[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ot North Korea
Author Thread
Gudris
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6213

8/11/2017  1:04 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:I am pretty sure if a real war will start and local people will see that they will get support, they will be helping us to fight against this regime.

So this decision making about peoples lives- does it work both ways? Can North Korean citizens decide for you that its better you die that live under a terrible capitalist regime?

wtf is this bs man ? i can travel and live whenever i want, even to N Korea if i want, but they dont have a choice
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Member: #6239

8/11/2017  1:11 PM
People need to read up on Vietnam if they think Americans would really support a war against N. Korea.
smackeddog
Member: #883
8/11/2017  1:23 PM
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:I am pretty sure if a real war will start and local people will see that they will get support, they will be helping us to fight against this regime.

So this decision making about peoples lives- does it work both ways? Can North Korean citizens decide for you that its better you die that live under a terrible capitalist regime?

wtf is this bs man ? i can travel and live whenever i want, even to N Korea if i want, but they dont have a choice

You seemed to give yourself the right to decide for the people in north Korea that its worth killing some of them to 'free' them, how is that 'giving them a choice'? Would you like it if someone else decided it's okay to kill you to free you? (without even asking you) Would you be grateful?

Gudris
Member: #6213

8/11/2017  1:39 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

You seemed to give yourself the right to decide for the people in north Korea that its worth killing some of them to 'free' them, how is that 'giving them a choice'? Would you like it if someone else decided it's okay to kill you to free you? (without even asking you) Would you be grateful?

Go and ask to them, sadly because they dont have internet you have to go to NK yourself :)
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/11/2017  2:03 PM
this is embarrassing to say the least.

this is a pissing contest and trump - the absolute buffoon that he is - has legitimized a non legitimate threat.

and the same folks that were hoodwinked during the election are being hoodwinked again. my god this is embarrasing.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/11/2017  2:18 PM
all distractions from the russia sh t. maybe briggs is a paid agent trying to shift focus?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/11/2017  5:51 PM
Vmart wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:This shyt has been going on for so long that it's a bunch of crap at this point. That part of the world is Nuclear so why all the hoopla. All the nations should have put an end to it a long time ago but they didn't the question is why didn't they.

What do you mean by put an end to it?

Regime change?

Economic sanctions via China?

What I'm saying Martin is this should have never come this far. N. Korea has been trying to be Nuclear capable since the 50s and eventually became Nuclear. Yes there should have been sanctions for China and other countries that were part of N Korea becoming Nuclear.

Another case is Iran and they are headed to become Nuvlear. One thing leaders love is a threat. Sanctions rarely work if a country really wants something they can get what they are looking for.

You can't stop sovereign countries from doing what they are doing unless you are willing to declare war on them. If that is what you are referring to it would be more useless conflict and lives being lost like Iraq and Afghanistan wars. The idea that any country will simply keel over and stop their pursuit of nuclear power if they are inclined to pursue it in the first place is not validated by reason. I agree sanctions don't work, but neither do threats or all out war. N Korea is a tiny nation with minimal resources, they don't have a bargaining chip at the table but they have to compete with other nations for resources, this is quite literally one of the easiest way to get some leverage.

That is precisely what you have to do. Just like USA stopped Japan from having a military force. This is China's to clean up Not USA. If China doesn't want to do it then yes sanctions should be placed on China.

You really think we can slap sanctions on China? N Korea can't retaliate because they can't do anything to us, but China isn't some weak ass impoverished nation. China can retaliate immediately and effectively to being our economy to its knees. Who do you think owns the Lions share of the govt debt? Placing sanctions on China would basically coumpound the problem.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
8/11/2017  6:30 PM
Trump is an unsteady, impulsive, arrogant, confused, uneducated, in-WAY-over-his-head, ignorant child.

You do the math

once a knick always a knick
meloshouldgo

8/11/2017  7:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/11/2017  7:05 PM
misterearl wrote:Trump is an unsteady, impulsive, arrogant, confused, uneducated, in-WAY-over-his-head, ignorant child.

You do the math

Math? Two plus two equals five, for very large values of two!

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/11/2017  7:28 PM
misterearl wrote:Trump is an unsteady, impulsive, arrogant, confused, uneducated, in-WAY-over-his-head, ignorant child.

You do the math

Ah, I think it would be wise for NK to not shoot at Guam. That was a serious direct threat--what do you want Trump to say? If we allow NK to stay on course--theyll be lobbing nukes into the US without remorse in 5 years. Its a problem and maybe we have the President who has the solution.

RIP Crushalot😞
misterearl
USA
8/11/2017  7:51 PM
"I know this is not a very "journalist-y" thing to say, but could we, like, not ask the President any more questions about North Korea?

- Christopher Hates

misterearl
USA
8/11/2017  7:52 PM
"Only someone who hasn't spent ten seconds thinking about military service would make the kinds of statements Trump has about military force."

- Joy M Reid

arkrud
Member: #995
USA
8/11/2017  8:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/11/2017  8:21 PM
misterearl wrote:"Only someone who hasn't spent ten seconds thinking about military service would make the kinds of statements Trump has about military force."

- Joy M Reid

It all looks nice from B2 bomber or Destroyer deck.
The bombs falling slowly and Tomahawks living a nice splash in the air...
...more than 70% targets destroyed and we are continuing the operation...
We are sorry for some reported civilian casualties ...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
meloshouldgo

8/11/2017  8:46 PM
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:I hope Trump is going to kick that idiot ass very soon, dozens of millions of people are living like **** in N Korea, because of that stupid commies regime, it is time to give that people a freedom

Do you actually think trump isn't an idiot?

Why do you get to decide for the people of North Korea that its okay for you to kill them so they can be 'free'? How's that lovely US imposed freedom working out in Iraq?

I was born in USSR, i know how it is to live under commies regime, they really have no choice, they are starving and living like animals, i am pretty sure they secretly bag for somebody to stop that regime.

This is very different situation like in Iraq, they have no internal conflicts, it is best for them to unite again with south korea and enjoy freedom

Here you go, Arkrud's family tree has grown a new twig.

meloshouldgo

8/11/2017  9:00 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:This is a 30 year problem coming to a head.
I'd prefer to talk it down -- I hope they can-- I don't want to see anyone hurt

Suggesting this is Trumps fault is insane. If they don't want to talk and cat budge off their ambitions-- then whatever happens happens.

I'd still try to talk this down if it can be done-- I'm sure we are trying.

I don't think navy seals can do shy here-- this would take unconventional war fair.

I'd play by the isis playbook here-- I'd have 7-10 regular airliners filled with nuclear warheads take flight in normal manner from various sections of the hemispshere -- jam their radars and ram those ****ers dead into their highest military targets

I have no words.

BRIGGS has long held a weird desire to nuke millions of people to death- started with the entire middle east, now its Korea for ****s and giggles.

No I don't. I'd like to have peace. But I've also come to the realization thAt. It's a case of us or them

Why would North Korea attack the US unless they thought the US was going to attack them? This crisis is entirely one of Trumps making, North Korea were never a threat. It's not a case of us or them, its a case of you wanting to kill millions of people because you're paranoid

Exactly this. Brigg's post and the other poster Gurdis show a level of callousness I find really troubling but wholly unsurprising. All the right wing hype, fear mongering and paranoia has completely desensitized them to the value of human life and basic decency.

arkrud
USA
8/11/2017  9:29 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:I hope Trump is going to kick that idiot ass very soon, dozens of millions of people are living like **** in N Korea, because of that stupid commies regime, it is time to give that people a freedom

Do you actually think trump isn't an idiot?

Why do you get to decide for the people of North Korea that its okay for you to kill them so they can be 'free'? How's that lovely US imposed freedom working out in Iraq?

I was born in USSR, i know how it is to live under commies regime, they really have no choice, they are starving and living like animals, i am pretty sure they secretly bag for somebody to stop that regime.

This is very different situation like in Iraq, they have no internal conflicts, it is best for them to unite again with south korea and enjoy freedom

Here you go, Arkrud's family tree has grown a new twig.

It's about 1 million immigrants born in USSR are living in America.
Actually me and him even from the same republic... same as Kristaps is from.
There are many more from other communist countries - China, Cuba, Vietnam, Venezuela, North Korea, Poland, Bulgaria, etc.
We are not going to let it happened here. Never.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
smackeddog
Member: #883
8/12/2017  4:15 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

You do the math

Ah, I think it would be wise for NK to not shoot at Guam. That was a serious direct threat--what do you want Trump to say? If we allow NK to stay on course--theyll be lobbing nukes into the US without remorse in 5 years. Its a problem and maybe we have the President who has the solution.

Why would NK attack the US unless they thought the US would attack them? Why would that make any sense? Kim Jong-Un is supreme leader at the moment- he has the wealth and the power, he can do whatever he likes. Why would he throw all that away to make a futile attack on the US which would lead to the annihilation of him and his country? Look at you're atrocious record of Knicks predictions over the years ("we're going to draft WCS its a done deal" etc)- now you trust your anxiety so much you're willing to mass murder millions of people based on it (and not for the first time). Dictators like him crave nuclear weapons for the status and because they think it will stop their enemies (the US and South Korea) ever attacking them, much the same reasons why the US has nuclear weapons.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/12/2017  6:07 AM
Bring on the nukes. Worlds too populated by human scum
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/12/2017  7:08 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Bring on the nukes. Worlds too populated by human scum

Way to reinforce your point with this post. If you can justify killing thousands of civilian innocents because of their insane leader, then America is ****ed.

arkrud
USA
8/12/2017  9:38 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Bring on the nukes. Worlds too populated by human scum

Way to reinforce your point with this post. If you can justify killing thousands of civilian innocents because of their insane leader, then America is ****ed.

"I do not know. Am I my brother's keeper?"

ot North Korea

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy