Thunder in on Melo!!! Would be a great fit..before PG
Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

7/24/2017  7:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2017  7:30 PM
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:How about a four team trade. I don't usually get caught up in trade scenarios as they are very rare and I don't hit on them offer but once in a while. Spurs, Cavs, OKC and Knicks.

Knicks get Kyrie and Fergusson
OKC gets Melo
Cavs get Aldridge and future OKC pick
Spurs get Kanter, Grant and Shump.

I haven't check number but all deals are close.

No way in the world Cleveland bites on Kyrie and Shump for only Aldridge and an OKC pick.

Aldridge is a very good player that LeBron can take to higher level. And Cavs do get a future compensation.

lol! Have you watched Aldridge lately? I would bet anything the Spurs would love to unload Aldridge. They are disappointed in the guy, but the Cavs will take him on for Kyrie? No way, no how!
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/24/2017  7:35 PM
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:How about a four team trade. I don't usually get caught up in trade scenarios as they are very rare and I don't hit on them offer but once in a while. Spurs, Cavs, OKC and Knicks.

OKC gets Melo

No way in the world Cleveland bites on Kyrie and Shump for only Aldridge and an OKC pick.

Aldridge is a very good player that LeBron can take to higher level. And Cavs do get a future compensation.

lol! Have you watched Aldridge lately? I would bet anything the Spurs would love to unload Aldridge. They are disappointed in the guy, but the Cavs will take him on for Kyrie? No way, no how!

Unfortunately your not going to get equal value any deal. Someone always compromises to get it done.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/24/2017  7:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2017  7:54 PM
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:

OKC gets Melo

Aldridge had been atrocious. One of the biggest bloopers in recent history by the Spurs.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/24/2017  8:38 PM
To Pheonix

Kuz Kanter Doug Mcdermott 24mm

OKC Melo 26mm

Knicks Bledsoe D Jones J Dudley 24mm

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/24/2017  9:00 PM
Knixkik wrote:
dwiley20 wrote:cant trade Rookies until when? December?

Can trade them now if they aren't signed yet. So ferguson can be had.

Yup...you're trading away "the rights to" the unsigned player.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/24/2017  9:02 PM
Kanter, Ferguson, Abrines, and 2018 2nd for Melo. Call it a day. I want Ferguson.
Welpee

7/24/2017  9:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2017  9:13 PM
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:

OKC gets Melo

Unfortunately your not going to get equal value any deal. Someone always compromises to get it done.

They're getting more than a 32 year old Aldridge and a pick.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
7/24/2017  10:34 PM
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:

OKC gets Melo

They are gonna get a pick from OKC.

90sKnicks
Member: #6452

7/25/2017  12:01 AM
First off, Melo is not going to OKC. But if he were I think Andre Robertson would have to be a focal part of the deal. I love Adams and think he would do great in NY although we have a log jam at his position. Not sure if he is worth 27 million in salary though. I want no part of Kanter. He plays no defense and cannot run the floor. But again Melo is not waiving his NTC to go to OKC so this is moot.

Does OKC have interest in Ryan Anderson though?

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/25/2017  7:26 AM
I'd be fine with this.

Kanter.
Ferguson.
McDermott.
Grant.

for

Melo.

Hernangomez/Kanter
Porzingis/Kuzminskas
McDermott/Grant
Hardaway/Ferguson
Baker/Ntilikina

Veteran depth:
Noah
O'Quinn
Thomas
Lee

OKC starting 5
Adams
Melo
George
Roberson
Westbrook

I think deal works pretty well for all involved.

Knicks - Get young players with Ferguson, McDermott and Grant. Take on a big contract in Kanter, but he can play and spearhead the second unit.
Thunder - Get a big 3 and starting 5 that can compete with anyone in the league. Contender.
Melo - Not CP3/Harden. but next best thing. He would be on a contender and playing with a reigning MVP.

Chandler
Member: #6197

7/25/2017  9:17 AM
90sKnicks wrote:First off, Melo is not going to OKC. But if he were I think Andre Robertson would have to be a focal part of the deal. I love Adams and think he would do great in NY although we have a log jam at his position. Not sure if he is worth 27 million in salary though. I want no part of Kanter. He plays no defense and cannot run the floor. But again Melo is not waiving his NTC to go to OKC so this is moot.

Not sure I agree. At this point Melo has burned bridges with just about everyone he could. Knicks team: now making clear he wants out and -- unlike Kyrie,PG, Chris Paul -- he wanted it via a buyout where Knicks get 0 in return; Fans: (see above); KP: (who sooner or later will remember that Melo didn't want him on draft day, and who he left in this precarious position with the team and the fanbase); family (I want to be in NY close to family -- oh, someone actually wants me on their team -- I want to go to Houston now).

He's a talented player but not smart. Even he must now appreciate there's no return -- NY this season would be the most miserable year in his career -- double so if they're losing and Phil isn't around to blame.

Very clear he prefers Houston but there's no way he's here this season

(5)(5)
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/25/2017  12:27 PM
90sKnicks wrote:First off, Melo is not going to OKC. But if he were I think Andre Robertson would have to be a focal part of the deal. I love Adams and think he would do great in NY although we have a log jam at his position. Not sure if he is worth 27 million in salary though. I want no part of Kanter. He plays no defense and cannot run the floor. But again Melo is not waiving his NTC to go to OKC so this is moot.

Does anyone have interest in Ryan Anderson?

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

7/26/2017  8:59 AM
Melo is not going to friggin OKC. Their involvement is only about leverage, IMO. Melo in the boonies of Okla-freakin-home? Can't see it. Not now, not ever.
Welpee

7/26/2017  9:14 AM
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:

OKC gets Melo

They are gonna get a pick from OKC.

Again, that deal makes absolutely no sense for Cleveland. It's funny how we undervalue our guy (Melo) and overvalue somebody else's player (Aldridge) when they're both pretty much on the same level at this point in their career. If someone proposed Melo and a pick for Kyrie they'd get laughed at. If they had it to do over again the Spurs would probably pass on signing Aldridge.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/26/2017  9:20 AM
jrodmc wrote:

people focus too much on the contract and forget he's a pretty good player and was pivotal in everything Hou accomplished last year. Is he the guy I want to add? Of course not.. not with that deal but he's no Shandon Anderson. He would be a very good bench player for us IMO.

Its not like Anderson is a block of wood. There just arent any reasons to help out Houston with that deal. Lets get some assets back.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/26/2017  9:24 AM
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

people focus too much on the contract and forget he's a pretty good player and was pivotal in everything Hou accomplished last year. Is he the guy I want to add? Of course not.. not with that deal but he's no Shandon Anderson. He would be a very good bench player for us IMO.

Its not like Anderson is a block of wood. There just arent any reasons to help out Houston with that deal. Lets get some assets back.

Yeah, who cares how much interest in Anderson other teams have? Are we getting him just to trade him? Just let him be productive here and let other teams regret passing on the chance to get him plus picks.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/26/2017  1:12 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Yeah, who cares how much interest in Anderson other teams have? Are we getting him just to trade him? Just let him be productive here and let other teams regret passing on the chance to get him plus picks.

Only question in my mind is- do we call him Mr.Anderson or do we call him Neo?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/26/2017  1:19 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
dwiley20 wrote:cant trade Rookies until when? December?

Can trade them now if they aren't signed yet. So ferguson can be had.

Yup...you're trading away "the rights to" the unsigned player.

Something weird is going on with Ferguson and his contract. OkC needs to buy out his current deal but Fiba hasn't cleared things yet. I apologize for not being more clear but. I heard that somewhere over the past couple of days.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/26/2017  1:21 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

I agree. If the Knicks get two picks to take Anderson just take him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/27/2017  7:23 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

I agree. If the Knicks get two picks to take Anderson just take him.

Yeah I'm not saying take him for for nothing. Not sure what's more important. 2 picks or 1 pick plus Ariza. It depends on how much the team wants to win now. I think Ariza's expiring contract could be traded for at least 1 pick anyway if we want to go that route. I really wanted Llull if he's going to come the the US. The point is I think they should focus on getting Anderson plus the right sweeteners. It's a gamble that we're probably not going to strike gold in free agency in the next couple of years anyway.
Thunder in on Melo!!! Would be a great fit..before PG

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy