Melo dont want Kyrie in NYC
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

7/27/2017  3:34 PM
Uptown wrote:
reub wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:This makes him a bad person?!

It makes him a selfish person. Is that bad?

Why? Because he has a NTC and he is utilizing it? Also, Houston was the prefered destination before the Kyrie trade demand...

There is nothing in his contract that obligates us to trade him to Houston.

AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/27/2017  3:49 PM
reub wrote:
Uptown wrote:
reub wrote:

Why? Because he has a NTC and he is utilizing it? Also, Houston was the prefered destination before the Kyrie trade demand...

But the NTC obligates us to trade him where he wants to go. He only wants Houston at this point. Either trade him to Houston or keep him.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/27/2017  4:11 PM
reub wrote:

It's selfish to decide where you want to work?

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/27/2017  4:14 PM
reub wrote:
Uptown wrote:
reub wrote:

NOPE! Nothing at all. Melo can't force the Knicks to take a bad deal.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/27/2017  4:19 PM
nixluva wrote:
reub wrote:
Uptown wrote:
reub wrote:

i think he uses his ntc for any trades that are not to the rockets. He is either a Knick or a rocket at the start of the season.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/27/2017  4:26 PM
nixluva wrote:
reub wrote:
Uptown wrote:
reub wrote:

You mean other than forcing us to keep him?
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/27/2017  4:45 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
reub wrote:

It's selfish to decide where you want to work?

It makes him a smart person.
I do not blame him for being stupid about his carrier path before.
He was corrupt by his surrounding and MSG corporate mafia...
But he is coming to his own.
Live is a great teacher.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/27/2017  4:46 PM
I can't see how melo or kyrie can report to their respective teams for training camp..it would probably take a serious sit down with world wide west
ES
arkrud
USA
7/27/2017  4:48 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
reub wrote:
Uptown wrote:
reub wrote:

You mean other than forcing us to keep him?

Why this is a bad deal. He is great player.
He can make more buckets for us.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
USA
7/27/2017  5:01 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I can't see how melo or kyrie can report to their respective teams for training camp..it would probably take a serious sit down with world wide west

Not sure why its an issue.
Just play the game sucka!!!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/27/2017  5:05 PM
Im just not seeing Kyrie as a star player.
He is Marbury? Francis (in prime)? Smallish strong guys with incredible one on one skills but not a CP3/Nash/Kidd type who makes those around better.

As for Melo and the OP on this thread, its a business. Melo is not a bad person for doing what he is doing. Its just business.
All this can and will go on for a while and fans impatient will just have to wait.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/27/2017  5:06 PM
At this point if clevland is willing to do a kyrie for melo and picks swap. You tell melo your going to Cleveland or you can suit up for us.... end of story . Melo has zero pull because we don't have to trade him . If he wants out he's going to have to sacrifice.

Again F U C K melo he'll go where we can get the most value or he can put his knick uniform on and shut up

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/27/2017  5:09 PM
Uptown wrote:
reub wrote:
Uptown wrote:
reub wrote:

But the NTC obligates us to trade him where he wants to go. He only wants Houston at this point. Either trade him to Houston or keep him.

That's where the Knicks have leverage.... if Melo truly wants out and the Knicks refuse to make a bad trade then Melo needs to explore options.... if Melo stays the backlash only hurts him. The Knicks are rebuilding. We can survive another season of bull**** until Melo ops out

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/27/2017  5:25 PM
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Seems that Melo wants to go to the Cavs with James, Irving, and himself because he sees that team as having a more legitimate chance to win a title.

Lebron's reaction to Irving leaving, and the potential that he might leave the Cavs would be another issue.

I think Melo wants to be in a situation where he can OPT IN the final year of his contract. Melo knows that if he is on the Cavs and James leaves, hbe, Melo, will have to opt out, and will probably never get the same amount of $$ that he is leaving on the table, especially if his body continues to decline.

Rose is an example to look at. He is, in some ways, similar to Melo in that he has tremendous scoring ability, but does little else to help a team. Yes, he wanted to be on a team with a chance to go to a title, but teams were not exactly beating down his door to offer him a contract. You have to believe that Anthony might be in a similar situation, with little chance of picking up a $20M+ contract if he opts out early and goes on the market.

If you believe he is more concerned about money than a title, this might be a way to look at his decision to shy away from the Cavs.

Given what we know about Melo and his love for money, I think this is much closer to the truth. He will go to the team that gives him the best chance to opt in, still be relevant and then get as big a contract as he can after two years.

Who doesnt love money? Who doesnt want all the money owed to them? Phil jackson only took the job after Dolan threw more money at him. The theme of Melo and his money is pure nonsense. It applies to most athletes and execs, not just Melo...

You think he would opt out after next year and be willing to take the kind of money Rose is getting this year from the Cavs in order to finally make it to Houston? You think he gives up $25M to play for a title in Houston in 2018?

Going to be a combination of winning and $$. If James is gone from the Cavs after next year, and the only way Melo can get to the Cavs is to be traded for Irving, I would say there is NO way he goes to the Cavs.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
arkrud
USA
7/27/2017  6:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/27/2017  6:11 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Seems that Melo wants to go to the Cavs with James, Irving, and himself because he sees that team as having a more legitimate chance to win a title.

Lebron's reaction to Irving leaving, and the potential that he might leave the Cavs would be another issue.

I think Melo wants to be in a situation where he can OPT IN the final year of his contract. Melo knows that if he is on the Cavs and James leaves, hbe, Melo, will have to opt out, and will probably never get the same amount of $$ that he is leaving on the table, especially if his body continues to decline.

Rose is an example to look at. He is, in some ways, similar to Melo in that he has tremendous scoring ability, but does little else to help a team. Yes, he wanted to be on a team with a chance to go to a title, but teams were not exactly beating down his door to offer him a contract. You have to believe that Anthony might be in a similar situation, with little chance of picking up a $20M+ contract if he opts out early and goes on the market.

If you believe he is more concerned about money than a title, this might be a way to look at his decision to shy away from the Cavs.

Given what we know about Melo and his love for money, I think this is much closer to the truth. He will go to the team that gives him the best chance to opt in, still be relevant and then get as big a contract as he can after two years.

Who doesnt love money? Who doesnt want all the money owed to them? Phil jackson only took the job after Dolan threw more money at him. The theme of Melo and his money is pure nonsense. It applies to most athletes and execs, not just Melo...

You think he would opt out after next year and be willing to take the kind of money Rose is getting this year from the Cavs in order to finally make it to Houston? You think he gives up $25M to play for a title in Houston in 2018?

Going to be a combination of winning and $$. If James is gone from the Cavs after next year, and the only way Melo can get to the Cavs is to be traded for Irving, I would say there is NO way he goes to the Cavs.

I do not believe he will opt out.
He will ask for buyout again and will need to stay and became an expiring.
Then we will trade him as cap space or will have cap space our-self.
His time is now or never.
If he will not compromise big time he will retire as Knick.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
7/27/2017  6:30 PM
I think Melo prefers to be with his buds. If he goes to Cavs LeBron will leave and Kyrie gone too. It's what he deserves but brand would take a hit...
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/27/2017  6:36 PM
Melo is most likely a decent enough person who is sick of NY. There is nothing wrong with that. He has everg right to take advantage of his NTC, that the Knicks gave to him. It's a little head scratching that he's willing to leave his family after presenting himself as a family-man, after all of these years. He is being annoying as hell for not expanding his list even just a tiny bit. Only Houston? Really? Not even Golden State???

He has his flaws and positive and negative attributes, just like the rest of us.

I personally gained a lot of respect for him when he stood up for Mike Woodson when nobody else would.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
7/27/2017  6:51 PM
Melo don't want Kyrie here and I don't want Kyrie here. Knicks have always been best when they have had pass first PGs facilitator is more important than a scoring Point guard.
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/27/2017  7:03 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:Melo is most likely a decent enough person who is sick of NY. There is nothing wrong with that. He has everg right to take advantage of his NTC, that the Knicks gave to him. It's a little head scratching that he's willing to leave his family after presenting himself as a family-man, after all of these years. He is being annoying as hell for not expanding his list even just a tiny bit. Only Houston? Really? Not even Golden State???

He has his flaws and positive and negative attributes, just like the rest of us.

I personally gained a lot of respect for him when he stood up for Mike Woodson when nobody else would.

Who has had his back in the front office, phil's last words about melo was he(melo) didn't want to go nowhere.
At that point, trades talk should have stopped (at least publicly). I have never seen a team push so hard to get a player out who has a NTC.

Now that you can't get a favorable trade you wanna talk, you want to incorporate me back into your plans.

ES
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/27/2017  7:17 PM
It's an entirely f'ed up situation. Very ugly.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Melo dont want Kyrie in NYC

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy