[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks close to signing Michael Beasley
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

9/19/2017  11:17 PM
Never a big fan of Beasley...but you can always hope a player comes into his own at some point, or finds a system they can excel in.

As an instant offense guy for those times when our offense is sputtering, he might have value, but as some have pointed out, his team D awareness is lacking. Just hoping that he sees the light and puts in the time and effort to work on his team D.

Reminds me a lot of Anthony at times as an offensive player...good isolation guy, not a lot of movement. Will be interesting to see how Hornacek uses him. You have to like him as a wildcard on offense, but you wonder if he can fit into a successful movement offense.

Some of you guys might know his recent play better than I do...just hope he can find a home here, and maybe become the player some thought he could be when he was drafted.

We will see.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
9/19/2017  11:20 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Dude looks to be in fantastic shape

The guy seems very motivated. Hoping the Knicks found a sleeper.

I'm heartened by Beasley's TS of 58.4%! He could be a legit 6th man.

How do you complain about others being lazy and not defending (cough cough!! amare, melo) then advocate for another guy who's even worse at defending?

A lot of you do that.

You can accept a one dimensional player like beasly, but for those like, melo a 4.0 beasly, you want much more, instead of accepting him for what he is.

His role is a scorer, not a leader, not a passer, not a defender, yeah he can contribute all of that, but that was never the primary reason you hire a dude like that. Just like you don't hire beasly to guard PG13, labron, leonard, the greek.

Not everyone can multi task, and I have accepted that about a lot of players the knicks have brought in, they just never seem to compliment those players to offset.

They're paying Beasley what a one dimensional role player should make. Also, with or without Melo we've lost a fair amount of points per game without Rose so we need somebody who can move the needle offensively since we've kinda focused on defensive players this offseason.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

9/20/2017  10:02 AM
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Great quotes from Beasely.
“If Tim Hardaway Jr., Carmelo Anthony, Kristaps Porzingis and myself — those are four guys that can score 25 points per game. Then you add in Lance Thomas, Kyle O’Quinn and Joakim Noah, let’s not forget about that All-Star,” Beasley said. “Whatever happened last year is what happened. But I’m here now and I’m going to do everything I can to get everyone on the same page even if that page is beating me up every day in practice. Whatever I have to do to get us to come together on the floor is what I’m going to do. Do I see us better than a 30-win team in Vegas? Listen, I don’t even go to Vegas. So yeah I do. I think we’ve got a position to be not only a playoff team but a five-, six-seed team if we do it right.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/confident-michael-beasley-knicks-no-5-no-6-east-article-1.3506515
He also mentioned if given the minutes he still feels he could be an all star. And Rose thought we would be a super team last year. Seeing is believing but yea man, I do share in ANY optimism that can plough through the noise of Briggs trying to explain that its not him being racist, its the blacks that fault being bad people. We need optimism.

Ah fishmike--If you want to lie go ahead--give me a break. Im not going to get into back and forth

Its stupid even to debate this. The majority Of white people--Asians Europeans are scared of the inner cities--period. No discussion --everyone knows it. You want to BS--thats fine. I never said white people are scared of black people--that is Knickstime taking my words and changing them again. I said inner city AA. White people are NOT safe in the inner city projects--no way--no how. Its just truth and it really needs no discussion. How to fix this issue--it will take a LONG period of time but it has to come from all parties.

Lie.

Knickoftime wrote:So there isn't any racism. The big problem is black people are complainers, hateful, violent and scary, and they're on their own to "fix" it.

Got it.

BRIGGS wrote:Yes Knicks--I think AA need to curb propensity towards violence as a whole--its embedded on TV every single night. You want straight talk and discourse or just complain ? You want problem to start getting solved--then you have to hear from both sides. You think you are dead right that Im a racist and so is every white guy right? AA for the most part have great hatred towards whites? and on the other hand white people along with Asian and European are fearful of AA. So we need to do something about that--we need change. Again you just have a self righteous view. You are seeing one side. If AA feels slighted form racism today--can you explain how that is today? How exactly did racism effect your life? A white guy do something to you? A Chinese guy do something bad to you? Dont tell me about 19060 tell me about 2017. I see AA President and every other position. A great deal of fairness exist. People from 1960 must laugh at people today talking about racism--they experienced it--you dont.

SMDH! These statements tell us all we need to know.

back to basketball guys, thanks.

Not a fan of the lying.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/20/2017  11:11 AM
Zebo13 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Dude looks to be in fantastic shape

The guy seems very motivated. Hoping the Knicks found a sleeper.

I'm heartened by Beasley's TS of 58.4%! He could be a legit 6th man.

How do you complain about others being lazy and not defending (cough cough!! amare, melo) then advocate for another guy who's even worse at defending?

A lot of you do that.

You can accept a one dimensional player like beasly, but for those like, melo a 4.0 beasly, you want much more, instead of accepting him for what he is.

His role is a scorer, not a leader, not a passer, not a defender, yeah he can contribute all of that, but that was never the primary reason you hire a dude like that. Just like you don't hire beasly to guard PG13, labron, leonard, the greek.

Not everyone can multi task, and I have accepted that about a lot of players the knicks have brought in, they just never seem to compliment those players to offset.

They're paying Beasley what a one dimensional role player should make. Also, with or without Melo we've lost a fair amount of points per game without Rose so we need somebody who can move the needle offensively since we've kinda focused on defensive players this offseason.

exactly.. knicks1248 misses those not too subtle differences. Its one thing to complain about building around team around max level guys who dont defend. Its another to be happy about having a bench scorer who's making NBA minimum wage. Ironically knicks1248 was a big Rose fan and wanted him back. So who knows.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/20/2017  11:28 AM
I like it when guys talk their **** but you have to back it up. that's the problem with opening your mouth. Beasley has as incredible opportunity here. He can really reinvent himself or simply realize his full potential. We're gonna find out really fast. He's in top shape right now entering training camp. That shows me that he is well aware of his opportunities. Exciting **** man. Everyone loves a good story.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knickoftime

9/20/2017  11:33 AM
EnySpree wrote:I like it when guys talk their **** but you have to back it up. that's the problem with opening your mouth. Beasley has as incredible opportunity here. He can really reinvent himself or simply realize his full potential. We're gonna find out really fast. He's in top shape right now entering training camp. That shows me that he is well aware of his opportunities. Exciting **** man. Everyone loves a good story.

I could be wrong, but the instances of a player reinventing himself as a defensive player are likely rare if nonexistent.

EnySpree

9/20/2017  11:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/20/2017  11:40 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I like it when guys talk their **** but you have to back it up. that's the problem with opening your mouth. Beasley has as incredible opportunity here. He can really reinvent himself or simply realize his full potential. We're gonna find out really fast. He's in top shape right now entering training camp. That shows me that he is well aware of his opportunities. Exciting **** man. Everyone loves a good story.

I could be wrong, but the instances of a player reinventing himself as a defensive player are likely rare if nonexistent.

You added that. I didn't say he was going to turn into a defensive player.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/20/2017  11:42 AM
Knickoftime wrote:

Definitely not nonexistent, Bruce Bowen comes to mind

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knickoftime

9/20/2017  11:44 AM
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Was Bowen awful defensively once?

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/20/2017  11:58 AM
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Bruce Bowen can be a good example of a player who at 29-30 years old took his game from C to A. I like Beasley he has a lot of talent hes got great size and could easily avg 18-20 points a game if given 30-35 minutes. The whole gig is he going to give you the plus minus game that makes teams win? From what I watched last year--I do NOT in any way think Beasley is a defensive sieve--if anything he played WELL defensively last year AND he has lost 20 pounds. This is HIS time and I think we walked into this player(IF he can stay healthy) that can be a god send of a help to this team for 1mm $. It can take one really good player and the right scheme to change a 30 win team into a 45 win team. At this point Id rather keep Carmelo as a sixth man--start Beasley and try to win. The one BIG think we lack is a player who can make plays with the basketball --but we have firepower and more size and length on defense. The Knicks will have to win this year using waves of depth where the play dOES NOT fall off--hence why I like Carmelo at 6th man and bringing Willy off as well. Let KP be the main man and give Beasley the shot to start PF. BUt I do think Beasley is potentially a gold mine for this club.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

9/20/2017  12:06 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Bruce Bowen can be a good example of a player who at 29-30 years old took his game from C to A. I like Beasley he has a lot of talent hes got great size and could easily avg 18-20 points a game if given 30-35 minutes. The whole gig is he going to give you the plus minus game that makes teams win? From what I watched last year--I do NOT in any way think Beasley is a defensive sieve--if anything he played WELL defensively last year AND he has lost 20 pounds. This is HIS time and I think we walked into this player(IF he can stay healthy) that can be a god send of a help to this team for 1mm $. It can take one really good player and the right scheme to change a 30 win team into a 45 win team. At this point Id rather keep Carmelo as a sixth man--start Beasley and try to win. The one BIG think we lack is a player who can make plays with the basketball --but we have firepower and more size and length on defense. The Knicks will have to win this year using waves of depth where the play dOES NOT fall off--hence why I like Carmelo at 6th man and bringing Willy off as well. Let KP be the main man and give Beasley the shot to start PF. BUt I do think Beasley is potentially a gold mine for this club.

Still curious as to why you called the Knicks a 25-win team at best because of their point guard situation.

Still curious as to why you won't answer this question?

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/20/2017  12:13 PM
Hey look... its Briggs suggesting Melo should be a 6th man.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/20/2017  12:14 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

definitely reinvented himself as a defensive player

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knickoftime

9/20/2017  12:21 PM
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

definitely reinvented himself as a defensive player

Yes, fair enough. To be more specific I meant a player that was awful defensively who flipped the script. I saw enough of Stoudemire first hand to know his lack of defense wasn't effort, his awareness was just subpar. He just didn't process movement so we could anticipate moving himself to the right spot. His reaction time was a step slower than everyone else.

From what I've READ about Beasley he seems to have the same issue. He just can't read, interpret and anticipate movement.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/20/2017  1:24 PM

Beas is a sleeper!!!

Lets be real, when has an NBA player that has not fulfilled his draft status not said good things. Derrick Williams, ROse, ANthony Rudolph....Etc.

Here is the truth:

"Shyt, I played in freaking china last year, Im grateful for the opportunity to get minutes with a bad team and prove my game is still with me and maybe earn some damn money going forward! Yeah, Rambis was very instrumental in me being here. He feels guilty as hell for job he did an screwed me over!!! Dude was awful in Minny and we punked him every night!! We were young and stupid. Now we just stupid! Put me on the bench and let me do my thing!!!. NYC, this is gonna be a great party this year!!!"

The kid has talent, and he says all the right things just like a whole long list of former lotto players. We even had Darko here!! At least he was honest that he was just here for money and lacked heart.

I root for his knick success!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/21/2017  9:47 AM
I like Beasley's enthusiasm since joining the team. Hope it stays when the Knicks hit a rough patch. We will need that positive attitude.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/21/2017  12:16 PM
I will say again that Beasley has a better TS% and DRating than Melo. 58.4% vs 53.5% for Melo. DRating of 109 vs 113 for Melo. IMO there's a very legit chance Beasley can be a good addition to this team. If he's motivated and BUYS IN. This is a great opportunity for him to carve out a bigger role.
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/21/2017  2:13 PM
GustavBahler wrote:I like Beasley's enthusiasm since joining the team. Hope it stays when the Knicks hit a rough patch. We will need that positive attitude.

STEVEN A is suggesting BEASLY is still puffing the MAGIC DRAGON

ES
EnySpree

9/21/2017  2:48 PM
nixluva wrote:I will say again that Beasley has a better TS% and DRating than Melo. 58.4% vs 53.5% for Melo. DRating of 109 vs 113 for Melo. IMO there's a very legit chance Beasley can be a good addition to this team. If he's motivated and BUYS IN. This is a great opportunity for him to carve out a bigger role.

He was overweight the last few years. Man he looks great now. He's ripped. Face is sunken in

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/21/2017  3:06 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I like Beasley's enthusiasm since joining the team. Hope it stays when the Knicks hit a rough patch. We will need that positive attitude.

STEVEN A is suggesting BEASLY is still puffing the MAGIC DRAGON

STEVEN A is not a fan of lite drugs... his TV style requires much stronger stuff...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knicks close to signing Michael Beasley

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy