Member: #6239

7/26/2017  10:45 AM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
arkrud wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:So they finally get their man. Crabbe owes the Nets for that huge contract. I wonder if this means that Lin is a goner.

Why would Lin be a goner?

They need more parts and now they have 3 guards in Lin, Russell and Crabbe. Russell and Crabbe are big gets and Lin can bring them back a good player in another position.

I know I am going to get roasted for this but a trade for Lin and Whitehead for Lance Thomas and KOQ would benefit both teams. Lin can be the PG that can mentor Frank.

If Melo is gone this can be a possibility.
Some Lin haters will have a heart-attack

Already did. Thank god for my Lin Defibrillators. . Btw. We don't hate Lin, just dislike strongly, the guys that blame Melo for ruining their Lin dream sequence.

Would actually like to see Lin here. But only to play with Melo and show everyone that players aversion to one another is usually exaggerated.

Would want to see someone with similar attributes mentor Frank.

Yes, what Frankie N needs is a shoot first PG who can't control his turnovers and is defensively problematic. Maybe Lin teaches him NBA hairstyling?

The Nets; they follow trading an expiring Brooke Lopez contract to take on $48 million dollars worth of Moz with this trade. But I always liked DRussell though. Should be a great 1 or 2 year rental!

Now that's the way to tank!

Then can't tank this year. Pick to Celtics.

The gift that keeps on giving.
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/26/2017  10:46 AM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
arkrud wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:So they finally get their man. Crabbe owes the Nets for that huge contract. I wonder if this means that Lin is a goner.

They need more parts and now they have 3 guards in Lin, Russell and Crabbe. Russell and Crabbe are big gets and Lin can bring them back a good player in another position.

I know I am going to get roasted for this but a trade for Lin and Whitehead for Lance Thomas and KOQ would benefit both teams. Lin can be the PG that can mentor Frank.

Already did. Thank god for my Lin Defibrillators. . Btw. We don't hate Lin, just dislike strongly, the guys that blame Melo for ruining their Lin dream sequence.

Would actually like to see Lin here. But only to play with Melo and show everyone that players aversion to one another is usually exaggerated.

Yes, what Frankie N needs is a shoot first PG who can't control his turnovers and is defensively problematic. Maybe Lin teaches him NBA hairstyling?

The Nets; they follow trading an expiring Brooke Lopez contract to take on $48 million dollars worth of Moz with this trade. But I always liked DRussell though. Should be a great 1 or 2 year rental!

My bad.

No wonder Jeremy's predicting playoffs!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/26/2017  10:51 AM
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
arkrud wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:

Nets are years away from doing anything and you can't attract top tier free agents if you don't have a team to build with.
You can't make trades if you don't have assets to do so. BroPez for Russell was a good trade even if it meant bringing Mozzy. They needed a center.
Seems Mozzy is tradable if he is healthy and playing well. Do you know who has a championship ring? Timofy!!!!
Im not close to suggesting Nets are better than knicks but there plan is rather smart as tanking does nothing for them this year. best thing they can do is develop yoot and be crative.
They are doing a pretty good job on paper.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/26/2017  10:56 AM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:So it wouldn't be great if we found someone we could just dump Noah's contract on?
No that would be sad. It would be much better for the Knicks if he could get healthy.

It might be approaching idiotic analogies, but...

It would have been much better if we actually got the Seattle playoffs Jerome James.

It would have been much better if we got the baby Shaq Eddy Curry.

Noah had a brief flash of rebounding brilliance, but being injured two or three times and then getting suspended is enough for me. Our blessed media is deeming the DRose Knick experiment a failure, I think you have enough now to do the same to Noah's "tenure".

It would be great if we could find someone to dump Noah on and get Robin Lopez back somehow. Improves us instantly and would allow Mills to pitch another loaf into Phil's latte.

Crabbe is 25, healthy, and seen as a rising talent by nets who paired with D'angelo and given a solid role could be a good player.
One that is over paid, but a good player.
In time his contract due to inflation might be reasonable if he plays up.
To rid of Noah and "Dump him" are you willing to give up a player or a first round pick?
Crabbe is an asset. Noah if he does not heal is a liability . Crabbe is not a liability.
Portland can correct a mistake (still stretching 21 million) because crabbe can play, is young and healthy.

Knicks can dump Noah because________________?
1. You wannit to happen?
2. Because its a good idea when half baked?
3. Obscure writing style makes it not a factual statement, but a fashion statement?

Fixed; does that editing job above make things a bit clearer, factually, and fashion-wise?

Crabbe, D'angelo and a suddenly Linsane Lin gives Brooklyn a kind of Phoenix looking backcourt full of bounce and scoring. Probably alot more fun to watch than 5 against Brooke every night.

Knicks should dump Noah because:
1) He's lived up to being injured more than being healthy.
2) I cannot stand his free throw shooting, factually, fashionably or otherwise.
3) He got himself suspended.

Three strikes. We found someone to take Eddy Curry, we found someone to take Jerome James.

y2zipper
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3287

7/26/2017  11:26 AM
Nalod wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
arkrud wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:

Nets are years away from doing anything and you can't attract top tier free agents if you don't have a team to build with.
You can't make trades if you don't have assets to do so. BroPez for Russell was a good trade even if it meant bringing Mozzy. They needed a center.
Seems Mozzy is tradable if he is healthy and playing well. Do you know who has a championship ring? Timofy!!!!
Im not close to suggesting Nets are better than knicks but there plan is rather smart as tanking does nothing for them this year. best thing they can do is develop yoot and be crative.

The Nets are using the strategy the Kings used a few years ago where they're taking on contracts that other teams don't want to get assets from other teams with their cap space. They have to accumulate assets after the Celtics disaster.

I liked that Lopez trade for the Nets and it's a whiff for the Lakers unless they actually get a free agent to sign. Lopez is a free agent at the end of the year and Brooklyn gets a young player with upside in Russell and Mosgov can be a stop-gap starter for now even though it's a bad deal. They also took picks to take on Carrol.

This Crabbe trade makes no sense at all without picking up an asset, though.

Nalod
USA
7/26/2017  11:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/26/2017  12:00 PM
y2zipper wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
arkrud wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:

The Nets are using the strategy the Kings used a few years ago where they're taking on contracts that other teams don't want to get assets from other teams with their cap space. They have to accumulate assets after the Celtics disaster.

I liked that Lopez trade for the Nets and it's a whiff for the Lakers unless they actually get a free agent to sign. Lopez is a free agent at the end of the year and Brooklyn gets a young player with upside in Russell and Mosgov can be a stop-gap starter for now even though it's a bad deal. They also took picks to take on Carrol.

Crabbe is the asset. Portland saved 44million dollars.
Crabbe is not awful.

http://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/#!?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Totals&sort=FG3_PCT&dir=-1&CF=FG3A*GE*200

His contract is two years guaranteed with the 4th year player. option.
http://www.spotrac.com/nba/brooklyn-nets/allen-crabbe-13344/

Over priced perhaps. If he avg's 17pts a night he is then about 3-5 million overpriced?
This is not a trade that makes the nets playoff contenders, but it makes them a bit more competitive.
This is how the NBA works, teams can dump contracts and teams can accumulate them and tread water.
Isiah wrote the book on how NOT to do this.

My bad, I edited this because its a player option.......

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/26/2017  11:58 AM
Nalod wrote:
y2zipper wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
arkrud wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:

Crabbe is the asset. Portland saved 44million dollars.
Crabbe is not awful.

http://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/#!?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Totals&sort=FG3_PCT&dir=-1&CF=FG3A*GE*200

His contract is two years guaranteed with the 4 year TEAM option.
http://www.spotrac.com/nba/brooklyn-nets/allen-crabbe-13344/

Over priced perhaps. If he avg's 17pts a night he is then about 3-5 million overpriced?
Next season he can be trade fodder for a team making a playoff run and wants a sniper on the court.
This is not a trade that makes the nets playoff contenders, but it makes them a bit more competitive.
This is how the NBA works, teams can dump contracts and teams can accumulate them and tread water.
Isiah wrote the book on how NOT to do this.

I agree. They like Crabbe and targeted him. They were able to get Nichol's deal off of their cap. Teams have to overpay for rfas. The Nets had to wait a year but dumped a contract and got their guy. It is an overpay but they wanted him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
y2zipper
Member: #3287

7/26/2017  6:03 PM
My point was I just don't agree with the evaluation that Crabbe is an asset. He's a good shooter, but besides that he doesn't and has never shown anything that should lead Brooklyn to believe that he's an NBA starter. At least with Hardaway we've actually seen a season-long sample size where Hardaway played at starter-level and a smaller sample size where he was better than that. They didn't really give up anything except money to get him, but I don't think that's going to work out.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/26/2017  11:27 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
USA
7/27/2017  11:14 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

he has been passive about this before to gauge the market. Seemed he had a passion about the team at first and was more involved.
I "blame" him as much as Billy King for the teams problems. Lets be real, you don't go all in with those kind of decisions without the blessing of the owner!!!!
I know a few of you like to blame the GM for a teams problems but employees don't spend hundreds of millions on empoyee contracts without the owners blessing and involvement!!!
They bought the team, rebranded it in BKN and WENT FOR IT!! Kudos for trying. Good decisions, risky decisions bad outcome. Yes, we all saw it because we all saw the risk they took.
Its like Amare, we all saw that:

PHX would only go three years.
If We only went 4, he just as soon stay in PHX.
WE went to five. He HAD to come to NYC.
COntract was not insured. Logic says this is risky.

We all saw Pierce and KG were on the decline. We didn't see Deron falling apart, Bropez foot problems, Johnson took a step back and the funny thing was it all might have been much better if they had not gone for Gerald Wallace which cost them Damian Lillard had they picked him at the 8!!!

If Nyets had stole a title from Miami they would have owned NYC Basketball for a new generation that only knows Knicks as laughing stock! Bandwagon fans and more important their children would have been fans for generations. Thats how it works. Im a knick fan because of 1971-1972 and 1973 season.

I root for knicks first but would like very much for nets to put a competitive team together and have meaninful games with knicks!!! and.......
Rather they beat Philly and Boston!!!

Nets are getting Crabbe

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy