[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dallas is our vet PG trade partner
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
7/24/2017  8:40 PM
They have D Smith, Yogi, Barea, D Harris, and Curry. 5 PGs/combo guards. They are light in their front court. Barea and Harris both make money similar to O'Quinn and Kuz. Both fit the mold of vet PGs who can act as stop gap starter until Ntilikina is ready. Not sure what the exact trade is, but i think there is a deal to be had somewhere in there that makes sense for both teams.
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/25/2017  8:32 AM
Barea would be fun since he's Puerto Rican.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/25/2017  10:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2017  10:10 AM
I like this post.

Barea and Harris are the ones they'd likely value the least.

It would be cool for us to grab either one.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/25/2017  10:24 AM
Barea? ageing midgets are not good acquisitions.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/25/2017  10:56 AM
I would only want Curry. Briggs agrees
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/25/2017  10:59 AM
Nalod wrote:Barea? ageing midgets are not good acquisitions.

Maybe we can get Nate Robinson back.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/25/2017  11:02 AM
Barea knows how to play the game. The guy could teach Frank a ton.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/25/2017  11:02 AM
I dont like any of these guys... Someone like Rondo might have been interesting. Let him learn from Jeff. He knows a thing about playing guard.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/25/2017  11:12 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:

Nate is still dunking the basketball with the same athleticism.... would be fun to get him back as well

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/25/2017  11:37 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Nate is still dunking the basketball with the same athleticism.... would be fun to get him back as well

Welpee
Member: #6239

7/25/2017  12:16 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

You can have him. We had his sideshow here once, that's enough for me.
RonRon
Member: #246
7/25/2017  12:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2017  1:00 PM
I agree that Dallas has makes a decent trade partner just as long as we DO NOT give out assets and overpay for one, there are many available players that I think we can find
LOVED BAREA when he was younger, 1 season before he won with Dallas and for a few years after when he was signed by Twovles and returned to Dallas, not sure about now but he has put up some good numbers not too long ago, either last year or the season before

Derrick Rose took a gamble and wanted no RETURN to The Knicks, however, Phil Jackson might have given him a very good 2year deal if he was still running things *for Rose*

HARD to analyze since we had "interest" in every FA out there according to the "rumors"
But with Mills, I think he would have possibly resigned him to a cap friendly deal in hopes of trading him for assets at some point with a deal much lower than PHIL's
Though Phil Jackson probably would imagined CA to be out of the Knicks and therefore would play though Rose MORE and possibly would NOT be the same player with an UNHAPPY KP last season

i like the "misfits" of New York NETS, the non guaranteed contracts or/and cap friendly deals

Lin
Russell

Isiah Whitehead

* I think both Sean Kilpatrick/Dwinwidie would have FULL BIRD RIGHTS according to SPOTRAC if they released them and we picked em up or traded to for them, at least have early bird rights too*
But signing such players to cap friendly deals is much needed to our direction we are heading...

Sean Kilpatrick *I Feel HE FITS IN WITH Jeff's philosophy of wanting to push the tempo, ability to penetrate/facilitate/create his own shot and for the team
ON TOP OF THAT he can mentor Frank as he was undrafted and had to work his way back in to the NBA, improve on his weakness's, and work on his strengths
While Lin and others were OUT last season, for a small sample size, he played VERY WELL,

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2488689/sean-kilpatrick

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/brooklyn-nets/sean-kilpatrick-15922/

Spencer Dwinwidie while more of a shooter he has great size as well as DEFENSIVE abilities with his size/length

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2580782/spencer-dinwiddie

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/brooklyn-nets/spencer-dinwiddie-15390/

Archie Goodwin *played for Coach Horn on the Sun's* and was once a prospect as a combo guard that hasn't developed a NBA LEGIT RANGE

G/F's

Caris LeVert
Rhonda Hollis Jefferson
Joe Harris *contract year*

in Addition to DeMaRRe CaRRoLL who has 2moe years left on his contract

With LeVert, RHJ, Joe Harris *contract year*, and Carroll SF/PF,
So with the addition of Russell and a healthy Lin, with Whitehead being locked in to multiple years already
They are likely to cut, waive, trade Sean Kilpatrick, Spencer Dwinwiddie,

Some other options are

Isiah Cannon

Sessions *like JJ BAREA* who IMO was under rated throughout their careers

Deron Williams think he will join a playoff contender unless NYK throws him a contract much more than the VET MIN
Assuming we would have cap space left after trading CA, I would much rather look to use that cap space to look for HIGH UPSIDE TALENTS to stash on multiyear deals like Christian Wood or SF's than an AGING Williams who
"DID NOT LIKE NYK's city life while he was in Brooklyn"

It is OBVIOUS that we would much rather have Rose on a similar contract than Deron Williams however, neither would likely sign to rebuild in NYK with such a low contract $$$
As much as I like Baker, I would much rather have Rose on such a contract and see if we can still keep Baker on a lower price

Then there are the summer leaguers
======================================

Dwight Byucks

other players that i do not know the names to this second
some of which played for Dallas/Lakers

Ding CBA player that played well for Dallas as a G/F, kind of like a BAKER at the G/F position that is Chinese

Previous Drafts/UNDRAFTED
===================================

can we find the NEXT Tyler Johnson or continued development/rehabilitate talents like Livingston, or the under rated careers of a YOUNG SESSIONS *who improved every year and had a career and journey through out the entire NBA and through out his entire career and was VERY UNDER RATED

Mike James *the YOUNG ONE that I think The Sun's signed to a training camp deal or possible unguaranteed deal*

Quinn Cook *ex Dukie that played 4years that we once had interest in during the Phil Saga*

Norris Cole
Tony Douglas

Markel Brown

Anthony Brown
Jabari Brown

Reasonable TRADES??
With the cap space we have after a CA trade, that I would NOT USE DRAFT PICKS on except for 1 2nd rounder at best but unlikely to even do so....

Will Barton with Jameer Nelson who was the BEST POINT GUARD LAST SEASON for the Denver Nuggets, outplaying the player I once wanted to draft in Mudiay
DJ Augustine

Semaj Christian
Terry Rozier/Marcus Smart

TJ Warren to play point forward but is in a contract year, while I wouldn't give up draft picks for him, he is someone to keep an eye on
Especially if we do in fact get mixed in to a trade with The Sun's/Cleveland

Shabazz Muhumadd which TWOLVES pulled their QO to make him a UFA that we can possibly sign to a cap friendly deal or even a VET MIN deal after we move CA, however I WOULD PREFER NO PLAYER OPTIONS

To give BRIGGS CREDIT, he had many mentions of many of these players, including Seth Curry, Christian Wood, TJ Warren

Welpee
Member: #6239

7/25/2017  12:18 PM
fishmike wrote:I dont like any of these guys... Someone like Rondo might have been interesting. Let him learn from Jeff. He knows a thing about playing guard.
I agree. Besides, it's not so much having someone teach Frank but having someone competent to handles the pg duties until Frank is ready. A pg mentor would be great, but I'm more concerned about not putting pressure on Frank to have to run the team from day one.
jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
7/25/2017  12:19 PM
Pablo, Jose, Jerian Grant, Galloway, DRose... haven't we had enough with stopgap starters at PG?

Can't we get a real starter? Or is that a stupid question, given what's below?

Ramon Sessions PG 31 UFA CHA TBD - - - -
C.J. Watson PG 33 UFA ORL TBD - - - -
Trey Burke PG 24 RFA WAS TBD - - - -
Aaron Brooks PG 32 UFA IND TBD - - - -
Tyler Ennis PG 22 UFA LAL TBD - - - -
Beno Udrih PG 35 UFA DET TBD - - - -
Nando De Colo PG 30 RFA TOR TBD - - - -
D Jackson PG 22 UFA BOS TBD - - - -
Ty Lawson PG 29 UFA SAC TBD - - - -
B Jennings PG 27 UFA WAS TBD - - - -
Isaiah Canaan PG 26 UFA CHI TBD - - - -
Brian Roberts PG 31 UFA CHA TBD - - - -
Bobby Brown PG 32 RFA HOU TBD - - - -
Ronnie Price PG 34 UFA PHX TBD - - - -
Deron Williams PG 33 UFA CLE TBD - - - -
Norris Cole PG 28 UFA OKC TBD - - - -

RonRon
7/25/2017  12:26 PM
also TY LAWSON
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/25/2017  12:28 PM
jrodmc wrote:Pablo, Jose, Jerian Grant, Galloway, DRose... haven't we had enough with stopgap starters at PG?

Ntilikina should finally be the real long-term starter. We just need to buy some time with a vet until we want to throw him into the fire, hopefully later this season.

RonRon
7/25/2017  12:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2017  12:58 PM
my question for The Knicks is if they want someone that

1- have similar skillsets as a PG/SG that have improved to mentor him on how to improve
2- a player that can contribute to Jeff's system
3- or a mentor with the ability to show him the ropes on how to improve? that is closer to 1 or 2 or both?

What we have to remember is Frank is still very young and can CONTINUE TO GROW, much like Giannes did
Therefore I would LIMIT USING WEIGHTS to get STRONGER like how I see KP is wanting to improve his body while players like Kobe/Iman Shumpert had done that and instead later realized gaining strength while losing quickness/speed isn't worth it

Rather getting strong naturally like Dirk/Pau/KG/Durant or with less weight more reps is the better option

BASKETBALL IS NOT ABOUT STRENGTH, especially in todays game
While you can get stronger without losing quickness/speed/agility
It really depends on the players skill set and body build as well

Finding the right trainer that understands this is VERY IMPORTANT
Like Anthony Davis who had a LATE GROWTH SPURT while he played PG before it but was able to naturally fill out later in a couple seasons...

Who knows if Frank can continue to physically develop like Giannes and Davis did with a later growth spurt, enabling him to be able to one day defend SF's as well, making him more versatile

RonRon
7/25/2017  12:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2017  1:08 PM
having multiple versatile players that can PENETRATE/FACILITATE/PUSH TEMPO/CREATE for the team/CREATE THEIR OWN SHOT/WILLING TO CREATE the best HIGH % SHOT, in different positions
While Atlanta achieved that when they were the #1 seed
Some younger teams like Portland/Denver are trying to build a team able to execute with....

That is the direction the NBA is heading to and why Houston wanted CP3 in addition to Harden who are both ball dominant
It makes DEFENDING such talent so much harder....

something Philly, Sun's are trying to be, Dallas, and even Brooklyn are trying to do...
establishing a ROLE/SYSTEM that is fun to watch, fun to play, effective, even before adding SUPREME TALENT to the roster would appeal to future FREE AGENTS

Now if they can also play DEFENSE, it is even better
IT IS GREAT IF WE CAN FIND such players on multiyear deals that

Prior to Durant *adding him just gives GS an UNSTOPPABLE talent unless you can put players like Giannes/Davis/Kawaii/Towns together, then u can add in anyone from Jae Crowder/Patrick Beverely/Avery Bradley or whoever to fill in

Such a team can switch whenever and defend differently and is harder for OFFENSES to anticipate on how to gameplan as such talents have the ability to play 1v1 DEFENSE and STILL HELP/DOUBLE TEAM and recover in time with TEAM WORK... basically having GS philosophy on DEFENSE but which even MORE PHYSICAL TALENT
DEFENSE ALSO STARTS WITH OFFENSE/REBOUNDING on BOTH THE DEFENSIVE END/OFFENSIVE END, in order to beat a team like GS, you must make players like Curry, Klay, Durant, use energy on OFFENSE and DEFENSE
Possibly POSTING UP on CURRY and others to wear them out with no LEGS to shoot in the 4th quarter

Now that is what GS has with MULTIPLE VERSATILE TALENTS ON BOTH OFFENSE AND DEFENSE that can play on and off the ball, with INCREDIBLE SHOOTING ABILITY
ADD THAT IN WITH BALL/PLAYER MOVEMENT, HIGH BB IQ, GREAT CUTS, UNSELFISH BASKETBALL, looking for the HIGH % SHOT

jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
7/25/2017  12:53 PM
Knixkik wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Pablo, Jose, Jerian Grant, Galloway, DRose... haven't we had enough with stopgap starters at PG?

Ntilikina should finally be the real long-term starter. We just need to buy some time with a vet until we want to throw him into the fire, hopefully later this season.

From what little I've seen of this kid, he doesn't strike me as the type of physical freak athlete that could survive the pounding of an NBA season. Or even just a portion of an NBA season. Throwing him into the fire at 17-18 years old would be just that, IMO.

We need at least a mid-quality point, not a yoot project that looks like he's been playing against NBDL scrubs for a year or two...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/25/2017  1:48 PM
Who do you want to mentor a euro kid with a 8 foot wingspan?
A midget? No, you want someone who has experience with similar type game.
An Alcoholic? Maybe a bonafide recovered one, but not one in questions. How is Lawson doing?
Barea? can a 30 year old guy from Puerto Rico mentor a 19 year old black french kid? Not saying anything relating Barea being racist, but there are cultural divides and communication matters!
Any choices for a guy that might want to be a coach? Has a history of being a good teammate. Jose had a good reputation. Kidd was great on the bench.
The last person I'd want to mentor anyone is Nate. He is an incredible athlete, but not much between the ears.
I think Sessions is a long guard with a good reputation I think.
Dallas is our vet PG trade partner

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy