[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
Knickoftime
Posts: 23204
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

10/26/2017  10:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2017  10:17 AM
izybx wrote:
nixluva wrote:
izybx wrote:
nixluva wrote:Excellent explanation of how the Confederacy and White Supremacy was repackaged and taught to future generations by Southerners. This is a big reason why we still have problems with race.

I wonder nix, it seems in the past 10-20 years race relations have took a turn for the worst. When I was growing up we were taught to not see race, to act like it doesn't matter. Now it seems that in several facets of society race is emphasized. Is it possible for us as a country to move forward together? Is all this just going to get worse?

The truth is that when there’s economic pressure the tendency for some is to look for someone to blame! For example the whole Immigration issue is an example of targeting a group of people who easy to make into THE OTHER!

Nativist attitudes have never gone away. White Supremacy has never gone away. It just simmered under the lid waiting for the right time. Trump, Bannon, Gorka, Miller etc they use undercurrents of bigotry as a rallying point.

I’ve been saying this all this thread but White Supremacy is a problem that the larger white community has to get more serious about in order to solve it. Minorities have not historically sought to stoke racial animosity. Mostly minorities are responding to the Racism and seeking justice and equality.

AA’s didn’t focus on violent retribution after the Civil War. All they asked for was to be treated as any other American and they immediately built schools, churches, businesses and ran for public office. What did they get for just living as other Americans? KKK Violent Terrorism and a reversal of all the gains they were making during Reconstruction!

AA’s and other minorities can’t solve the race problems or systemic racism until a majority of White Americans determine they will no longer tolerate inequality and the continued existence of lie that “The Lost Cause” is just Southern Heritage! The Civil War never ended for many White people. That’s why we can’t get past the Racial issues. They’ve been teaching these Confederate Nobility lies for so long that generations fully believe in it.

Living in the North most aren’t aware of things like this:

(CNN)It's been nearly 152 years since the Confederate Army surrendered to Union forces, ending the American Civil War.

Some Southern states still commemorate those who died fighting for secession from the United States over slavery and states' rights. State government offices are closed Monday in Mississippi and Alabama for Confederate Memorial Day.

In Georgia the day has been called "State Holiday" since 2015, when Confederate Memorial Day and Robert E. Lee's birthday were struck from the state calendar. The state holiday list says the official holiday is April 26 but will be observed this year on Monday, April 24.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/24/us/confederate-memorial-day-2017/index.html

I certainly have no affinity toward anything to do with the confederacy. I hope those states and communities get rid of all that. But is that the problem? As a New Yorker, I haven't been exposed to those sort of things, nor has people in my community. But issues of race are as profound up here as it is down south. What do you think drives the racial g in other regions?

Perhaps as a New Yorker/northeasterner you can reflect on the animosity inherent in your belief that large percentages of ethnic groups (which I'm going to speculate includes African Americans) buy into the value of being perceived as victims, and the animosity that view may engender toward people who hold views like that among the large groups it denigrates.

You also got very personal and very spiteful pretty good and pretty quickly with Nix right here was well, also absence of those influences. So you might be able to contribute to this dialogue with some personal reflection.

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Posts: 23204
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

10/26/2017  10:49 AM
I think the last half of this thread is instructive in answering some of izybx's questions.

Culture moves very slowly, almost by rule. However, people simply aren't built to process this slowness very well. They're too influenced by their own persona experience and their own limited/short perspective and desires. They're too caught up in their own moment.

What I clearly see here is resentment among people like izybx, Briggs and others that others don't believe like they do that we live in a post-racial society. They seem to believe the Civil Rights Act of 54 years ago transformed this country and mostly washed away the legacy of the previous 350 years.

I see the same talking points repeated - equality and equal opportunity exists, you just have to grab it. That only "liberals" even consider race, and that large percentages of black Americans are content to play the victim rather than being the engine of their own upward mobility. And I see the resentment those views generate.

I'll say again, this dynamic is on full display on the previous pages. In light of that it seems silly to wonder aloud where racial animosity and division comes from. This very thread and even just the last few pages is a petri dish that directly answers those questions and more.

GoNyGoNyGo
Posts: 22951
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/29/2003
Member: #411
USA
10/26/2017  12:15 PM
nixluva wrote:HUGE development in the Trump Campaign Russia controversy.

Lol.

I see you don't mention any of the current reports of Clinton-Russia collusion, FEC violations, money laundering and possible treason. IT really is mind blowing stuff and can lead to actual indictments.

Yet another mistake by Dolan. When will it end?
nixluva
Posts: 55253
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/26/2017  12:35 PM
Knickoftime wrote:I think the last half of this thread is instructive in answering some of izybx's questions.

Culture moves very slowly, almost by rule. However, people simply aren't built to process this slowness very well. They're too influenced by their own persona experience and their own limited/short perspective and desires. They're too caught up in their own moment.

What I clearly see here is resentment among people like izybx, Briggs and others that others don't believe like they do that we live in a post-racial society. They seem to believe the Civil Rights Act of 54 years ago transformed this country and mostly washed away the legacy of the previous 350 years.

I see the same talking points repeated - equality and equal opportunity exists, you just have to grab it. That only "liberals" even consider race, and that large percentages of black Americans are content to play the victim rather than being the engine of their own upward mobility. And I see the resentment those views generate.

I'll say again, this dynamic is on full display on the previous pages. In light of that it seems silly to wonder aloud where racial animosity and division comes from. This very thread and even just the last few pages is a petri dish that directly answers those questions and more.

Excellent post! An example of how slow Culture changes!

A segregated prom refers to the practice of United States high schools, generally located in the Deep South, of holding racially segregated proms for white and black students. The practice spread after these schools were integrated, and persists in a few rural places to the present day. The separate proms have been the subject of frequent (often negative) press coverage, and several films.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segregated_prom

The children are not to blame. This is the older generations imposing their views onto them. This isn’t ancient history. While some youth are infected with this old culture, Many of the youth don’t carry on the bigotry. So it’s been slowly changing but as you stated those who deny its existence only serve to keep this going. It’s detrimental to the process of eradicating racial animosity and systemic racism.

nixluva
Posts: 55253
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/26/2017  12:47 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:HUGE development in the Trump Campaign Russia controversy.

Lol.

I see you don't mention any of the current reports of Clinton-Russia collusion, FEC violations, money laundering and possible treason. IT really is mind blowing stuff and can lead to actual indictments.

I think you need to do more research on this subject. This isn’t really anything new. If they investigate and find real wrongdoing then so be it. I have no problem with guilty people of any political party being prosecuted. None of this has anything to do with the involvement of Trump and his campaign LITERALLY seeking aid from a hostile foreign power to influence our election!

You think playing the “What about Clinton” game is a valid retort to all the things being uncovered about Trump in a very SERIOUS Special Counsel FBI investigation? If Clinton did anything wrong it won’t change a thing about what Trump and his campaign may be guilty of. The noose is tightening around Trump and his people. Surely you can see that.

nixluva
Posts: 55253
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/26/2017  2:46 PM
GoNyGoNyGo
Posts: 22951
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/29/2003
Member: #411
USA
10/26/2017  3:01 PM
nixluva wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:HUGE development in the Trump Campaign Russia controversy.

Lol.

I see you don't mention any of the current reports of Clinton-Russia collusion, FEC violations, money laundering and possible treason. IT really is mind blowing stuff and can lead to actual indictments.

I think you need to do more research on this subject. This isn’t really anything new. If they investigate and find real wrongdoing then so be it. I have no problem with guilty people of any political party being prosecuted. None of this has anything to do with the involvement of Trump and his campaign LITERALLY seeking aid from a hostile foreign power to influence our election!

You think playing the “What about Clinton” game is a valid retort to all the things being uncovered about Trump in a very SERIOUS Special Counsel FBI investigation? If Clinton did anything wrong it won’t change a thing about what Trump and his campaign may be guilty of. The noose is tightening around Trump and his people. Surely you can see that.

I agree guilty is guilty and get them ALL if they are! Drain the swamp, whoever it may be.

The point is that what you did not show here is that the DNC and HRC actually did collude with the Russians by getting lots of money ($145M to the CF) so they would approve the sale of Uranium to them. That is actually working with the enemy. WJC not only got more $$ for speaking fees but met with Putin in lead up to the deal. It seems as though most if not all the entire Obama administration was complicit, including FBI, DOJ and CIA.

"Russian reset" -BO administration policy - hmmmmm..... but now all of a sudden they are bad again? Doesn't jive.

"Tell Vladimir I have more flexibility after the election" - BO overheard on open mic - I wonder how much he made on the deal?

"1980's want their foreign policy back" - BO in debate with Romney in 2012.

This isn’t really anything new.

That is what HRC said too. What is new and is now very relevant is that a FBI informant just had his NDA lifted and will now testify to congress about all the workings of this deal. The noose is tightening, but not where and on how you think. Hopefully, the whistle blower lives to testify.

Finally -
Ha Ha!! NIce try! This is not a "What about Clinton" game! This is serious.

The only evidence so far shows that The

very SERIOUS Special Counsel FBI investigation
" was based on a phony document produced and paid for by, who? Yes, you guessed it, HRC and the DNC.

That phony document was then used by Comey's FBI to illegally wiretap and to illegally leak names (by BO admin officials) of unmasked people in the Trump campaign.


Assange has already responded to this claim and has stated that yes there was an approach, it was rebuffed and it was not about what is stated in the tweets you show. He still maintains that his info did not come from Russians.

Yet another mistake by Dolan. When will it end?
nixluva
Posts: 55253
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/26/2017  3:40 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:HUGE development in the Trump Campaign Russia controversy.

Lol.

I see you don't mention any of the current reports of Clinton-Russia collusion, FEC violations, money laundering and possible treason. IT really is mind blowing stuff and can lead to actual indictments.

I think you need to do more research on this subject. This isn’t really anything new. If they investigate and find real wrongdoing then so be it. I have no problem with guilty people of any political party being prosecuted. None of this has anything to do with the involvement of Trump and his campaign LITERALLY seeking aid from a hostile foreign power to influence our election!

You think playing the “What about Clinton” game is a valid retort to all the things being uncovered about Trump in a very SERIOUS Special Counsel FBI investigation? If Clinton did anything wrong it won’t change a thing about what Trump and his campaign may be guilty of. The noose is tightening around Trump and his people. Surely you can see that.

I agree guilty is guilty and get them ALL if they are! Drain the swamp, whoever it may be.

The point is that what you did not show here is that the DNC and HRC actually did collude with the Russians by getting lots of money ($145M to the CF) so they would approve the sale of Uranium to them. That is actually working with the enemy. WJC not only got more $$ for speaking fees but met with Putin in lead up to the deal. It seems as though most if not all the entire Obama administration was complicit, including FBI, DOJ and CIA.

"Russian reset" -BO administration policy - hmmmmm..... but now all of a sudden they are bad again? Doesn't jive.

"Tell Vladimir I have more flexibility after the election" - BO overheard on open mic - I wonder how much he made on the deal?

"1980's want their foreign policy back" - BO in debate with Romney in 2012.

This isn’t really anything new.

That is what HRC said too. What is new and is now very relevant is that a FBI informant just had his NDA lifted and will now testify to congress about all the workings of this deal. The noose is tightening, but not where and on how you think. Hopefully, the whistle blower lives to testify.

Finally -
Ha Ha!! NIce try! This is not a "What about Clinton" game! This is serious.

The only evidence so far shows that The

very SERIOUS Special Counsel FBI investigation
" was based on a phony document produced and paid for by, who? Yes, you guessed it, HRC and the DNC.

That phony document was then used by Comey's FBI to illegally wiretap and to illegally leak names (by BO admin officials) of unmasked people in the Trump campaign.


Assange has already responded to this claim and has stated that yes there was an approach, it was rebuffed and it was not about what is stated in the tweets you show. He still maintains that his info did not come from Russians.

Yeah you have a lot of these things wrong. First off I wasn’t posting about Clinton and this deal you’re focusing on. So of course there was nothing about it in my post. These are two completely different topics. When there’s more substantiated proof of serious wrongdoing in the Uranium issue we can discuss but right now that investigation is only at its beginning.

I’ll simply say you need to read this article and learn something about this HRC Uranium thing Cuz you need to learn some facts:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/oct/24/what-you-need-know-about-hillary-clinton-and-urani/

Second you’re going on a tangent accusing Obama of wrongdoing. You have no proof of anything just a hot mic comment that you WANT to be something sinister but you have nothing to tie it to. You’re just speculating.

This is Whataboutism cuz the subjects are not related. They are separate issues that will be dealt with on their own merits. Clinton’s guilt or innocence has ZERO bearing on Trump’s guilt or innocence. You seem to think it’s all related. Trump will go down of his own accord.

The Trump Dossier was part of Oppo research that was actually started by Republicans. Parts of the Dossier have been verified to be accurate. How you can pretend that Trump and his campaign didn’t have massive amounts of Russian involvement in the Russian interference of the election is mind boggling. Not to mention all the deals with Russians!!! Trump’s campaign is up to its eyeballs in Russian money.

That you would trust or believe Assange in this is laughable. I mean come on Bruh.

nixluva
Posts: 55253
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/26/2017  7:00 PM
Trump and his people are always tied to shady Real Estate deals.

nixluva
Posts: 55253
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/27/2017  12:36 AM
This is funny and not funny at the same time. VP Pence is a trip cuz he does give off that Handmaids Tale vibe.

izybx
Posts: 22355
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 10/16/2006
Member: #1178
USA
10/27/2017  2:21 AM
nixluva wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:HUGE development in the Trump Campaign Russia controversy.

Lol.

I see you don't mention any of the current reports of Clinton-Russia collusion, FEC violations, money laundering and possible treason. IT really is mind blowing stuff and can lead to actual indictments.

I think you need to do more research on this subject. This isn’t really anything new. If they investigate and find real wrongdoing then so be it. I have no problem with guilty people of any political party being prosecuted. None of this has anything to do with the involvement of Trump and his campaign LITERALLY seeking aid from a hostile foreign power to influence our election!

You think playing the “What about Clinton” game is a valid retort to all the things being uncovered about Trump in a very SERIOUS Special Counsel FBI investigation? If Clinton did anything wrong it won’t change a thing about what Trump and his campaign may be guilty of. The noose is tightening around Trump and his people. Surely you can see that.

I don't know bro, if trump had been caught doing this people would be losing their minds

Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
nixluva
Posts: 55253
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/27/2017  2:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2017  2:48 AM
izybx wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:HUGE development in the Trump Campaign Russia controversy.

Lol.

I see you don't mention any of the current reports of Clinton-Russia collusion, FEC violations, money laundering and possible treason. IT really is mind blowing stuff and can lead to actual indictments.

I think you need to do more research on this subject. This isn’t really anything new. If they investigate and find real wrongdoing then so be it. I have no problem with guilty people of any political party being prosecuted. None of this has anything to do with the involvement of Trump and his campaign LITERALLY seeking aid from a hostile foreign power to influence our election!

You think playing the “What about Clinton” game is a valid retort to all the things being uncovered about Trump in a very SERIOUS Special Counsel FBI investigation? If Clinton did anything wrong it won’t change a thing about what Trump and his campaign may be guilty of. The noose is tightening around Trump and his people. Surely you can see that.

I don't know bro, if trump had been caught doing this people would be losing their minds

Trump has already done illegal things. There’s literally no comparison between HRC and Trump when it comes to illegal activities.

Trump is the one behind bringing this Uranium issue back up to try and deflect from his many scandals under investigation.

You should really read this article on the Uranium deal

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/oct/24/what-you-need-know-about-hillary-clinton-and-urani/

nixluva
Posts: 55253
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/27/2017  2:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2017  2:52 AM

nixluva
Posts: 55253
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/27/2017  2:57 AM
GoNyGoNyGo
Posts: 22951
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/29/2003
Member: #411
USA
10/27/2017  9:31 AM
nixluva wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:HUGE development in the Trump Campaign Russia controversy.

Lol.

I see you don't mention any of the current reports of Clinton-Russia collusion, FEC violations, money laundering and possible treason. IT really is mind blowing stuff and can lead to actual indictments.

I think you need to do more research on this subject. This isn’t really anything new. If they investigate and find real wrongdoing then so be it. I have no problem with guilty people of any political party being prosecuted. None of this has anything to do with the involvement of Trump and his campaign LITERALLY seeking aid from a hostile foreign power to influence our election!

You think playing the “What about Clinton” game is a valid retort to all the things being uncovered about Trump in a very SERIOUS Special Counsel FBI investigation? If Clinton did anything wrong it won’t change a thing about what Trump and his campaign may be guilty of. The noose is tightening around Trump and his people. Surely you can see that.

I agree guilty is guilty and get them ALL if they are! Drain the swamp, whoever it may be.

The point is that what you did not show here is that the DNC and HRC actually did collude with the Russians by getting lots of money ($145M to the CF) so they would approve the sale of Uranium to them. That is actually working with the enemy. WJC not only got more $$ for speaking fees but met with Putin in lead up to the deal. It seems as though most if not all the entire Obama administration was complicit, including FBI, DOJ and CIA.

"Russian reset" -BO administration policy - hmmmmm..... but now all of a sudden they are bad again? Doesn't jive.

"Tell Vladimir I have more flexibility after the election" - BO overheard on open mic - I wonder how much he made on the deal?

"1980's want their foreign policy back" - BO in debate with Romney in 2012.

This isn’t really anything new.

That is what HRC said too. What is new and is now very relevant is that a FBI informant just had his NDA lifted and will now testify to congress about all the workings of this deal. The noose is tightening, but not where and on how you think. Hopefully, the whistle blower lives to testify.

Finally -
Ha Ha!! NIce try! This is not a "What about Clinton" game! This is serious.

The only evidence so far shows that The

very SERIOUS Special Counsel FBI investigation
" was based on a phony document produced and paid for by, who? Yes, you guessed it, HRC and the DNC.

That phony document was then used by Comey's FBI to illegally wiretap and to illegally leak names (by BO admin officials) of unmasked people in the Trump campaign.


Assange has already responded to this claim and has stated that yes there was an approach, it was rebuffed and it was not about what is stated in the tweets you show. He still maintains that his info did not come from Russians.

Yeah you have a lot of these things wrong. First off I wasn’t posting about Clinton and this deal you’re focusing on. So of course there was nothing about it in my post. These are two completely different topics. When there’s more substantiated proof of serious wrongdoing in the Uranium issue we can discuss but right now that investigation is only at its beginning.

I’ll simply say you need to read this article and learn something about this HRC Uranium thing Cuz you need to learn some facts:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/oct/24/what-you-need-know-about-hillary-clinton-and-urani/

Second you’re going on a tangent accusing Obama of wrongdoing. You have no proof of anything just a hot mic comment that you WANT to be something sinister but you have nothing to tie it to. You’re just speculating.

This is Whataboutism cuz the subjects are not related. They are separate issues that will be dealt with on their own merits. Clinton’s guilt or innocence has ZERO bearing on Trump’s guilt or innocence. You seem to think it’s all related. Trump will go down of his own accord.

The Trump Dossier was part of Oppo research that was actually started by Republicans. Parts of the Dossier have been verified to be accurate. How you can pretend that Trump and his campaign didn’t have massive amounts of Russian involvement in the Russian interference of the election is mind boggling. Not to mention all the deals with Russians!!! Trump’s campaign is up to its eyeballs in Russian money.

That you would trust or believe Assange in this is laughable. I mean come on Bruh.

I understand what your post was about. It was part of the non-stop sometimes biased barrage against Trump on this thread by many posters.

I have not denigrated or personally attacked you or your "facts" up to this point, just simply trying to point out what you may be have missed. You apparently did not miss it but also declined to share it too.

You have already started to attack me and assume I don't know anything about what I am talking about simply because its different than what you know. Just keeping it real, "Bruh".

For the last 10 months or longer, it has been "Russia, Russia, Russia" and it is supposedly all about Trump right? Regardless of BO himself saying that Russia could not alter our elections back in October 2016 when HRC was deemed likely to win. Now there is an investigation and We are still waiting for the results of the independent counsel investigation. NO facts yet or he would have been hung by now, I am sure. I repeat, NO PROOF as of yet. (BTW - Mueller was head of FBI during this Uranium deal - FACT).

As I am pointing out, On the other side it is also possible that they are complicit in some real bad stuff when it comes to "Russia, Russia, Russia!!" and its provable with FACTS!!! A witness has proof and will be testifying to Congress. The same informant was blocked by DOJ head (under BO) Lynch from testifying before. Cover up? Let's find out, right? The facts of the Uranium case, were known for awhile and it is very possible that a HRC friendly FBI and DOJ may have helped cover it up? You would agree that is possible, right?

Obviously we may use a different set of resources to learn what we "know". We definitely have a different perspective and that is OK as long as we accept it and not denigrate each other because of it.

Let me state this one more time. If the facts come out and prove the allegations of Trump-Russia collusion then he should and will be held accountable. I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH THAT WHAT SO EVER!!!! I am tired of our corrupt political system. The possible fact that a billionaire businessman had business deals with Russians is not really shocking or evidence of a conspiracy but nonetheless should be looked at as it has been since June 2016, right? (Comey stated that in one of his appearances, I believe)

Again - the point is being made that we have evidence and it is coming out with proof of HRC-OB adminsistration collusion with Russia. Like Izbyx said, imagine for one second, if the tables were reversed. What would your reaction be? Do you think Trump would last one more week in office? No and nor should he.


As to your other points:

This is an alternative view of the Dossier article you linked to: http://thefederalist.com/2017/10/25/top-10-things-to-know-about-dossier/

The Politifact article has nothing that I have not read before. Ultimately we will see if TheFederalist or Politifact have it right. I think that that the dealings need closer scrutiny at the very least. The writer seemed to take the "word" of many of those involved as proof. Not sure I agree.

Also, I disagree that allowing Russia to control ANY of our Uranium is a good idea at all and that its not harmful to our Nat'l security. If they cannot be trusted and are so evil ( which I agree they are), then why would we think they would uphold to the agreement? Doesn't sound to smart to me. Russia is tight with Iran and Syria.
Notwithstanding the agreement, That material can be taken anywhere and there are claims it may have been already.

Assange -
he was the darling of the left years back, and now a mortal enemy. ( I will add the right hated him back when and now love him). The point I was making is that his information that he released has shown to be true. That's all. I DO harbor some suspicion about his motives and Yes, I DO know of the allegations against him.
That being said, prove him wrong. Listen to what he says but verify it.


Perhaps there can be more balance to the discussions here without the personal attacks and what I perceive to be group mentality bullying. Lets not fall prey to what is happening on a national level. It is our country. We ALL benefit by making sure it is sovereign and free. By allowing the elite to divide us, we allow ourselves to be conquered.

Let's see how it all plays out. Good luck to you, I hope your life is well.

Yet another mistake by Dolan. When will it end?
gr33d
Posts: 20787
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/19/2006
Member: #1097
USA
10/27/2017  9:50 AM
nixluva wrote:This is funny and not funny at the same time. VP Pence is a trip cuz he does give off that Handmaids Tale vibe.

"If you ain't first, you're last" - Ricky Bobby
GustavBahler
Posts: 32946
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

10/27/2017  9:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2017  9:59 PM
Mueller has filed the first charges in the investigation, didnt say who yet. Happening a lot faster than I thought.
nixluva
Posts: 55253
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/27/2017  10:17 PM
nixluva
Posts: 55253
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/27/2017  10:27 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:HUGE development in the Trump Campaign Russia controversy.

Lol.

I see you don't mention any of the current reports of Clinton-Russia collusion, FEC violations, money laundering and possible treason. IT really is mind blowing stuff and can lead to actual indictments.

I think you need to do more research on this subject. This isn’t really anything new. If they investigate and find real wrongdoing then so be it. I have no problem with guilty people of any political party being prosecuted. None of this has anything to do with the involvement of Trump and his campaign LITERALLY seeking aid from a hostile foreign power to influence our election!

You think playing the “What about Clinton” game is a valid retort to all the things being uncovered about Trump in a very SERIOUS Special Counsel FBI investigation? If Clinton did anything wrong it won’t change a thing about what Trump and his campaign may be guilty of. The noose is tightening around Trump and his people. Surely you can see that.

I agree guilty is guilty and get them ALL if they are! Drain the swamp, whoever it may be.

The point is that what you did not show here is that the DNC and HRC actually did collude with the Russians by getting lots of money ($145M to the CF) so they would approve the sale of Uranium to them. That is actually working with the enemy. WJC not only got more $$ for speaking fees but met with Putin in lead up to the deal. It seems as though most if not all the entire Obama administration was complicit, including FBI, DOJ and CIA.

"Russian reset" -BO administration policy - hmmmmm..... but now all of a sudden they are bad again? Doesn't jive.

"Tell Vladimir I have more flexibility after the election" - BO overheard on open mic - I wonder how much he made on the deal?

"1980's want their foreign policy back" - BO in debate with Romney in 2012.

This isn’t really anything new.

That is what HRC said too. What is new and is now very relevant is that a FBI informant just had his NDA lifted and will now testify to congress about all the workings of this deal. The noose is tightening, but not where and on how you think. Hopefully, the whistle blower lives to testify.

Finally -
Ha Ha!! NIce try! This is not a "What about Clinton" game! This is serious.

The only evidence so far shows that The

very SERIOUS Special Counsel FBI investigation
" was based on a phony document produced and paid for by, who? Yes, you guessed it, HRC and the DNC.

That phony document was then used by Comey's FBI to illegally wiretap and to illegally leak names (by BO admin officials) of unmasked people in the Trump campaign.


Assange has already responded to this claim and has stated that yes there was an approach, it was rebuffed and it was not about what is stated in the tweets you show. He still maintains that his info did not come from Russians.

Yeah you have a lot of these things wrong. First off I wasn’t posting about Clinton and this deal you’re focusing on. So of course there was nothing about it in my post. These are two completely different topics. When there’s more substantiated proof of serious wrongdoing in the Uranium issue we can discuss but right now that investigation is only at its beginning.

I’ll simply say you need to read this article and learn something about this HRC Uranium thing Cuz you need to learn some facts:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/oct/24/what-you-need-know-about-hillary-clinton-and-urani/

Second you’re going on a tangent accusing Obama of wrongdoing. You have no proof of anything just a hot mic comment that you WANT to be something sinister but you have nothing to tie it to. You’re just speculating.

This is Whataboutism cuz the subjects are not related. They are separate issues that will be dealt with on their own merits. Clinton’s guilt or innocence has ZERO bearing on Trump’s guilt or innocence. You seem to think it’s all related. Trump will go down of his own accord.

The Trump Dossier was part of Oppo research that was actually started by Republicans. Parts of the Dossier have been verified to be accurate. How you can pretend that Trump and his campaign didn’t have massive amounts of Russian involvement in the Russian interference of the election is mind boggling. Not to mention all the deals with Russians!!! Trump’s campaign is up to its eyeballs in Russian money.

That you would trust or believe Assange in this is laughable. I mean come on Bruh.

I understand what your post was about. It was part of the non-stop sometimes biased barrage against Trump on this thread by many posters.

I have not denigrated or personally attacked you or your "facts" up to this point, just simply trying to point out what you may be have missed. You apparently did not miss it but also declined to share it too.

You have already started to attack me and assume I don't know anything about what I am talking about simply because its different than what you know. Just keeping it real, "Bruh".

For the last 10 months or longer, it has been "Russia, Russia, Russia" and it is supposedly all about Trump right? Regardless of BO himself saying that Russia could not alter our elections back in October 2016 when HRC was deemed likely to win. Now there is an investigation and We are still waiting for the results of the independent counsel investigation. NO facts yet or he would have been hung by now, I am sure. I repeat, NO PROOF as of yet. (BTW - Mueller was head of FBI during this Uranium deal - FACT).

As I am pointing out, On the other side it is also possible that they are complicit in some real bad stuff when it comes to "Russia, Russia, Russia!!" and its provable with FACTS!!! A witness has proof and will be testifying to Congress. The same informant was blocked by DOJ head (under BO) Lynch from testifying before. Cover up? Let's find out, right? The facts of the Uranium case, were known for awhile and it is very possible that a HRC friendly FBI and DOJ may have helped cover it up? You would agree that is possible, right?

Obviously we may use a different set of resources to learn what we "know". We definitely have a different perspective and that is OK as long as we accept it and not denigrate each other because of it.

Let me state this one more time. If the facts come out and prove the allegations of Trump-Russia collusion then he should and will be held accountable. I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH THAT WHAT SO EVER!!!! I am tired of our corrupt political system. The possible fact that a billionaire businessman had business deals with Russians is not really shocking or evidence of a conspiracy but nonetheless should be looked at as it has been since June 2016, right? (Comey stated that in one of his appearances, I believe)

Again - the point is being made that we have evidence and it is coming out with proof of HRC-OB adminsistration collusion with Russia. Like Izbyx said, imagine for one second, if the tables were reversed. What would your reaction be? Do you think Trump would last one more week in office? No and nor should he.


As to your other points:

This is an alternative view of the Dossier article you linked to: http://thefederalist.com/2017/10/25/top-10-things-to-know-about-dossier/

The Politifact article has nothing that I have not read before. Ultimately we will see if TheFederalist or Politifact have it right. I think that that the dealings need closer scrutiny at the very least. The writer seemed to take the "word" of many of those involved as proof. Not sure I agree.

Also, I disagree that allowing Russia to control ANY of our Uranium is a good idea at all and that its not harmful to our Nat'l security. If they cannot be trusted and are so evil ( which I agree they are), then why would we think they would uphold to the agreement? Doesn't sound to smart to me. Russia is tight with Iran and Syria.
Notwithstanding the agreement, That material can be taken anywhere and there are claims it may have been already.

Assange -
he was the darling of the left years back, and now a mortal enemy. ( I will add the right hated him back when and now love him). The point I was making is that his information that he released has shown to be true. That's all. I DO harbor some suspicion about his motives and Yes, I DO know of the allegations against him.
That being said, prove him wrong. Listen to what he says but verify it.


Perhaps there can be more balance to the discussions here without the personal attacks and what I perceive to be group mentality bullying. Lets not fall prey to what is happening on a national level. It is our country. We ALL benefit by making sure it is sovereign and free. By allowing the elite to divide us, we allow ourselves to be conquered.

Let's see how it all plays out. Good luck to you, I hope your life is well.

I’ve openly admitted that I’m biased against Trump and Republicans in general. I make no illusions of trying to be fair and balanced because I’ve seen enough to know that the policies they push are not good for the majority of Americans. I could list them but it’s not necessary IMO. The record is clear as day!

Trump is even worse than I expected him to be. I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone still defends him.

nixluva
Posts: 55253
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/27/2017  11:08 PM
Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.