[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

No, no, no, no!!!
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
7/22/2017  3:25 PM
It's nice to have defensive marketing need team.
I loved our rough and tumble teams with Xavier, Larry, Patrick Oak etal.
Intimidating and then some. Yet unless your team has at least one offensive killer, it just won't happen someone with ice in his veins in the 4th Q. That's Kyrie. Just because you stop them at one end doesn't mean you don't need to score your own. You mean you'd rather have KLAY? Well me too but Leonard and two way dominant players don't grow on trees. Grow the youth and athletic players fine. But crunch time give the ball to Kyrie!
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/22/2017  3:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2017  3:45 PM
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Jrshoops wrote:This Get Kyrie Irving at all costs talk is ridiculous.

Youth - Check
Talented - Check
Defense - No

We finally have our first round picks again, and we need to rebuild through the draft and developing our own prospects first! Kyrie doesn't get us to a championship with KP and Hardaway! We need to see what we have with Ntilikina first, he has the ability with his desire and wingspan to be a GREAT defender and at 18, playing against professional players, had a well rounded offensive game.

We don't even know if KP can stay healthy for an entire season. We need more picks, not less! We have no ****in patience to ever do it the right way in ANY sport in New York, that's why we win way less than we should in all NY sports.

We had this great press conference with a great mantra of building and changing the culture. Kyrie will still only be 27 when his deal is up. If we show we are a player away then that is the time to get him and trade some picks.

Don't do it Knicks! Build from the bottom and finally change our culture. Long term success not a sugar rush!

As I said when Phil was relieved of his contract, "Welcome to hell."

Yeah, because it was heaven when Phil was here.

Philosophy is important when rebuilding following the path and sticking to it.

Yeah, stick to a philosophy that wasn't working and keep us sinking deeper into the hole we were
in.

What are you talking about. Cut the crap you know And I know it's important for any franchise to build up their youth. Trading away future assets for immediate gratification is absolutely the reason we are in the reason for where we are. We did it for a Melo trade and look what has been accomplished. You do the same for Kyrie and you just repeated the same mistake. Learn from mistakes.

Like I said I'll take Kyrie but only for Melo and O'Quin or Lee

Then why did Phil resign Melo, sign Lee and Noah and trade for Rose? That was his "youth movement?" How many "philosophies" did we have to endure from Phil before he got it right? He that was truly his plan he should've let Melo walk when he was a free agent. Phil's plan was he had no plan, at least not one that worked.

And can we cut the crap with these valuable "assets" we gave up for Melo. The two picks would've been nice but wouldn't have yielded a franchise player where we picked. And Gallo, W. Chandler, Mozgov and Felton have played in a grand total of zero all-star games collectively since being traded.

Two picks, Gallo, W. Chandler, Mozgov and Felton were assets.
No one knows what they will be converted to.
The point is that by getting to Knicks while stripping all assets out of the team Melo killed his and Knicks chances to ever play competitive ball during his contract.
And then he resigned doing same.
There was 0 chances he will ever win with Knicks and he did not. -60 regular season record and a couple of games win in playoffs in 7 years.
Talk about professional athlete live wasted by his own decisions.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
90sKnicks
Member: #6452

7/22/2017  4:28 PM
For the past 15 years the Knicks have been making impulsive moves like these to try and solve immediate problems and it never works. Commit to a long term rebuild, build through the draft, priority defense and mental toughness.

Say no to Kyrie Irving at all costs.

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
7/22/2017  4:35 PM
I dunno, I think both sides of th story are valid. Yes to become a contender you have to first suck for a while and get lucky in the draft, we did that already. Then you get great young players, we are doing it now. Is it enough? Do we need to suck some more and get better through the draft? Is Kyrie going to make us a contender? Not sure, he is not Lebron, that's for sure. If we get him we won't have anymore chances to get anything in the draft, only free agents. Might get stuck in mediocrity like we have been before Phil and we might see more Curry's taken one pick before us.

On the other hand you gotta have allstars to win , Kyrie is def one of them. Is he a superstar? That's the real question.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
fwk00
Member: #6048

7/22/2017  4:49 PM
Look, if you can secure Irving for Melo, Kuz, and say Dotson or or Randle, you do it and they do it. They get Melo and some youthful pieces who aren't too shabby. Knicks stay intact mostly and add the veteran point who brings Nitty along.

If not, no deal.

No trading picks or any of that nonsense.

Do we need Irving because its the last opportunity in the world? No.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/24/2017  10:05 AM
arkrud wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

Youth - Check
Talented - Check
Defense - No

We finally have our first round picks again, and we need to rebuild through the draft and developing our own prospects first! Kyrie doesn't get us to a championship with KP and Hardaway! We need to see what we have with Ntilikina first, he has the ability with his desire and wingspan to be a GREAT defender and at 18, playing against professional players, had a well rounded offensive game.

We don't even know if KP can stay healthy for an entire season. We need more picks, not less! We have no ****in patience to ever do it the right way in ANY sport in New York, that's why we win way less than we should in all NY sports.

We had this great press conference with a great mantra of building and changing the culture. Kyrie will still only be 27 when his deal is up. If we show we are a player away then that is the time to get him and trade some picks.

Don't do it Knicks! Build from the bottom and finally change our culture. Long term success not a sugar rush!

Yeah, stick to a philosophy that wasn't working and keep us sinking deeper into the hole we were
in.

What are you talking about. Cut the crap you know And I know it's important for any franchise to build up their youth. Trading away future assets for immediate gratification is absolutely the reason we are in the reason for where we are. We did it for a Melo trade and look what has been accomplished. You do the same for Kyrie and you just repeated the same mistake. Learn from mistakes.

Then why did Phil resign Melo, sign Lee and Noah and trade for Rose? That was his "youth movement?" How many "philosophies" did we have to endure from Phil before he got it right? He that was truly his plan he should've let Melo walk when he was a free agent. Phil's plan was he had no plan, at least not one that worked.

And can we cut the crap with these valuable "assets" we gave up for Melo. The two picks would've been nice but wouldn't have yielded a franchise player where we picked. And Gallo, W. Chandler, Mozgov and Felton have played in a grand total of zero all-star games collectively since being traded.

The point is that by getting to Knicks while stripping all assets out of the team Melo killed his and Knicks chances to ever play competitive ball during his contract.
There was 0 chances he will ever win with Knicks and he did not. -60 regular season record and a couple of games win in playoffs in 7 years.

Assets... assets...
Can you really continually spout this putrid line of sheehit, year after year?
Gallo - injured more than he plays
Mayor - Now starting for your Shanghai Dragons...
Mozgov - Hey! He's been traded 15 times, but he got a ring!
Felton - newsflash, we got him back for next to nothing, which, as it turned out, was about what he was worth.

Picks? We STILL talkin bout picks?
February 22, 2011: 2016 1st round draft pick (Jakob Poeltl was later selected) a 2015 2nd round draft pick (Richaun Holmes was later selected) a 2012 2nd round draft pick (Quincy Miller was later selected), a 2013 2nd round draft pick (Romero Osby was later selected), a 2014 1st round draft pick (Dario Saric was later selected) and a 2016 1st round draft pick (Jamal Murray was later selected)

Dario ended up turning into Willy for us while he's enjoying the Hinkie process's affect on his career; "How to live your NBA cellar life as trade bait for future picks".

All these other names are tearing up the league now, huh?

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/24/2017  10:13 AM
I agree. NY cannot overpay for Kyrie Irving. He is not a elite level player. He is a bit like Melo to be honest. I would trade him straight up for Melo and Lee. NO picks, No Frank, No Dotson, and definitely not Willy or KP!

Maybe they can get involved in a trade to dump Melo and get other assets back like picks and young players or expiring deals. That would be the smarter play.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/24/2017  10:25 AM
Knickoftime wrote:

Youth - Check
Talented - Check
Defense - No

This is not argument for or against Irving.

But Lebron James has played in the last 7 NBA Finals

He's faced:

Durant/Green/Curry/Thompson
Green/Curry/Thompson
Green/Curry/Thompson
Leonard/Duncan/Pop
Leonard/Duncan/Pop
Durant/Harden/Westbrook

The idea you can get to the Finals with a philosophy doesn't have much evidence to back it up.

Multiple veteran stars is the common denominator.

That may be realistically unattainable, and a ****tail of planning, random circumstance and luck, but it is what it is.

I would give up most anything for Kyrie because of the above, however that is limited to a few things.
I consider Willy/KP untouchable. They are best friends locked into cap friendly deals for 2 more years (rookie contracts). They are my foundation.
THjr, Frank, Baker, Dotson cant be traded because they just signed. So if the Cavs want Melo and future picks great. Pretty much any combo is fine because I am great with my "core" looking like this:
G Kyrie, Frank, THjr, Dotson, Baker
bigs: KP, Willy, etc

Lets go to it.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/24/2017  11:11 AM
First off lets not get too excited as its very much the media that is driving any type of hype and making suggestions.
If we wanted this type of player would we not have drafted Dennis Smith Jr?
At 25 he is in his prime, tends to be a big injury prone. He'll want a super extension next year. Can't say I blame him.
With Lebron likely leaving the Cav's will be dismantled and I think he is being proative.
He can be traded to any team. Melo can nix any deal to Cav's
Media will get us all in a tizz to get him, then can slam knicks for it when he gets hurt, knicks don't win, and the pick we gave or Frank Nt turns into a star.
Dolan might have taken a bite on this one. Lets hope there is a well thought out process for this either way. Half baked ideas seem to not be a good thing for knicks!!!
Is this a James Harden type of trade? WOuld Westbrook come east as free agent? Is this guy a shorter/youger version of Melo? Is he Steve Francis/Marbury/Baron Davis and what might his durability by?

Media Isola trap:

Nalod
USA
7/24/2017  11:14 AM
jrodmc wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

Youth - Check
Talented - Check
Defense - No

in.

Assets... assets...
Felton - newsflash, we got him back for next to nothing, which, as it turned out, was about what he was worth.

February 22, 2011: 2016 1st round draft pick (Jakob Poeltl was later selected) a 2015 2nd round draft pick (Richaun Holmes was later selected) a 2012 2nd round draft pick (Quincy Miller was later selected), a 2013 2nd round draft pick (Romero Osby was later selected), a 2014 1st round draft pick (Dario Saric was later selected) and a 2016 1st round draft pick (Jamal Murray was later selected)

Dario ended up turning into Willy for us while he's enjoying the Hinkie process's affect on his career; "How to live your NBA cellar life as trade bait for future picks".

Names are one thing, but how did the franchise fair with Melo? Denver won 57 games the year we won 54.
Since then both teams have floundered.
So its not like you can really boost in either direction.
But you try.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/24/2017  11:34 AM
Where does it say we are giving up so many assets for Irving?
From what I've read, Knicks are willing to move Melo (or trade assets that Melo can fetch in a Houston trade) and a future first round pick.

Irving is on contract for two more years.

A team with Irving, Porzingis, Hardaway, Ntilikina, Hernangomez is both a competitive team and also a team that is rebuilding towards the future.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/24/2017  11:38 AM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

Youth - Check
Talented - Check
Defense - No

in.

Assets... assets...

Names are one thing, but how did the franchise fair with Melo? Denver won 57 games the year we won 54.
But you try.

Little difference you always manage to overlook, Mr. Centrist.

What was Denver's record with Melo?
What was our record before Melo?
Answer me those and get back to me about boosts. And please spare me the pathetic "Amare, Pringles and the yoots were taking us to the promised land all by their lonesomes!"

It's okay. I've always understood that unrequited MoobyHate can be a very mellow thing.

Welpee
Member: #6239

7/24/2017  11:49 AM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

Youth - Check
Talented - Check
Defense - No

in.

Assets... assets...

But you try.

Name are one thing? When people talk about all of these "assets" we gave up to get Melo it's the main thing.
Nalod
USA
7/24/2017  11:52 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

Youth - Check
Talented - Check
Defense - No

in.

Assets... assets...

But you try.

Little difference you always manage to overlook, Mr. Centrist.

What was Denver's record with Melo?
What was our record before Melo?
Answer me those and get back to me about boosts. And please spare me the pathetic "Amare, Pringles and the yoots were taking us to the promised land all by their lonesomes!"

It's okay. I've always understood that unrequited MoobyHate can be a very mellow thing.

Yes, label me, what ever.
Your questions really cannot be answered with any accuracy because the simple fact is there are no two scenarios that one can compare. Denver had a different roster than Knicks before and after the trade.
So why go there.
There is no hate, its just a simple fact that his tenure here mostly failed and for the 100th time, I don't blame him. The dynamics of the knick teams in his tenure did not add up. The 54 win team was an old unsustainable roster. He was great BTW!!! Denver won 57 games that year. They were great!!!

IN the end both teams failed. Key word here is "TEAMS". Statiscially Melo did just fine. Statistically he lived up to his contract and was mostly healthy.
I have no fault with him.
Is it possible if we never Signed AMare and never did that trade the history of the knicks would replicate Denvers? I doubt it. We might have made other deals and not commited to Danillo and the Mayor.
There is so many other possibilities we could have gone it. But we didn't.

Thus, Melo was Melo (all star diva before and after trade), but the real question is not how did the others in the trade do, its how did the knicks do?
That's all that matters.

knicks1248
Member: #582
7/24/2017  11:53 AM
Jrshoops wrote:That's funny Welpee, but we don't know what we have with Frank yet. We just used the 8th pick to select a PG and already overpaid for Hardaway, and Hardaway ain't no SF, he's a two guard period! Kyrie does not put us over the top. We should be concentrated on building a new culture and identity instead.

He doesn't make us worse either, and at least he's another attractive piece that other really good players would want to play with. We have 1 pick per season, not multiple 1st rounders per draft.

We are in a ERA of basketball where really good players are not sticking around losing teams, so while you keep fumbling through the draft, KP and willy will be gone at the end of next season, or maybe your just waiting for him to confirm he has no intentions on resigning with the knicks after is 4th straight losing season. Think about how frequent we see players doing that these days

ES
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
7/24/2017  12:01 PM
Trading for Kyrie is a lateral move at best. He doesn't play defense, he doesn't make others better. Why do we want him? I want defense on all 5 positions.
Rose is not the answer.
knicks1248
7/24/2017  12:02 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Youth - Check
Talented - Check
Defense - No

This is not argument for or against Irving.

But Lebron James has played in the last 7 NBA Finals

He's faced:

Durant/Green/Curry/Thompson
Green/Curry/Thompson
Green/Curry/Thompson
Leonard/Duncan/Pop
Leonard/Duncan/Pop
Durant/Harden/Westbrook

The idea you can get to the Finals with a philosophy doesn't have much evidence to back it up.

Multiple veteran stars is the common denominator.

That may be realistically unattainable, and a ****tail of planning, random circumstance and luck, but it is what it is.

I would give up most anything for Kyrie because of the above, however that is limited to a few things.
I consider Willy/KP untouchable. They are best friends locked into cap friendly deals for 2 more years (rookie contracts). They are my foundation.
THjr, Frank, Baker, Dotson cant be traded because they just signed. So if the Cavs want Melo and future picks great. Pretty much any combo is fine because I am great with my "core" looking like this:
G Kyrie, Frank, THjr, Dotson, Baker
bigs: KP, Willy, etc

Lets go to it.

total agree, in fact I will go a step further and give up the 2019 and 22 pick.

ES
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

7/24/2017  12:07 PM
Unless we significantly upgrade the talent level on the roster, I don't think KP stays.

It's not as cut and dry as "how does Kyrie make the team better." Getting him is a power play to keep our franchise player.

Make the move.

knicks1248
7/24/2017  12:17 PM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:Unless we significantly upgrade the talent level on the roster, I don't think KP stays.

It's not as cut and dry as "how does Kyrie make the team better." Getting him is a power play to keep our franchise player.

Make the move.

yup-

there's no other logical way of looking at this

ES
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

7/24/2017  12:42 PM
fwk00 wrote:Look, if you can secure Irving for Melo, Kuz, and say Dotson or or Randle, you do it and they do it. They get Melo and some youthful pieces who aren't too shabby. Knicks stay intact mostly and add the veteran point who brings Nitty along.

If not, no deal.

No trading picks or any of that nonsense.

Do we need Irving because its the last opportunity in the world? No.

Irving is a better asset than MELO (just based on age and position). I'd be willing to give up one future protected-to-3 first rounder to make this trade happeb, even if we don't plan to retain him long term. He's got value as an asset, better than Melo.

No, no, no, no!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy