[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo dont want Kyrie in NYC
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

7/27/2017  7:25 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Seems that Melo wants to go to the Cavs with James, Irving, and himself because he sees that team as having a more legitimate chance to win a title.

Lebron's reaction to Irving leaving, and the potential that he might leave the Cavs would be another issue.

I think Melo wants to be in a situation where he can OPT IN the final year of his contract. Melo knows that if he is on the Cavs and James leaves, he, Melo, will have to opt out, and will probably never get the same amount of $$ that he is leaving on the table, especially if his body continues to decline.

Rose is an example to look at. He is, in some ways, similar to Melo in that he has tremendous scoring ability, but does little else to help a team. Yes, he wanted to be on a team with a chance to go to a title, but teams were not exactly beating down his door to offer him a contract. You have to believe that Anthony might be in a similar situation, with little chance of picking up a $20M+ contract if he opts out early and goes on the market.

If you believe he is more concerned about money than a title, this might be a way to look at his decision to shy away from the Cavs.

Melo will get more than Rose, but your right I could see 15 a year for 2 or 3 but thats a far cry from 27

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/27/2017  7:31 PM
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Seems that Melo wants to go to the Cavs with James, Irving, and himself because he sees that team as having a more legitimate chance to win a title.

Lebron's reaction to Irving leaving, and the potential that he might leave the Cavs would be another issue.

I think Melo wants to be in a situation where he can OPT IN the final year of his contract. Melo knows that if he is on the Cavs and James leaves, hbe, Melo, will have to opt out, and will probably never get the same amount of $$ that he is leaving on the table, especially if his body continues to decline.

Rose is an example to look at. He is, in some ways, similar to Melo in that he has tremendous scoring ability, but does little else to help a team. Yes, he wanted to be on a team with a chance to go to a title, but teams were not exactly beating down his door to offer him a contract. You have to believe that Anthony might be in a similar situation, with little chance of picking up a $20M+ contract if he opts out early and goes on the market.

If you believe he is more concerned about money than a title, this might be a way to look at his decision to shy away from the Cavs.

Given what we know about Melo and his love for money, I think this is much closer to the truth. He will go to the team that gives him the best chance to opt in, still be relevant and then get as big a contract as he can after two years.

Who doesnt love money? Who doesnt want all the money owed to them? Phil jackson only took the job after Dolan threw more money at him. The theme of Melo and his money is pure nonsense. It applies to most athletes and execs, not just Melo...

Lot's of people don't love money - but that's not s a topic of discussion over here. Phil Jackson isn't holding the Knicks hostage and whether it applies to other people is completely irrelevant when we are discussing Melo's motives for being a complete douchebag.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/27/2017  7:34 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:Melo is most likely a decent enough person who is sick of NY. There is nothing wrong with that. He has everg right to take advantage of his NTC, that the Knicks gave to him. It's a little head scratching that he's willing to leave his family after presenting himself as a family-man, after all of these years. He is being annoying as hell for not expanding his list even just a tiny bit. Only Houston? Really? Not even Golden State???

He has his flaws and positive and negative attributes, just like the rest of us.

I personally gained a lot of respect for him when he stood up for Mike Woodson when nobody else would.

Who has had his back in the front office, phil's last words about melo was he(melo) didn't want to go nowhere.
At that point, trades talk should have stopped (at least publicly). I have never seen a team push so hard to get a player out who has a NTC.

Now that you can't get a favorable trade you wanna talk, you want to incorporate me back into your plans.

It seems like it all is posturing. But some reports say Melo and others were told he was going to Houston weeks ago. As a Knick fan I want the Knicks to et the best deal possible. But I can see where Melo is set on going where he was told he would go. The NTC means he is a Knick or a Rocket. The Knicks need to decide if they want him back or want the Houston deal.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/27/2017  7:48 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:It's an entirely f'ed up situation. Very ugly.

This is why it's hard to have faith in MILLS.

1)signing baker and THJ, before rondo or any above avg vet pg after drafting a 18yr(the most important position in todays nba) old to run a NBA offense, like you already had a melo trade lock that included one.

2)Should have talk to melo 1 minute after Phil was officially fired, not after hiring Perry , thats when i knew this has a good chance of getting very ugly

3)the fact that he quickly came out and said no more triangle, clearly means he hated it when phil was here and didn't have the balls to tell him, or maybe he did and phil didnt give a fck, And to me, phils comments were more base on melo not always running his beloved triangle.

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/27/2017  8:56 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:It's an entirely f'ed up situation. Very ugly.

This is why it's hard to have faith in MILLS.

1)signing baker and THJ, before rondo or any above avg vet pg after drafting a 18yr(the most important position in todays nba) old to run a NBA offense, like you already had a melo trade lock that included one.

2)Should have talk to melo 1 minute after Phil was officially fired, not after hiring Perry , thats when i knew this has a good chance of getting very ugly

3)the fact that he quickly came out and said no more triangle, clearly means he hated it when phil was here and didn't have the balls to tell him, or maybe he did and phil didnt give a fck, And to me, phils comments were more base on melo not always running his beloved triangle.

Mills is not some prophet to have faith in.
It is not about him but about the organization at the rock bottom.
The realty rules and Mills just trying to keep his nose to the wind.
No matter how you slice it this team is not winning anything next 2-3 years with Melo or without.
So why bother. The process will take care about itself.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
USA
7/27/2017  9:22 PM
reub wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:This makes him a bad person?!

It makes him a selfish person. Is that bad?
He said he would waive his NTC and give up his 8 mil trade kicker. He doesn't have to do anything.
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/27/2017  9:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:This makes him a bad person?!

It makes him a selfish person. Is that bad?
He said he would waive his NTC and give up his 8 mil trade kicker. He doesn't have to do anything.

yeah....To go to houston, not 28 other teams. I think it is kind of selfish, but then again, he handle this sht like a pro all season long so it wouldn't be a distraction.

ES
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
7/28/2017  2:49 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Gudris wrote:Melo is a bad person, before Kyrie rumors he said he wants to go to Cavs or Houston, now when Kyrie says he wants to go to Knicks, Melo now says he only wants to go to Houston, you know why ?

Because he is faken scared, ,if Kyrie comes to NYC instead of him and Knicks goes to playooofs or even second round or something ? what will they say about Melo after that ? Everyone will blame Melo for Knicks being so miserable all these years with Melo.

Fako Melo.

So the Cavs accepted a package for Melo, went to Melo, and he said no? Wow that's a lot of assumption. Then based on this assumption, you deem him a bad person? Makes sense.

Fact of the matter is, no one knows if the Cavs are entertaining trade offers for Irving. Think it would be more rational to assume they are still in the first steps of processing the Situation. But let's say they started negotiating. Most acknowledge that Melo and draft picks is not enough to get Cavs to even listen to them. Would probably take KP for them to listen, and we know that's not going to happen.

LeBron is actively recruiting to purge Kyrie -- that's hardly first stage and recruiting at its worst

CrushAlot
USA
7/28/2017  3:08 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

I think Melo wants to be in a situation where he can OPT IN the final year of his contract. Melo knows that if he is on the Cavs and James leaves, hbe, Melo, will have to opt out, and will probably never get the same amount of $$ that he is leaving on the table, especially if his body continues to decline.

Given what we know about Melo and his love for money, I think this is much closer to the truth. He will go to the team that gives him the best chance to opt in, still be relevant and then get as big a contract as he can after two years.

Who doesnt love money? Who doesnt want all the money owed to them? Phil jackson only took the job after Dolan threw more money at him. The theme of Melo and his money is pure nonsense. It applies to most athletes and execs, not just Melo...

Lot's of people don't love money - but that's not s a topic of discussion over here. Phil Jackson isn't holding the Knicks hostage and whether it applies to other people is completely irrelevant when we are discussing Melo's motives for being a complete douchebag.

Phil Jackson's actions are holding the Knicks hostage. Do your job right and theKnicks are not in this situation. Don't think you won a negotiation because a little was given ack but you gave a NTC and a huge trade kicker. Also, if you work in the nba again, don't take naps during pre draft workouts.

In regards to the business aspect, Melo said he will waive the 8+ mil trade kicker Phil gave him to go to Houston. That is a huge give back and makes an untradeable deal one that had a chance to be moved. Guys that only care about money don't throw away 8 mil when their career is probably done in 4 years.

meloshouldgo

7/28/2017  6:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2017  6:33 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Phil Jackson's actions are holding the Knicks hostage. Do your job right and theKnicks are not in this situation. Don't think you won a negotiation because a little was given ack but you gave a NTC and a huge trade kicker. Also, if you work in the nba again, don't take naps during pre draft workouts.

In regards to the business aspect, Melo said he will waive the 8+ mil trade kicker Phil gave him to go to Houston. That is a huge give back and makes an untradeable deal one that had a chance to be moved. Guys that only care about money don't throw away 8 mil when their career is probably done in 4 years.

Your Phil Jackson trolling knows no bounds. Phil Jackson actions are holding the Knicks hostage. WOW.

Grown ass adult man who got close to 200 MM from the Knicks won't choose anything but playing with his buddy and clearly doesn't give a rats ass about the team that gave him 200MM but he is the paragon of virtue and Phil Jackson's actions are holding the team hostage.

Keep posting this drivel, there are enough idiots to make it "true".

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/28/2017  6:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2017  6:41 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Your Phil Jackson trolling knows no bounds. Phil Jackson actions are holding the Knicks hostage. WOW.

Grown ass adult man who got close to 200 MM from the Knicks won't choose anything but playing with his buddy and clearly doesn't give a rats ass about the team that gave him 200MM but he is the paragon of virtue and Phil Jackson's actions are holding the team hostage.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. There can be more than one hostage-taker. I find it odd so many people defend either Melo or Phil, and generally denigrate the other to support the one they're defending. Not saying you're doing all of that but it's pretty common.
CrushAlot
USA
7/28/2017  7:16 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

He has the power to choose whatever he wants. How did he get that power? In a business situation who should he be looking out for? Is Melo still a Knick if Phil didnt give him the Ntc?
meloshouldgo

7/28/2017  7:38 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

The two aren't mutually exclusive. There can be more than one hostage-taker. I find it odd so many people defend either Melo or Phil, and generally denigrate the other to support the one they're defending. Not saying you're doing all of that but it's pretty common.

It happens because when you keep reading the same garbage being posted day in day out and you speak up against it then you are automatically assumed to be defending the person who is being attacked by the trolls. And the trolls accuse you of trolling.

Look at the amount of straight up Phil hate garbage this person has posted here. Created thread after thread with tweets and "articles" that had anything negative about Phil. This doesn't happen by accident, it's s body of work and the definition of trolling. Shows a clear agenda and concious thought process. What's funny is he then points to those links and threads as"evidence" of being right. And challenges people on their "sources".

Another one cut pastes his Lin hate on every post and attempts to bait people into discussing Lin so he can unload on imaginary accusations. Now him and his friends go thread to thread accusing me of being every other poster that hated Melo as well. There's something wrong with these people, and it's not basketball related.

Now I don't post articles about Melo, honestly could care less. I really wanted him to succeed before he showed that he would put himself ahead of the team every single time. Now I can't wait to see him leave and I have no reason to be a hypocrite about it.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/28/2017  7:50 AM
Even if that's the case, he has the right and power to do so.
Knicks should just stay steady and not allow him to get his wish to Houston unless the deal is better.

I mean yes he has every right to want Houston.
We also have every right to not make the trade.

Put the pressure on Melo to perform as a Knick, in a contract year. There is no way Melo is going to marry himself to this Knicks situation for two more years. At some point, he would give in, and add another team to his list.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/28/2017  8:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2017  8:14 AM
Paris907 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Gudris wrote:Melo is a bad person, before Kyrie rumors he said he wants to go to Cavs or Houston, now when Kyrie says he wants to go to Knicks, Melo now says he only wants to go to Houston, you know why ?

Because he is faken scared, ,if Kyrie comes to NYC instead of him and Knicks goes to playooofs or even second round or something ? what will they say about Melo after that ? Everyone will blame Melo for Knicks being so miserable all these years with Melo.

Fako Melo.

So the Cavs accepted a package for Melo, went to Melo, and he said no? Wow that's a lot of assumption. Then based on this assumption, you deem him a bad person? Makes sense.

Fact of the matter is, no one knows if the Cavs are entertaining trade offers for Irving. Think it would be more rational to assume they are still in the first steps of processing the Situation. But let's say they started negotiating. Most acknowledge that Melo and draft picks is not enough to get Cavs to even listen to them. Would probably take KP for them to listen, and we know that's not going to happen.

LeBron is actively recruiting to purge Kyrie -- that's hardly first stage and recruiting at its worst

Who told you that? Third level internet sites? Not really a reliable source.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

7/28/2017  8:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2017  9:03 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

It happens because when you keep reading the same garbage being posted day in day out and you speak up against it then you are automatically assumed to be defending the person who is being attacked by the trolls. And the trolls accuse you of trolling.

Look at the amount of straight up Phil hate garbage this person has posted here. Created thread after thread with tweets and "articles" that had anything negative about Phil. This doesn't happen by accident, it's s body of work and the definition of trolling. Shows a clear agenda and concious thought process. What's funny is he then points to those links and threads as"evidence" of being right. And challenges people on their "sources".

Another one cut pastes his Lin hate on every post and attempts to bait people into discussing Lin so he can unload on imaginary accusations. Now him and his friends go thread to thread accusing me of being every other poster that hated Melo as well. There's something wrong with these people, and it's not basketball related.

Now I don't post articles about Melo, honestly could care less. I really wanted him to succeed before he showed that he would put himself ahead of the team every single time. Now I can't wait to see him leave and I have no reason to be a hypocrite about it.

LMAO Do you not realize how funny this is? Or what a troll is? Hint Crush's name is not "Philshouldgo". Hint #2. YOUR IT!

Making stuff up? So pointing out that the Knicks had a 80-166 record, after he broke up the team to create his own vision, is made up? The fact that he hired inexperienced coaches(just so he could guarantee the institution of his triangle), that was made up? The fact he failed at putting a well rounded team together..3 TIMES in 3 YEARS, that made up? The fact he built around the F***n dinasour of a Trinagle, eventhough everyone knew it would not be around much longer, that was made up? The fact he let "Non Triangle" fitting guys go for nothing yet they went on to win a chip and even get $18M a year from a team. The fact he brought on, broken down, players to help do nothing but get hurt, thats made up? How was his relationship with the young franchise? But you saying Melo was our biggest problem, over and over again, even when he was our best player, thats not? LMAO. I like you, Your funny. Its always fun talking to you.

BTW. I am dissapointed in you. You stole my copy and paste line that I used to put you down. But makes sense. Cuz that all you do. If your gonna be a real troll, you have to be more creative!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
meloshouldgo

7/28/2017  9:39 AM
You decide a players value based on all star appearances and you judge posters based on their screen handles, it's consistent. Add to that you inability to comprehend that I neither like Phil not condone ALL his moves, shows that stupid isn't a fixable problem, and not for lack of trying. Keep up the good work with your click bait Lin hate
HofstraBBall

7/28/2017  5:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2017  5:17 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:You decide a players value based on all star appearances and you judge posters based on their screen handles, it's consistent. Add to that you inability to comprehend that I neither like Phil not condone ALL his moves, shows that stupid isn't a fixable problem, and not for lack of trying. Keep up the good work with your click bait Lin hate

Great retort. Truly retorted. Than why did you spend all that post calling a very good poster a troll just because he posts obvious Phil shortcomings? Yet you seem to only come out anytime your hairs stand up. When you sense someone is saying something positive about our best player. That's the definition of trolling.

And when did I mention your boy? Which btw, I have said many times, I don't hate Lin. Just dislike the guys that blame Melo for Lin leavimg and not the fact he went to Houston to get that ridiculous contract. Nothing wrong with him choosing money over the Knicks. That what Pro athletes are suppose to do.

meloshouldgo

7/28/2017  6:30 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:You decide a players value based on all star appearances and you judge posters based on their screen handles, it's consistent. Add to that you inability to comprehend that I neither like Phil not condone ALL his moves, shows that stupid isn't a fixable problem, and not for lack of trying. Keep up the good work with your click bait Lin hate

Great retort. Truly retorted. Than why did you spend all that post calling a very good poster a troll just because he posts obvious Phil shortcomings? Yet you seem to only come out anytime your hairs stand up. When you sense someone is saying something positive about our best player. That's the definition of trolling.

And when did I mention your boy? Which btw, I have said many times, I don't hate Lin. Just dislike the guys that blame Melo for Lin leavimg and not the fact he went to Houston to get that ridiculous contract. Nothing wrong with him choosing money over the Knicks. That what Pro athletes are suppose to do.

LOL - as I keep pointing out you need reading skills. He has made entire threads out of a single tweets by a complete non persons because they said something completely unsubstantiated and negative about Phil. I also said when you call our trolls they'll likely call you one as well, which you have been doing consistently for the last three posts. But it's ok, we can tell you don't hae Lin 😂😂😂😂, at least I am not a hypocrite about my emotions. I fukking HATE Melo, deal with it.

HofstraBBall

7/28/2017  6:38 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

LOL - as I keep pointing out you need reading skills. He has made entire threads out of a single tweets by a complete non persons because they said something completely unsubstantiated and negative about Phil. I also said when you call our trolls they'll likely call you one as well, which you have been doing consistently for the last three posts. But it's ok, we can tell you don't hae Lin 😂😂😂😂, at least I am not a hypocrite about my emotions. I fukking HATE Melo, deal with it.

Wait..you hate melo? Funny yet you wasted all that time arguing your not a troll. Lmao.

Btw. This is what Melo haters do when they hear anything good about Melo.

Melo dont want Kyrie in NYC

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy