[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: The Yankees Are Back!
Author Thread
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

10/17/2017  9:47 PM
BigRedDog wrote:Great Win!!! One big difference is they stopped calling that low low strike ( thats a ball) against Judge.. Gives him a fair chance

Something I don't get, and might never get, is while the Yanks were getting Sonny Gray from the A's, why did they not also get Yonder Alonso. He was having a good year, could 1B and DH and he was expiring, so the A's were in position to want to move him ( they did to Seattle) There were a lot of interesting and useful, albeit probably not that expensive, bats the Yanks might have been able to acquire from the A's. I mean even Mark Canha right now might be more functional than Chase Headley. A fringe bat shouldn't be that hard to acquire at the deadline. I mean right now the Yanks are using the DH in the bottom third of the order. Even a speed only guy like Terrence Gore would be more useful at DH than Headley right now.

AUTOADVERT
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
10/17/2017  11:01 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:Great Win!!! One big difference is they stopped calling that low low strike ( thats a ball) against Judge.. Gives him a fair chance

Something I don't get, and might never get, is while the Yanks were getting Sonny Gray from the A's, why did they not also get Yonder Alonso. He was having a good year, could 1B and DH and he was expiring, so the A's were in position to want to move him ( they did to Seattle) There were a lot of interesting and useful, albeit probably not that expensive, bats the Yanks might have been able to acquire from the A's. I mean even Mark Canha right now might be more functional than Chase Headley. A fringe bat shouldn't be that hard to acquire at the deadline. I mean right now the Yanks are using the DH in the bottom third of the order. Even a speed only guy like Terrence Gore would be more useful at DH than Headley right now.

Agree. Never was a Headley fan. Clint Frazier was the answer if he didn't get hurt.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/18/2017  8:31 AM

You've got to love Judge's attitude through all the strikeouts though. He's just patiently waiting for mistakes, and then he rips it over the fence. I swear, he looks like he hit's homers off the handle of his bat sometimes...

This is fun! No matter the amount of stress, I don't think Girardi wants to leave, and I can't see the Yankees not offering him a nice contract to stay...

On to Keuchel again! Hopefully they can figure him out tonight.

Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
10/18/2017  8:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2017  8:48 AM
jrodmc wrote:

You've got to love Judge's attitude through all the strikeouts though. He's just patiently waiting for mistakes, and then he rips it over the fence. I swear, he looks like he hit's homers off the handle of his bat sometimes...

This is fun! No matter the amount of stress, I don't think Girardi wants to leave, and I can't see the Yankees not offering him a nice contract to stay...

Yeah it is fun.
I clicked on this thread expecting to find BRD listing all the things Girardi did wrong last night.
Bonn1997
USA
10/18/2017  8:53 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Agree. Never was a Headley fan. Clint Frazier was the answer if he didn't get hurt.

Clint Frazier? The issue was he had like a .270 on base percentage with a negative WAR. Headley has had a lot of unfortunate line drive outs. I'm not a huge Headley fan. I think he's an average MLB player but Clint Frazier still has a ways to go to get to average.

Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
10/18/2017  9:34 AM
Great win. I am happy for Sonny. He pitched solid despite the high pitch count early.

Aaron Judge is a ball player and a half despite the strike-outs he gets.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/18/2017  10:20 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:Girardi is good. He's got a great connection to his pitching staff. A true catcher's view point in the dugout, and his pitchers like him. There will always be mistakes. Its not chess. In chess when you take a piece you dont have to worry about it executing, you just win it. Easy to think he stuck with CC too long in game 5, but there is some context. He was pitching perfectly. The hits came quickly so it even if someone throws after the first hit no gimme he's ready. The hits were good pitches, the batters did a good job of going and getting them. Too many pro hitters are not willing to do that.

I hope Girardi gets resigned by the Yanks. The issue I had with Joe last night wasn't for sticking with CC too long - it was letting Betances get a second batter in the 9th. I know he wanted to conserve his arms for later / let some of his arms get earned rest. He walks both and all of a sudden it turns into DEFCON 5

Actually I thought giving him a shot to regain his confidence in the 8th inning with a 8-0 lead, was the best chance he was going to get. You want to know you can at some point rely on him, and from the looks of hit, you can't.

it seems like he was just throwing as hard as he can, and where ever it lands, it lands, location wasn't a priority.

Agreed. He had that one really bad mistake with not challenging that play but no one is perfect. How many decisions is a manager making per game?! There are bound to be mistakes. I support Girardi overall and hope he is back.

Ditto but I also don’t blame Girardi if he wants to take a year or two off. Professional coaching for so long has got to take years off of you from all of that stress and pressure.

I've got no problem with him trying to get Betances groove back. But two batters? He wasn't even close... besides the obvious, the problem is that now Betances is effectively done for the playoffs. Sure, he gave him the chance to pitch his way back into things, but he also just allowed him to bury himself. He's not getting nay action until next year. Just responding because I want to give Bonn what he wants, albeit I had no problem with anything Girardi did yesterday.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/18/2017  10:22 AM

I had statcast up during the game and man was the xone inconsistent last night... but i think that definitely favors us at home. If you can't get the zone called consistently pitch-to-pitch -- forget batter-to-batter -- that has to play to our advantage with all thump we have in the lineup

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Allanfan20
USA
10/18/2017  10:26 AM
That game was the perfect opportunity for DB to get in some work and work up his confidence and thus, Girardis’. He had an opportunity handed to him by Joe and he f’ed it up. He shouldn’t be able to pitch the rest of the post-season now. You can have a bad game or even 2. After two, you just have to work your way back up the “Importance Ladder.” When you squander every opportunity though, then that ladder has to be taken away from you and you have to watch your teammates going on the great ride. Now Garcia has officially taken his place.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/18/2017  1:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2017  1:26 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Ugh. It's not so clear cut. Romaine had that interference at the worst possible time.

Oof - how blatant was it? Missed most of the game with a late vet apt and some down time with the dog. Highlights jump to bases loaded in the 6th.

I was fortunate to get back in time for the rally. Glad to see bats coming to life last night from Judge and Sanchez. Also Judge and Didi combining for the cycle in the 7th and 8th was something special. Nothing like some home cooking to get back into these series. Lets steal the lead before it heads back to Houston!

Bonn1997
USA
10/18/2017  2:07 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Ugh. It's not so clear cut. Romaine had that interference at the worst possible time.

Oof - how blatant was it? Missed most of the game with a late vet apt and some down time with the dog. Highlights jump to bases loaded in the 6th.

I was fortunate to get back in time for the rally. Glad to see bats coming to life last night from Judge and Sanchez. Also Judge and Didi combining for the cycle in the 7th and 8th was something special. Nothing like some home cooking to get back into these series. Lets steal the lead before it heads back to Houston!

Oh it was pretty obvious. He reached forward and you could see the bat hit his glove. It happens though.
Gray was cruising through 5 innings. He walked the lead off batter in the 6th. Romine then had that interference. Then Gray seemed flustered and through the next pitch in the dirt like 8 feet from the target. Then Girardi took him about before he could throw another pitch and put Robertson in.

Is your dog OK?

MaTT4281
USA
10/18/2017  3:20 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Oh it was pretty obvious. He reached forward and you could see the bat hit his glove. It happens though.
Gray was cruising through 5 innings. He walked the lead off batter in the 6th. Romine then had that interference. Then Gray seemed flustered and through the next pitch in the dirt like 8 feet from the target. Then Girardi took him about before he could throw another pitch and put Robertson in.

Is your dog OK?

Glad that didn't wind up as the difference maker (or Castro's E in the 7th for that matter). Wins have a way of erasing mistakes.

Dog is fine, just some minor ear infections. Thanks for asking. A couple ear swabs and you'd think he's traumatized.

Feeling good with Tanaka on the mount tonight. Would be huge if we can get on the board first and get the crowd into it early...I do not want to be facing Verlander in an elimination game Friday.

BigRedDog
10/18/2017  3:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2017  3:42 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Yeah it is fun.
I clicked on this thread expecting to find BRD listing all the things Girardi did wrong last night.

Probably the best Yankee game I have seen in the last 5 years or so.

BigRedDog
10/18/2017  3:41 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Clint Frazier? The issue was he had like a .270 on base percentage with a negative WAR. Headley has had a lot of unfortunate line drive outs. I'm not a huge Headley fan. I think he's an average MLB player but Clint Frazier still has a ways to go to get to average.

Yes, Clint Frazier. He has an electric, super quick bat. His ceiling is so far above Headley's. Yes he needs to improve aspects of his game but he should be a star and big part of this team in the future.

Bonn1997
USA
10/18/2017  6:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2017  6:55 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Yes, Clint Frazier. He has an electric, super quick bat. His ceiling is so far above Headley's. Yes he needs to improve aspects of his game but he should be a star and big part of this team in the future.

That's fine but playoffs aren't about ceiling. They're about now. Headley is 4 for 9 in the series anyway.
BigRedDog
10/18/2017  7:00 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

That's fine but playoffs aren't about ceiling. They're about now. Headley is 4 for 9 in the series anyway.

I 'm not saying playing Frazier now. I was saying if Fazier didn't get hurt this year he would be a difference at the DH spot. Frazier was starting to play very well before he got hurt. He came back too late to do anything.

Bonn1997
USA
10/18/2017  7:13 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

I 'm not saying playing Frazier now. I was saying if Fazier didn't get hurt this year he would be a difference at the DH spot. Frazier was starting to play very well before he got hurt. He came back too late to do anything.

Oh OK that makes more sense.
MaTT4281
USA
10/18/2017  7:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2017  7:29 PM
Tanaka has been fantastic this post season. Worked himself in and out of trouble a couple times, but keeps putting up 0s.

Judge has quickly righted the ship this series, now batting over .300 with some big hits since coming home. And another RBI for Gary to boot!

Allanfan20
USA
10/18/2017  8:07 PM
What do the fans keep chanting to the tune of “Seven Nation Army?”
Bonn1997
USA
10/19/2017  9:36 AM
3-2! Wow!
OT: The Yankees Are Back!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy