[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hold up! Kyrie just requested a trade!!!
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/21/2017  5:18 PM
EnySpree wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Melo and Courtney Lee for Kyrie, Shump and Frye

Why would melo make sense for them if Irving is gone? If Irving goes, Lebron ain't staying.

Why do you have to look at out that way? How about Lebron is leaving regardless? They haven't done anything to improve the team and Lebron is supposed to be frustrated. Kyrie is saying he wants out... the ship be sinking.

So why not trade for Melo and they make a run at it together?

Because melo likes his money- if he goes to the cavs for just one year and declines his option he loses money (opts out of his last year) at which point he can only sign with a team with cap space which rules out the rockets. It's a bad business move for him and not worth it if they won't even compete for the one year he's there.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
martin wrote:I don't know why, but I would not give up Frank in a Kyrie deal. Cavs and have Lee, Melo, KOQ in a package for Kyrie, but not with Frank going out.

I agree with this. Also, Jones on espn just Sid this feels like Marbs to the Knicks. It isn't that but that is a scary reference.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dwiley20
Member: #5755

You crazy if you would include Frank N.
MS
Member: #724
7/21/2017  5:19 PM
Makes perfect sense.

Although Miami offering Winslow and Dragic is also interesting. Gives them a lot of defense they are missing and a young piece to add.

The Timberwolves just signed Teague and wouldn't move Wiggins, so they are likely out of the picture.

The Spurs have nobody that makes sense. So unless other teams get involved, the Knicks are well positioned.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/21/2017  5:19 PM
dwiley20 wrote:You crazy if you would include Frank N.

I agree

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
7/21/2017  5:21 PM
Nice dilemma. Does Kyrie in his prime with KP make us a contender? Do we now abdndom our rebuild? Keep the kid if you can. Noah & Melo & Lee for Kyrie JR and 1st rounder 2019.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/21/2017  5:21 PM
smackeddog wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Melo and Courtney Lee for Kyrie, Shump and Frye

Why would melo make sense for them if Irving is gone? If Irving goes, Lebron ain't staying.

Why do you have to look at out that way? How about Lebron is leaving regardless? They haven't done anything to improve the team and Lebron is supposed to be frustrated. Kyrie is saying he wants out... the ship be sinking.

So why not trade for Melo and they make a run at it together?

Because melo likes his money- if he goes to the cavs for just one year and declines his option he loses money (opts out of his last year) at which point he can only sign with a team with cap space which rules out the rockets. It's a bad business move for him and not worth it if they won't even compete for the one year he's there.

He may choose to opt out because of the over 38 rule that would limit the length of his deal if he doesn't sign a new contract next offseason.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

7/21/2017  5:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/21/2017  5:22 PM
Kyrie has named the Knicks one of his preferred destinations. Lebron wants to play with Melo. Their salaries match. We may have to give up Frank in the deal, but Kryie is a 25 year old (in his prime) bona fide all star/franchise player at point guard. I think we may have to do it. And we would have control of him for 3 years.

Kyrie, KP, THJ and Wily?!?

We're ballin' in the east, no?!?

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/21/2017  5:27 PM
Paris907 wrote:Nice dilemma. Does Kyrie in his prime with KP make us a contender? Do we now abdndom our rebuild? Keep the kid if you can. Noah & Melo & Lee for Kyrie JR and 1st rounder 2019.

I dot see it as throwing away the rebuild....Kyrie is 25. NY owns its picks. We keep it young and add talent.

Irving/Frank/Baker
Thjr/Dotson/Randle
thomas/KUZ
KP/KOQ/Kornett
Willy/Noah

The team would be good. What if Hardaway blossoms? Then you have a great backcourt with KP and Willy holding down the middle. Next year you add a rotation player and sign a FA before you know it they are contenders and still young....

mlby1215
Member: #6486

7/21/2017  5:29 PM
I hope we lose out in this chasing. If we get Kyrie, it means we absolutely trades away first round picks and young talents. Every team wants Knicks picks. Who wouldn't?

I have a feeling he will be ours. Maybe Dolan comes out again and "help" us. Maybe he "approves" that 3 first round plus Willy and our new PG are worth it.

I am not kidding. It is real dangerous.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/21/2017  5:30 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Kyrie has named the Knicks one of his preferred destinations. Lebron wants to play with Melo. Their salaries match. We may have to give up Frank in the deal, but Kryie is a 25 year old (in his prime) bona fide all star/franchise player at point guard. I think we may have to do it. And we would have control of him for 3 years.

Perry and Mills might be tempted to give up Frank because for better or worse he will be known as a "Phil pick". Trading Frank for an upgrade at PG would put their own stamp on this team. The other picks were "Phil picks" as well, But Frank's game said system pick more than any of them. This would be an easy way to put some distance between this regime and the last one, wether you agree with the move or not.

shinmen
Member: #6029
France
7/21/2017  5:32 PM
Please, not another star****. Can t we catch a break. Hornacek was promoting a defense first identity. Irving is an awful defender. No pick, no franck, kp or willy. Come on!4
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/21/2017  5:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/21/2017  5:35 PM
This seems like the perfect storm.... not one of those other teams has a player of Melos talent to offer. I'd have to say, I think we are the top team to make the deal ... who the heck are the spurs gonna offer LMA, guys been a bust since going there. The heat drogic? Melo is the best player available. If we put frank and a top 5 protected first in to sweeten the deal no other team comes close to what we can offer ..

With that said this would be a star Phuck for sure. And Kylrie is super injury prone, if I'm the knicks I let him go to the spurs...

In frank we trust

SocraticBallin22

7/21/2017  5:34 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Kyrie has named the Knicks one of his preferred destinations. Lebron wants to play with Melo. Their salaries match. We may have to give up Frank in the deal, but Kryie is a 25 year old (in his prime) bona fide all star/franchise player at point guard. I think we may have to do it. And we would have control of him for 3 years.

Perry and Mills might be tempted to give up Frank because for better or worse he will be known as a "Phil pick". Trading Frank for an upgrade at PG would put their own stamp on this team. The other picks were "Phil picks" as well, But Frank's game said system pick more than any of them. This would be an easy way to put some distance between this regime and the last one, wether you agree with the move or not.

Here's the way I look at it: Will Frank every become anything as close to a talent that Kyrie is?!? The answer is a resounding no! His ceiling is not that high! Sorry. Kyrie is a franchise PG who is 25 and heading into his prime years! He was amazing in the playoffs last year.

Another way to look at it: Before the draft, if the Cavs said I'll give you Kryie Irving for the 8th pick, would you do it? Hells yes!

It's a no brainer! Kyrie wants out; this is the only way this deal is even on the table. Melo and Frank for Kyrie I could see happening.

SocraticBallin22

7/21/2017  5:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/21/2017  5:35 PM
shinmen wrote:Please, not another star****. Can t we catch a break. Hornacek was promoting a defense first identity. Irving is an awful defender. No pick, no franck, kp or willy. Come on!4

You are nuts! Kyrie is the best ball handler in the entire NBA who is a great finisher and clutch shooter. He is not an all-star; he is a franchise talent! They don't grow on trees! Cavs don't want to give him up; he wants to go!

RonRon
Member: #246
7/21/2017  5:35 PM
IF TRUE, i guess Lebron is going to leave and they are unlikely to trade for CA
However, IF LEBRON CHANGES HIS MIND IF THEY ARE WILLING TO ADD CA, with his NO TRADE CLAUSE (LEBRONS) and signs and extension to stay, maybe Gilbert will reconsider?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/21/2017  5:35 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Here's the way I look at it: Will Frank every become anything as close to a talent that Kyrie is?!? The answer is a resounding no! His ceiling is not that high! Sorry. Kyrie is a franchise PG who is 25 and heading into his prime years! He was amazing in the playoffs last year.

Another way to look at it: Before the draft, if the Cavs said I'll give you Kryie Irving for the 8th pick, would you do it? Hells yes!

It's a no brainer! Kyrie wants out; this is the only way this deal is even on the table. Melo and Frank for Kyrie I could see happening.

If we had drafted DSJ, pretty sure most of us wouldn't be having this conversation.

SocraticBallin22

7/21/2017  5:37 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

If we had drafted DSJ, pretty sure most of us wouldn't be having this conversation.

Great point because DSJ's ceiling could reach Kyrie's. Frank is not that type of player.

MS
Member: #724
7/21/2017  5:39 PM
Frank is unknown. You trade the known for the unknown all day.

Yes Jeff preached defense. We just have 72MM to a guy that can't defend, willy, KP are below average defenders, we can preach it all we want, but we have two guys on the roster that can defend.

Kyrie is also a very tradeable asset, something we never seem to acquire.

You do the deal with Frank all day long. Lebron is going West in one year which means the Knicks now have a top 5 player in the eastern conference with KP emerging. No brainer

shinmen
Member: #6029
France
7/21/2017  5:41 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
shinmen wrote:Please, not another star****. Can t we catch a break. Hornacek was promoting a defense first identity. Irving is an awful defender. No pick, no franck, kp or willy. Come on!4

You are nuts! Kyrie is the best ball handler in the entire NBA who is a great finisher and clutch shooter. He is not an all-star; he is a franchise talent! They don't grow on trees! Cavs don't want to give him up; he wants to go!

I m not saying he s not a good player, but every time we made this kind of move it backfired. Irving is injury prone. We signed tim to carry the scoring burden from kp. We NEED defense.
Toronto has 2 good offensive players but no defense, they strugled to get past the 1st round.

Hold up! Kyrie just requested a trade!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy