[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Princeton Mafia
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/9/2017  11:16 AM
With Mills and craig robinson now onboard, can David Blatt be too far behind?
I have no reason to suspect Hornacek is on the hot seat and last thing we need is another coaching change, but at some point Blatt will get another chance at the NBA and with his two princeton teammates now
execs with the knicks, would he be up next?
http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Sports/Blatt-remaining-patient-as-he-waits-for-another-NBA-opportunity-501945

Robinson is #45, Mills #3, Blatt #30

AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

8/9/2017  3:56 PM
I really hate that the Knicks seem to becoming the gold ol boys network at Princeton - or at least they were int he same social clubs

AND HARRY, JIMMY, TRENT, WHEREVER YOU ARE OUT THERE--

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/9/2017  4:13 PM
Blatt recently said that he hopes to be back in the nba, possibly as soon as next year. He pointed out that no head coaches were replaced this offseason so there were no opportunities. He would make a nice associate head coach in charge of defense. Wish the position was open.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
8/9/2017  4:22 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Blatt recently said that he hopes to be back in the nba, possibly as soon as next year. He pointed out that no head coaches were replaced this offseason so there were no opportunities. He would make a nice associate head coach in charge of defense. Wish the position was open.

I get the desire to lock him in. But wouldn't that pretty much undermine Jeff? Would create a potential dysfunctional situation.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
USA
8/9/2017  4:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Blatt recently said that he hopes to be back in the nba, possibly as soon as next year. He pointed out that no head coaches were replaced this offseason so there were no opportunities. He would make a nice associate head coach in charge of defense. Wish the position was open.

LIke when Isiah's homey from college, Mike Woodson was hired to "help" MDA with defense?
Blatt could have had that gig but waited and got one in Cleveland. He was hired to rebuild a young team. Then Lebron came home.
Changed it all.
Blatt still has cred, but head coach cred.
Given the nature Mills and Robinson it would not be cool to hire Blatt and disrespect Jeff. Jeff has earned that.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/9/2017  5:30 PM
Nalod wrote:

LIke when Isiah's homey from college, Mike Woodson was hired to "help" MDA with defense?
Blatt could have had that gig but waited and got one in Cleveland. He was hired to rebuild a young team. Then Lebron came home.
Changed it all.
Blatt still has cred, but head coach cred.
Given the nature Mills and Robinson it would not be cool to hire Blatt and disrespect Jeff. Jeff has earned that.

I was joking about being associate head coach and yes I was relating it'll Dantoni's lake duck year when Grunwald brought in his college buddy as associate head coach. What I do think needs to be done is a Rambis cleanse. I don't think he should be in the locker room after last year. I think Jeff already will need to work hard to overcome the animosity from last year. I think Rambis on the bench makes that much harder. Whether you go with Rosen saying he struggles to relate to modern day players or Woj saying players hate him, I don't think he brings enough to an assistant'd position to justify keeping him on a team trying to recover from locker room troubles.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/9/2017  5:41 PM
Pass on Blatt. Enough fing Princeton guys. Hope Jeff shows enough to be kept on.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/10/2017  8:32 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Pass on Blatt. Enough fing Princeton guys. Hope Jeff shows enough to be kept on.

What's the issue with Princeton?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GustavBahler

8/10/2017  9:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/10/2017  9:36 AM
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Pass on Blatt. Enough fing Princeton guys. Hope Jeff shows enough to be kept on.

Dont believe that the best way to bring this franchise back is for Mills to hire all his old school buddies. Should be looking for the best people he can find. They don't all come from Princeton . Comfort level always seems to be the biggest driver in franchise decisions, over everything else.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

8/10/2017  10:20 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

I get the desire to lock him in. But wouldn't that pretty much undermine Jeff? Would create a potential dysfunctional situation.

I am willing to bet Blatt is our head coach next year. I think this teams wins ~33 games. Horny will be the sacrificial lamb, but almost by design... next year's draft is very good. Mills finally gets to pick his guy and his guy is going to be his buddy Blatt

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
USA
8/10/2017  10:34 AM
Perry is not from Princeton. THat was a big hire.
Blatt did get a courtesy sit down with PHil. Maybe assistant was disscused at the time. WHo knows.
As for bringing in guys you can trust, its called building a culture. THis is Mills putting together his own Tree.
He only has hired just one guy, Robinson! Two guys does not make for "Mafia".
I think 33 wins Jeff stays. If the team dysfunctions and does not respond to Jeff, then perhaps.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

8/10/2017  11:41 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I am willing to bet Blatt is our head coach next year. I think this teams wins ~33 games. Horny will be the sacrificial lamb, but almost by design... next year's draft is very good. Mills finally gets to pick his guy and his guy is going to be his buddy Blatt

I agree on Blatt next year and I would NOT be shocked if we had a very late summer firing of Horny with Blatt coming on board for this season.

That said I think Blatt most likely next season but if you believe this guy is perfect for young guys like KP/Willy/Frank I'd hate to waste a season with Horny potentially adding to bad habits.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

8/10/2017  11:42 AM

I found the timing of those Blatt comments a tad odd --- wondering if something could be in the works for Knicks for this season.

GustavBahler

8/10/2017  11:55 AM
Last time Hornacek got a chance to coach without being in the middle of a beef between players amd mgmt. Some bad roster moves as well, he was runner up for coach of the year, to Pops.

KP seems to have put their disagreements in the past and has bought in. Hornacek said that he wants KP to be the man now. I wouldn't write off Jeff just yet.

Nalod
USA
8/10/2017  1:33 PM
Blatt is fulfilling his contract in Turkey and had a nice offer to coach again in Isreal.
I got the sense from the article that perhaps next year he would entertain offers.

Given that Blatt did sit down with phil and it was pretty well known that PHil would not stay past 5 years it was given that eventually Mills is the man, so if PHil wanted him he could have hired him last summer.
I seriously doubt Jeff would get fired "Late Summer"based on what I read. THere are assistant coaches to be considered and given the turmoil of the last year, the year before that and how many coach we have gone thru its really not a good thing. Jeff has two years left on his contract. I see no reason to even consider a change until he is given a chance and by all accounts he is very much in the loop.

Its equally as important that Perry and Jeff hit it off, and for that matter Perry and Blatt would have to as well. Perry might have his own guy in mind for all we know.

Nalod
USA
8/16/2017  7:32 AM
Isola can at least thank me for the idea!LOL
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/make-or-break-season-knicks-coach-david-blatt-looming-article-1.3414340[/
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

8/16/2017  7:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/16/2017  7:47 AM
I think Hornaceck can be a fine coach but we have to continue to upgrade our guards and wings. The PG situation here is an abomination. Think about how much better this team could be if we had the Noah and Baker money to spend on a starting PG or SF. Thats a 22 million dollar a year player
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
EnySpree

8/16/2017  10:15 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Dont believe that the best way to bring this franchise back is for Mills to hire all his old school buddies. Should be looking for the best people he can find. They don't all come from Princeton . Comfort level always seems to be the biggest driver in franchise decisions, over everything else.

But all his boys are successful. I don't mind him hiring his guys if they all are competent in what they do. All of the guys being hired are respected guys around the nba

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

8/16/2017  10:17 AM
Jmpasq wrote:I think Hornaceck can be a fine coach but we have to continue to upgrade our guards and wings. The PG situation here is an abomination. Think about how much better this team could be if we had the Noah and Baker money to spend on a starting PG or SF. Thats a 22 million dollar a year player

We had worse point guards... The Sessions, Baker and Frank trio is hardly an abomination.

GustavBahler

8/16/2017  10:33 AM
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

But all his boys are successful. I don't mind him hiring his guys if they all are competent in what they do. All of the guys being hired are respected guys around the nba

The problem with hiring your buddies, is possibly having to fire your buddies. Mills hasn't shown an aptitude for giving someone who isnt performing, the hook. Thats why the front office has until recently been pretty much cemented in place. Yes, I know Dolan plays a part, and Mills played his as well.

As for Blatt, I know he's a smart guy, but he has that Phil Jackson arrogance about him. Problem is, he doesn't have a Tex Winter to keep him in check. Blatt came in thinking he already knew everything. He tried to argue that his championships in Europe were on par with an NBA chmpionship. He coached like someone who was still playing in Europe, not factoring in the length of an NBA game, basic rules. For all his talk, Blatt didn't do his homework.

Blatt got the Cavs off to a great start, but the playoffs are another animal. Lots of good regular season coaches out there. He definitely deserved a ring for his part, but Blatt getting the job knowing that his old buddy Mills will be there to enable him, doesnt really sit well with me. Sounds familiar...

The Princeton Mafia

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy