[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Thunder in on Melo!!! Would be a great fit..before PG
Author Thread
dwiley20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5755

7/24/2017  2:42 PM
Oquinn can get us a first rounder by himself hell no great contract really good player
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/24/2017  2:47 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:they have nothing to offer the knicks, they already gave up what the had for PG13..keep circling

They have much more to offer than Houston. Abrines is a solid prospect, age 23. Jerami Grant offers a similar skillset to Harkless, and is 23. Improved as a shooter last year. Kanter is necessary to make salaries fit, but he's only 25, can score, and is on a year less than Anderson. Ferguson was this year's 1st round pick. And they have 2020 to offer, just like Houston.

We could do much worse than Kanter, Grant, Abrines, Ferguson, and 2020 first round for Melo.

that would leave the bench thinner than tracing paper, and 3 player taking up 70% of your cap space

This works and gives them 2 vet bench players back -- their playoff rotation won't go far behind 8 players anyway.

Melo/L=Thomas/KOQ

Kanter/Ferguson/Abrines/Grant/McDermott

No need to trade O'Quinn. He should only be moved if needed in a blockbuster deal that lands a great player or PG. We should just keep it simple. Melo for Kanter, Ferguson (absolutely necessary), Grant, 2018 2nd round pick, and a minimum filler to fit contracts. Getting Ferguson makes it worthwhile. He's a rookie with reasonable upside as a 3-and-D wing.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/24/2017  3:08 PM
Melo for Kanter, Ferguson, Grant, 2018 2nd round pick absolutely works for me...

Thing about that though, it creates a lot jam at center. Noah and Willy plus KOQ.

Kanter' s 36 min projection frim last year is 25pts and 11 rebounds per game. If he started for us and got close to that, that would be really awesome. He's 25 years old too yall.

I would do this right now.... but the trade that happens directly after this is what's going to define our 2017-18 season. Knicks would have one of the best packedges in basketball to land someone substantial to a team willing to deal.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/24/2017  3:25 PM
EnySpree wrote:I would do this right now.... but the trade that happens directly after this is what's going to define our 2017-18 season. Knicks would have one of the best packedges in basketball to land someone substantial to a team willing to deal.

Okay, I'll bite.

Like who?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/24/2017  4:01 PM
EnySpree wrote:Melo for Kanter, Ferguson, Grant, 2018 2nd round pick absolutely works for me...

Thing about that though, it creates a lot jam at center. Noah and Willy plus KOQ.

Kanter' s 36 min projection frim last year is 25pts and 11 rebounds per game. If he started for us and got close to that, that would be really awesome. He's 25 years old too yall.

I would do this right now.... but the trade that happens directly after this is what's going to define our 2017-18 season. Knicks would have one of the best packedges in basketball to land someone substantial to a team willing to deal.

He'd be easier to trade than Ryan Anderson. We'd also get a decent asset in return.
Cowboy Melo.........Hats to sell.
La La in OKC would help her ratings.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/24/2017  4:02 PM
Kanter is easier to move in a three team than Anderson. So if we got Ferg, future first, Kanter and cap filler from OKC. And a 3rd team was willing to take on Kanter for a pick & expiring or if they have the cap space to eat the contract out right. Could work.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/24/2017  4:03 PM
"THUNDERMELO"!!!!!
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/24/2017  4:06 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:they have nothing to offer the knicks, they already gave up what the had for PG13..keep circling

They have much more to offer than Houston. Abrines is a solid prospect, age 23. Jerami Grant offers a similar skillset to Harkless, and is 23. Improved as a shooter last year. Kanter is necessary to make salaries fit, but he's only 25, can score, and is on a year less than Anderson. Ferguson was this year's 1st round pick. And they have 2020 to offer, just like Houston.

We could do much worse than Kanter, Grant, Abrines, Ferguson, and 2020 first round for Melo.

that would leave the bench thinner than tracing paper, and 3 player taking up 70% of your cap space

This works and gives them 2 vet bench players back -- their playoff rotation won't go far behind 8 players anyway.

Melo/L=Thomas/KOQ

Kanter/Ferguson/Abrines/Grant/McDermott

Thats a good deal if we can forward Kanter for future pick with a 3rd team. But the young wing package we got back would be solid.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
7/24/2017  4:52 PM
How about a four team trade. I don't usually get caught up in trade scenarios as they are very rare and I don't hit on them offer but once in a while. Spurs, Cavs, OKC and Knicks.

Knicks get Kyrie and Fergusson
OKC gets Melo
Cavs get Aldridge and future OKC pick
Spurs get Kanter, Grant and Shump.

I haven't check number but all deals are close.

Welpee
Member: #6239

7/24/2017  4:59 PM
Vmart wrote:How about a four team trade. I don't usually get caught up in trade scenarios as they are very rare and I don't hit on them offer but once in a while. Spurs, Cavs, OKC and Knicks.

OKC gets Melo

No way in the world Cleveland bites on Kyrie and Shump for only Aldridge and an OKC pick.
Vmart
USA
7/24/2017  5:06 PM
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:How about a four team trade. I don't usually get caught up in trade scenarios as they are very rare and I don't hit on them offer but once in a while. Spurs, Cavs, OKC and Knicks.

OKC gets Melo

No way in the world Cleveland bites on Kyrie and Shump for only Aldridge and an OKC pick.

Aldridge is a very good player that LeBron can take to higher level. And Cavs do get a future compensation.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/24/2017  5:07 PM
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:

OKC gets Melo

Aldridge is a very good player that LeBron can take to higher level. And Cavs do get a future compensation.

Melo for Kyrie and Fergusson?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/24/2017  5:09 PM

They have plenty to ofFer the Knicks

newyorker4ever

7/24/2017  5:12 PM
dwiley20 wrote:cant trade Rookies until when? December?

He hasn't signed a contract with them yet, he's actually the only 1st round pick that has no signed yet.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/24/2017  5:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2017  5:20 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:

OKC seems like a place where there is more hope for a deal. We could use Kanter with KP Willy and Oquinn for a deep frontline that could withstand injury and cut minutes down for less potential injury scenarios. Or we could move Kanter elsewhere and bring back other goods. Better than Andersen.

If Phoenix like Kanter we could do

Pheonix Kanter

NY Bledsoe

OKC Melo

with spare parts to make the $ work

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorker4ever

7/24/2017  5:22 PM

OKC gets Melo

Don't worry cause nobody hits on their trade scenarios but they keep coming up with them every single day over and over and over again......right briggs...lol

Vmart
USA
7/24/2017  5:30 PM
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:

OKC gets Melo

Melo for Kyrie and Fergusson?

Thats why I don't pretend to know what teams think but different players hold different value to teams.

For instance Spurs have reduced Aldridge's value in the eyes of people but he is a very good player. I gues Melo isn't the only one with reduced value funny how Spurs can get away with it and Phil got his bags handed to him. Perception is funny business. Spurs are also know to want Shumpert. This wanting of Shumpert may lead the Spurs to sweeten the pot for the Cavs. Maybe an added future pick. There is no secret Spurs want Aldridge moved.

OKC seems to have an interest in Melo and they may give Up in deals Kanter, Ferguson, Grant and a future pick. They look like a very willing trade partner. Knicks look like they are getting off easy but I can see the Knicks adding pieces like O'Quin and Lance Thomas or Lee to get things done.

I can see OQuin going to the Spurs and making an impact, Lance going to Cleveland making contribution to the Cavs and Lee in OKC filling that vacant sg spot. The pot will get sweetened as the deal progresses. But the main movers of the deal will be Spurs who want to move Aldridge. Aldridge, Kyrie, Kanter and Melo main players.

Ira
Member: #91
7/24/2017  6:46 PM
I don't get the excitement about Ferguson. He's a pretty good shooter and that is his one strength.
Vmart
USA
7/24/2017  6:50 PM
Ira wrote:I don't get the excitement about Ferguson. He's a pretty good shooter and that is his one strength.

He is very athletic and he can shoot, Which in today's NBA is prized. Could be the next Reggie Miller with Pippen athleticism.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/24/2017  7:22 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

OKC seems like a place where there is more hope for a deal. We could use Kanter with KP Willy and Oquinn for a deep frontline that could withstand injury and cut minutes down for less potential injury scenarios. Or we could move Kanter elsewhere and bring back other goods. Better than Andersen.

If Phoenix like Kanter we could do

Pheonix Kanter

NY Bledsoe

OKC Melo

with spare parts to make the $ work

Ready to sign

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Thunder in on Melo!!! Would be a great fit..before PG

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy