[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks close to signing Michael Beasley
Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

8/9/2017  6:43 AM
I've never been a fan of Beasley. Always thought he was an overrated, knucklehead dating back to his college days. Maybe he has matured since his early days in the league. We seemed to have had decent success with these type of signings in the past. One year at the vets minimum is not worth me losing sleep over. Hope he can help.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/9/2017  7:11 AM
One year min contract is no risk.
If he goes full "Delonte" on us we just release him.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/9/2017  8:27 AM
Rosen likes the signing.
https://www.fanragsports.com/nba/knicks/rosen-michael-beasley-brings-knicks/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
8/9/2017  8:45 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Knick roster is at 15 plus one two way contract if they sign Beasley.

No room for Sasha. I wonder if they are considering a two way deal for Plumlee.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/9/2017  8:59 AM
Welpee wrote:I've never been a fan of Beasley. Always thought he was an overrated, knucklehead dating back to his college days. Maybe he has matured since his early days in the league. We seemed to have had decent success with these type of signings in the past. One year at the vets minimum is not worth me losing sleep over. Hope he can help.

we have? like who

ES
Gudris
Member: #6213

8/9/2017  9:17 AM
Markji wrote:I'm all for having Beasley and giving him a chance. My question is: If, according to articles, Beasley has turned his life around off the court; been a good locker room influence; and provides good scoring power off of the bench; why hasn't he stuck with some of the other teams he has played for?? Last year Milwaukee.?? And why hasn't a contender signed him. Yeah, poor defense. But strong scoring off of the bench is needed by almost every team.

Maybe he have problems with coaches or managmenent
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/9/2017  12:24 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Rosen likes the signing.

very fair take on Beasley, esp for vet min on 1 year try

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/9/2017  12:44 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Rosen likes the signing.

Beasley needs a good PG to get him the ball where he likes it. Glad the roster has some pass first PGs. Rose would have been a disaster.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/9/2017  2:08 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Welpee wrote:I've never been a fan of Beasley. Always thought he was an overrated, knucklehead dating back to his college days. Maybe he has matured since his early days in the league. We seemed to have had decent success with these type of signings in the past. One year at the vets minimum is not worth me losing sleep over. Hope he can help.

we have? like who

Derrick Williams #1... we've also got allot of production out of undrafted guys and trade throw ins. So shhhhh

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

8/9/2017  2:32 PM
Nalod wrote:One year min contract is no risk.
If he goes full "Delonte" on us we just release him.

What did he actually do wrong other than being lazy?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

8/9/2017  4:05 PM

Ideal scenario, Beasley gives enough decent burn to give someone like Dotson enough time to get a little development. While upping some limited trade value, maybe, HUGE MAYBE, Beasley can be traded at the deadline for something like a low 2nd round pick. Or a Euro Stash player. Opening up the minutes for a guy like Dotson, who needs some seasoning.

Average scenario, he helps a little, hurts a little, doesn't move the needle at all for anything, is just a warm body. Frats would call this a "slump buster"

Worst scenario, he's injured and a locker room idiot, then gets cut. Wasting everyone's MFing time.

In any of these, there is no long term commitment, there is no pressure to play him because of his contract ( THJr might not be so immune to this...) and he's entirely disposable.

The downside might occur if he starts to eat minutes while not moving the needle in lieu of someone like Dotson, who might be able to handle a little more burn otherwise.

It's low risk/low reward. But sometimes a team needs a few of these sprinkled into the mix. He could surprise, but odds are, he's exactly what he's proven to be.

PresIke
Member: #33
USA
8/9/2017  4:15 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Awesome move --I wrote about this last year. His defense was so much better last year and he was playing awesome before he got hurt. New SF

Immediately thought...one of your all time draft favs as I recall haha

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

8/9/2017  4:23 PM
I think Beasley is a classic case of leaving college to early . Not talent wise but mental maturity wise he just wasn't ready to be all he could be as a adult . He could have used another season or two in college I doubt it would have hurt his draft stock he was a beast in college I don't think that would have changed with a few more years..

His game really reminds me of another super talent who never reached his full potential. Derrick Coleman .

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

8/9/2017  4:33 PM

Just to compare

knicks1248
Member: #582
8/9/2017  4:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/9/2017  4:37 PM
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

we have? like who

Derrick Williams #1... we've also got allot of production out of undrafted guys and trade throw ins. So shhhhh

oh yeah, D will, the guy we let walk and didn't think twice about calling him back, he was such a great success story for the lottery bond roster he was on...yess, lance, a throw in during the jr and shump trade, I love his story too, averaging about 48 games per season, his impact has been golden, can't forget sahsa, he was the best bench player money could buy, and pony tail man admundson, I was crushed when we didn't bring him back, probably why we didn't make the playoffs..

did I miss anyone, help me out here?

but on a serious note, I do like the beasly signing

ES
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
8/10/2017  5:36 AM
fitzfarm wrote:I think Beasley is a classic case of leaving college to early . Not talent wise but mental maturity wise he just wasn't ready to be all he could be as a adult . He could have used another season or two in college I doubt it would have hurt his draft stock he was a beast in college I don't think that would have changed with a few more years..

His game really reminds me of another super talent who never reached his full potential. Derrick Coleman .

I think DC gets unfairly slogged. Not an ideal comparison for Beasley.

Coleman was a 23 year old rookie. He had a few 20ppg/11rpg seasons, all-star, dream teamer, played on many playoff teams.

He had problems with irregular heartbeat in the heart of his career, limiting his upside. Not a hall of gamer, but really nice career over 15 seasons.

Beasley, while listed at 6'10", looks much smaller than that and is a bit of a tweeter forward. His rebounding didn't translate to the NBA. I'd sooner compare him to Tim Thomas - player who looked like an athlete with lots of skills but never put it all together. (But I'd say TT still was better than what MB has shown)

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Ira
Member: #91
8/10/2017  3:00 PM
If he's playing well, we may get a useful asset for him at the trade deadline.
CrushAlot
USA
9/15/2017  8:55 PM
CrushAlot
USA
9/15/2017  8:58 PM
EnySpree

9/15/2017  11:12 PM
Dude looks to be in fantastic shape
Knicks close to signing Michael Beasley

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy