[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: The Yankees Are Back!
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/9/2017  9:55 AM
Finestrg wrote:I think Joe deserves a lot of credit. Easily could've buried Birdy after the tough year, easily could've gone with Head or Holliday at 1B, but he didn't. He likes him and he stuck with him down the stretch of the reg. season and into the playoffs. Plus, he faced the fire after that no-challenge the other night and took the heat. Thought it was DEAD WRONG for the hometown crowd to boo him the way they did last night. How 'bout how he handled the pitching staff the way he did against the Twins? He handled it perfectly and w/o that, there is no Indians series.. Nobody cares more than Joe, man. Big Girardi guy, both my wife and I. Always have been, always will be. Cashman too. I'm good with those two at the controls moving forward.

Regardless of what happens the rest of the way, we're definitely ahead of schedule with A TON going for us and A LOT to look forward to. Great to see. GO YANKS!!!!

Those are all good points. I hope the team wins this series for Joe. That would get him off the hook with the fans. I'd hate to see his time as manager end on this note with that no challenge.
AUTOADVERT
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

10/9/2017  10:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2017  11:15 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Finestrg wrote:I think Joe deserves a lot of credit. Easily could've buried Birdy after the tough year, easily could've gone with Head or Holliday at 1B, but he didn't. He likes him and he stuck with him down the stretch of the reg. season and into the playoffs. Plus, he faced the fire after that no-challenge the other night and took the heat. Thought it was DEAD WRONG for the hometown crowd to boo him the way they did last night. How 'bout how he handled the pitching staff the way he did against the Twins? He handled it perfectly and w/o that, there is no Indians series.. Nobody cares more than Joe, man. Big Girardi guy, both my wife and I. Always have been, always will be. Cashman too. I'm good with those two at the controls moving forward.

Regardless of what happens the rest of the way, we're definitely ahead of schedule with A TON going for us and A LOT to look forward to. Great to see. GO YANKS!!!!

Those are all good points. I hope the team wins this series for Joe. That would get him off the hook with the fans. I'd hate to see his time as manager end on this note with that no challenge.

Me too, Bonn. I think his contract is up after the season. My buddy Mike thinks he's gone after that no challenge. Hope that's not the case. Two more things on that play -- (1) Green threw a bad pitch to the next batter, not Joe and (2) the home plate ump blew that call, not Joe. Happened right in front of the ump, not Joe who's in the dugout and couldn't see or hear the foul tip from there. And here's two more things -- who got picked off 2nd in a big spot in that game? Toe, not Joe. And who gave up the big HR to Bruce? D-Rob, not Joe... And how 'bout Robbie Thompson INSIST they challenge on that play? I mean WTF is he getting paid for?? I just hate to see him take so much heat with this. Such a fluky thing, you know? Bottom line -- the players all needed to do their jobs after that play happened, starting with Green getting Lindor out, and a lot of guys **** the bed. How the hell is this all on Joe?? Dude's a good man, a good manager and a Yankee. I'd love to win this series for him.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/9/2017  12:04 PM
Such a clutch performance by Tanaka last night. Elimination game, offense not scoring, and he throws 7 innings of 0's (with a little help from Judge)? Incredible job. Hopefully that gives us some momentum going into tonight.
MaTT4281
USA
10/9/2017  12:22 PM
Finestrg wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Me too, Bonn. I think his contract is up after the season. My buddy Mike thinks he's gone after that no challenge. Hope that's not the case. Two more things on that play -- (1) Green threw a bad pitch to the next batter, not Joe and (2) the home plate ump blew that call, not Joe. Happened right in front of the ump, not Joe who's in the dugout and couldn't see or hear the foul tip from there. And here's two more things -- who got picked off 2nd in a big spot in that game? Toe, not Joe. And who gave up the big HR to Bruce? D-Rob, not Joe... And how 'bout Robbie Thompson INSIST they challenge on that play? I mean WTF is he getting paid for?? I just hate to see him take so much heat with this. Such a fluky thing, you know? Bottom line -- the players all needed to do their jobs after that play happened, starting with Green getting Lindor out, and a lot of guys **** the bed. How the hell is this all on Joe?? Dude's a good man, a good manager and a Yankee. I'd love to win this series for him.

Giardi ****ed up and cost us Game 2. Simple. It's the players on the field and the manager only has so much control...blah blah blah, I get that.

But there is no excuse, for not challenging a questionable call that puts you in such a bind as that hbp did. That's your job as manager. Especially when you have 2 challenges and Sanchez right there in the middle shouting it was the bat. That 1 decision sets up everything else that goes wrong (Torreyes ****ed up too if that makes you feel any better).

That said, everybody's allowed a **** up from time to time. Joe shouldn't be fired for that - I'll even go one step further to say I think it was a learning experience for him and that Joe won't let that situation play out again in the future.

BigRedDog
Member: #569
10/9/2017  1:12 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
Finestrg wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Giardi ****ed up and cost us Game 2. Simple. It's the players on the field and the manager only has so much control...blah blah blah, I get that.

But there is no excuse, for not challenging a questionable call that puts you in such a bind as that hbp did. That's your job as manager. Especially when you have 2 challenges and Sanchez right there in the middle shouting it was the bat. That 1 decision sets up everything else that goes wrong (Torreyes ****ed up too if that makes you feel any better).

That said, everybody's allowed a **** up from time to time. Joe shouldn't be fired for that - I'll even go one step further to say I think it was a learning experience for him and that Joe won't let that situation play out again in the future.

Agreed. Girardi ****ed up. The guy goes only by the book, no feel for the game. Took CC out too early, obvious Greene didn't have his stuff and left him in WAY too long. No challenge was awful. Left Robertson in too long. Probably no need to pinch run for Frazier-- giving up defense in later innings which obviously hurt them and also putting in an inexperienced player which obviously hurt them. Not 2nd guessing-- said all this at the time. Also Headley sucks and def would bat Holiday over him but inflexible Joe can't see that.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Bonn1997
USA
10/9/2017  5:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2017  8:48 PM
Finestrg wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

I can forgive Joe but I won't go along with what you're saying here. This was a colossal screw up on Joe's part. He had TWO replay challenges left and there were only 3 innings remaining! And this was such a high leverage situation. All the other mistakes you've mentioned by the players and umpire (getting picked off, making a bad pitch that leads to a grand slam, even mistaking a ball that hits the bat for a hit by pitch) happen on a frequent basis in baseball. In the short history of baseball's instant replay challenges, I don't think I've ever seen this bad a screw up though. I do recognize the good things you mentioned about Joe, though, and I'm OK with bringing him back.
Bonn1997
USA
10/9/2017  8:47 PM
5 runs scored already. Wow. All unearned runs against Cleveland.
It sounds like it's already been announced that CC will be the game 5 pitcher if it gets to game 5 (meaning Joe is skipping Gray). That's the right decision IMO.
Bonn1997
USA
10/9/2017  8:47 PM
5-2 now. That HR was hit a second after I typed that message.
MaTT4281
USA
10/9/2017  9:17 PM
Another HR to pull Cleveland within 2. Hopefully the offense can tack on earned runs here soon.

I appreciate guys hustling and capitalizing on the CLE errors...never have to worry about Gardner taking a play off.

MaTT4281
USA
10/9/2017  9:18 PM
Holy crap another error for Cleveland. It's like they're trying to compensate for Game 2.
MaTT4281
USA
10/9/2017  10:30 PM
Betances struggling with his aim. Getting nervous in the 8th..
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

10/9/2017  11:39 PM
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/9/2017  11:39 PM
Tommy Kahnle turned the beast mode on.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/10/2017  12:48 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:Tommy Kahnle turned the beast mode on.

this serious would be over had joe...never mind..go yanks

The energy was crazy out there

ES
Bonn1997
USA
10/10/2017  7:16 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

this serious would be over had joe...never mind..go yanks

The energy was crazy out there

It's true but we also might not even be here if Joe hadn't masterfully managed the pitching in the wild card game.
How about Chapman, man?!
MaTT4281
USA
10/10/2017  8:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2017  8:30 AM

Clutch. Had a bad feeling creeping in after Betances failed to get a single out.

Glad Severino got another shot this post season and remained steady.
Cleveland was beyond sloppy last night - definitely expecting a better played game from them tomorrow...but I like heading into Game 5 with the momentum. Pressure's on the Indians now after they backed themselves into this corner.

BigRedDog
10/10/2017  9:44 AM
Headley is lost at the plate. Looks awful, terrible swings. Inflexible Joe how about trying a professional hitter like Holiday??? Nah Joe won't do that, says " he's due" Have you seen his at bats??? Joe is too loyal and clueless sometimes
Bonn1997
USA
10/10/2017  11:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2017  11:09 AM
BigRedDog wrote:Headley is lost at the plate. Looks awful, terrible swings. Inflexible Joe how about trying a professional hitter like Holiday??? Nah Joe won't do that, says " he's due" Have you seen his at bats??? Joe is too loyal and clueless sometimes

How about giving up on Bird too? Oh never mind. You see how this works? You can't just give up on a guy after a handful of at-bats. Headley had a better season than Halliday. I don't mind both getting at-bats though. No one looks worse at the plate right now than Aaron Judge, BTW. 12 strikeouts in 15 at-bats! These things happen. You just have to let the good and bad streaks come and go.
BigRedDog
10/10/2017  11:40 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:Headley is lost at the plate. Looks awful, terrible swings. Inflexible Joe how about trying a professional hitter like Holiday??? Nah Joe won't do that, says " he's due" Have you seen his at bats??? Joe is too loyal and clueless sometimes

How about giving up on Bird too? Oh never mind. You see how this works? You can't just give up on a guy after a handful of at-bats. Headley had a better season than Halliday. I don't mind both getting at-bats though. No one looks worse at the plate right now than Aaron Judge, BTW. 12 strikeouts in 15 at-bats! These things happen. You just have to let the good and bad streaks come and go.

Bonn, really??? I am not talking about 3 games here. Headley since Sept. 4th 17 for 86 .197 0hrs Thats almost a month and a half. No production. Since Sept 16th 6 for 46 .122 0 hrs.. Not only the average but if you watch the games he can't hit anything hard. He had 1 good year in his career. Might as well let the pitcher hit.. You don't think MAYBE try Holiday??? Why the **** is he on the roster then?

Bonn1997
USA
10/10/2017  12:45 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Bonn, really??? I am not talking about 3 games here. Headley since Sept. 4th 17 for 86 .197 0hrs Thats almost a month and a half. No production. Since Sept 16th 6 for 46 .122 0 hrs.. Not only the average but if you watch the games he can't hit anything hard. He had 1 good year in his career. Might as well let the pitcher hit.. You don't think MAYBE try Holiday??? Why the **** is he on the roster then?

Yet he didn't look as bad at any point in this stretch as Aaron Judge looks now with 12 strikeouts in 15 AB. I don't mind give Holliday some at bats too though. He really hasn't been doing much better than Headley. You're talking about .197 for one bad stretch vs. .231 for the entire season.
OT: The Yankees Are Back!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy