Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/12/2017  8:28 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Frazier said this win was for Joe.
I really like Frazier and hope he's back next year. I know we already have Bird and 1 more year of Headley on the corners but there should still be plenty of ABs for Frazier.

Headley is better suited to play DH. Frazier is gold glove worthy at third.

Agreed and I think the teammates love Frazier. He'll probably be back.

It’s one thing if you are loved on a losing team but if you are loved on one of the 4 best teams in the league, then that’s pretty important that goes unnoticed on a stat sheet. Kind of like how Matt Holiday has supposedly been very influential for Aaron Judge.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/12/2017  8:31 AM
I was telling anyone who listen to me during the end of spring training, that we were going to the world serious. The way we breeze through training camp like we did in 09..

Nobody paid much attention even after we came out of the gate blazing in April and MAY.

We have the most balance roster in the majors, with just enough young stars, a dominate bull pen, solid starters, lighst out closers, and some solid veterans that chip in with solid production on the field and in the locker room.

we got this

ES
knicks1248
10/12/2017  8:46 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
I really like Frazier and hope he's back next year. I know we already have Bird and 1 more year of Headley on the corners but there should still be plenty of ABs for Frazier.

It’s one thing if you are loved on a losing team but if you are loved on one of the 4 best teams in the league, then that’s pretty important that goes unnoticed on a stat sheet. Kind of like how Matt Holiday has supposedly been very influential for Aaron Judge.

matt holiday was such a great addition, this are type establish vets I wish the knicks would acquire

ES
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/12/2017  8:52 AM
knicks1248 wrote:I was telling anyone who listen to me during the end of spring training, that we were going to the world serious. The way we breeze through training camp like we did in 09..

Nobody paid much attention even after we came out of the gate blazing in April and MAY.

We have the most balance roster in the majors, with just enough young stars, a dominate bull pen, solid starters, lighst out closers, and some solid veterans that chip in with solid production on the field and in the locker room.

we got this

We're going to need Judge and Sanchez to wake up at the plate for that to happen. Hopefully they find their stride in Houston.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/12/2017  9:57 AM
Love seeing Frazier getting the love... Last night I was thinking he reminds of me slightly off Scott Brosius
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/12/2017  10:35 AM
I loved how ecstatic CC was when Robertson got the double play. I think a lot of pitchers would have been pissed they weren't going to get the win. He clearly just wants another WS ring and isn't concerned about his individual stats.
Bonn1997
USA
10/12/2017  10:45 AM
knicks1248 wrote:I was telling anyone who listen to me during the end of spring training, that we were going to the world serious. The way we breeze through training camp like we did in 09..

we got this

I thought you'd at least come back and give Chapman some credit. You gave up on him in the middle of the season. I was saying it was just a random bad stretch that would go away with time. His fundamental stats (low walks, high strikeouts, low HRs) always looked great even when he was struggling.
BigRedDog
Member: #569
10/12/2017  11:54 AM
Yanks need to figure out their DH. Headley sucks, looks like he is using balsa wood for his bats. Try either Holiday or Clint Frazier.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
10/12/2017  12:40 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:

we got this

I thought you'd at least come back and give Chapman some credit. You gave up on him in the middle of the season. I was saying it was just a random bad stretch that would go away with time. His fundamental stats (low walks, high strikeouts, low HRs) always looked great even when he was struggling.

I'm just glad Betances didn't get a chance to choke.

knicks1248
10/12/2017  12:41 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:

we got this

OH GOD, I was so done with that guy in august, definitely got me back on his bandwagon. he was cooloer than fonz last night. what ever is issue was then, has certainly been corrected now.

To me, he started relying on his 100mph fast ball, and just seem to lose control and focus, it was either a strikeout or a base on ball, and really he was giving up more walks then strikeouts.

I think if judge and sanchez get back on track (is holiday hurt?) we can get there

ES
jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
10/12/2017  12:41 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:Girardi FUCKED up again. Definitely should have pulled CC after 2nd hit...

Disagree. I criticized Joe in game 2 for pulling CC too early. He was dominant tonight up to that point. I give him a chance to work himself out of it. Didn't pan out, now time for the bullpen. This team is too good to keep scoreless in a game 5 on their field.

No room for error You have your whole bullpen ready... Work himself out of it??? Wake up

Bullpen was ready in game 2 as well. There are no gimmes even with this group. I'll give my guy who seems to have it going tonight a little bit longer leash.

You really using game 2 as an example? Giradi ****ed up there too. Not by going to the bullpen but by leaving Greene in too long when clearly he didnt have his stuff. You just start watching baseball?

Ya I'm using game 2 as an example of going to the bullpen too quickly. You disagree?

Take a nap. You're tired.

I agree with you. Anyone can give up 2 hits. You don't take a red hot pitcher out after 2 hits. There's no guarantee the reliever will do a better job.

Not surprising u say that Bonn. Guarantee every paper win or lose will say he left CC in too long. At least 1 batter too long . Joe didnt have the bullpen ready.. No way u let him give up 4 base hits in a row. NO WAY

OK show me the articles tomorrow that say that

Guess he's still looking... Maybe there's a way to leave him in if he strikes out 9 batters.

knicks1248
10/12/2017  4:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/12/2017  4:44 PM
hey did anyone see this creepy ass skittles commercial during the game yesterday..WTf were they thinking, this commercial scared the hell out of ppl..I thought it was just me, but clearly I wasn't the only one freaked out

http://nypost.com/2017/10/12/this-freaky-commercial-scared-the-hell-out-of-baseball-fans/

ES
Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
10/12/2017  10:56 PM
knicks1248 wrote:hey did anyone see this creepy ass skittles commercial during the game yesterday..WTf were they thinking, this commercial scared the hell out of ppl..I thought it was just me, but clearly I wasn't the only one freaked out

http://nypost.com/2017/10/12/this-freaky-commercial-scared-the-hell-out-of-baseball-fans/

I didn’t freak out. I actually thought it was well done but it was definitely very creepy. Not sure what Skittles was attempting with that though. Kind of weird. I thought they were advertising an actual movie at first.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bonn1997
USA
10/13/2017  8:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/13/2017  8:15 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

we got this

OH GOD, I was so done with that guy in august, definitely got me back on his bandwagon. he was cooloer than fonz last night. what ever is issue was then, has certainly been corrected now.

To me, he started relying on his 100mph fast ball, and just seem to lose control and focus, it was either a strikeout or a base on ball, and really he was giving up more walks then strikeouts.

I think if judge and sanchez get back on track (is holiday hurt?) we can get there

He had a stretch of about 7 innings that were bad but what pitcher never has that happen? In terms of walks, he had one 3 walk game but otherwise he was still at around a 3 to 1 strikeout to walk ratio. He did allow some HRs in that stretch though. It was a bad 7 innings.

And man, it's been an incredible stretch now for him: 18.2 scoreless innings with 30 Ks and only 4 BBs.

Bonn1997
USA
10/13/2017  8:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/13/2017  8:23 AM
Yankees going with Tanaka game 1. Great decision. You just can't trust Gray right now unfortunately. I think that other than that one major screw up in game 2 by Girardi, his decisions have been outstanding - especially his pitching decisions.
Bonn1997
USA
10/13/2017  8:22 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

matt holiday was such a great addition, this are type establish vets I wish the knicks would acquire

Holliday really hasn't done that much. Frazier has been the great vet addition! Guys like that have no reason to come to the Knicks though.
knicks1248
10/13/2017  11:39 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Holliday really hasn't done that much. Frazier has been the great vet addition! Guys like that have no reason to come to the Knicks though.

he was pretty solid in in april, may and june when we had some injuries, and a lot of the young guys praised him for his knowledge, and just being a high character guy..His production is more in the locker room than on the field

ES
Bonn1997
USA
10/13/2017  12:12 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

he was pretty solid in in april, may and june when we had some injuries, and a lot of the young guys praised him for his knowledge, and just being a high character guy..His production is more in the locker room than on the field

True but then he was pretty awful after those months.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/13/2017  12:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/13/2017  12:25 PM
BigRed - you could be getting your wish at DH:

http://nypost.com/2017/10/13/stay-tuned-girardi-strongly-hints-at-a-new-dh-for-game-1/

HOUSTON — With his DHs hitless in 20 at-bats during the ALDS, the Yankees’ Joe Girardi sounded like a manager contemplating adding a third wheel to the picture.

Asked about Matt Holliday getting his first taste of this postseason, Girardi said, “Stay tuned.’’

Holliday faced Sonny Gray and Chasen Shreve in simulated games after the Yankees worked out Thursday.

I'd still personally like to see Romine get the start at C and Sanchez DH.

Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/13/2017  12:32 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:BigRed - you could be getting your wish at DH:

http://nypost.com/2017/10/13/stay-tuned-girardi-strongly-hints-at-a-new-dh-for-game-1/

HOUSTON — With his DHs hitless in 20 at-bats during the ALDS, the Yankees’ Joe Girardi sounded like a manager contemplating adding a third wheel to the picture.

Asked about Matt Holliday getting his first taste of this postseason, Girardi said, “Stay tuned.’’

Holliday faced Sonny Gray and Chasen Shreve in simulated games after the Yankees worked out Thursday.

I'd still personally like to see Romine get the start at C and Sanchez DH.

Why?

OT: The Yankees Are Back!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy