put a small fwd on him. He has to keep his game balanced. He can palm the ball too so there's no excuse to not fully extending on layups. That's what's keeping him from being as good as Anthony Davis. He's almost there though. His camp needs to address this

EnySpree

9/2/2017  6:00 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Willy needs to get nasty. He's too passive. This is his time. I hope the Gasol boys are in his head about that.

GustavBahler

9/2/2017  6:06 PM
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Exactly... Dirk is known for his shooting but his ability to finish inside is what turned him into a great player. Kristaps doesn't even have a spin move. A drop step for KP would be unguardable. Basically any move that takes advantage of his height. The perimeter moves are good but the defense can put a small fwd on him. He has to keep his game balanced. He can palm the ball too so there's no excuse to not fully extending on layups. That's what's keeping him from being as good as Anthony Davis. He's almost there though. His camp needs to address this

Spot on. I believe Dirk started taking it to the rim about a season before they won it all. Took a while for him though, hopefully KP will develop a true post game faster. Dont believe that was a priority for Dirk in the early years, but it really needs to be for KP.

EuroBasket 2017 - KP, Willy and Kuuz

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy