Nets are getting Crabbe
Author Thread
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

7/25/2017  3:31 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Blazers have to have something else up their sleave, otherwise it's not great- they matched the contract last year, then ended up moving him for no assets and having to stretch the player they got back leaving a $3mil audience ear cap hit for 7 years

"Portland will see their current luxury tax bill drop from $48.3M to $4.4M"

$44m ... a year ... in their pockets isn't great?

My point is they could have accomplished that by not matching last offseason- now they have an extra $3mil for no gain. Unless they pull off a melo related deal with the rockets

No, they made a terrible 2016 deal.

But a great 2017 one.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/25/2017  3:35 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Blazers have to have something else up their sleave, otherwise it's not great- they matched the contract last year, then ended up moving him for no assets and having to stretch the player they got back leaving a $3mil audience ear cap hit for 7 years

how is it great? They match Crabbe, pay him $20mm, dont advance, team doesnt improve, then they trade the player to the team that first offered the deal and they stretch Nichols. How is that good? I mean which part of that says great job? Great job getting out of the stupid contract you signed him to in the first place?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/25/2017  3:37 PM
arkrud wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:So they finally get their man. Crabbe owes the Nets for that huge contract. I wonder if this means that Lin is a goner.

Why would Lin be a goner?

They need more parts and now they have 3 guards in Lin, Russell and Crabbe. Russell and Crabbe are big gets and Lin can bring them back a good player in another position.

I know I am going to get roasted for this but a trade for Lin and Whitehead for Lance Thomas and KOQ would benefit both teams. Lin can be the PG that can mentor Frank.

If Melo is gone this can be a possibility.
Some Lin haters will have a heart-attack

Already did. Thank god for my Lin Defibrillators. . Btw. We don't hate Lin, just dislike strongly, the guys that blame Melo for ruining their Lin dream sequence.

Would actually like to see Lin here. But only to play with Melo and show everyone that players aversion to one another is usually exaggerated.

Would want to see someone with similar attributes mentor Frank.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
USA
7/25/2017  3:45 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

My point is they could have accomplished that by not matching last offseason- now they have an extra $3mil for no gain. Unless they pull off a melo related deal with the rockets

But a great 2017 one.

deal sucks for everyone. Nets get a young player who can shoot the 3. So could Jose Calderon. The guy does nothing else, and he doesnt shoot it enough to move the needle. $19mm a year for this guy. He doesnt take it to the hole. The biased covered of Crabbe vs. Hardaway is spot on. Knicks are stupid for overpaying. Nets are smart for creating something out of nothing. Blazers are smart for saving money... the savings they lost because they agreed to an $80mm contract for a role player.
Knickoftime

7/25/2017  3:50 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

But a great 2017 one.

deal sucks for everyone. Nets get a young player who can shoot the 3. So could Jose Calderon. The guy does nothing else, and he doesnt shoot it enough to move the needle. $19mm a year for this guy. He doesnt take it to the hole. The biased covered of Crabbe vs. Hardaway is spot on. Knicks are stupid for overpaying. Nets are smart for creating something out of nothing. Blazers are smart for saving money... the savings they lost because they agreed to an $80mm contract for a role player.

I don't get the thing where people can't regard transactions for what they are. Portland can't hold onto mistakes trying to justify the original move.

They made a huge mistake last year. No argument.

They got out of a very large portion of it this year.

It is good for them in 2017.

Last year's signing was terrible.

This year's trade was great.

Both things can be true at he same time.

Knickoftime

7/25/2017  3:52 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

But a great 2017 one.

deal sucks for everyone.

Crabbe sucked for Portland and his deal sucked in 2016-17.

This... today's deal is great for them.

fishmike
USA
7/25/2017  4:06 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

But a great 2017 one.

I don't get the thing where people can't regard transactions for what they are. Portland can't hold onto mistakes trying to justify the original move.

there is nothing great about undo-ing your own mistake. This is a no brainer deal for Portland... I certainly agree on that. Does this make them a better BB team? Make them younger? A better future? None of that. Its a cap move to undo a prior phuck up. Not impressed.

In your opinion, is this a better transaction for the Nets than the THjr signing was for the KNicks?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/25/2017  4:10 PM
I know its Nets and we love to point at teams that potentially make dumber moves than us as it makes us feel better, but in the case of both Hardaway and Crabbe, shouldn't we wait to see what these guys can do with starter minutes over a season with a set commitment to them from day one in camp? Crabbe avged 28 min a game on a team that did make the playoffs. Contract for Crabbe is not one year lessor.

Good deal? well, for a team crawling from a bad place who has to be creative the system does work to some extent. Lousy teams SHOULD have cap space to absorb some talent. Overpriced talent is still talent. Kid is 25 still.

Knickoftime

7/25/2017  4:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2017  4:22 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

But a great 2017 one.

there is nothing great about undo-ing your own mistake.

I think you'd feel different after being given a chance to undo a mistake you made.

This is a no brainer deal for Portland... I certainly agree on that.

I called it a great deal. We arguing over adjectives?

Does this make them a better BB team? Make them younger? A better future? None of that.

Given I didn't say it was any of those things, you're talking to the wrong guy.

In alternate universe, Knicks fans are arguing with one another over whether a deal sending Noah to the Nets is great for the Knicks or nott.

In your opinion, is this a better transaction for the Nets than the THjr signing was for the KNicks?

No.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/26/2017  5:38 AM
What the heck are the Nets doing?
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/26/2017  6:51 AM
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

But a great 2017 one.

there is nothing great about undo-ing your own mistake. This is a no brainer deal for Portland... I certainly agree on that. Does this make them a better BB team? Make them younger? A better future? None of that. Its a cap move to undo a prior phuck up. Not impressed.

So it wouldn't be great if we found someone we could just dump Noah's contract on?
Nalod
USA
7/26/2017  8:04 AM
BRIGGS wrote:What the heck are the Nets doing?
Money is an asset that can be used to acquire talent. They believe in Crabbe. 25 years old and three years left on his deal.
They don't have their own organic pick to rebuild on.
fishmike
USA
7/26/2017  8:31 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

But a great 2017 one.

I think you'd feel different after being given a chance to undo a mistake you made.

Does this make them a better BB team? Make them younger? A better future? None of that.

In alternate universe, Knicks fans are arguing with one another over whether a deal sending Noah to the Nets is great for the Knicks or nott.

No.

adjectives are important. If a move that doesnt make the team any better, younger or yield any returning assets is great, what do you call a trade that actually accomplishes those things?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTqXEQ2l-Y

fishmike
USA
7/26/2017  8:33 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

But a great 2017 one.

So it wouldn't be great if we found someone we could just dump Noah's contract on?
No that would be sad. It would be much better for the Knicks if he could get healthy.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/26/2017  8:44 AM
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

But a great 2017 one.

No that would be sad. It would be much better for the Knicks if he could get healthy.

It might be approaching idiotic analogies, but...

It would have been much better if we actually got the Seattle playoffs Jerome James.

It would have been much better if we got the baby Shaq Eddy Curry.

Noah had a brief flash of rebounding brilliance, but being injured two or three times and then getting suspended is enough for me. Our blessed media is deeming the DRose Knick experiment a failure, I think you have enough now to do the same to Noah's "tenure".

It would be great if we could find someone to dump Noah on and get Robin Lopez back somehow. Improves us instantly and would allow Mills to pitch another loaf into Phil's latte.

knicks1248
Member: #582
7/26/2017  8:45 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

But a great 2017 one.

right, it took them all of 1 off season to unload a mistake, while it will take us NOAH's entire contract to unload our mistake.

ES
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/26/2017  9:32 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
arkrud wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:So they finally get their man. Crabbe owes the Nets for that huge contract. I wonder if this means that Lin is a goner.

They need more parts and now they have 3 guards in Lin, Russell and Crabbe. Russell and Crabbe are big gets and Lin can bring them back a good player in another position.

I know I am going to get roasted for this but a trade for Lin and Whitehead for Lance Thomas and KOQ would benefit both teams. Lin can be the PG that can mentor Frank.

Already did. Thank god for my Lin Defibrillators. . Btw. We don't hate Lin, just dislike strongly, the guys that blame Melo for ruining their Lin dream sequence.

Would actually like to see Lin here. But only to play with Melo and show everyone that players aversion to one another is usually exaggerated.

Yes, what Frankie N needs is a shoot first PG who can't control his turnovers and is defensively problematic. Maybe Lin teaches him NBA hairstyling?

The Nets; they follow trading an expiring Brooke Lopez contract to take on $48 million dollars worth of Moz with this trade. But I always liked DRussell though. Should be a great 1 or 2 year rental!

Now that's the way to tank!

Nalod
USA
7/26/2017  10:38 AM
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

But a great 2017 one.

It might be approaching idiotic analogies, but...

It would have been much better if we actually got the Seattle playoffs Jerome James.

It would have been much better if we got the baby Shaq Eddy Curry.

Noah had a brief flash of rebounding brilliance, but being injured two or three times and then getting suspended is enough for me. Our blessed media is deeming the DRose Knick experiment a failure, I think you have enough now to do the same to Noah's "tenure".

It would be great if we could find someone to dump Noah on and get Robin Lopez back somehow. Improves us instantly and would allow Mills to pitch another loaf into Phil's latte.

Crabbe is 25, healthy, and seen as a rising talent by nets who paired with D'angelo and given a solid role could be a good player.
One that is over paid, but a good player.
In time his contract due to inflation might be reasonable if he plays up.
To rid of Noah and "Dump him" are you willing to give up a player or a first round pick?
Crabbe is an asset. Noah if he does not heal is a liability . Crabbe is not a liability.
Portland can correct a mistake (still stretching 21 million) because crabbe can play, is young and healthy.

Knicks can dump Noah because________________?
1. You wannit to happen?
2. Because its a good idea when half baked?
3. Obscure writing style makes it not a factual statement, but a fashion statement?

Nalod
USA
7/26/2017  10:39 AM
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
arkrud wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:

Yes, what Frankie N needs is a shoot first PG who can't control his turnovers and is defensively problematic. Maybe Lin teaches him NBA hairstyling?

The Nets; they follow trading an expiring Brooke Lopez contract to take on $48 million dollars worth of Moz with this trade. But I always liked DRussell though. Should be a great 1 or 2 year rental!

Now that's the way to tank!

Then can't tank this year. Pick to Celtics.

Knickoftime

7/26/2017  10:45 AM
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

But a great 2017 one.

No.

adjectives are important. If a move that doesnt make the team any better, younger or yield any returning assets is great, what do you call a trade that actually accomplishes those things?

Great.

Also.

I'm unaware of any rule dictating a superlative has only one specific use.

Portland is first and foremost a commercial enterprise. They just saved a potential $43m a year for 3 years with little to any negative impact on the floor. For them that's [a superlative]. Fill that in any way you personally like. No skin off my nose.

Nets are getting Crabbe

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy