9/19/2017  1:19 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

9/19/2017  1:30 PM
EnySpree wrote:Dude looks to be in fantastic shape

Guy is talented. Always liked him. Only real weakness is his inability to stay fully engaged the whole game. But like the signing and think he will be good for us.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/19/2017  2:06 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Guy is talented. Always liked him. Only real weakness is his inability to stay fully engaged the whole game. But like the signing and think he will be good for us.

The difference between Melo and Beasley is opportunity.... Beasley also isn't an Alpha personality. Melo is going to get his decisively. Beasley will get his at his own pace. I believe experience has made him more aware of that problem.

To compare, Beasley is the forward version of Jimmer Fredette. Jimmer can average 20pts in the NBA, but he's not going to look at a teammate once. Shots are going up. like i said i believe Beasley figured the team game out. Let's hope at least

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/19/2017  2:28 PM
Beasley is a role player. A really good one. If you are able to unleash him off your bench for 20 minutes a night he's a nice asset. Its when you lean on him for more and ask more when the trouble starts. His man 2 man isnt bad. He just has no clue in the team concept. He's gonna lose his guy, not know when to help, hack... all the stuff dopey defenders do.

I like the signing and have hopes he fits in and resigns. It would be a real coup to add a scorer of his talent. I think any team that can coach him right and get him to buy into a limited scoring role he's a real asset to any team

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
9/19/2017  4:43 PM
Great quotes from Beasely.
“If Tim Hardaway Jr., Carmelo Anthony, Kristaps Porzingis and myself — those are four guys that can score 25 points per game. Then you add in Lance Thomas, Kyle O’Quinn and Joakim Noah, let’s not forget about that All-Star,” Beasley said. “Whatever happened last year is what happened. But I’m here now and I’m going to do everything I can to get everyone on the same page even if that page is beating me up every day in practice. Whatever I have to do to get us to come together on the floor is what I’m going to do. Do I see us better than a 30-win team in Vegas? Listen, I don’t even go to Vegas. So yeah I do. I think we’ve got a position to be not only a playoff team but a five-, six-seed team if we do it right.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/confident-michael-beasley-knicks-no-5-no-6-east-article-1.3506515
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
USA
9/19/2017  4:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Great quotes from Beasely.
“If Tim Hardaway Jr., Carmelo Anthony, Kristaps Porzingis and myself — those are four guys that can score 25 points per game. Then you add in Lance Thomas, Kyle O’Quinn and Joakim Noah, let’s not forget about that All-Star,” Beasley said. “Whatever happened last year is what happened. But I’m here now and I’m going to do everything I can to get everyone on the same page even if that page is beating me up every day in practice. Whatever I have to do to get us to come together on the floor is what I’m going to do. Do I see us better than a 30-win team in Vegas? Listen, I don’t even go to Vegas. So yeah I do. I think we’ve got a position to be not only a playoff team but a five-, six-seed team if we do it right.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/confident-michael-beasley-knicks-no-5-no-6-east-article-1.3506515
He also mentioned if given the minutes he still feels he could be an all star. And Rose thought we would be a super team last year. Seeing is believing but yea man, I do share in ANY optimism that can plough through the noise of Briggs trying to explain that its not him being racist, its the blacks that fault being bad people. We need optimism.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/19/2017  5:34 PM

The guy seems very motivated. Hoping the Knicks found a sleeper.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/19/2017  6:42 PM
fishmike wrote:
He also mentioned if given the minutes he still feels he could be an all star. And Rose thought we would be a super team last year. Seeing is believing but yea man, I do share in ANY optimism that can plough through the noise of Briggs trying to explain that its not him being racist, its the blacks that fault being bad people. We need optimism.

did he really say that?

ES
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/19/2017  7:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I'm heartened by Beasley's TS of 58.4%! He could be a legit 6th man.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/19/2017  7:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/19/2017  8:15 PM
fishmike wrote:

Ah fishmike--If you want to lie go ahead--give me a break. Im not going to get into back and forth

Its stupid even to debate this. The majority Of white people--Asians Europeans are scared of the inner cities--period. No discussion --everyone knows it. You want to BS--thats fine. I never said white people are scared of black people--that is Knickstime taking my words and changing them again. I said inner city AA. White people are NOT safe in the inner city projects--no way--no how. Its just truth and it really needs no discussion. How to fix this issue--it will take a LONG period of time but it has to come from all parties.

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
9/19/2017  8:15 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Ah fishmike--If you want to lie go ahead--give me a break. Im not going to get into back and forth

its only back for you man... there is no forth, but yea... a little tongue and cheek to lighten up the mood. Get it Briggs? Lighten?

CrushAlot.. I 100% agree we need a sleeper and Beaz sure as hell has the talent. This happens regularly.. A takes some time but it clicks. Billups was traded 3x and I think played for 4 teams in his first 4 years. Maybe with the FO finally doing some right things they will get a little luck as well. Maybe having Timmy and Beas here is enough to rejuvinate Melo as well. Melo likes KP and vice versa. The ONLY way DADMelo returns is if he's got confidence in the guys around him and suddenly Melo has a couple of his boys in THjr and Beas as well KP. Maybe that gets him having fun again. I am not a Melo hater and the BEST situation is he bounces back, is an impact player and passes the torch after a couple trips to the playoffs, even if they are only round one.

Fingers crossed man. Really looking forward to seeing how things shake out, and even if its not all good we still have the development of the younger guys.

Gudris
Member: #6213

9/19/2017  8:26 PM
i dont know, i dont like this guy, seems like another Rose, not a team player
nixluva
USA
9/19/2017  8:27 PM
fishmike wrote:CrushAlot.. I 100% agree we need a sleeper and Beaz sure as hell has the talent. This happens regularly.. A takes some time but it clicks. Billups was traded 3x and I think played for 4 teams in his first 4 years. Maybe with the FO finally doing some right things they will get a little luck as well. Maybe having Timmy and Beas here is enough to rejuvinate Melo as well. Melo likes KP and vice versa. The ONLY way DADMelo returns is if he's got confidence in the guys around him and suddenly Melo has a couple of his boys in THjr and Beas as well KP. Maybe that gets him having fun again. I am not a Melo hater and the BEST situation is he bounces back, is an impact player and passes the torch after a couple trips to the playoffs, even if they are only round one.

Fingers crossed man. Really looking forward to seeing how things shake out, and even if its not all good we still have the development of the younger guys.

I like this take. It's something i've discussed with my sons. This could be a situation where Melo finds that he likes playing with this group. Sure he may have been upset about the Phil stuff and had his mind made up, but things have changed and the vibe is also changing. This looks like a team that will be fun to play with.

We've got KP, Willy and Kuz coming of an exciting Eurobasket. As you mentioned THJ and Beaz are capable scorers. The offense should open up considerably. I even think the quality at guard is more solid top to bottom. Heck a strong start could be inspiring for everyone including Melo. It's going to be interesting to watch.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/19/2017  8:32 PM
Gudris wrote:i dont know, i dont like this guy, seems like another Rose, not a team player

mitigated by the fact that he isn't asked to be a starter or a PG. Just do what he does best, score

nixluva
USA
9/19/2017  8:41 PM
martin wrote:
Gudris wrote:i dont know, i dont like this guy, seems like another Rose, not a team player

mitigated by the fact that he isn't asked to be a starter or a PG. Just do what he does best, score

I really think Beaz could be a good 6th Man for this team. This team lacked scoring off the bench IMO. As I pointed out before dude had a TS of 58.4%. We could most definitely use a guy like that. He's not expected to be perfect but can add some scoring punch we need.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

9/19/2017  9:33 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Its stupid even to debate this. The majority Of white people--Asians Europeans are scared of the inner cities--period. No discussion --everyone knows it. You want to BS--thats fine. I never said white people are scared of black people--that is Knickstime taking my words and changing them again. I said inner city AA. White people are NOT safe in the inner city projects--no way--no how. Its just truth and it really needs no discussion. How to fix this issue--it will take a LONG period of time but it has to come from all parties.

Lie.

Knickoftime wrote:So there isn't any racism. The big problem is black people are complainers, hateful, violent and scary, and they're on their own to "fix" it.

Got it.

BRIGGS wrote:Yes Knicks--I think AA need to curb propensity towards violence as a whole--its embedded on TV every single night. You want straight talk and discourse or just complain ? You want problem to start getting solved--then you have to hear from both sides. You think you are dead right that Im a racist and so is every white guy right? AA for the most part have great hatred towards whites? and on the other hand white people along with Asian and European are fearful of AA. So we need to do something about that--we need change. Again you just have a self righteous view. You are seeing one side. If AA feels slighted form racism today--can you explain how that is today? How exactly did racism effect your life? A white guy do something to you? A Chinese guy do something bad to you? Dont tell me about 19060 tell me about 2017. I see AA President and every other position. A great deal of fairness exist. People from 1960 must laugh at people today talking about racism--they experienced it--you dont.
nixluva
USA
9/19/2017  9:50 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Lie.

Knickoftime wrote:So there isn't any racism. The big problem is black people are complainers, hateful, violent and scary, and they're on their own to "fix" it.

Got it.

BRIGGS wrote:Yes Knicks--I think AA need to curb propensity towards violence as a whole--its embedded on TV every single night. You want straight talk and discourse or just complain ? You want problem to start getting solved--then you have to hear from both sides. You think you are dead right that Im a racist and so is every white guy right? AA for the most part have great hatred towards whites? and on the other hand white people along with Asian and European are fearful of AA. So we need to do something about that--we need change. Again you just have a self righteous view. You are seeing one side. If AA feels slighted form racism today--can you explain how that is today? How exactly did racism effect your life? A white guy do something to you? A Chinese guy do something bad to you? Dont tell me about 19060 tell me about 2017. I see AA President and every other position. A great deal of fairness exist. People from 1960 must laugh at people today talking about racism--they experienced it--you dont.

SMDH! These statements tell us all we need to know.
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/19/2017  9:56 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

How do you complain about others being lazy and not defending (cough cough!! amare, melo) then advocate for another guy who's even worse at defending?

A lot of you do that.

You can accept a one dimensional player like beasly, but for those like, melo a 4.0 beasly, you want much more, instead of accepting him for what he is.

His role is a scorer, not a leader, not a passer, not a defender, yeah he can contribute all of that, but that was never the primary reason you hire a dude like that. Just like you don't hire beasly to guard PG13, labron, leonard, the greek.

Not everyone can multi task, and I have accepted that about a lot of players the knicks have brought in, they just never seem to compliment those players to offset.

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/19/2017  10:01 PM
nixluva wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Lie.

Got it.

SMDH! These statements tell us all we need to know.

back to basketball guys, thanks.

nixluva
USA
9/19/2017  10:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

How do you complain about others being lazy and not defending (cough cough!! amare, melo) then advocate for another guy who's even worse at defending?

A lot of you do that.

You can accept a one dimensional player like beasly, but for those like, melo a 4.0 beasly, you want much more, instead of accepting him for what he is.

His role is a scorer, not a leader, not a passer, not a defender, yeah he can contribute all of that, but that was never the primary reason you hire a dude like that. Just like you don't hire beasly to guard PG13, labron, leonard, the greek.

Not everyone can multi task, and I have accepted that about a lot of players the knicks have brought in, they just never seem to compliment those players to offset.

Beasley is a better defender than Melo! DRating 109 vs Melo 113. Beaz TS% 58.4 vs Melo 53.5. At this point I see Beaz as a good option for this team off the bench or if Melo is traded.

Knicks close to signing Michael Beasley

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy