[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

No, no, no, no!!!
Author Thread
Jrshoops
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7524

7/22/2017  2:19 PM
This Get Kyrie Irving at all costs talk is ridiculous.

Youth - Check
Talented - Check
Defense - No

We finally have our first round picks again, and we need to rebuild through the draft and developing our own prospects first! Kyrie doesn't get us to a championship with KP and Hardaway! We need to see what we have with Ntilikina first, he has the ability with his desire and wingspan to be a GREAT defender and at 18, playing against professional players, had a well rounded offensive game.

We don't even know if KP can stay healthy for an entire season. We need more picks, not less! We have no ****in patience to ever do it the right way in ANY sport in New York, that's why we win way less than we should in all NY sports.

We had this great press conference with a great mantra of building and changing the culture. Kyrie will still only be 27 when his deal is up. If we show we are a player away then that is the time to get him and trade some picks.

Don't do it Knicks! Build from the bottom and finally change our culture. Long term success not a sugar rush!

AUTOADVERT
fwk00
Member: #6048

7/22/2017  2:23 PM
Jrshoops wrote:This Get Kyrie Irving at all costs talk is ridiculous.

Youth - Check
Talented - Check
Defense - No

We finally have our first round picks again, and we need to rebuild through the draft and developing our own prospects first! Kyrie doesn't get us to a championship with KP and Hardaway! We need to see what we have with Ntilikina first, he has the ability with his desire and wingspan to be a GREAT defender and at 18, playing against professional players, had a well rounded offensive game.

We don't even know if KP can stay healthy for an entire season. We need more picks, not less! We have no ****in patience to ever do it the right way in ANY sport in New York, that's why we win way less than we should in all NY sports.

We had this great press conference with a great mantra of building and changing the culture. Kyrie will still only be 27 when his deal is up. If we show we are a player away then that is the time to get him and trade some picks.

Don't do it Knicks! Build from the bottom and finally change our culture. Long term success not a sugar rush!

As I said when Phil was relieved of his contract, "Welcome to hell."

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/22/2017  2:26 PM
fwk00 wrote:

Youth - Check
Talented - Check
Defense - No

So Phil went to Hell? Thats a bit rough.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
TPercy
Member: #5748

7/22/2017  2:27 PM
How does kyrie at the young age of 25 not long term sucess
The Future is Bright!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/22/2017  2:28 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

Youth - Check
Talented - Check
Defense - No

So Phil went to Hell? Thats a bit rough.

LOL
Jrshoops

7/22/2017  2:33 PM
TPercy wrote:How does kyrie at the young age of 25 not long term sucess

Kyrie is great, but his teams sucked before LeBron ran the ship. Until proven otherwise, or until I know I have a good team with or without Kyrie, I'm not gonna trade away the future to "see" if Kyrie is now a proven leader of men, yet alone a young basketball team. He could be just another Marbury without LeBron.

And, then the Knicks suck or are just an average team the next two years with Kyrie. Will Kyrie, after being used to success and winning in Cleveland, blame himself or his teammates and sign elsewhere to "go to a winner".

The time for a team to pickup a player like Kyrie and give up valuable picks is when they are closer than the Knicks are to being good.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
7/22/2017  2:34 PM
I'm with Jrshoops here no need for Kyrie not at the expense of youth and draft picks. Like Insaid before for Melo and O'quin or Lee I'm ok but if Ntlikina or Willie are involved no ways I'm for this. It's the mistakes made again and again. Deplete and never fill. Same story over and over again.
Welpee
Member: #6239

7/22/2017  2:34 PM
fwk00 wrote:

Youth - Check
Talented - Check
Defense - No

Yeah, because it was heaven when Phil was here.
TPercy
Member: #5748

7/22/2017  2:36 PM
Jrshoops wrote:

Kyrie is great, but his teams sucked before LeBron ran the ship. Until proven otherwise, or until I know I have a good team with or without Kyrie, I'm not gonna trade away the future to "see" if Kyrie is now a proven leader of men, yet alone a young basketball team. He could be just another Marbury without LeBron.

And, then the Knicks suck or are just an average team the next two years with Kyrie. Will Kyrie, after being used to success and winning in Cleveland, blame himself or his teammates and sign elsewhere to "go to a winner".

The time for a team to pickup a player like Kyrie and give up valuable picks is when they are closer than the Knicks are to being good.

So kyrie hasn't grown and is still the same player before Lebron? Kyrie wouldn't add significant wins to this team?

The Future is Bright!
Vmart
USA
7/22/2017  2:36 PM
Welpee wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

Youth - Check
Talented - Check
Defense - No

Philosophy is important when rebuilding following the path and sticking to it.

Jrshoops

7/22/2017  2:41 PM
No, he's shown that he is better, but LeBron makes EVERYONE around him better. Hell, he took a crappy team to the Finals himself the first time around with the Cavs! Kyrie's a star, but I'm not giving up a lot to see if he can carry the Knicks on his back. I'm worried he'll be a lesser player without LeBron around, that is for sure.

TPercy wrote:
Jrshoops wrote:

So kyrie hasn't grown and is still the same player before Lebron? Kyrie wouldn't add significant wins to this team?

Welpee

7/22/2017  2:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2017  2:43 PM
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

Youth - Check
Talented - Check
Defense - No

Yeah, stick to a philosophy that wasn't working and keep us sinking deeper into the hole we were
in.
Jrshoops

7/22/2017  2:46 PM
I think Kyrie is like a young Marbury, great players who can dominate games but shouldn't be the best players on their teams if they want to win championships. Great Robins, not so good Batmans...
Welpee

7/22/2017  2:50 PM
Jrshoops wrote:I think Kyrie is like a young Marbury, great players who can dominate games but shouldn't be the best players on their teams if they want to win championships. Great Robins, not so good Batmans...
But our current point guard situation is full of Jokers and Riddlers.
Vmart
USA
7/22/2017  2:50 PM
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

Youth - Check
Talented - Check
Defense - No

Yeah, stick to a philosophy that wasn't working and keep us sinking deeper into the hole we were
in.

What are you talking about. Cut the crap you know And I know it's important for any franchise to build up their youth. Trading away future assets for immediate gratification is absolutely the reason we are in the reason for where we are. We did it for a Melo trade and look what has been accomplished. You do the same for Kyrie and you just repeated the same mistake. Learn from mistakes.

Like I said I'll take Kyrie but only for Melo and O'Quin or Lee

Jrshoops

7/22/2017  2:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2017  2:54 PM
That's funny Welpee, but we don't know what we have with Frank yet. We just used the 8th pick to select a PG and already overpaid for Hardaway, and Hardaway ain't no SF, he's a two guard period! Kyrie does not put us over the top. We should be concentrated on building a new culture and identity instead.
Welpee

7/22/2017  3:02 PM
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

Youth - Check
Talented - Check
Defense - No

in.

What are you talking about. Cut the crap you know And I know it's important for any franchise to build up their youth. Trading away future assets for immediate gratification is absolutely the reason we are in the reason for where we are. We did it for a Melo trade and look what has been accomplished. You do the same for Kyrie and you just repeated the same mistake. Learn from mistakes.

Like I said I'll take Kyrie but only for Melo and O'Quin or Lee

Then why did Phil resign Melo, sign Lee and Noah and trade for Rose? That was his "youth movement?" How many "philosophies" did we have to endure from Phil before he got it right? He that was truly his plan he should've let Melo walk when he was a free agent. Phil's plan was he had no plan, at least not one that worked.

And can we cut the crap with these valuable "assets" we gave up for Melo. The two picks would've been nice but wouldn't have yielded a franchise player where we picked. And Gallo, W. Chandler, Mozgov and Felton have played in a grand total of zero all-star games collectively since being traded.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/22/2017  3:03 PM

Youth - Check
Talented - Check
Defense - No

This is not argument for or against Irving.

But Lebron James has played in the last 7 NBA Finals

He's faced:

Durant/Green/Curry/Thompson
Green/Curry/Thompson
Green/Curry/Thompson
Leonard/Duncan/Pop
Leonard/Duncan/Pop
Durant/Harden/Westbrook

The idea you can get to the Finals with a philosophy doesn't have much evidence to back it up.

Multiple veteran stars is the common denominator.

That may be realistically unattainable, and a ****tail of planning, random circumstance and luck, but it is what it is.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/22/2017  3:05 PM
Jrshoops wrote:

you mean 3 fricken years ago
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Welpee

7/22/2017  3:12 PM
Jrshoops wrote:That's funny Welpee, but we don't know what we have with Frank yet. We just used the 8th pick to select a PG and already overpaid for Hardaway, and Hardaway ain't no SF, he's a two guard period! Kyrie does not put us over the top. We should be concentrated on building a new culture and identity instead.
None of us have any idea what Frank is or will be. I personally feel like if we can keep Frank, move Melo and only give a future 1st round lottery protected pick, you have to do it. I'm not anxious to move Frank because I don't know what he can do. We all like to project him to be the best case scenario. He very well could be no better than a solid, journeyman PG. Nobody knows. I'm also not excited about an Irving/Hardaway backcourt.

But I'm also not excited about what we have now. So what do you do? I lot of people liked the Jerian Grant selection and he has turned out to be nothing special.

No, no, no, no!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy