he better have game like the contract indicates
ES
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/7/2017  7:48 PM
knicks1248 wrote:he better have game like the contract indicates

What would that be? He's paid much less than an average player.
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

8/7/2017  10:12 PM
yeah we all know you hate baker
blkexec
Member: #748
8/7/2017  11:17 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:

His defensive energy and diversity out performs the average player.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Bonn1997
USA
8/8/2017  5:59 AM
blkexec wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Agreed. We have to hope that his horrible shooting was just due to such a small sample of shots though.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/8/2017  9:06 AM
blkexec wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Weird to me that when judging player most look at PPG or FG% first and totally ignore defense and defensive potential of a player. Clearly Baker did not shoot/score well but he played some stout D.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/8/2017  10:24 AM
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Weird to me that when judging player most look at PPG or FG% first and totally ignore defense and defensive potential of a player. Clearly Baker did not shoot/score well but he played some stout D.

Dude the game is about the 3 ball, he does play respectable defense, and he hustles(like most d leaguers trying to make the cut)but the game is all about the offense, an area he's really bad in.

ES
reub
Member: #6227

8/8/2017  10:27 AM

His contract is equal to less than 5% of our cap space. What are you talking about?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/8/2017  10:30 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Dude the game is about the 3 ball, he does play respectable defense, and he hustles(like most d leaguers trying to make the cut)but the game is all about the offense, an area he's really bad in.

You say the weirdest things some times, focusing in on pointless points. Baker a rookie and we judge him as such.

Would you rather have a PG who manages team and thinks pass first while playing decent D or a PG who only puts up flashy points and doesn't play D?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bonn1997
USA
8/8/2017  11:00 AM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

You say the weirdest things some times, focusing in on pointless points. Baker a rookie and we judge him as such.

Would you rather have a PG who manages team and thinks pass first while playing decent D or a PG who only puts up flashy points and doesn't play D?

I think we know the answer to your question.
knicks1248
8/8/2017  11:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/8/2017  11:31 AM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

what happen to "WE NEED TWO WAY PLAYERS" now were making exceptions

and why would you make my comments into a negative. I'm simple stating his ass needs to get better offensively, you know it, I know it, he knows it, and every knick fan on the plant it knows it.

He is getting top 5 "over all pick money" in fact, him and kp will be making damn near the exact same amount next season

ES
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

8/8/2017  11:32 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Ron is a premium defender in this league and he's one of the few on the team that can effectively defend the three ball the biggest part of the ***** chucking league .

If he can effect his opponents three point shot the majority of the time he gives his team a better chance to win ... yes this is a offensive league but defense is bigger then people realize defense wins chips look at gsw they were a top defensive team and have a stout defender in green.

Also bakers three point numbers were a fluke last year he's been a decent three point shooter through out his college career.

With the way this kid works harder then most NBA players you better believe his three point shot gets back to the 36-40 % range...

For all the haters I hate to break it to you but Ron is going to play a huge role on this team don't be surprised if he starts over frank .

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
8/8/2017  11:34 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

wrong as usual. Go look at where the top teams in the league (starting with the Warriors) rank defensively and come back to me.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
USA
8/8/2017  11:36 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

what happen to "WE NEED TWO WAY PLAYERS" now were making exceptions

and why would you make my comments into a negative. I'm simple stating his ass needs to get better offensively, you know it, I know it, he knows it, and every knick fan on the plant it knows it.

He is getting top 5 "over all pick money" in fact, him and kp will be making damn near the exact same amount next season

KP is on a rookie contract. So his salary is ridiculously low compared to what he brings. We don't have an unlimited number of 1st round picks. We can't just sign anyone we want to that kind of contract. You know all this already.
We don't know whether Baker is a 1 way (strong defense) or 2 way player. The only thing badly missing from his offense last season was 3 point shooting. And if he had made about 6 more 3s for the entire season, his 3 point shooting percentage would look OK too. Clearly the Knicks realized you can't judge a player from a grand total of 200 shots, especially the first 200 of his career. Put it this way, that would be about 2 weeks of shots for Carmelo. I'm sure he's had 2 week stretches where he shot like 35% and where he shot like 55%.
Bonn1997
USA
8/8/2017  11:37 AM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

wrong as usual. Go look at where the top teams in the league (starting with the Warriors) rank defensively and come back to me.

It doesn't even make sense. He says the game is about 3 ball. Then clearly how well you defend the other team's 3 point shots matters.
bernard
Member: #475
8/8/2017  11:54 AM
My only problem with the Baker deal is that the 2nd year is a player option. I'm hopeful and think there's a good chance that he becomes a solid rotation player this year. As others have said, his defense, hustle and toughness are all things that won't go away. And there's a lot to suggest his shooting will improve (solid mechanics, in college shot FT's at 80%, 3's at 37%). If it goes well, hate to think we missed the opportunity to lock him up for at least one more year.
knicks1248
8/8/2017  11:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/8/2017  12:00 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

so your telling me knowing what you know about baker now, you would have drafted him 5th overall last yr, you would have taken him over jamal murry, kriss dunn, denzel valentine, buddy hield, who all making less then baker.

ES
Bonn1997
USA
8/8/2017  12:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

so your telling me knowing what you know about baker now, you would have drafted him 5th overall last yr, you would have taken him over jamal murry, kriss dunn, denzel valentine, buddy hield, who all making less then baker.

So you won't sign any FA to a $4 mil contract unless they outperform top lottery picks? You're trying too hard to knock his contract.
knicks1248
8/8/2017  12:06 PM
bernard wrote:My only problem with the Baker deal is that the 2nd year is a player option. I'm hopeful and think there's a good chance that he becomes a solid rotation player this year. As others have said, his defense, hustle and toughness are all things that won't go away. And there's a lot to suggest his shooting will improve (solid mechanics, in college shot FT's at 80%, 3's at 37%). If it goes well, hate to think we missed the opportunity to lock him up for at least one more year.

that's another crazy thing, if he turns out to have a really good yr, it will prove to be one of the dumbest deals ever..what happen to a team option

ES
Knicks Sign Baker too, he got the big table

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy