[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I might be in minority but I like Willy g
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

8/7/2017  8:13 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Paris907 wrote:Wily is gonna be the real deal. I'm in minority but I see him border All Star in 3 years. Super rebounder and scoring 18-19ppg. Defensively sound as well. Poor mans Mark Gasol.

He definitely has that potential. I'm with Briggs in the sense that I think right now Willy has a more positive impact on the game. KP is still an important player with a positive impact but Willy's already very good at what he specializes at and doesn't shoot some of the bad shots KP does. If Willy was on another team, I wouldn't trade KP to get him though.
But Willy is a legit all NBA Rookie team, which makes him like a top 5 lottery pick or at least playing at the level of a top 5 player from the draft. There's nothing wrong with having a more favorable view right now him than KP. He's earned it.

KP has some bad habits on offense. He needs to be the Knicks primary post threat. Its insane to have a player that is 7'3" spending the time he does on the perimeter. Its a great skill to have, but without the post game to go with it, he will be stuck in inefficiency. Look at Towns the guy has the inside and outside game, thats a unicorn. KP should be shooting at 50% anything less is Demarcus COusins esque

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/7/2017  9:12 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Paris907 wrote:Wily is gonna be the real deal. I'm in minority but I see him border All Star in 3 years. Super rebounder and scoring 18-19ppg. Defensively sound as well. Poor mans Mark Gasol.

He definitely has that potential. I'm with Briggs in the sense that I think right now Willy has a more positive impact on the game. KP is still an important player with a positive impact but Willy's already very good at what he specializes at and doesn't shoot some of the bad shots KP does. If Willy was on another team, I wouldn't trade KP to get him though.
But Willy is a legit all NBA Rookie team, which makes him like a top 5 lottery pick or at least playing at the level of a top 5 player from the draft. There's nothing wrong with having a more favorable view right now him than KP. He's earned it.

Hey maybe KP can stop being a free lancer and start playing smarter ball. Use the pass rebound better have more focus on D take better shots. Its not a bad problem to have with KP and Willy although Im not sure they play great together. Im sure we can mitigate that issue by staggering their playing time.

RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
8/7/2017  9:46 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Hey maybe KP can stop being a free lancer and start playing smarter ball. Use the pass rebound better have more focus on D take better shots. Its not a bad problem to have with KP and Willy although Im not sure they play great together. Im sure we can mitigate that issue by staggering their playing time.

KP is going to be great but he picked up a lot of bad habits can he correct himself of the bad habits is the question.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/7/2017  10:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/7/2017  10:15 AM
I really like Willy, but i see him as more of a future 6th man in the league, someone to led the offense of the second unit. KP is the ideal center for the future of the league, and his potential is crazy. Ultimately, his athletic ability and defensive potential separates him from a guy like Willy. But i do like Willy and see him as a poor man's M Gasol. The league isn't suited for these types of players, but i still think he can be very successful. But i think anyone who likes him more than KP isn't really thinking objectively.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/7/2017  10:17 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:There's nothing wrong with having a more favorable view right now him than KP. He's earned it.

Nope, it's just utterly pointless, since they're both Knicks.

Gudris
Member: #6213

8/7/2017  10:19 AM
The problem is not Kp, problem is what people think 5 is, i think it is ok to play with two 4 at the same time
Knickoftime

8/7/2017  10:20 AM
This is turning into a Porzingis thread, as was the intent of the thread.

The theme here is he's played 2 seasons and isn't an unmitigated superstar yet, and some fans are very, very disappointed.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/7/2017  10:44 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:There's nothing wrong with having a more favorable view right now him than KP. He's earned it.

You don't form a more favorable view of some players than others on the team? All 17 on the roster right now are basically the same?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/7/2017  10:45 AM
Knickoftime wrote:This is turning into a Porzingis thread, as was the intent of the thread.

The theme here is he's played 2 seasons and isn't an unmitigated superstar yet, and some fans are very, very disappointed.

Or is the theme that some people are just overly sensitive and too concerned with protecting KP? No one has said anything brutal or even seriously negative.
Knickoftime

8/7/2017  11:08 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:This is turning into a Porzingis thread, as was the intent of the thread.

Or is the theme that some people are just overly sensitive and too concerned with protecting KP? No one has said anything brutal or even seriously negative.

"Protecting" him from what?

He's a second year player. May never get any better. May not be state of the art for 3-4 more years.

And I don't care which of them turn out better. I hope both of them turn out good.

Knickoftime

8/7/2017  11:09 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

You don't form a more favorable view of some players than others on the team? All 17 on the roster right now are basically the same?

Not really, no.

Hasn't occurred to be to compare O'Quinn and Porzingis, for example.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

8/7/2017  11:18 AM
Both KP and Willy are very good prospects. They are both veey giod players. Isn't that enough for Knick fans? Smh. But if we are talkimg about it....Don't agree Willy has better "Potential". KP has more tools. That in itself makes him the one with a higher potential.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/7/2017  11:37 AM
Rookie Willy showed a nice surge the last 30 games last season.
Sophmore KP first two months were all star level. KP has to stay healthy to fulfil the high exectations.
Willy exceeded everyones expectations last year!!!

With the shackles of the Triangle now lifted and seemingly some form of burden from PHil on KP also gone I cannot even begin to extrapolate last season to this one.
Even more so if Melo is not on the court.
I could not even begin to predict how many games they will win for those reasons alone. New guards start the season, A clear offensive schematic from day one, and competition in the back court for playing time.
Trades will still form the roster over the next 60 days. Melo back? Who knows.
I like Willy a lot. Im rooting for him to succeed.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/7/2017  11:43 AM
KP is a two way player, Willy isnt. Until he is, Porzingis has more potential. Willy definitely has an edge on post play. He is a lot more polished than I thought he would be.
reub
Member: #6227

8/7/2017  12:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/7/2017  12:05 PM
GustavBahler wrote:KP is a two way player, Willy isnt. Until he is, Porzingis has more potential. Willy definitely has an edge on post play. He is a lot more polished than I thought he would be.

Willy's WS/48 was .123, much better than average....and as a rookie. And his defense worked out to be better than his offense surprisingly and better than KP's. KP hasn't had a WS48 that high in his two years in the league.

GustavBahler

8/7/2017  12:21 PM
reub wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:KP is a two way player, Willy isnt. Until he is, Porzingis has more potential. Willy definitely has an edge on post play. He is a lot more polished than I thought he would be.

Willy's WS/48 was .123, much better than average....and as a rookie. And his defense worked out to be better than his offense surprisingly and better than KP's. KP hasn't had a WS48 that high in his two years in the league.

In this instance I will take eye test over the numbers. Watched some very porous defense for most of the season. Willy got better as the season went on, but still has a long way to go.

reub
Member: #6227

8/7/2017  12:24 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
reub wrote:

In this instance I will take eye test over the numbers. Watched some very porous defense for most of the season. Willy got better as the season went on, but still has a long way to go.

So does KP.
GustavBahler

8/7/2017  12:26 PM
reub wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
reub wrote:

So does KP.

Long way? No. Room for improvement? Definitely.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/7/2017  12:37 PM
reub wrote:

Always felt that starts and bench players should be weighted differently, prob why the WS/48 are so vastly different when compared to the eye test.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

8/7/2017  1:23 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Both KP and Willy are very good prospects. They are both very good players. Isn't that enough for Knick fans? Smh. But if we are talkimg about it....Don't agree Willy has better "Potential". KP has more tools. That in itself makes him the one with higher potential.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
I might be in minority but I like Willy g

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy