Ramon Sessions!
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/28/2017  5:01 PM
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Good stuff, takes the pressure off frank and ensures a nice tanking season

yup, I bet your looking forward to continue the losing culture, losing habits, poor development..I know KP excited about that.

What do you want to happen? What will make this a winning culture, building winning habits and better development?

YOU have to start somewhere.... nothing is currently happening that is that bad to continue to cry like a female k-9. We have plenty off things too feel good about... we still have a long journey but so far there's no need for the novela

why is he talking about tanking, that's a losers mentality.. I'm not teaching my kids how to be losers, cmon man we need to cut that out.

ES
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/28/2017  5:06 PM
dwiley20 wrote:when he was with the bucks i use to think he was solid..How old is he now?

He's only 30. Seems like he has been in the league forever.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/28/2017  5:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2017  5:07 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Good stuff, takes the pressure off frank and ensures a nice tanking season

yup, I bet your looking forward to continue the losing culture, losing habits, poor development..I know KP excited about that.

What do you want to happen? What will make this a winning culture, building winning habits and better development?

YOU have to start somewhere.... nothing is currently happening that is that bad to continue to cry like a female k-9. We have plenty off things too feel good about... we still have a long journey but so far there's no need for the novela

why is he talking about tanking, that's a losers mentality.. I'm not teaching my kids how to be losers, cmon man we need to cut that out.

I have no horse in this race, but if you were to ask me what has more long-term value in the NBA, a potential top number one or two pick in a year they project to be very good versus a "mentality," I'll take the pick and not think twice.

Me, I teach my kid about having perspective, and seeing things in the long-term and not to focus on immediate gratification.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/28/2017  5:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2017  5:17 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Why do adults put their weird obsession with winning in sports onto their kids- sports is entertainment, it's not worth messing your kids up for. Winnings nice, but in the grand scheme of things there are more important things in life

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/28/2017  5:20 PM
Why is Hahn pondering the news that we've signed Sessions?

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/28/2017  5:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2017  5:26 PM
Good pick up that fills a need. Specially with what was left. Not a huge difference maker as to our record but good cerebral decision. Would have been interesting to see how Perry would have handled the draft and Hardaway signing. So far he seems practical.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/28/2017  5:47 PM
anrst wrote:is he good on D?

Seem to recall that he's not a great defender, but I'll let others throw out the stats to prove or disprove.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knickoftime

7/28/2017  5:49 PM
smackeddog wrote:Why is Hahn pondering the news that we've signed Sessions?

He's pondering if this is a precursor to another move.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/28/2017  6:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:sigh!!!

this is a no other option signing, he shot 38% fg, and like 32% from 3..and has been on like damn near every team in the league

not surprised you are whining. Good signing to help mentor frank and baker
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/28/2017  6:21 PM
It's a one year deal. If he's bad or even terrible, we can just cut him. This should be a complaining situation for nobody.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/28/2017  6:23 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:It's a one year deal. If he's bad or even terrible, we can just cut him. This should be a complaining situation for nobody.

Lol, it's 3 pages too late for that. But, I like the signing and I hope it means no Kyrie.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/28/2017  6:30 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:It's a one year deal. If he's bad or even terrible, we can just cut him. This should be a complaining situation for nobody.

So ? - if Session's is awful can we just cut him on a vet min deal and sign someone else on the same vet-min type deal with no cap implications or are we stuck with Sessions for year?

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/28/2017  6:43 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

You say that, but we won't win any less games than last year.

Want to bet? Once we're shot of melo (we aren't getting anything of significance back), we have a terrible roster. Our youngsters are going to need a few years.

Melo was one of our worst players last year. Virtually every combination of players was better with him off the court.
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
7/28/2017  6:44 PM
nothing wrong with this signing...Sessions has a pretty low ceiling but should contribute at no cost. Should be a good mentor to Frank.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/28/2017  9:03 PM

this is a no other option signing, he shot 38% fg, and like 32% from 3..and has been on like damn near every team in the league

he is terrible but he is much better than Baker so there is that

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
blkexec
Member: #748
7/28/2017  9:26 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

I disagree.....bakers value is having the defensive flexibility to guard multiple positions.....Sessions will mentor both Frank and baker on running the offense as a point guard. But teams pay more for youth and potential.....its a gamble.....same with Hardaway Jr. ...

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/28/2017  9:29 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

I'm betting Baker passes him by next season. Baker does things defensively that NONE of our guards do and he was acclimating to the toughest position for a young guard to learn in the NBA. Some amount of perspective is needed when judging Baker. He's not a superstar type but he's going to be a very good team player.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
7/28/2017  10:05 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I have no horse in this race, but if you were to ask me what has more long-term value in the NBA, a potential top number one or two pick in a year they project to be very good versus a "mentality," I'll take the pick and not think twice.

Me, I teach my kid about having perspective, and seeing things in the long-term and not to focus on immediate gratification.

This is all correct but you also have to teach them how to win. As difficult as it may be, you have find that balance.

In the case of the Knicks, if they want to build a "winning" culture, you have to start by trying to actually win games.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/28/2017  10:08 PM
Session is solid if not spectacular. Good pick up. Now I hope they give Frank huge minutes this year. They should start him off slowly but by the Allstar game, he needs at least 25 minutes a game.
Trust the Process
Knickoftime

7/28/2017  10:12 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

This is all correct but you also have to teach them how to win. As difficult as it may be, you have find that balance.

In the case of the Knicks, if they want to build a "winning" culture, you have to start by trying to actually win games.

Which won't mean squat if you don't have the horses.

It's symbiotic, not horse & cart.

Ramon Sessions!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy